The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

On May 5, 2018 at 7:16 AM, Jonny said:

Sorry for them that they will be disappointed in some way, I think many of us (it's blatantly obvious) are disappointed about 'some' aspects of it. We all have our own desires and wishes when it comes what we want to see and do you know why? It's because we all care a lot about this couple or if you are not a shipper these characters individually. Criticism and debate doesn't mean you don't care, or that you are less of a fan in fact I would strongly argue it's the opposite.

Sometimes I think it gets lost how difficult it is for the writers to cram everything they want to or envisage in just 20 mins. The guest star thing, sure I would probably have reduced the guest stars even further to give us more interactions especially wedding ones but overall I would say from reading the TR they haven't made it all about the guest stars, which this show has been guilty of in the past.

At the end of the day the way I see it is IF after viewing it there are more things you 'like' than you 'dislike' then it's a pretty good end result.

I remember my own wedding and reception afterwards as a whirlwind of activity and a wonderful blur, so I see the Shamy wedding with all of the guests stars etc. as being true to life. I remember being so busy saying hello to everyone, getting first dance in, dancing with family, toasts, etc etc that I never ate a slice of my own cake (I don't count the small chunk that my wife shoved in my face when we cut it!). I'm pretty excited for the traditional wedding with the big attendance and all the pomp going with it! With this show it COULD have ended in very different ways.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, ShamyymahS said:

and as long as they're satisfied, I will be.

I'm sure Amy will be, following their "feverish night of socially-approved copulation". 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I'm pretty excited for the traditional wedding with the big attendance and all the pomp going with it! With this show it COULD have ended in very different ways.

From what I know you don't see any of the reception. Can anyone confirm that?

5 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I remember my own wedding and reception afterwards as a whirlwind of activity and a wonderful blur, so I see the Shamy wedding with all of the guests stars etc. as being true to life. I remember being so busy saying hello to everyone, getting first dance in, dancing with family, toasts, etc etc that I never ate a slice of my own cake (I don't count the small chunk that my wife shoved in my face when we cut it!). I'm pretty excited for the traditional wedding with the big attendance and all the pomp going with it! With this show it COULD have ended in very different ways.

Oh for sure they could have done anything, even something heartbreaking. 

I personally would have shown more of the actual reception, maybe even the first dance (especially because it was such a big thing for Amy during the other girls weddings, and earlier this season when they were wedding planning and at City Hall when he said he wanted to have the first dance with her) because i'm probably just an old romantic at heart lol.

I would have ditched perhaps the wedding gifts scene right at the end and had a quick highlight scene of some of the reception afterwards instead. But I understand why they wanted to pay tribute to Hawking.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That is correct. Nothing from the reception.

• Like 2

Looking forward to 12x1 and eyeballing the 4B set for framed wedding pictures.

I kind of hope that there is one we haven't seen yet with S/A with their friends and both sides of their families.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

No reception. Just a glorious wedding ceremony.

24 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Looking forward to 12x1 and eyeballing the 4B set for framed wedding pictures.

I kind of hope that there is one we haven't seen yet with S/A with their friends and both sides of their families.

Yes! I keep hoping to see a picture on the fridge of the two of them. Or on the bookshelf. I have yet to see one. Perhaps they will decide to put up a wedding picture I will settle for one of the two of them alone or with one with friends or family. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sah said:

No reception. Just a glorious wedding ceremony.

Yes! I keep hoping to see a picture on the fridge of the two of them. Or on the bookshelf. I have yet to see one. Perhaps they will decide to put up a wedding picture I will settle for one of the two of them alone or with one with friends or family. 

or maybe a pic of the happy couple cutting a three tiered chocolate cake with pink frosting lol!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

or maybe a pic of the happy couple cutting a three tiered chocolate cake with pink frosting lol!

Yes please :)

With all the guest stars, I'm kinda surprised that we actually can see the "both bride and groom getting ready for the wedding in the dress rooms", "bride walking down the aisle", "exchange vows", etc. Like @mirs1 said, "they don't overshadow Shamy."

And that's the whole point. Adding a reception may backfire the point, like Chandler and Monica's wedding reception, the focus shifted from them to Rachel being pregnant. I don't think Shamy fans want that, right?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

With all the guest stars, I'm kinda surprised that we actually can see the "both bride and groom getting ready for the wedding in the dress rooms", "bride walking down the aisle", "exchange vows", etc. Like @mirs1 said, "they don't overshadow Shamy."

And that's the whole point. Adding a reception may backfire the point, like Chandler and Monica's wedding reception, the focus shifted from them to Rachel being pregnant. I don't think Shamy fans want that, right?

I am a little disappointed that we won't see the happy couple's first dance to the tune of " Darlin' ".

• Like 5

On 5/3/2018 at 10:22 PM, Kathy2611 said:

Some have left, some went to a different forum, some just post on tumblr 

Ok, okay. This explains. I was always very active in the shamy fandom on tumblr. Since pretty much the earlier shamy days. Tbh, its my favorite place. I always see and talk some things here on the forum, but I still prefer tumblr. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GnuHopper said:

I am a little disappointed that we won't see the happy couple's first dance to the tune of " Darlin' ".

That's a good point. But I prefer the song being "Happy Together" by The turtles, it fits the theme and I LOVE 10X19, when they were working together with the song being BGM. 

• Like 1

Two posts were hidden.  Remember, any media (pictures, video, tweets, IG posts, etc)  have to be from the original source.  

And I think Kripke's soulful "Volare" will be the significant song.:dancer:

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, veejay said:

Fun fact, "VoIare" is not the actuaI ItaIian titIe of that song, it wouId be "NeI bIu dipinto di bIu", ruoghIy transIated as  "In the bIue (sky) painted in bIue"

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shamyyes said:

So excited for the WEDDING!   Remember when we were waiting for a kiss. They have come so far!  I have enjoyed their story sooooooo much. 

we have to wait a couple of weeks here in Australia we are up to episode 17  here but look forward to all your comments after the show on Thursday cant wait

• Like 2

Hey guys! You didn't seriously think I'd miss the wedding right??  Lol, haven't been here for a while cos I'm so busy with law school and I miss y'all a lot. 

Been reading some of the comments on the wedding episode and how some are disappointed. You have a right to your opinions and feelings of course -but don't forget who we are... We're Shamy shippers, we waited so long for a kiss, for coitus and everything in between. And it happened - i remember people being upset at how the coitus ep. was handled and how the moving in was handled... But eventually it worked out for the best. 

The wedding will happen, the wedding many of us thought would never happen... And therefore we should be excited, we should be happy and enjoy the Shamy... Only one season left right? 

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Riley7 said:

Hey guys! You didn't seriously think I'd miss the wedding right??  Lol, haven't been here for a while cos I'm so busy with law school and I miss y'all a lot. 

The wedding will happen, the wedding many of us thought would never happen... And therefore we should be excited, we should be happy and enjoy the Shamy... Only one season left right? 

I'll miss everybody too when it's all over, which could be this time next year. When the present contracts are up I'm hoping enough of the cast will be enjoying it to agree to carry on  -  so long as the quality keeps up. 

On that note, does American TV do 'specials' for Christmas, Anniversaries etc even when the main series is over ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, veejay said:

I look forward to Kripke's hilarious contribution to the wedding ceremony. 😅

• Like 2

So, I've watched the sneak peak about Amy's mum; that was such a good match, Kathy Bates is so good for the part, she makes me even forget  they recast the roIe, which usually irks me to no end! Amy's mother seems as cIose-minded and fixated on peopIe having sex as we might expect, but she is aIso proud of her daughter; pIus that finaI Iine  "You see, Iarry, those are the peopIe I have to Iive with when you are dead" was delivered in such a funny way!

BTW, we finaIIy know that Amy's father is named Iarry, I wonder what is her mother's name, in the sneak peek it wasn't said!

• Like 6

I have watched the sneak peak too and I agree, the writers really casted a good match for Amy's mum. I still did not like that the  role had to be recasted, but at least from the sneak the character sounded like Amy had told us about her mum all these years, LOL! I like it!

And poor Larry! No surprise because Amy had told more about her mum than about her dad, the guy must not talk much for handle better with his wife, Lol!

Anyway, one of the things I would enjoy to see in S12 was more about Amy's dad and Sheldon: maybe the man loose up a bit as he speak without his wife on the room, LoL! I think if we could see  Sheldon trying to interact his best (or not, lol) with his inlaws may be interisting and surely good material for golden comedy.  

And last but not least , everything seems so cool about Shamy wedding episode! It makes me really happy as they had a nice one without cold feet, drama and especially without that silly supersticion of groom must not see the bride on her dress before the ceremony. Sheldon saw Amy not once but at least twice and that gave him luck to get a breakthru: so so Shamysque, love, love it!! 

Isn't thursday yet? :wub:

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Amy's mother seems as cIose-minded and fixated on peopIe having sex as we might expect, but she is aIso proud of her daughter;

She should get along fine with Sheldon's mom.

• Confused 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1