[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So Season 12 next, possibly the final one. I'll be checking the news over the summer to see if we get news of a new deal or not. But if 12 is the last I hope they go out all guns blazing creatively, this season as a whole in my view hasn't been to the same standard of past or recent seasons so I hope it picks up next season.

In an interview I read HoIIand said he thinks they wiII know  for the second haIf of S 12, which suggests me there might be Iong negotiations, so I'm not hoIding my breath anymore for a quick resolution of the matter during this summer...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe how perfect this episode was. I've never shipped canon before except for one time where there was a lot of drama involved with the couple and the show was so not a sitcom so there was a lot of other...stuff going on so I'm not used to all this good stuff for the couple I ship (not the wedding itself because I don't care about that but the emotional side of things). I'm happy they managed to strike a good balance between Shamy and the huge cast and there was no scene that felt like it didn't have a purpose (saying this because of the size of the script).

I adored the vows - they were emotionally charged and they were beautiful words, and very Shamy since they were intertwined with science. Mark Hamill (sp?) crying over them was the icing on the cake! It was all so great and for once they used Kripke appropriately - very sparingly and in an actually funny way. I loved Teller as Amy's dad (I might have mentioned one or ten times that I want to see him in an episode), especially in that moment when Amy asked him how he is or something like that and he made that movement, he was hilarious and it was obvious they have dad-daughter chemistry. I just wish he would have actually talked to Amy but I remember reading somewhere that Amy's parents will be in Sheldon's life from now on and I think it was hinted that we might see them again? I hope so! Anyway, I really liked Bates too, it was obvious that Amy's mom (do we know her name?) loves her through all her strictness.

Now I'll just wait patiently until a kind soul uploads the Stephen Hawking scene.

ETA: OMG the YS scene! Children confirmed! 😄

ETA2: She wore the tiara! (I'll stop now)

Edited by Judith

31 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

In an interview I read HoIIand said he thinks they wiII know  for the second haIf of S 12, which suggests me there might be Iong negotiations, so I'm not hoIding my breath anymore for a quick resolution of the matter during this summer...

Yeah I expect that will be the case. Would be nice if we get news of a new deal sooner rather than later, but I expect it will take time.

I thought the episode was absolutely perfect! Pity about some scenes not making it into the final cut, though.

I love so many things about it I don't even know where to start.

- The opening was fun - I love it when they show the girls have picked up some nerdy stuff over the years. haha

- The balance of wedding business vs. guest stars worked incredibly well. I felt they did enhance the story instead of taking the spotlight away from Shamy. Well done!

- Loved how the families meeting turned out. The Cooper kids were fun, Mary was a hoot as always, Amy's parents were cast perfectly! My favourite part is probably the Amy/Missy hug cause after having a rough start with Mary (even though that was just pretend but still) and Meemaw it's nice to see 3rd time being the charm here and Amy getting some love.

- Sheldon's scenes with Leonard and Mary were just absolutely lovely.

- Shamy doing science was perfect for their wedding day. I also love how Leonard got involved as well. lol

- Thank god for Penny to save the day. Her shutting up Amy's mom was great. Mary's slow clap had me howling! AHAHAHa

- The vows were so wonderful. I kinda feared they might come off as too cheesy but the way they were performed with all those little interruptions like Sheldon wanting to graph out Amy's growing love for him was what made it all very IC and fitting.

- In general I loved how the episode was stuffed full with nerdy references and science.

- OMG THEY ARE MARRIED NOW ASDFDJAGJAGJAJKJAJHAHAHF!!!!!111

All in all, well done, writers! A+++

Jennywoo.gif.c917903d2e5dc5b3d294edd260061e48.gif

42 minutes ago, April said:

- OMG THEY ARE MARRIED NOW ASDFDJAGJAGJAJKJAJHAHAHF!!!!!111

Dayum, reading that sentence made everything so darn real to me and I had to just pause and stare at it for a moment. I can't believe they're married. I just can't. I don't think I'm ever gonna get over them being Married! To each other. Like they're gonna be husband and wife. And it's gonna last...

unnamed (6).gif

Edited by SpoonMouse

I loved the episode very much! It was really well balanced between comedy, sweetness and romantic stuff. Jim and Maym were fabulous in character and the way they performed the happiness Sheldon and Amy felt in their special day was really spot on!

The cast was really inspired and the way the interactions happened did not overshadow Shamy , my biggest fear about this huge amount of guests.

There are lots of things I surely will find proper words to talk about later as I my heart calm down a bit, I am truly and excitedly happy for our Shamy be now husband and wife. <3

A few things I loved so much:

Chemestry between Amy and her dad. I hope we may seee more of that in future

Penny defending Sheldon love for his Amy to Amy's mum. Penny kicked her ass in such perfect way!

Shelnard hug. My first of three emotional moments I had to use a kleenex

Howard's idea of Mark Hamill replace Will as oficciant. It was a very nice and warm idea from a friend /fan to another friend fan of SW, lol!

Laughed hard as Sheldon tried to say Mark last name! So spot on!!1

Hamill mirrored Shamy fans emotions as those fabulous vows were said to the world! :wub:

Loved so much Sheldon determination to get marry Amy. No cold feet, no doubts , no hesitations. As I expected he one day would do!

Mary and Sheldon moment. I had to clean my tears again!

Shamy and the Science breakthrough at their wedding day!: Priceless! :wub:

Those vows , just wow! My heart was exploding of happiness  and proud. I think I will try later to talk more about this. For now, my eyes are tearing again and I need to go back to work!

Kripke singing at the tag: hilarious but no too much creepy! Loved it!

And now I am ready for whatever S12 holds for our Shamy. Cheers!

Edited by spidergirl

I've seen a lot of comments on social media saying this episode was too short, they should make it two episodes.  After watching it myself, I wholeheartedly agree. Some meaningful parts got cut, like the Hawking tag, sigh.

On the positive note, Amy's parents, Mark Hamill all played their parts perfectly, I love Amy's Dad's "fear his wife" vibe, Amy's Mom's "crazyness", and Mark Hamill nailed his every scene. 

I also love that the "Superasymmetry" plot was throughout the whole episode, not just in one scene. First, Amy saying it to Sheldon when he was tying his bow-tie, then Sheldon still was thinking about it when they all talked together in 4A, then he had a breakthrough, he went to Amy, when Amy told Penny "Sheldon had a breakthrough", he even corrected Amy, saying "actually, Amy and I had a breakthrough", knowing Sheldon, that was something. I love it. 

And the vows, I love it being "specific about Shamy", that is you have to know their story, their journey all these years, then you can understand its true beauty. 

Amy mentioned the coffee shop, "love at first sight" study, if you rewatch 3X23, you can see they both were nervous and checked out each other, twice. Sheldon saying "I'm overwhelmed by you, in a good way, not in the elevator in The Haunted Mansion way", which reminds me his "heartworm speech" from 9X10, "you are my heartworm, the metaphorical kind, not the poodle killing kind." 

And, the last, Kripke singing...I LOLed like a crazy person. 

I love this episode, I just wish it longer, really. 

Hello!

I have already wathched the season finale for 4 times 😍 I cried 4 times aswell.

Amy's vow vas more than perfect, of course both were stunning but good lord just give Mayim an EMMY! She was incredible.

Also Berry at the end LOL 😀

But i missed the Hawking part so much... also I wanted to see Sheldon's ring in that scene.

But hopefully we will have some extra secenes? Right?

20 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

And, the last, Kripke singing...I LOLed like a crazy person. 

I love this episode, I just wish it longer, really. 

You said it! 😂

kri_020.gif.950339c0666b4f3cf6ca368e9524c4bd.gif

..and not irritating at all.

kri_021.gif.18c9ddb43e4729576ac30cdeadada55d.gif

Has this been posted, yet?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-11-finale-explained-sheldons-scientific-discovery-stephen-hawking-tribute-1109270

Let's talk about Amy and Sheldon's "super asymmetry" discovery.

Early on this season, knowing we were building to the wedding, I had this thought about Sheldon's breakthrough. I called our science consultant Dr. David Saltzberg and said that we wanted to have Sheldon to have a big breakthrough at the end of the season, something that could eventually be maybe be prize-winning or game-changing — and it had to feel like something real that no one has discovered before. We've been laying in Sheldon's work on string theory and Saltzberg was tying it into one of Stephen Hawking's theories posing if any information can escape a black hole, creating an information paradox regarding black holes. And he thought those two things could tie together. Saltzberg said super symmetry is an actual thing but no one has ever talked about super asymmetry. There are no papers that mention it, which is a line that we put in the script for Leonard. David was on set during the finale taping and wrote all the equations on the mirror to make sure the science was right.

Is that an actual discovery or is this all made up for TV?

It's all theoretical. Conceptually, it is an interesting theory that no one has talked about before. Now does that mean it's a true theory, that's probably hard to say.

How will that discovery play into season 12?

That's going to be a nice arc for us going into season 12. We've talked for years about how smart Sheldon is and we've seen it some too but it was important for us to give him a big win and actually show that he is as smart as we've said he is all this time. That is going to be a fun and interesting story to play with, especially with him and Amy doing this as a team and married couple.

Posting the whole thing for context but the last sentence is the important part:  Sheldon and Amy doing this as a team and married couple.

YESSSSSS!!!!

3 minutes ago, April said:

Posting the whole thing for context but the last sentence is the important part:  Sheldon and Amy doing this as a team and married couple.

YESSSSSS!!!!

OMG! Yasssss! Nobel for the brilliant couple!

I’m gonna throw this out there just incase it’s read by tptb.......

Absolute perfection!!!

Could we please get the uncut version (all 60+ pages) on the season 11DVD?  Pretty please!

Yes to more of Amy’s parents in season 12.

And an onscreen tickle fight between Shamy that leads to the bedroom perhaps.....😉

Well i don't post this discussion thread as Shamy aren't my thing, however I am happy for you guys that you got to see them get married. Also you're going to get at least a season of them being married on the show before it ends. Oh and Amy's vows where wonderful.

Totally didn’t expect it (I’m kinda indifferent to weddings) but I cried for like half the episode!

Not just because of Shamy but because of how everybody was supporting them and caring about them and how touched Mary or Leonard were and how protective Penny was, perfect!

And the vows, and the tiara

just sad they’ve had to cut my fav Georgie/Missy moment (seriously, it was like 5 seconds! Would it be that big a deal to leave it ?! 😕 ) , but at least hope tmw we’re gonna see Stephen Hawking tag...

2 hours ago, veejay said:

You said it! 😂

kri_020.gif.950339c0666b4f3cf6ca368e9524c4bd.gif

..and not irritating at all.

kri_021.gif.18c9ddb43e4729576ac30cdeadada55d.gif

Wove is wike  a song...

Look at Kripke style, his emotion as he sung that quote and the weird Shamy looks at him: Priceless! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl

This was absolute perfection for me. The guest stars were not overused and had lines at just the right moment. I loved every minute of this episode.

I have not looked forward to a wedding on television as much as I waited for this one and they did not disappoint me in any way.

I was worried the vows would be overly cheesy but I cried like a baby when Amy said hers. And Sheldon being at a loss for words was just too much. He always has something to say and then couldn't even get out his thoughts.

And then YS with the tag made me scream out loud....children! He said children(plural not just 1) OMG....I love it.

vows 2.gif

meeting.gif

@luminous shared in DT the SH wedding gift to Shamy clip and it is absolutely sweet!

Loved the homage to SW , it was a beautiful moment, it was a pity it was not included in the episode.

You have to notice Shamy wedding bands, it is so cool to see them final wearing them! And they are so sweet to each other, they held so much happiness in their eyes :wub:

I am just in absolute awe! :icon_biggrin:

Edited by spidergirl

3 hours ago, April said:

That's going to be a nice arc for us going into season 12. We've talked for years about how smart Sheldon is and we've seen it some too but it was important for us to give him a big win and actually show that he is as smart as we've said he is all this time. That is going to be a fun and interesting story to play with, especially with him and Amy doing this as a team and married couple.

FINALLY!!!!!! The man has been put through professional hell for much of the show's life. I mean, it goes back as far as season 1 with that Asian wunderkind. I'm sooooo glad he'll have a professional win after a long time. And the fact that Amy was the one behind it, is just the icing on the cake. And I hope it leads to a joint Nobel down the line. Who would have thought the psychic's prediction would actually come true?

3 hours ago, April said:

YESSSSSS!!!!

Do you want me to start crying again?!?!?! I mean, is that what you want?! 

Edited by SpoonMouse

11 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

Who would have thought the psychic's prediction would actually come true?

I always hoped the writers were keeping that in their back pocket for after he really committed the o Amy. 

52 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

@luminous shared in DT the SH wedding gift to Shamy clip and it is absolutely sweet!

Loved the homage to SW , it was a beautiful moment, it was a pity it was not included in the episode.

You have to notice Shamy wedding bands, it is so cool to see them final wearing them! And they are so sweet to each other, they held so much happiness in their eyes :wub:

I am just in absolute awe! :icon_biggrin:

Indeed!

And lol I was like Sheldon there for a moment; got the chills when I saw them wearing their wedding bands. And the way they leaned into each other at the end there...damn how I wish this scene wasn't cut. An hour-long episode would have given them more time for moments like this, but it also would have introduced more time for screw-ups or the possibility of the writers giving in to the pressure to provide more airtime to the guest stars. So I'm glad in many ways it was just a 21 minute affair.

Oh and does this mean we won't get to see their reception in the Season 12 premiere? Cos I was really looking forward to seeing their first dance and more of their families.

4 hours ago, April said:

Has this been posted, yet?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-11-finale-explained-sheldons-scientific-discovery-stephen-hawking-tribute-1109270

Let's talk about Amy and Sheldon's "super asymmetry" discovery.

Early on this season, knowing we were building to the wedding, I had this thought about Sheldon's breakthrough. I called our science consultant Dr. David Saltzberg and said that we wanted to have Sheldon to have a big breakthrough at the end of the season, something that could eventually be maybe be prize-winning or game-changing — and it had to feel like something real that no one has discovered before. We've been laying in Sheldon's work on string theory and Saltzberg was tying it into one of Stephen Hawking's theories posing if any information can escape a black hole, creating an information paradox regarding black holes. And he thought those two things could tie together. Saltzberg said super symmetry is an actual thing but no one has ever talked about super asymmetry. There are no papers that mention it, which is a line that we put in the script for Leonard. David was on set during the finale taping and wrote all the equations on the mirror to make sure the science was right.

Is that an actual discovery or is this all made up for TV?

It's all theoretical. Conceptually, it is an interesting theory that no one has talked about before. Now does that mean it's a true theory, that's probably hard to say.

YESSSSSS!!!!

I will say more on the episode later because there's so much I loved, but I just wanted to quote this and say:

I LOVE YOU STEVE HOLLAND! YOU BEAUTIFUL NERD! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR 8 YEARS!!!!