The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Watching their relationship grow in front of my eyes all these years has to be one of the most incredible and amazing feelings for me. Their development, their commitment with each other, their love. Shamy has inspired us all and I can only be thankful for all this and their story. ❤

20180514_211329.png

• Like 6

12 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I enjoyed 11X24 thoroughly, but after I watched these TWO unaired clips, I wish they could make the wedding episode a 40 minutes special finale. Really. 

Now, compare to these two scenes, and other plots which didn't make it into 11X24, the pink-eye plot from 11X23 seems like a huge waste of time, IMO. 

Can you tell me we’re you found the other written scenes not the two unaired clips

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

Can you tell me we’re you found the other written scenes not the two unaired clips

There are a coupIe of Taping Reports in the Discussion thread that described those scenes, they were taped in front of the Iive audience but subsequentIy edited

• Like 1

Been rewatching those scenes again with Amy's parents in them and they are so good and funny. Please bring them back again at some point! 

tumblr_p8oux7ZbnK1qbwtexo3_400.gif.0ca8b2232430c390e037b3bd6136c068.giftumblr_p8oux7ZbnK1qbwtexo4_400.gif.1ebd14202e56095bab2b00bb7a20ae06.gif

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, chucky said:

He believed in the phrase from the bible "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child". He definitely did not spare that rod (Hickory Switch).

See, my dad, in spite of everything else, was not that way. My mom was the one who believed in that. She would tell him to spank me and he wouldn't. We used to go into my room, he'd take off his belt, snap it on the side of the bed and tell me to scream. I often wonder if Sheldon's tough guy dad or religious mom was the disciplinarian in that house of if no one did it.

5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

See, my dad, in spite of everything else, was not that way. My mom was the one who believed in that. She would tell him to spank me and he wouldn't. We used to go into my room, he'd take off his belt, snap it on the side of the bed and tell me to scream. I often wonder if Sheldon's tough guy dad or religious mom was the disciplinarian in that house of if no one did it.

Well, truth be told, Mom could swing a mean belt as well. Dad preferred Hickory Switches as they left a more lasting impression.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Been rewatching those scenes again with Amy's parents in them and they are so good and funny. Please bring them back again at some point! 

tumblr_p8oux7ZbnK1qbwtexo3_400.gif.0ca8b2232430c390e037b3bd6136c068.giftumblr_p8oux7ZbnK1qbwtexo4_400.gif.1ebd14202e56095bab2b00bb7a20ae06.gif

Amy 's dad killed me for the laughs I got, LOL! Really hope we can see them again, even just by a few flashbacks from the wedding day! * fingers crossed*

Carrying on Shamy bliss, I just found this gif in Tumblr and I had to post it here:

ee38be2f-7d18-403e-9f88-4a5015004ba5.gif.a9f5d40bf8cb08e922863df5bf24803f.gif

This quote gave me chills! The guy who did not like children....mention the upcoming he and Amy would have so naturally. Let me fangirl a bit, hehe! ❤️

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

AIways worth posting!

Rewatched an embarassing number of times by now! ❤️

I love both vows so much! Amy's was an intense remembering journey of why Shamy was meant to be since first meeting; Sheldon was an intense reminding why Shamy is a forever bonding and how they don't need too much words to explain why they love each other and always will. Gosh I have  to rewatch it again later! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

ee38be2f-7d18-403e-9f88-4a5015004ba5.gif.a9f5d40bf8cb08e922863df5bf24803f.gif

This quote gave me chills! The guy who did not like children....mention the upcoming he and Amy would have so naturally. Let me fangirl a bit, hehe! ❤️

Me, too!

Have they decided now if it’s going to be 2 or 15? :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In only a 21 minutes episode it was obvious that:

Both her parents love Amy a lot and are immensely proud of her. Her mother is one of those overprotective ones (my late mother was like that with me in some aspects, but I was a bit different) but that's because she loves her daughter very much. Maybe the fact Amy is an only child might be the reason for that, you sometimes see parents being overprotective if they have just the one and you never know they may have had difficulty having children/conceiving and they got lucky with Amy?

Her dad seems like a right old character (British term, not about age) lol. Amy knows how overprotective and sometimes overbearing her mother is and how that personality/behaviour shifts to her dad (Mrs Fowler's husband) as well. I can imagine Amy and her dad having conversations about it, obviously he was hilarious because he is Teller but I hope if he does come back on the show that they go/continue with that personality. Have him be this fun dad that Amy clearly looks up to, her mother being the stricter one but they both love their daughter, they just show it in different ways.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

Me, too!

I've always wanted them to have four. A boy, twin girls and another boy. That was Chandler's wish and since he and Monica didn't get to have them, I've always wanted my other favourite OTP to make that dream a reality. ❤️

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

Me, too!

Might it depend on how many sessons we will have after S12? :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

In only a 21 minutes episode it was obvious that:

Both her parents love Amy a lot and are immensely proud of her. Her mother is one of those overprotective ones (my late mother was like that with me in some aspects, but I was a bit different) but that's because she loves her daughter very much. Maybe the fact Amy is an only child might be the reason for that, you sometimes see parents being overprotective if they have just the one and you never know they may have had difficulty having children/conceiving and they got lucky with Amy?

Her dad seems like a right old character lol. Amy knows how overprotective and sometimes overbearing her mother is and how that personality/behaviour shifts to her dad (Mrs Fowler's husband) as well. I can imagine Amy and her dad having conversations about it, obviously, he was hilarious because he is Teller but I hope if he does come back on the show that they go/continue with that personality. Have him be this fun dad that Amy clearly looks up to, her mother being the stricter one but they both love their daughter, they just show it in different ways.

Hear hear! And I found it hilarious how we learned his first name, when something as basic as his existence was brought into the show only in S10, whereas we still don't know the name of Amy's mother, even though we've been hearing so much about her ever since Amy's first scene on the show (heck, it was the reason she and Sheldon met in the first place) and even SEEN her on-screen.

Still waiting for that bridal suite scene, CBS!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

I've always wanted them to have four. A boy, twin girls and another boy. That was Chandler's wish and since he and Monica didn't get to have them, I've always wanted my other favourite OTP to make that dream a reality. ❤️

I kind of picture them to have triplets with two identical mini-version Sheldon’s 😉 and a little girl. They will discover this on their honeymoon (so very early) and they will arrive early so a lot of stress for Amy. Something to manage for them.

But the two boys will inherit Amy’s style while looking identical but being very different people and the little girl will be very similar to Sheldon.

*** end of fangirlpost 😉 ***

And we all of course remember that all 2, 3, 4 or 15 of them will have to be named Rajesh, right ?

:sarcastic:

• Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Silver1984 said:

I kind of picture them to have triplets with two identical mini-version Sheldon’s 😉 and a little girl.

I picture them having a boy and a girl, and naming them Pierre and Marie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I picture them having a boy and a girl, and naming them Pierre and Marie.

in my fanfictions (which with them i made ALOT of them) in my first one i made they had twins one named after Stephen hawking and one named after Rachel Carson their middles names were Richard and Marie Cooper-Fowler and Howard and Bernie's daughter name was Penelope and Lenny's was Amelia thanks to @BigBangEnthusiast

Edited by shamyarmy2016
made a mistake
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if someone can give a summary or direct me to the page number/thread where the deleted bridal room scene was discussed. I tried finding it myself, but there's a lot of content. Any help is appreciated!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if someone can give a summary or direct me to the page number/thread where the deleted bridal room scene was discussed. I tried finding it myself, but there's a lot of content. Any help is appreciated!

It's in the DT, no idea what page number

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It's in the DT, no idea what page number

Thanks @mirs1. I'll have to do more searching when I have time. I've been curious since I first heard about it and now even more so, after receiving a prompt for a fic. I always try to be as accurate as possible in my stories.

• Like 2

For them, I like the name “Leah” for a girl to pay homage of their first names in a similar way.  Sheldon + Amy = Shamy

Lee + Farrah = Leah 

Edited by Kathy2611
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

For them, I like the name “Leah” for a girl to pay homage of their first names in a similar way.  Sheldon + Amy = Shamy

Lee + Farrah = Leah 

That's the name of Shamy's daughter in The Sin Closet Diaries, a superb fanfic.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 12:25 AM, Jonny said:

The way I think it should be going on forward on TBBT is that Sheldon needs to have memories both good and bad about his father going forward because that to me is the more realistic and accurate portrayal here.

I agree. Everyone including parents are flawed and it’s okay to portray that. We have absolutely no idea why the dad became the way he is and what the backstory to it all might be. YS will probably never explore it either, too dark of a turn in my opinion.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Might it depend on how many sessons we will have after S12? :icon_cheesygrin:

Still rooting for the 300 episodes mark. 👏

• Like 4