The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

4 minutes ago, April said:

I expected pretty much that to happen. It's TBBT after all and every time we fans want a big heartfelt talk they go with the short cut. But I'm fine with the way they did this here cause the important points are in there, even if it's short.

Personally, I don't care about the old-fashioned permission thing (and I'm wondering whether Amy actually finds that important of if its just because he asked SH first? lol) but after all these years of silence on the matter I'm relived to find out that her dad exists and they're in contact somehow. Still not sure about the family relations here though (as in: are her parents separated or living together??).

If the past in any indication, in 7 years we should know about that too, LOL! Just kidding, I hope we might see Amy's parents this season, possibly at the wedding or, better, for some other reason before that. 

• Haha 2
  • Koala Face 2

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

If the past in any indication, in 7 years we should know about that too, LOL! Just kidding, I hope we might see Amy's parents this season, possibly at the wedding or, better, for some other reason before that. 

Yeah, I'd like to see them having a dinner with Shamy or something. It's a simple enough premise to introduce them properly and presumably there's more than enough time until the wedding. Fingers crossed!

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 2

8 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, I'd like to see them having a dinner with Shamy or something. It's a simple enough premise to introduce them properly and presumably there's more than enough time until the wedding. Fingers crossed!

I would expect them having dinner with Shamy where some wedding planning is done.

• Koala Face 2

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

I would expect them having dinner with Shamy where some wedding planning is done.

Imagine Amy going through an endless list of aunts and cousins with her mother and Sheldon being like "Who are these people??" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Koala Face 1

I am at work and could not make too detailed posts about the spoilers but @mirs1 and @April pretty said everything I wanted to say. Thanks, girls :)

I am a very happy shamy fan right now. Ok, I could live without the part Amy thanked Ramona but tbbt is a comedy and it surely worked well on screen and also as it is something ic for Amy as she could do something like that as she is extremely happy about something. . Beisdes it was more mature than a big public fight. After all Amy knows Sheldon loves her so she had never thought what they have could be in risk, you know.

Also loved how shamy processed about the Ramona kiss and Sheldon stayed for the three months at Princeton. I just could think about all goodness and nerdiness these two had lived there, hehe! Sheldon seems to be more  romantic and  hippie guy  than I though he would be. LOve that! Love does good to people and  cant help myself , I love our beloved couple living all these moments that leaded to the proposal!  :wub:

I also want to meet Amy's father , as it seemed he is involved in Amy's life, which is great. A scene between Amy's father and Sheldon could be awesome and so funny. Sheldon is not very good as he interacts with others and it could be great to see him doing his best for Amy. Crossing fingers for this means we will have Amy's family this season.

And last but not least , Amy did not used the word "yes" ... And would it be necessary? She wished it for a long time and Sheldon knew the ball was in his side since they reunited. I think the scene turned great as Leonard interrupted Sheldon's proposal (they are now even, lol) and it seemed our beloved couple worked out everything about the kiss in their own way, with honesty and with all facts on table. I could not expect better than this resolutiin for Shamy engagement. Imo this seems to be the best première ever! :)

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 4

I wasn't too keen on the Amy thanking Ramona part either, but having thought about it three months have passed since she found out Ramona kissed Sheldon.  That's more than enough time for any anger to pass.  Also she's spent the three months living happily with her fiancé in Princeton.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 2

It's not the traditional thing that got me excited about the news that Sheldon has spoken to her father its that:

a- Her father actually exists, so no excuse why we shouldn't see him at some point.

b- it does add to the case/belief that he has planned this for some time therefore removing some of the Ramona taint from the storyline. I think it's way more likely he met him before the Ramona incident and talked him rather than fleeing Caltech, rushing over to his place then rushing to the airport.

c- Sheldon does interact with her family, perhaps we learn more about that later on in the season.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 2

I was trying so hard to be spoiler free but couldn't.....

Kind of glad Amy didnt use one of the monkeys to give Ramona a lesson (although would be funny)...they show how mature and confident she is...and indeed after 3 months living with Sheldon in Princeton... there's nothing to worried about it.

IMO there is a huge comedy potential for Shamy dinner with Amy parents.... can you imagine Sheldon blabbing that they have frequent coitus or they will marry not pure or something like only a clueless Sheldon can say to parents ......good stuff here..hope they can make it..

Thanks guys for make my Wednesday happy again ;)

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

So I just got information that Sheldon isn't staying the 3 months with Amy but leaves the next day or so. So someone (I don't know who) must have misunderstood what's going on... hmm.. I'm gonna err on the side of caution before I make up elaborate head canons about ~Shamy's Princeton Summer of Love~ until we have proper confirmation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

So stupid grin still in place !!!!

Extremely grateful to all who provided spoilers.

I don't think I've stopped buzzing all day - you guys have all said exactly how I feel especially @mirs1, @April , @Jonny And @spidergirl  ! I don't think we could have asked for a better premier and our adorably adorkable couple are now engaged !!!! Even without drama ! 

I honestly feel we are so lucky ! 

I still can't form my thoughts properly to type them, so huge thanks to those who did *blows kisses * 

Edited by Soopysue
  • It's a Tiara 5

It would have been nice if he had but if it turns out he didn't that's fine. I suspect he would have visited her during those months. We will probably never know with the time jump.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

If he comes home after a few days, is Sheldon seen interacting with anyone else or is it just mentioned that he's back? 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

If he comes home after a few days, is Sheldon seen interacting with anyone else or is it just mentioned that he's back? 

From what I got is that the time jump happens basically after he leaves. There isn't a scene with him hanging out with the gang or something. But in the tag after the time jump he's with Amy when she's back at Caltech and the guys are welcoming her back. That's probably where the misunderstanding came from - someone interpreted it as the guys welcoming both Sheldon and Amy back.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 2

Just now, April said:

From what I got is that the time jump happens basically after he leaves. There isn't a scene with him hanging out with the gang or something. But in the tag after the time jump he's with Amy when she's back at Caltech and the guys are welcoming her back. That's probably where the misunderstanding came from - someone interpreted it as the guys welcoming both Sheldon and Amy back.

So could be any of the following -

1. He went back Pasadena after a few days and stayed until Amy came home.

2. He went back to Pasadena, got some clothes and his laptop, and returned to Princeton, but came back a few days earlier than Amy.

3. He could have come stayed in Princeton, but again came back a few days earlier than Amy.

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

So could be any of the following -

1. He went back Pasadena after a few days and stayed until Amy came home.

2. He went back to Pasadena, got some clothes and his laptop, and returned to Princeton, but came back a few days earlier than Amy.

3. He could have come stayed in Princeton, but again came back a few days earlier than Amy.

I guess 1. is what they are going for in the episode but 2. and 3. will undoubtedly be the source of inspiration for plenty of fanfics! ;D

• Like 3

Doesn't look like we got a panic attack, I think for a lot of us we thought that was a nailed on reaction lol.

I can imagine she enjoyed introducing Sheldon as her fiance even if the meal with her colleagues went as expected lol. I just know that talk they have after is going to hit people right in the feels judging from the spoilers kindly provided :)

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 3

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Doesn't look like we got a panic attack, I think for a lot of us we thought that was a nailed on reaction lol.

Well, Leonard interrupted the moment so who knows what would have happened otherwise. lol

I can imagine she enjoyed introducing Sheldon as her fiance even if the meal with her colleagues went as expected lol. I just know that talk they have after is going to hit people right in the feels judging from the spoilers kindly provided :)

Indeed. I'm a bit annoyed whenever they feel the need to shove in a "Sheldon is still Sheldon" moment but at least there's always a pretty good payoff for them these days.

• Koala Face 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

16 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Yes, Sheldon only stays for a day or two, because he acknowledges that she needs to be the center of attention there more or less. Amy says that he wants to go home because he knows everyone falls all over him there. Also, it was very important for Amy that Sheldon asked her dad's permission. He tells her about speaking with Hawking, and she's like, really? Not my dad? And, he says that he asked her dad, and her face lights up.

Very interesting. Really hope we get a chance to see them interact (Amy and her dad especially).

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

I thought Sheldon called Leonard, not the other way around. So much was happening that my mind is foggy here. Basically, Amy didn't give her proper answer because Sheldon was on the phone. Then, he asks, and says she said yes to P/L, who are on speaker with him in 4A.

Sheldon called Leonard in the middle of his proposal before Amy had a chance to answer?

3 hours ago, April said:

Well, Leonard interrupted the moment so who knows what would have happened otherwise. lol

Indeed. I'm a bit annoyed whenever they feel the need to shove in a "Sheldon is still Sheldon" moment but at least there's always a pretty good payoff for them these days.

I see these moments as parts of his character/progression so they don't annoy me. I don't think they'll ever be completely gone cause Sheldon wouldn't be Sheldon without them but he's also getting better at handling them (Amy too). I'm sure there will come a point where they'll be fewer.

29 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Very interesting. Really hope we get a chance to see them interact (Amy and her dad especially).

If it turns out that Amy has a good relationship with her dad it will be the best thing ever! I hope we finally see him this season.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

I thought Sheldon called Leonard, not the other way around. So much was happening that my mind is foggy here. Basically, Amy didn't give her proper answer because Sheldon was on the phone. Then, he asks, and says she said yes to P/L, who are on speaker with him in 4A.

From what I gather from other spoiler sources it was actually both:

It starts out with Leonard interrupting the proposal by calling Sheldon and asking where he is and after Shamy inform him they're in the middle of something he hangs up. Then shortly later Sheldon calls him back to tell him Amy said yes.

• Like 6