[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

8 minutes ago, April said:

Just wanted to write the same thing!

I love how much Mayim is in Shamy fangirl mode here. Between her and Jim she's often the more reserved of the two trying not to go overboard so it's nice to see/hear her just pure gushing about this. <3 <3 <3

Especially her points about intimacy and working with Jim.

She also mentions Amy mouthing a lot of Sheldon's dialogue and I remember Wil Wheaton mentioning that as well from his episode and it's probably one of my favourite stupid details, too. That and how terrible actors Amy and Sheldon are. LOL

Glad you mention the bold part! I love that mouthing detail is made as a sign of Amy s admiration for the fwf and also to be  in sync with Sheldon! 

How could we not love these two as shamy? Every detail is worked in detail and in team. Just could work out  as a wonderful and loved couple! :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 3

7 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Oh,God, let's hope not, it would be so weird! I guess bernie's baby might be born for november sweeps, given that melissa is due this fall. Then, shamy's wedding might be a good mid-season finale, but can also happen in the season finale in may, the other couples have been engaged a whole season long. Somebody here mentioned the 250th episode, which should be 11x18. It can be a possible date too.

As for how the wedding will be, given the way the writers have depicted Amy in the premiere, I think she will be in bridezilla mode, but pretty sure sheldon will be a groomzilla too. I don't think we should be expecting a huge wedding, though. the writers will find a way of downplaying it, because that's how things work in this show. They can't/don't want to handle big scenes. Fair enough, I think they will find a way to make the wedding shamy-esque even with a small scene.

First pregnancy lasts eleven months or more so the next one has to last  six or seven  ? Wny not ?  Sounds about right for these writers. That would make the average about nine months - bingo !

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

First pregnancy lasts eleven months or more so the next one has to last  six or seven  ? Wny not ?  Sounds about right for these writers. That would make the average about nine months - bingo !

To be fair here: If the baby is due in November Bernie would have gotten pregnant in Feb/Mar and since she's nursing Halley it could be that her monthly menstruation hasn't set in yet so she only noticed in May (which is when this episode should take place).

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

6 minutes ago, April said:

To be fair here: If the baby is due in November Bernie would have gotten pregnant in Feb/Mar and since she's nursing Halley it could be that her monthly menstruation hasn't set in yet so she only noticed in May (which is when this episode should take place).

Could happen, true.  Prolactin isn't always as effective a contraceptive as it's generally supposed to be.  My granny used to say 'it' (meaning sperm ) could get through a doormat. Some babies are  indeed conceived while the mother is still breastfeeding.

2 hours ago, Gbb said:

Are you assuming Bernadette will be matron of honor because Amy was supposed to be her maid of honor, or am I forgetting an episode where Amy promised it to her? I can't imagine Penny not being Amy's matron of honor but so far they've managed to have 3 weddings on TBBT with no maid/matron of honor or best man, so they may go for 4...

Yes I am.  Doesn't it work that way ? I was guessing. Also guessing at the title. What is it ?   Amy did a good job organising Bernadette's planned wedding. Raj was Best Man. Just because the planned ceremony didn't happen doesn't mean the honour won't be reciprocated, does it ?  Or does it ? At least by invitation ? They intended to have the reception when Howard got back to Earth but we didn't see that. Knowing Raj he'd have had a hand in it. 

We don't have an equivalent of what Amy was doing .  (A Maid of Honour here is usually a lady who works for The Queen or other significant royal person, a sort of secretary, nothing to do with weddings. :) ) Here they're all called bridesmaids if they're single, matrons of honour if they're married. If there's more than one bridesmaid, including children for instance, sometimes an adult bridesmaid is 'chief' bridesmaid. 

My guess would be Bernadette is asked first and if she doesn't think she's up to it, then Penny would be asked next.  Penny, Halley if she's big enough, and Missy in the dresses with cap sleeves. Hooray !  If I'm guessing wrongly, do explain things to me.  Penny was Bernadette's bridesmaid. What is she called now she's married if she serves a bride and she's not the one in charge ?

Edited by joyceraye
Removal of unconnected merged item to be saved for later.

3 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Love love loved Mayim's video - for all the reasons you guys have already stated !!! 

This has been such an amazing start to season 11 for us Shamy fans *hearteyes* 

Indeed! Now we just need Captain Jim makes an appearance as he talks about engaged Sheldon and Amy. Can not wait for that!

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 3

44 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Yes I am.  Doesn't it work that way ? I was guessing. Also guessing at the title. What is it ?   Amy did a good job organising Bernadette's planned wedding. Raj was Best Man. Just because the planned ceremony didn't happen doesn't mean the honour won't be reciprocated, does it ?  Or does it ? At least by invitation ? They intended to have the reception when Howard got back to Earth but we didn't see that. Knowing Raj he'd have had a hand in it. 

We don't have an equivalent of what Amy was doing .  (A Maid of Honour here is usually a lady who works for The Queen or other significant royal person, a sort of secretary, nothing to do with weddings. :) ) Here they're all called bridesmaids if they're single, matrons of honour if they're married. If there's more than one bridesmaid, including children for instance, sometimes an adult bridesmaid is 'chief' bridesmaid. 

My guess would be Bernadette is asked first and if she doesn't think she's up to it, then Penny would be asked next.  Penny, Halley if she's big enough, and Missy in the dresses with cap sleeves. Hooray !  If I'm guessing wrongly, do explain things to me.  Penny was Bernadette's bridesmaid. What is she called now she's married if she serves a bride and she's not the one in charge ?

There's no real expectation that being a bridesmaid or maid of honor for someone means you have to ask them to fill that role in your own wedding. Maybe a little bit of an expectation on bridesmaids, if only because you're part of the same social group and you'd probably ask them anyway. But in terms of maid/matron of honor (you guessed correctly on that term! :)) just because you're maid/matron of honor for someone, there's no expectation that they'll be yours. Of course, as it turned out for Howardette's wedding, there was no maid of honor or best man at the wedding itself as they all became officiants instead. BTW, a married bridesmaid is still called a bridesmaid for some reason. 

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snapepans said:

Last night, I thought about this. And I got confused.

1. Since Sheldon asked Amy's Father's permission of marrying his daughter, then it suggested that he had been thinking about proposing for a while, maybe before Amy's trip. Then Ramona was NEVER a catalyst. 

2. Since Ramona had nothing to do with Sheldon proposing to Amy, then why did Amy thank and hug her in the tag?

TBH, I have mixed feelings about the whole episode, but I don't want to overthink this and I even put that hug under the "funny" category. Sigh. 

And, I'm not saying this for making me feel better, because I also love Lenny and Howardette, but I really think that the writers can't handle a decent proposal. It's like when someone proposes, something "not so nice" has to happen. When Howard wanted to propose, Bernie wanted to break up with him; and when Penny lost her job, she suddenly wanted to propose to Leonard......And Shamy, that unnecessary Ramona drama......It's really frustrating.

But, okay, Let's wait and see.

I suspect Sheldon was planning to ask her when she got back from Princeton and Ramona just gave things a little push. And the hug is quite awhile after the kiss, so Amy has had a chance to settle down, think it through and decide to be magnanimous.

10 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Howardette wedding was nice imo but lenny's, both, I didn't enjoy them. But the reasons for my feelings about it would be off topic for this thread and doesnt matter for this talk. anyway

I am so totally with you on this. But I think the Shamy wedding will be small and sweet.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

6 hours ago, April said:

OMG It just occurred to me: Will we get a FWF episode where they announce their engagement!??? That could be so sweet and funny!! :D

pillowfeels.gif.42d7071e9ca8689c1cdbd9bb350b9eb9.gif

Oh yes please ! I wonder who'll ring in this time ?  I'd like to see some of the comments too. Are FOTM going to perform a special song ? 

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

22 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I suspect Sheldon was planning to ask her when she got back from Princeton and Ramona just gave things a little push. And the hug is quite awhile after the kiss, so Amy has had a chance to settle down, think it through and decide to be magnanimous.

I am so totally with you on this. But I think the Shamy wedding will be small and sweet.

Yes ! Also, I don't think the PTB should keep them engaged much longer. They should name the day and go ahead. Five years ago Amy would have wanted something long-planned and showy. Sheldon then would have wanted something either very nerdy ( I've long-pictured a ceremony presided over by a Spock impersonator  followed by a do in the Comic Center and a honeymoon on a train )  or at the other extreme overly traditional like a good Texan. That's before they both started growing up.  They're both mature now, have already been engaged three months and living  more or less as spouses for nearly a year. I think something non-elaborate  but decent, that can be arranged quickly but not rushed would suit them and us fine. They could have two receptions, considering how far apart California and Texas are, so that both families can get the chance to wish them well.

The more drawn-out and complicated the plans for a big wedding, with hordes of guests and guest-stars, the more likely are the writers to think of something to go wrong. I couldn't go through that. I'd be on pins waiting for the other shoe to drop, mixing my metaphors all over the sitcomverse. I've barely recovered from hiatus 2015 and the first half of S9. 

Edited by joyceraye
typo again

1 hour ago, April said:

Now that the excitement about the new episode has calmed down a bit a quick reminder that you can vote for the proposal in the episode tournament:

https://the-big-bang-theory.com/episode-tournament/

TBBT10x24c.gif.10231e49987968f5ec46a19e815e7a6a.gifTBBT10x24d.gif.bdc8f56b4a25f3c2b604f046a21f5335.gif

The proposal is behind Adhesive right now...this means many shamies had not already voted! Come on, guys! We know Amy's answer , let's make the episode get a special place in tbbt history, like ON got for obvious reasons! :wub:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

The proposal is behind Adhesive right now...this means many shamies had not already voted!

Or, maybe some Shamy Shippers weren't particularly keen on the episode.

On 17/08/2017 at 6:37 PM, Gbb said:

Are you assuming Bernadette will be matron of honor because Amy was supposed to be her maid of honor

22 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Yes I am.  Doesn't it work that way?

I understood a Matron Of Honor was supposed to be unmarried.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Or, maybe some Shamy Shippers weren't particularly keen on the episode.

I did not say "all shamies". Only vote who wants to and you are not obligated to vote on that episode I mentioned.

Edited by spidergirl
Last sentence improved
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

What I meant was, maybe some Shamy Shippers voted for Adhesive Duck instead.

Yeah. So? It doesnt make me to not advertise the episode I prefer. I think we are free of sharing our thoughts here, tournaments included.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, Maid of Honor is unmarried, Matron of Honor is married. Same position; the title just changes based on the status of the woman involved.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maids are unmarried, as in maiden aunt or old maid, unless they're servants.   Matrons, unless they're nurses or similar, are married. Hence Amy was Maid of Honor but Penny or Bernie  - or at a stretch Missy if the wedding was organised in Texas  -  would be Matron of Honor.

In UK there's no similar function. All ladies following the bride in our churches are usually called bridesmaid or matron of honour depending on whether or not they are married. I gather the American custom is that bridesmaids ( who I'm told in another post are called that whether they are married or single ) have to wear an ugly dress. We know Amy has a stack of dresses with cap sleeves left over from her first job as maid of honor because they all died. Penny didn't want to wear one of them for Bernie's wedding so she certainly won't want one now after all these years. Incidentally I didn't think Penny's and Amy's dresses were ugly.

• Like 2