Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I don't think he can soften it too much considering he was a philanderer and a drunk causing his mother a lot of heartbreak. The picture painted of his father over 11 years of TBBT and the other show are different to the point that it is clearly noticeable, but that could be excused by the fact it hasn't come to that point in his life on the young show.

Without the younger show we would still be getting a lot of disparaging comments about his father and IMO you would not have seen that heartfelt moment with Mary at the wedding at all, not about his dad anyway. Often people have recency bias when it comes to thinking about past events, the stronger picture you remember is the more recent one, so it can't be all good on TBBT from now on when Sheldon remembers his dad,

There are some things that child eyes can misinterpret or get the wrong end of the tick so to speak, not George the drunken cheat caught 'in flagrante delicto' with another woman. It's not like George senior fell into another woman and accidentally got stuck and that's what happened which led to Sheldon misunderstanding,

Yes, I agree, that the one thing that can't be misinterpreted; which makes me ask, when the episode about the reason why SheIdon knocks three times aired, they were aIready in taIks for YS, so  why did the writers decide to go there? That piece of information for sure didn't do any good to George Sr's characterization; there had been other instances in earlier seasons when his infidelities and drinking problems were mentioned, but that was the most unsettIing thing said about him, and it happened in the period  when  a "nicer" version of him was created. I wonder what are the writers' pIans about it; maybe they won't have time to develop that time in SheIdon's Iife, that's true, but TBBT has been airing for 11 seasons and counting, so you'II never know.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I think it should be going on forward on TBBT is that Sheldon needs to have memories both good and bad about his father going forward because that to me is the more realistic and accurate portrayal here.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finaly watched season finale of YS and I would like to add my thoughts here as they are somehow connected to Adult Sheldon and Amy. 

I think it was cute the way the YS season finale was in sync with Shamy wedding. I watch Ys but tbh I enjoy it but not love it as I do about tbbt for the canon things that have been "adapted"for both shows sake. Some facts makes sense as a child has a different way to understand some things than adults do but some are too forced. For example, in tbbt season finale when Sheldon  said he missed his father imo it was not necessay as it sounded out of box. But I think I may get used to these "adaptations" because Tbbt has a few inconsistences too we got used through all these years. So carry on.

So I always wondered if the ys narrator Sheldon was an already father Sheldon and in light of that , most of the canon "adaptations" would make more  sense, you know. We got that detail in YS season finale and I think it was the puzzle piece I was seeking since first episode for understand the way George sr is being portraited. A person got a softer way to see some things when a child come to their lives, whoever they are sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, etc.

However I hope the facts womanizer and drunker George won't be too much "soften" in next seasons of both shows. It would be a bad move and certainly the writers may keep these facts about Sheldon 's father as nobody is perfect  and must not get perfect because he died and now Sheldon is a father. Really hope they find a nice move for that as they found as they revealed the YS narrator is a married and father Sheldon.

Anyway, I could not comment about our Shamy having  children ( plural, it sounds so good!!) without watching YS season finale first. I loved to know that and even we might not see Shamy children on tbbt, we know they will exist!! Even I still keep my hope of see a glimpse of them in last episode of tbbt though. :)

And last but not least... hearing Sheldon say "my wife" on YS was so sweet. Can not wait for he say it in S12! ❤️

 

Edited by spidergirl
Grammar
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'd hoped we'd focus a bit more on the TBBT aspect here and less on how the dad is portrayed in YS cause the show only has one season so far and we don't know what (darker) places they might still go to. So far there's still room to make all the bad things happen Sheldon mentioned. On TBBT Molaro himself emphasised George was an adulterer so I don't think he'll completely forget that for YS. Time will tell.

What I do like about the interview is really the prospect of Sheldon continuing to improve his understanding of relationships going even so far as revaluating the past and seeing another perspective. We've seen a bit of that with Georgie recently and I really loved how they handled that. Sheldon is someone who can hold a grudge for ages so I can totally see him having a negative images of certain people that ~wronged him~ at some point totally blocking out any positives. He did so with his brother and that changed when Georgie finally laid down some truths. I can totally see Sheldon having second thoughts about his dad as well, hence the moment with Mary before the wedding. It's totally believable to me and I'd love to see the show go forward with that, even though we may never reach the point when future Sheldon narrates the stories from YS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what would happen to YS when Sheldon turns 11. He's already 9, and I wonder if the writers will be willing to do an 180 on George around S3 or S4. They could attempt to put it off till even S5 or S6, but Iain would look a whole lot mature by then, and make it seem highly unrealistic.

I always felt the show should have started telling Sheldon's story earlier, as they could have had more time for showing George's downward spiral. I'm not sure many people would want to stick around and watch George become a cheating drunk, or Mary become a religious nut. Watching George and Mary being all sweet and flirty, seriously breaks my heart as we all know how they'd end up in the end. That scene with Meemaw and Mary in the finale where they're talking about Pop-Pop and how difficult it was from her to move on was painful to watch.

Edited by SpoonMouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I don't think he can soften it too much considering he was a philanderer and a drunk causing his mother a lot of heartbreak. The picture painted of his father over 11 years of TBBT and the other show are different to the point that it is clearly noticeable, but that could be excused by the fact it hasn't come to that point in his life on the young show.

Yes, I think that is where they are going. Everything depends, I think, on how long YS runs. But I think it's going to affect what Sheldon said on TBBT more and more.

 

2 hours ago, SpoonMouse said:

I always felt the show should have started telling Sheldon's story earlier, as they could have had more time for showing George's downward spiral. I'm not sure many people would want to stick around and watch George become a cheating drunk, or Mary become a religious nut. Watching George and Mary being all sweet and flirty, seriously breaks my heart as we all know how they'd end up in the end.

Or we think we do. They may well tell us Sheldon was not seeing things correctly all along. They already set up for this at the wedding.

 

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, I agree, that the one thing that can't be misinterpreted; which makes me ask, when the episode about the reason why SheIdon knocks three times aired, they were aIready in taIks for YS, so  why did the writers decide to go there?

I never knew why they went there in the first place since Sheldon didn't start out doing that. It didn't happen from ep one and continue on. It just appeared one day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2018 at 10:59 PM, Jedichic98 said:

During the vows, I loved the bit about Amy's study disproving love at first sight. Because it's in character and we know Sheldon read it and loved it. Just imagine, after they met, Sheldon looks into her work to learn more about her, and the seeds of his affection being planted. Texting each other discussing it. loved their season 3/4 early romance. 

I liked the early months of the Shamy friendship, their relationship of the mind that made no other demands, their denial that romantic love even existed,let alone that it could ever involve either of them. It was Sheldon's feelings for Amy that were noticeable first, but it was Amy who was open about hers, once they began. 

I had mixed feelings about Sheldon's 'Will you be my girlfriend?' in the cinema. On the one hand I thought, 'Oh no. Not this old chestnut, the cliche of the platonic friends falling for each other' and on the other 'Told ya ! I saw this coming !'. 10% disappointment, 90% smugness and anticipation of a lorra lorra laughs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed 11X24 thoroughly, but after I watched these TWO unaired clips, I wish they could make the wedding episode a 40 minutes special finale. Really. 

Now, compare to these two scenes, and other plots which didn't make it into 11X24, the pink-eye plot from 11X23 seems like a huge waste of time, IMO. 

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

I enjoyed 11X24 thoroughly, but after I watched these TWO unaired clips, I wish they could make the wedding episode a 40 minutes special finale. Really. 

Now, compare to these two scenes, and other plots which didn't make it into 11X24, the pink-eye plot from 11X23 seems like a huge waste of time, IMO. 

Yeah, the onIy complaint I have read on-line about the finaIe, and I've read that IiteraIIy everywhere, not just in fan sites, aIso in reviews or recaps, was that it shouId have been a double episode; there are so many cut scenes that were worth watching! Two back-to-back episodes wouId have been wonderful, maybe they couId have saved one new episode in a not sweep period for this occasion.  I don't watch that show, but apparentIy Mom season finaIe that same day was a double episode. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yeah, the onIy complaint I have read on-line about the finaIe, and I've read that IiteraIIy everywhere, not just in fan sites, aIso in reviews or recaps, was that it shouId have been a double episode; there are so many cut scenes that were worth watching! Two back-to-back episodes wouId have been wonderful, maybe they couId have saved one new episode in a not sweep period for this occasion.  I don't watch that show, but apparentIy Mom season finaIe that same day was a double episode. 

I've been watching Mom, and ironically, Mom had two "separated" episodes, and the plots were separated too, as in they could make the two episodes in two weeks, easily. 

So, now, I'm really pissed. UGH.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yeah, the onIy complaint I have read on-line about the finaIe, and I've read that IiteraIIy everywhere, not just in fan sites, aIso in reviews or recaps, was that it shouId have been a double episode; there are so many cut scenes that were worth watching! Two back-to-back episodes wouId have been wonderful, maybe they couId have saved one new episode in a not sweep period for this occasion.  I don't watch that show, but apparentIy Mom season finaIe that same day was a double episode. 

Maybe we get some flasback scenes in one episode from s12 that makes sense to remember some events related with the wedding. There are a few things that would be great if we got a glimpse, even in a quick flasback. My expectations are not high but I keep them, as we had a few  old flashback scenes for the britcoin plot.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, April said:

Aww!

I wish we could have seen the look on everyone's faces when they played that voicemail. Now I'm really disappointed that this wasn't a 40 minute episode. 😞 All I can do is hope the Amy, Penny and Bernadette bridal suite scene is released too. And that the DVD would include the entire episode too.

  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

I wish we could have seen the look on everyone's faces when they played that voicemail. Now I'm really disappointed that this wasn't a 40 minute episode. 😞 All I can do is hope the Amy, Penny and Bernadette bridal suite scene is released too. And that the DVD would include the entire episode too.

I want to watch that scene too, expeciaIIy the part where Amy taIks with her mother!!!

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I want to watch that scene too, expeciaIIy the part where Amy taIks with her mother!!!

Looks like she wasn't the least bit fooled by their S4 Skype conversation after all. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

Looks like she wasn't the least bit fooled by their S4 Skype conversation after all. 😂

I guess the writers forgot everything about that Skype caII, actress pIaying Amy's mum incIuded:cheese:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, amethyst said:

I hope you'll all bear with me a moment because I'm about to get personal but it does relate to what Sheldon says about his dad to Mary before the wedding.

My dad walked out on my mom, my sister and me when I was 3 years old. He had no contact with us at all, not even a birthday or Christmas card. Then we reconnected when I was a young adult and visited occasionally. He also got to meet my own two children but nothing was ever going to make up for growing up without a dad and, if I'm honest, I never really forgave him for that. Despite this it was nice that he was back in my life. Then he passed away suddenly of a heart attack just after his 60th birthday ( that was over 20 years ago ) and, despite everything, I miss him.

Anyway....my point is that I can totally understand when Sheldon says that he misses his dad despite knowing what he did in the past.

Thanks for your sharing in such a personal info of your life. A virtual hug to you for your courage for sharing it with us. 

 I think if I had seen more about Sheldon 's thoughts about his dad before he confessed to his mum he missed him in such important day for Sheldon, it would have seemed me more organic. I know we are in fictional field but that was the reason I thought his confession sounded a bit out of box. I must make clear I dont doubt Sheldon  's love for his dad , I just wished his feelings had been more shown on show when YS was released for we had more background. I hope I made sense.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2018 at 11:37 AM, spidergirl said:

Shamy goodness crying front unit!!

 

I loved so much that moment! Shamy shipper Penny is the best! :)

Btw, there is something that made me laughed hard: the "park it" part. Because when I hear park it always think of a car, LOL! Weird things on a head of a non native! :icon_cheesygrin:

I loved it! Penny is a #Shamy warrior and she make us all proud! 😍

4 hours ago, SpoonMouse said:

I wish we could have seen the look on everyone's faces when they played that voicemail. Now I'm really disappointed that this wasn't a 40 minute episode. 😞 All I can do is hope the Amy, Penny and Bernadette bridal suite scene is released too. And that the DVD would include the entire episode too.

The finale should've had one hour for sure! This moment and plus the Stephen Hawking present scene would be the perfect final moment for the episode to end! I still cant believe they cut that scene...

On 5/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I'm a huge FwF fan and really hope we get an episode next season. Missed this in season 11.

I miss Fun with Flags so much! I watched this video before more than a thousand times..<3 I like that they mentioned 'Fun with Flags' in the S11 finale..

On 5/12/2018 at 3:46 AM, spidergirl said:

"Sheldon had a breakthrough!"

"Actually, Amy and I had a breakthrough."

It used to be huge for Sheldon admit  he shared something with someone and now it comes so naturally: he shares everything with Amy, Science credit include! He learned to be happy and sharing happiness with Amy. There have been lots of amazing love stories from tv shows but Shamy love story will be unforgetable and always inspiring. 

Dr Fowler and Dr Cooper, wishing you both all happiness in this new page of your lives. And may we fans see a few nice glimpses  from your future as married couple!

 

cbf92465-18c6-43da-8fe1-f61c0a156e3d.gif.c7c5df9737ff6e1c9f3a65e6391f568e.gif

Ps: Writers, come on, where is my Sheldon cuddling Amy scene? Will be in a cold open from S12? It would be so , so cool! ❤️

 

 

 

sheldon.gif

Edited by shamytbbt
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, amethyst said:

I hope you'll all bear with me a moment because I'm about to get personal but it does relate to what Sheldon says about his dad to Mary before the wedding.

My dad walked out on my mom, my sister and me when I was 3 years old. He had no contact with us at all, not even a birthday or Christmas card. Then we reconnected when I was a young adult and visited occasionally. He also got to meet my own two children but nothing was ever going to make up for growing up without a dad and, if I'm honest, I never really forgave him for that. Despite this it was nice that he was back in my life. Then he passed away suddenly of a heart attack just after his 60th birthday ( that was over 20 years ago ) and, despite everything, I miss him.

Anyway....my point is that I can totally understand when Sheldon says that he misses his dad despite knowing what he did in the past.

I get this totally. My dad was an alcoholic and when he was drunk he could be physically abusive to my mother and brother and sexually abusive to me. He was like Jekyll and Hyde depending on if he was drunk or sober.  He died horribly and after he was gone, I didn't want to just remember all the bad stuff. I found happier moments to hang on to. I do miss him at certain times of the year and came to terms with him at least thirty years ago. There's no rancor left. 

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I get this totally. My dad was an alcoholic and when he was drunk he could be physically abusive to my mother and brother and sexually abusive to me. He was like Jekyll and Hyde depending on if he was drunk or sober.  He died horribly and after he was gone, I didn't want to just remember all the bad stuff. I found happier moments to hang on to. I do miss him at certain times of the year and came to terms with him at least thirty years ago. There's no rancor left. 

I don't have an inkling as to what ya'll went through growing up. I can sympathize with you but no way know the depths of your pain. I was very lucky. My father was the perfect father. He loved my mom, sister and me. With that said, he believed in discipline. When my sister or me did wrong, we were taught the old fashioned way to do better. He believed in the phrase from the bible "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child". He definitely did not spare that rod (Hickory Switch).

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Jedichic98 said:

During the vows, I loved the bit about Amy's study disproving love at first sight. Because it's in character and we know Sheldon read it and loved it. Just imagine, after they met, Sheldon looks into her work to learn more about her, and the seeds of his affection being planted. Texting each other discussing it. loved their season 3/4 early romance. 

I've posted this before, but this is when I knew he cared for her (Pulled Groin):

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.