The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

On 5/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

I picture them having a boy and a girl, and naming them Pierre and Marie.

I picture a boy and a girl too. In my fic I named them Stephen Issac and Elizabeth (for Nobel laureate biologist Elizabeth Blackburn) Mary. I had Stephen born September 2021 as I think they need some time to get ready before they start a family and you know why September. Lizzie was born in March 2026, nothing particular in March though, just fitts with the way I wanted the ages. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Silver1984 said:

At least one coitus to make the marriage official

Oh, that's a given.

And they have to keep doing science. That was awesome.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Disclaimer: nothing prompted this, just a thought I had

Just re-watched the scene where Penny asked Sheldon about whether or not he and Amy will have a physical relationship. I realized that whenever this topic is brought up, the language Sheldon uses is very specific of the fact that the problem is him. (His issues with intimacy, his issues with touching etc). And even in season 6 when the scene took place, he said he was working on those issues (3 seasons before 9x11) I know it seems redundant given where the couple is now physically, I just wanted to place this reminder that Sheldon never once said the problem is Amy, that they were his issues to work through. And now we're in season 11 where he calls her beautiful without prompting or hesitation. So beautiful that Sheldon Cooper briefly lost his train of thought when he went to talk to her in the finale. (and when he first saw the dress now that I think about it). 

Now that they're married, I hope we see more of this, and see them continue to explore the more physical parts of the relationship, and more of science working together.  Also more of Amy with her hair up like in the bonus clip, she looked so good like that. 

This takes me back to "The Confidence Erosion" when they were at Pasadena City Hall and he compared finding Amy to finding dark matter.  Before Amy, the most beautiful thing in the world to Sheldon was science. 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Disclaimer: nothing prompted this, just a thought I had

Just re-watched the scene where Penny asked Sheldon about whether or not he and Amy will have a physical relationship. I realized that whenever this topic is brought up, the language Sheldon uses is very specific of the fact that the problem is him. (His issues with intimacy, his issues with touching etc). And even in season 6 when the scene took place, he said he was working on those issues (3 seasons before 9x11) I know it seems redundant given where the couple is now physically, I just wanted to place this reminder that Sheldon never once said the problem is Amy, that they were his issues to work through. 

Yes.  In The Love Spell episode, it's pretty clearly stated that he has "issues" that have nothing to do with Amy.  I'm told it's a common problem with some folks on the spectrum.  And - as is the case here - they can work on it and, perhaps, overcome it over time.  

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

I just wanted to place this reminder that Sheldon never once said the problem is Amy, that they were his issues to work through. 

Coming to think of it is not only or not always Sheldon who has issues. I think Amy has her own deamons she struggles with. I still sometimes wonder about the scene in Sheldon‘s bedroom when they first move in together. When she took coitus off the table just like that. Even Sheldon seemed to be a little affronted by it. And I think she didn’t only say it to accommodate Sheldon. She also said it because her mother put all these prude thoughts in her head about “how men are”. I am glad that Shamy eventually and gradually find ways to become more intimate with each other while leaving their conservative upbringing behind.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

I just wanted to place this reminder that Sheldon never once said the problem is Amy, that they were his issues to work through.

Well, yes, that has always been the case. His problem with being touched was one of the things that made people think he was on the autism spectrum. I have a son with Asperger's and if I'd go to hug him he used to act like I was a kidnapper. Now he just stands there stiff as a board and puts up with it, but that's a classic symptom of the disorder.

6 hours ago, Silver1984 said:

She also said it because her mother put all these prude thoughts in her head about “how men are”.

Honestly, I think the writers just pulled that out of their asses. Because it didn't take long for her to be VERY interested.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Shamyversary! Don't forgot to check out all the Shamy goodness on tumblr under the tags #fluff crawlspace and #Shamy anniversary.

I have a fic there, and it's also on fanfiction.net under the title The Courageous Odyssey. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Happy Shamyversary!!....loving all the gifs and pics ❤️

Here's to these two quirky, adorable, wonderful people who've brought an immense joy into my life over the last eight years....and long may it continue!!!!:girlinlove:

• Like 6

Happy slightly belated Shamy anniversary!

Can't post any gifs on my prehistoric phone, but will just say they have brought a lot of joy to me over these past 8 seasons and hopefully we will get a couple or a few more!

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Happy slightly belated Shamy anniversary!

Can't post any gifs on my prehistoric phone, but will just say they have brought a lot of joy to me over these past 8 seasons and hopefully we will get a couple or a few more!

misc_319.gif.3c3bb0580e094eee47c51733570f2136.gif

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, GnuHopper said:

HOWARD:  Good God, what have we done?

It's okay fellas -- you did great!

Yes, they did, and they don't get nearly enough credit for it. Bravo Howard and Raj!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2018 at 11:34 PM, Silver1984 said:

I am hoping that something like this comes up. At least one coitus to make the marriage official :biggrin:

This is the reason that I think "why the writers let Shamy have coitus before living together, or getting engaged or the wedding".

I've never thought about this when I first watched the show, but over the years, seeing Sheldon's popularity over the world, reading people's comments on line, especially after 9X11 aired, made me realize that "Sheldon's sex life intrigues people", A LOT of people, I might add. So to TPTB, they would milk the cow as long as possible.  But, the downside is, because "sex sells", this topic could easily overshadow the other milestones of Shamy. 

For example, if 9X11 never happened, then in 10X4, some people would wonder, "Now they are living together, sleeping in the same bed, do you think they will have coitus?", then in the whole time of S.10 and S.11, there would be a question mark on people's mind, they would wait for "THE episode", so much so that people would somehow missed the beautiful journey of them living together as boyfriend&girlfriend and as an engaged couple...And, the worst part would be, this "waiting and wondering" would easily steal the thunder of the wedding.

But, now, in reality, NO ONE wonders whether or not they had coitus on the wedding night, because A, they've done it before, nothing surprising; and B, it was the legal requirement, and everyone knows Sheldon's love of said requirement.

And, most importantly, NOTHING overshadowed Shamy's wedding, not even their own coitus.

LMAO. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I've never thought about this when I first watched the show, but over the years, seeing Sheldon's popularity over the world, reading people's comments on line, especially after 9X11 aired, made me realize that "Sheldon's sex life intrigues people", A LOT of people, I might add.

Oh, yeah, tons of people wanted to know what was going on with Sheldon. Was he asexual? Just repressed? Did he just have intimacy issues? Lots of fans were keenly interested in what made him tick. I totally agree with your post.

• Like 2

Just watched a video made by a Shamy fan, the BGM is Rizzle Kicks - I Love You More Than You Think, he/she used this song because the lyrics can be considered from Sheldon's POV, and the song fit with Shamy's story very much. Please listen to the song if you have time, very cute.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys I'm sorry to interrupt your discussion, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm now officially an Engineer of Computer Science! 

And as much as I love Sheldon, if he were real, I'll fight him to the death on the whole "boo engineers boo" schtick lol.

As you were. 😁

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1