Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Recommended Posts

I just love the excitement on this thread! I was missing this a bit in comparison to last season...

But this episode and season finale spoilers... just WOW (to quote Sheldon)

 

😍

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, luminous said:

There's a new promotional photo from yesterday's episode I thought my Shamy friends might like. 😉

112450_0970b.jpg.fddf56910c3d1b4080f10b19eaf8cc01.jpg

cbspressexpress.com

Sheldon & Amy or Jim & Mayim?

I can't decide.

  • Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first saw the dress my initial reaction was....oh dear!! ( ok it may have been a little stronger than that lol )

Then we got the tag scene and Sheldon's reaction....as soon as he said " I can't wait to marry you " and walked over to Amy and kissed her cheek I was fighting back the tears. :cry:

So....bring on the wedding because I am so ready and can't wait to see it!!!!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, amethyst said:

When I first saw the dress my initial reaction was....oh dear!! ( ok it may have been a little stronger than that lol )

Then we got the tag scene and Sheldon's reaction....as soon as he said " I can't wait to marry you " and walked over to Amy and kissed her cheek I was fighting back the tears. :cry:

So....bring on the wedding because I am so ready and can't wait to see it!!!!

SAME I NEED IT 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

That last scene in the taping report sounds so beautiful and funny, with Stephen Hawking's wedding gift. I just hope that in the last scene Sheldon is wearing a wedding ring because this scene will be their first as an officially married couple and he needs to wear the ring

I'm wondering why they are at home in 4B and not on their honeymoon - unless they came back in their wedding outfits to change into their going away outfits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm wondering why they are at home in 4B and not on their honeymoon - unless they came back in their wedding outfits to change into their going away outfits.

Not everybody starts their honeymoon immediately.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, April said:

Not everybody starts their honeymoon immediately.

That's very true, I got married (many moons ago).  After the reception we went back to our apartment opened some gifts, changed clothes and then spent our first married night at the hotel attached to the airport. We then caught our very early morning flight to our honeymoon the next day.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BobtheBlob said:

That last scene in the taping report sounds so beautiful and funny, with Stephen Hawking's wedding gift. I just hope that in the last scene Sheldon is wearing a wedding ring because this scene will be their first as an officially married couple and he needs to wear the ring

I got really emotional when I read the part Hawking wrote: "I'm about time, about time, get it?" 

I can't imagine how Sheldon felt, knowing Hawking was such an idol and good friend to him. Thank God Amy was there to comfort him. 

I can't wait for this episode!!!

  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon & Amy or Jim & Mayim?

I can't decide.

Jim and Mayim

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon & Amy or Jim & Mayim?

I can't decide.

Jim & Mayim. Sheldon 's smile is beautiful but Jim's usually is a broad smile like that one. His smile light a room up :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 7:19 PM, Desdemona said:

Maybe Sheldon would put it into a Stark Trek uniform and they would give it a cute, strange name.

As it's dead, he could call it "unnamed crewman in a red shirt." 😀

11 hours ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon & Amy or Jim & Mayim?

I can't decide.

For me, it's impossible to choose between Mayim and Amy.

I love both equally.

BTW. I liked the first dress Amy tried on, the most.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Jim & Mayim. Sheldon 's smile is beautiful but Jim's usually is a broad smile like that one. His smile light a room up :)

Is it me or Sheldon’s actually been smiling like Jim more and more in latest seasons,or more specifically, latest eps?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Moving on from dresses...

- I like the sound of the vows a lot, they sound very beautiful and from the heart. 

- It sounds like the guest stars don't dominate the proceedings like they did in 10.1, maybe the writers have learned something there that they are there to enhance the story not direct or dictate it.

- After reading the TR I wish even more now we had gotten an episode with Amy's parents turning up earlier in the season, if they had ditched that Raj love triangle story for an episode introducing Amy's parents I would have took it lol.

- The equation thing, at first I had a hard time believing they would get so distracted by it on such a big day but it sounds kind of cute. I hope and I really really hope this could lead to somehow and some way into seeing more of/or perhaps even leading to a new Shamy project in Season 12. If the show wants to focus on say fixing Raj in Season 12 and focusing on other characters a Shamy working together storyline in the background could lead to some nice stories.

I think it would’ve been funny to have had Kripke sing “The Way You Look Tonight” as an insider joke. I, too, would have liked to see an intro of Amy’s parents prior to the wedding episode to get to know just a little about the folks who raised Amy. Certainly would be a better use of an episode than the upcoming “red eye” plot (though it’s probably a light and funny episode). I get that maybe securing Bates and Teller for two episodes vs. just the one would probably be difficult. Still...

Maybe we will be lucky enough to see them again in S12.

If only we could have had an hour special for the wedding episode! We could then have crammed a lot more of what we as fans wanted! I would really enjoy seeing the reception after the wedding—dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, and booze flowing! All the makings for a mix of cuteness and comedy!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

I think it would’ve been funny to have had Kripke sing “The Way You Look Tonight” as an insider joke. I, too, would have liked to see an intro of Amy’s parents prior to the wedding episode to get to know just a little about the folks who raised Amy. Certainly would be a better use of an episode than the upcoming “red eye” plot (though it’s probably a light and funny episode). I get that maybe securing Bates and Teller for two episodes vs. just the one would probably be difficult. Still...

Maybe we will be lucky enough to see them again in S12.

If only we could have had an hour special for the wedding episode! We could then have crammed a lot more of what we as fans wanted! I would really enjoy seeing the reception after the wedding—dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, and booze flowing! All the makings for a mix of cuteness and comedy!

I'm not a huge Kripke fan but I think some would have loved that lol.

Yeah I think possibly it would have been difficult to have two big names for two episodes in a season, I guess they could have cast some lesser known actors for the role instead that might have allowed them to do that, but I understand they chose who they did and why. Actor availability as well especially with the bigger names plays such a huge part behind the scenes.

Wouldn't mind seeing them again, especially if it generates a storyline for Amy, with maybe Sheldon supporting her in some way.

I wonder if it crossed their minds to span it out over two episodes, I guess they would have been pro's and con's to it and to be fair it had already been done in a way with 9.24 and 10.1 so maybe they didn't want to repeat that. I wouldn't have liked a concluded episode in Season 12 either.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Kathy Bates is inspired casting.

She was fantastic.. She is truly unsinkable 

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Kathy Bates is inspired casting.

I saw some flexibility there with Amy's mother before the casting came out because you hadn't heard as many references to her in recent years and at times it felt like a mixed picture painted of her and hard to judge exactly what she was like. But they went with the stricter, controlling depiction of her and Bates is clearly an amazing casting choice for that.

Though I would have been more than OK with seeing Amy's mother like that earlier in the season, but there could have been a storyline with some kind of moment between mother and daughter that perhaps softened that relationship a bit going into the wedding. But maybe that would have meant a different casting of course.

Edited by Jonny
Would have rather than wouldn't.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 3:21 AM, Kathy2611 said:

They only pretaped the wedding parts Mary is in since she had to leave early and not be there during the live taping.  Which means they had to do Mayim’s hair and make up both Monday and Tuesday.  Plus getting the sets ready.   That’s probably why it took so long.  

Thanks for pointing the Mary part out. This makes perfect sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Kathy Bates, I love her acting. And I'm really glad that they cast her as Amy's Mom. With these recent seasons, I'm liking Amy more and more, I'd love to see her "have a win" (for lack of better words), and having Kathy Bates as Amy's "crazy Mom" is just perfect. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's funny is both Kathy Bates and Laurie Metcalf played Annie Wilkes in "Misery".

Kathy played her in the film and Laurie played her on Broadway.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.