The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Was there a tag scene. Wasn’t there one discussed in the taping reports?  Did I miss it because I was crying? Or did they run out of time? Iim referring to BBT. Not YS. 

1 minute ago, Shamyyes said:

Was there a tag scene. Wasn’t there one discussed in the taping reports?  Did I miss it because I was crying? Or did they run out of time? Iim referring to BBT. Not YS. 

No, the last scene is them walking out and Barry singing

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, April said:

What was the YS scene??

all you need to know is that it confirmed our babies had their genetically superior babies. It wasn't shown but Sheldon as narrator said it.

• Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1

5 minutes ago, April said:

What was the YS scene??

ys making a relationship agreement for his meemaw ans her boyfriend older sheldon saying he did it for ahis wife and KIDS

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, April said:

What was the YS scene??

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RoRo said:

No, the last scene is them walking out and Barry singing

Thank you.  

• Like 2

Magnificent. Everything was magnificent. I loved it so much. It was funny, sweet and sincere. It did not feel too busy with all the extra cast like i feared it might. I just loved it. Sheldon and Amy are perfect together. I loved the science thrown in there. Mark Hamill was hilarious. And of course the vows. This was everything I hoped for. Even Kripke at the end!

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nusspot said:

The Young Sheldon tag scene almost killed me

We've got TBBT canon there, no matter how few seasons are left. Yay !

33 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TV Line (slideshow)

Amy’s wedding vows

“Sheldon, when I was a little girl, I used to dream about my wedding. But eventually I stopped, because I thought that day would never come. Then I met you. From the first moment in that coffee shop, I knew that there was something special between us — even though I did work on a study that disproves love at first sight… Clearly it was wrong, because I felt something that day, and those feelings have only gotten stronger with time. I can’t imagine loving you more than I do right now, but I felt that way yesterday, and the day before yesterday, and the day before that… Sheldon, I don’t know what the future holds, but I know I’ve never been happier than I am in this moment marrying you.”

Sheldon’s wedding vows

“Amy, I usually know exactly what to say, but in this moment, I have no words. I guess I’m overwhelmed by you — in a good way, not in the elevator in The Haunted Mansion way. Even if I can’t tell you now how I feel, I will spend my life showing you how much I love you.”

Amy made no vow but she did provide the congregation with interesting information. Sheldon made a vow.

Edited by joyceraye
E T A to scream 'Argghhh mergers !'

We've never been told in YS from what age Sheldon is narrating the events he remembers. I've hitherto assumed he was looking back from the present day, ie 2018. Now from the episode shown after his wedding, he first refers to his wife - and then - as I nearly slip off my chair- his children. So from the future we know he and Amy did have more than one. Just because they've always talked about their children didn't mean they'd have them. Now we know they manage it. So I suppose a change of living quarters is on the horizon.

• Like 2

that has to be up there with the one of the best tv weddings I’ve seen. I loved how it was not only really heartwarming and sweet but but also really genuinely funny which is something felt had been missing with a few episodes this season. Also really enjoyed mark hamill and his reaction to the vows was very similar to me watching them at 2am 😂 Looking forward to multiple rewatches over the weekend!  

• Like 6

The vows were perfect, so beautiful and from the heart. I think if this was say a real life wedding that you had been invited to, perhaps not knowing the couple all that well and you had heard vows like that then sure it might have some emotional impact on you but not a massive one. Well in this case it was a massive one because we have all seen those moments and their story over 8 seasons, so yeah I got pretty emotional at the vows part lol.

The casting of Amy's parents was inspired, I really hope we see them again at some point. I wanted to see them before the wedding, but maybe we get to learn more about them next season? I would love to see some Amy centered stories from those.

Hopefully the asymmetry stuff might play a part next season. Would love to see more of Shamy working together again. Not used as a plot device for other stories or themes they want bring up, actual progress on their work together.

Overall the guest stars didn't dominate the proceedings all that much which was most welcome and perhaps some lessons learned by the writers? Naturally when you have all that guest star power you worry that they may take over (I think some don't mind when that happens, me personally I think they should be there to 'enhance' the story or add to it) but clearly they didn't dominate so it was welcome.

Overall pretty good, I have seen some better done tv weddings and seen a hell of a lot worse lol. I see there are reviews all over the place with the point that it should have been a longer episode, I guess I kind of agree with that a little.

On the one hand I personally would have liked to have seen more of the reception, did Sheldon get his sundae bar? What music choice did they go with for the first dance? What cake did they end up with etc.

But then on the other hand a longer episode could have led to guest stars getting more airtime and dominating the proceedings and the story itself.

So it's a tricky one with a lot of unknowns really to say whether a longer episode would have been a better idea or not.

I think overall with the time constraints they have each week they managed to pull it off pretty well actually.

So Season 12 next, possibly the final one. I'll be checking the news over the summer to see if we get news of a new deal or not. But if 12 is the last I hope they go out all guns blazing creatively, this season as a whole in my view hasn't been to the same standard of past or recent seasons so I hope it picks up next season.

Last thing to say, I hope everyone has a fantastic summer and I look forward to 12.1 and discussing it with you all.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1