[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminder: This thread only allows positive discussion about Shamy. If you don't dig the Shamy:  

Time flies when we have fun, it is a universal truth. On 24 th Aug 2016 I made my first post in this forum and it has been a joy to share all my fan love for shamy and for tbbt with you all. Thank you

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

@Burberry  &  @BigBangEnthusiast

I went to find the TRs of 11X24, and read them again. LOL.

TR No.1, Courtesy of @brilliantfool, thank you again!

TR No.2, Courtesy of @lam156, thank you again!

Thank you so much, @KripkeRules! I'm spoiler-free, so it's nice to see the reports after the episode. 

No additional information on the deleted bridal suite scene, so I will concoct my own scenario if it isn't released.

Thank you again 😀

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Jonny said:

In only a 21 minutes episode it was obvious that:

Both her parents love Amy a lot and are immensely proud of her. Her mother is one of those overprotective ones (my late mother was like that with me in some aspects, but I was a bit different) but that's because she loves her daughter very much. Maybe the fact Amy is an only child might be the reason for that, you sometimes see parents being overprotective if they have just the one and you never know they may have had difficulty having children/conceiving and they got lucky with Amy?

Her dad seems like a right old character (British term, not about age) lol. Amy knows how overprotective and sometimes overbearing her mother is and how that personality/behaviour shifts to her dad (Mrs Fowler's husband) as well. I can imagine Amy and her dad having conversations about it, obviously he was hilarious because he is Teller but I hope if he does come back on the show that they go/continue with that personality. Have him be this fun dad that Amy clearly looks up to, her mother being the stricter one but they both love their daughter, they just show it in different ways.

Great post.

I thought they did a wonderful job of writing Amy's Mom, and Dad. And Kathy Bates and Mr. Teller did a wonderful job of playing them.  

Amy's Mom was not happy that her "devoted daughter" didn't go to get them, when she entered 4A, she gave Amy a big hug and couldn't let go. Her little "showing off" by telling everyone that Amy played Amelia Earhart, her look and tone of disapproval when she learned that Amy has "videos on the internet", her overprotective behavier during the SW Q&A, she called Amy "my baby" several times...Overall, I think she loves her daughter very much and she is very proud of her. 

Amy's Dad only had one line, simple line, but IMO, it was one of the best and funniest line of the whole episode. When Amy said Hi to him, his answer told me that he and Amy had a "secret language" when her Mom was "being crazy", LOL. He smiled and looked at Amy during the "Father taking daughter walking down the aisle" scene, I thought it was very nice. 

For a character only had a brief skype scene and some references over the years and for the other character only "exists" after S.10 (LOL), the writing and the playing really made me like them, and most importantly, want to see them again. They don't have too many scenes, but every second counts. Kudos to them.  

18 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Thank you so much, @KripkeRules! I'm spoiler-free, so it's nice to see the reports after the episode. 

No additional information on the deleted bridal suite scene, so I will concoct my own scenario if it isn't released.

Thank you again 😀

On 4/26/2018 at 2:55 AM, brilliantfool said:

The girls in the bride’s room... Amy says it’s weird, but she’s not nervous at all. Then her mom knocks and she says and that’s gone now. A scene with the two of them

I think the Amy and her Mom's alone talk was a nice parallel scene to Sheldon & Mary's. But sadly, they cut it. 

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

What does everyone think the chances of a Shamy baby are for next season regardless if the show gets a 13th season or not. From all the websites I've been reading and some watching and reading  interviews regarding next season, I would estimate around a 55% chance of a Shamy baby happening next season. I know that this may not be the route we want our couple to take as they have just gotten married but it seems as though some of the press believe that Shamy will end up with a new addition to the family before the series ends (YS finale may have planted the belief in some people's heads of this happening next season). I don't really want this to happen right now as I am more interested in how they are going to advance the plot of their Super Asymmetry theory but I put the chances up in my mind because I wouldn't put it past the writers to do this sort of thing and double it up with their Asymmetricy story. I just think no matter what happens there is going to be a lot of mixed feelings about what the writers do.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

What does everyone think the chances of a Shamy baby are for next season regardless if the show gets a 13th season or not. From all the websites I've been reading and some watching and reading  interviews regarding next season, I would estimate around a 55% chance of a Shamy baby happening next season. I know that this may not be the route we want our couple to take as they have just gotten married but it seems as though some of the press believe that Shamy will end up with a new addition to the family before the series ends (YS finale may have planted the belief in some people's heads of this happening next season). I don't really want this to happen right now as I am more interested in how they are going to advance the plot of their Super Asymmetry theory but I put the chances up in my mind because I wouldn't put it past the writers to do this sort of thing and double it up with their Asymmetricy story. I just think no matter what happens there is going to be a lot of mixed feelings about what the writers do.

I think it reaIIy depends on whether S. 12 is the Iast or not; HoIIand has said on muItipIe occasions the writers aren't pIanning a pregnancy pIot in S. 12, because they need a breather after  two back-to-back pregnancies. So, if S. 12 is indeed the Iast,  I don't see that happening, at most an announcement of a pregnancy towards the finaIe, with a fIash forward at the very end showing everyone's kids (invisible HaIIey and MichaeI incIuded). If there is a S. 13, then things might change, as they might have had enough time to "recover" from Bernie's pregnancies. Anyway, an actuaI pregnancy pIot and a baby (on or off screen) for Shamy wouId impIy them to move out of 4B,  there's no way they can start a family in that apartment. Not sure the writers want to do something as boId as messing up with the main set; I see the main coupIes starting house hunting at some point, but not sure we'II ever see the characters Iiving elsewhere. Again, though, that might depend on how many seasons the show wiII be on the air, the Ionger it does, the higher chances are the writers wiII be wiIIing to take some risks...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

I don't think there'll be a Shamy baby right away. We know from YS that there'll be some in the future but that doesn't have to be immediately after they just got married as they kept it vague on purpose. Holland also said in interviews that they're kinda fed up with pregnancy/baby stories and that for Shamy the super asymmetry project will be something to focus on which imho slims the likeliness of Shamy babies in S12 even further.

If S12 is indeed the last we might find out Amy is pregnant in the second half at the earliest, if there's a S13 or even S14 it'll happen then not too long before the end. They don't want real babies on set and with Shamy having such a small place there's not much room to hide their baby. lol

• Like 5

If we get a pregnancy in Season 12 (Amy because that is the scenario talked about here) and if Season 12 is the last I think you will see it happen towards the end of the season. You won't see a run of episodes with that story or any episodes close to or involving a birth. I've always been a believer that at the end/series finale you will see scenes with them all in the future 5, 10 possibly more years down the line and that's then you will see Shamy's kids (and everyone else's).

If we get a 13th or maybe even 14th Season then that changes everything, like @mirs1 and @April have said. The big factor as mentioned by both of them is 4B is way too small, so if they plan a Shamy pregnancy to occur and then for the child to be born with episodes still to come then either:

- Shamy moves out of 4B into a new place with room to start a family.

or

- Leonard and Penny move out of 4A into a new place, which means Shamy move into 4A.

4A can clearly handle having a baby with the spare room, well one anyway (anymore than that and I think they need a bigger place, long-term as well I think they need a bigger place after a few years). Though my preference is if Shamy does move out of 4B that they move into a new place and not 4A.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Jonny said:

If we get a pregnancy in Season 12 (Amy because that is the scenario talked about here) and if Season 12 is the last I think you will see it happen towards the end of the season. You won't see a run of episodes with that story or any episodes close to or involving a birth. I've always been a believer that at the end/series finale you will see scenes with them all in the future 5, 10 possibly more years down the line and that's then you will see Shamy's kids (and everyone else's).

If we get a 13th or maybe even 14th Season then that changes everything, like @mirs1 and @April have said. The big factor as mentioned by both of them is 4B is way too small, so if they plan a Shamy pregnancy to occur and then for the child to be born with episodes still to come then either:

- Shamy moves out of 4B into a new place with room to start a family.

or

- Leonard and Penny move out of 4A into a new place, which means Shamy move into 4A.

4A can clearly handle having a baby with the spare room, well one anyway (anymore than that and I think they need a bigger place, long-term as well I think they need a bigger place after a few years). Though my preference is if Shamy does move out of 4B that they move into a new place and not 4A.

Yes, I agree, IogisticaIIy speaking, if there is going to be a pregnancy pIot at some point without changing the sets, it has to be for the coupIe Iiving in 4A...even if, good Iuck with fetching a stroIIer through 4 fIoors without a working elevator, ahahah! SeriousIy, the very fact we are taking about this shows how much the characters have grown; when the show begun, the main set was perfect for them, now it is starting to be a IiabiIity to progress the stories organically. This is not to say I want them to change it, I wouId have so many mixed (and not so  mixed) feeIings  if that happens, but as a matter of fact 4A/4B is not the right environment for two famiIes.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Well, I kind of like the idea if they would double a Shamy baby up with the Asymmetry story. It would give Shamy something to deal with and grow.

I would also be open if they find a way to write it into YS. I know I’d like to see it happen one day.

But aren’t we jumping too far ahead? First we need to see the actual wedding party, first dance and the various family members and guests misbehaving lol, a funny glimpse of the wedding night and the honeymoon.

Then Shamy needs to sort out the 2 or 15 children question lol, discuss how they want to raise them lol and how to organise themselves with regard to the super asymmetry theory.

I’d also like to see a baby creation plan schedule for this lol, on a whiteboard please lol and a scientific analysis of the pregnancy probabilities lol also on a whiteboard please :sarcastic:

The housing situation could be solved by simply having Lenny and Shamy swapping apartments again. This could also happen without a baby as Shamy would need a room for the Asymmetry project. And I think Sheldon is still renting his old room. At least we never saw him moving out again, did we?
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

Well, I kind of like the idea if they would double a Shamy baby up with the Asymmetry story. It would give Shamy something to deal with and grow.

I would also be open if they find a way to write it into YS. I know I’d like to see it happen one day.

But aren’t we jumping too far ahead? First we need to see the actual wedding party, first dance and the various family members and guests misbehaving lol, a funny glimpse of the wedding night and the honeymoon.

Then Shamy needs to sort out the 2 or 15 children question lol, discuss how they want to raise them lol and how to organise themselves with regard to the super asymmetry theory.

I’d also like to see a baby creation plan schedule for this lol, on a whiteboard please lol and a scientific analysis of the pregnancy probabilities lol also on a whiteboard please :sarcastic:

The housing situation could be solved by simply having Lenny and Shamy swapping apartments again. This could also happen without a baby as Shamy would need a room for the Asymmetry project. And I think Sheldon is still renting his old room. At least we never saw him moving out again, did we?

4B would be something of an upgrade for Raj. He could take it on if Shamy moved out.   4A could also remain with Lenny living there.

Shamy could use some of the spare sets as rooms in 'their house' if CBS can't afford to make them one. Amy could develop an unusual form pregnancy brain that does the usual thing of making her scatty and dopey at times, but giving her spasmodic flashes of brilliance at odd hours in the middle of the night when she wakes up and makes amazing contributions to one of the two Shamy collaborations or even the one with Howard. Sheldon, OTOH, through disturbed sleep also goes soft in the head, mirroring Amy's scatterbrained stuff.

I sincerely wish for a Shamy baby on the show, but not until the middle or end of the final season, whichever one it may be other than S12. For that to be a possibility, I also hope the writers are given advance notice if they need to prepare themselves for a final season, as I think that apart from major story arcs, the writers mostly just go from episode to episode and not think much about the overall big picture (atleast that's the impression I got from the show runners' interviews). Having knowledge about a confirmed final season pretty early on would enable them to set up a structure for the rest of the episodes, and reduce filler episodes to a great degree. They might also be willing to take more risks with the show, and go all out with their ideas. I never in a million years would have thought that Sheldon would end up in 4B, cos the guy hates change and would never think about leave his spot, and now it seems like the most normal thing in the world to see them living there. Thus, I feel the writers have a lot of potential for greatness, if they are allowed to take risks and if they have a story arc all planned out in advance.

I don't just want a flash-forward at the end with their kids. I want atleast a half season of Sheldon attempting to handle a pregnant Amy, and I want to see a couple of episodes with them attempting to handle their babies, as they adapt to being new parents. There's a ton of potential for fun and touching moments. And as for the living arrangements, well, I think 4B would be fine for a single baby (operative word being baby not a kid). At the end of the show, they could show them moving out to a larger apartment/house.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

They might also be willing to take more risks with the show, and go all out with their ideas. I never in a million years would have thought that Sheldon would end up in 4B, cos the guy hates change and would never think about leave his spot, and now it seems like the most normal thing in the world to see them living there. Thus, I feel the writers have a lot of potential for greatness, if they are allowed to take risks and if they have a story arc all planned out in advance.

Totally agree. I never imagined I would see Sheldon being in 4B, and not to mention being surrounded by Shenny shippers, and hearing all of their fantasies of Sheldon being in 4B, I, as a canon couple supporter, would never want to see Sheldon in 4B, ever.    BUT, the writers surprised me, hugely, and they even explained to us why they put Shamy in 4B and Lenny in 4A, so it completely crushed some people's "wishful thinking" that "Maybe one day, Shamy would live together, but just Amy moves into Leonard's old room, so technically, Sheldon is just living with a new roommate, not living with his girlfriend." You should see their faces back then, LMAO. 

So, this, gives me proof that if the writers really want to take the chances, they can plan it all out beforehand, and execute it wonderfully.

15 minutes ago, SpoonMouse said:

I want at least a half season of Sheldon attempting to handle a pregnant Amy

I actually have a similar guess like you, in the last season of TBBT, maybe S.12 or S.13 or S.14, you know what I mean. And in the second half of that season, we find out that Amy is pregnant, and the writers can write some "Sheldon attempting to handle a pregnant Amy" storylines without having Amy being pregnant the whole process like Bernie, because the show would end before Amy ever showing her belly. So in that case, it would be a win-win for them. 

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

6 hours ago, BobtheBlob said:

What does everyone think the chances of a Shamy baby are for next season regardless if the show gets a 13th season or not.

Next to none. I do not think they want to go there. I do not think they want any more babies at all next year, no matter whose they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver1984 said:

I don't expect to see ANY of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't expect to see ANY of that.

Yeah same, personally I would have loved to have seen stuff like that but I think when Season 12 starts they have moved on from the wedding. Only further wedding stuff I think we might get is perhaps a reference to their honeymoon in the dialogue.

• Like 1

Well at this point I will take whatever they will be able to show about Shamy. Because most of my wishes for them have been accomplished and I believe Shamy breakthrough in their wedding day might have a nice development in s12. Science Shamy is so good! Oh and till last show breath, I am waiting for a Shamy cuddle in bed. It would be a fabulous cold opening in season premiere, wouldn't  be? Writers, think about it , please! ❤️

Regards a mention about Shamy honeymoon in S12, I can see a white table in a swimming pool area of a hotel be their Science  white board as they relax in their honeymoon time, lol!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yeah same, personally I would have loved to have seen stuff like that but I think when Season 12 starts they have moved on from the wedding. Only further wedding stuff I think we might get is perhaps a reference to their honeymoon in the dialogue.

Ideally I'd love to see S12 starting with Shamy coming back from their honeymoon, maybe we'd get a few details about what they did, maybe even, say, Sheldon boasting about how they made a baby - though of course meaning their science baby in that they worked further on their project.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Regards a mention about Shamy honeymoon in S12, I can see a white table in a swimming pool area of a hotel be their Science  white board as they relax in their honeymoon time, lol!

Exactly my thoughts :sarcastic:

One other thought:

Why don’t they start season 12 with just this remark “Last time on the Big Bang Theory” and show a few details from 11:24 and then just show more of the party, the wedding night and the honeymoon as if it all happened (which did in fiction but was never shown) 😉

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Next to none. I do not think they want to go there. I do not think they want any more babies at all next year, no matter whose they are.

I think we'll see kids - not pregnancies - if they do a time jump.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Silver1984 said:

Exactly my thoughts :sarcastic:

One other thought:

Why don’t they start season 12 with just this remark “Last time on the Big Bang Theory” and show a few details from 11:24 and then just show more of the party, the wedding night and the honeymoon as if it all happened (which did in fiction but was never shown) 😉

I'm hoping for this. There are scenes we haven't seen but were made and it seems a pity to let them go to waste.

• Like 1

Not sure if any of you are on Tumblr, but we will be celebrating the anniversary of Shamy's first meeting on May 24 with fluffy fics, gifs, drawings, and whatever other ideas fans can think of. I believe the creations will be tagged #fluff crawlspace. Hope you check it out! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Koala Face 1

4 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Not sure if any of you are on Tumblr, but we will be celebrating the anniversary of Shamy's first meeting on May 24 with fluffy fics, gifs, drawings, and whatever other ideas fans can think of. I believe the creations will be tagged #fluff crawlspace. Hope you check it out! 

My tumblr is being 100% full of shamy content those last weeks, and btw the shamy tumblr tag is even more beautiful now with all the wedding gifs and pictures, fan arts, etc. What a time to be alive. ❤ so I will for sure be there for may 24.👏

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silver1984 said:

Why don’t they start season 12 with just this remark “Last time on the Big Bang Theory” and show a few details from 11:24 and then just show more of the party, the wedding night and the honeymoon as if it all happened (which did in fiction but was never shown) 

I think if they show anything it will be the Hawking tribute. I've talked to a LOT of people who were pissed that got left out.

• Like 2