Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sorry for my stupid question, but does the bold part mean, that Sheldon got her a new ring and didn´t take the family heirloom or did he just replaced the stones for other gems in order to pimp the ring?

No, just that it's very literally an eye catcher in that it's shining so bright in the camera lights that the person going there commented on it. And I believe it cause last week we had a little behind the scenes clip by Alex Ayes with Mayim being in the picture in her costume after Sheldon proposed and that ring was sparkling pretty noticeable even on a wonky rushed handy cam video. lol

It might not necessarily look like that on the show later.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sorry for my stupid question, but does the bold part mean, that Sheldon got her a new ring and didn´t take the family heirloom or did he just replaced the stones for other gems in order to pimp the ring?

It´d be so Sheldon to go to the next jewelry and take the most precious and biggest ring the shop assistant can find, because when Sheldon goes shopping only the best is good enough for his precious Amy, even if it would mean that he has to dig the diamonds by hand from a diamond mine.

Oh, I´m so excited to see Amy and Bernie being competitive over who´s more successful, it´s been a while since the last Amydette plot! :yahoo:

It´s great that the writers are finally giving the female scientists some credit for their work, I hope that the fact that Amy gets a new lab and funds, means we get to see more scenes in her new lab. 

What would I give to see Sheldon walking around CalTech his arm wrapped around Amy´s back gushing about how proud he is of his little lady (with a big smile on his face) and rubbing his proud into everyone´s face who passes by, while he squeezes her gently and gives her a peck on her hair. (I´m sure fanboy Sheldon would be so cute! :girlglasses:)

 

 

I just think it's probably a decent sized rock and you notice it on her hand that's all lol. I reckon it's probably from a storyline purpose the same ring he had, maybe it's a different actual prop?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, April said:

No, just that it's very literally an eye catcher in that it's shining so bright in the camera lights that the person going there commented on it. And I believe it cause last week we had a little behind the scenes clip by Alex Ayes with Mayim being in the picture in her costume after Sheldon proposed and that ring was sparkling pretty noticeable even on a wonky rushed handy cam video. lol

It might not necessarily look like that on the show later.

I see thank you April!

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I just think it's probably a decent sized rock and you notice it on her hand that's all lol. I reckon it's probably from a storyline purpose the same ring he had, maybe it's a different actual prop?

Lol ok thank you Jonny!

I´m happy to get a look at the ring, no matter if it sparkles likes or not. 

Just the thought, that they are finally engaged makes me all warm and fuzzy. :wub:

 

6 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

When I read the spoilers this morning, the bit about our favourite female scientists absolutely made my day! If Amy would have more scenes in lab then it will be the icing on cake! Thank you writers for taking this route! I just love to feel our scientists are making progress in their work or they might get  to new projects in case of the boys. It make all stories more interisting what is science and human interactions related, the essence of this show.

You are so right about that Spidergirl it is great that the writers are finally addressing the girls work more, to show that they are as successful as the guys in their work. 

  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I just think it's probably a decent sized rock and you notice it on her hand that's all lol. I reckon it's probably from a storyline purpose the same ring he had, maybe it's a different actual prop?

He can't even bargain with Stewart over a comic book, I can't imagine him in a jewelry shop without Penny to keep him from losing his shirt.  

Besides, a lot of folks who work in labs wear them on chains around their necks because, otherwise, you're taking them on and off all the time because of wearing and changing gloves in the lab and not wanting to damage those gloves.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Sah said:

Glad your back Desdemona! I love reading your posts and I always seem to have the same questions!

 

Oh that´s very sweet of you Sah! :airkiss:

We seem to have the same mind!

We definitely need to see Shamy dancing again.

I would like to see dancing salsa or cha cha cha, their bodies molded together, while they move their hips, before Sheldon leans in for a very intensive kiss that makes your body temperature increase and your cheeks blush.

Like Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing. :icon_redface:

  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Oh that´s very sweet of you Sah! :airkiss:

We seem to have the same mind!

We definitely need to see Shamy dancing again.

I would like to see dancing salsa or cha cha cha, their bodies molded together, while they move their hips, before Sheldon leans in for a very intensive kiss that makes your body temperature increase and your cheeks blush.

Like Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing. :icon_redface:

As this year is 30 th Dirty Dancing Aniversary , it would be a nice celebration. A girl can dream, hehe! ;)

Edited by spidergirl
  • It's a Tiara 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really looking foward to that shamy dynamic @mirs1 mentioned about sucess in their jobs. It could turn out a nice story arc for they got a prize together for their Science project as we also could also see how Sheldon is more mature about accepting the others sucess and be more focused to reach more sucess in his professional anchievments as he is happier as he involved with Amy. Hopefully this season will be a potencial wedding arrangements planning but also more Science shamy stuff too as it is really one of the things they feel most happy about in their lives. As how they do science together make them really a happier couple. Let see what writers have for us. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, April said:

Alright then we got some spoilers for 11x02 (paraphrased below in italic) in the DT and nothing really for Shamy as a couple, but rather individually:

- Leonard gives a depressing interview about physics being dead or something and his negativity is dragging the guys down as well. For Sheldon it's surely nothing new. He's had a crisis with his subject of study already so it'll be interesting how he deals with it. It certainly doesn't help that they have lost the gyroscope project not too long ago. But I really hope his project with Amy can bring him back on track or that this will lead to a new project for the guys altogether.

- Amy meanwhile is off with Bernie discussing their success and how to hide it from their men (to not rub it in while they are down, I presume???) and they end up being competitive over who's more successful (lol) and we'll find out Amy gets a new lab and new funds at Caltech! YAY!! Way to go, Amy!! <3 I love that her stay at Princeton got Amy more prestige at work and isn't brushed under the rug. The idea of keeping it secret from Sheldon sounds a bit like 10x23 and I'm not sure we'll get a resolution here. Though after 11x01 the perfect resolution would of course be that Amy tells him and Sheldon takes it in stride and is happy for her. We'll see.

- Amy's ring is apparently a huge eye catcher! LMAO

Thank you for posting. If Amy/Bernadette are feeling the need to hide it might equate to getting a sweet Shamy scene where Amy comforts Sheldon.  Amy/Bernadette professional competition sound like fun.

  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I am really looking foward to that shamy dynamic @mirs1 mentioned about sucess in their jobs. It could turn out a nice story arc for they got a prize together for their Science project as we also could also see how Sheldon is more mature about accepting the others sucess and be more focused to reach more sucess in his professional anchievments as he is happier as he involved with Amy. Hopefully this season will be a potencial wedding arrangements planning but also more Science shamy stuff too as it is really one of the things they feel most happy about in their lives. As how they do science together make them really a happier couple. Let see what writers have for us. 

I think career success can't be substituted with relationship success. What I realized is that the writers have a tendency to celebrate relationship moments/milestones when one of the partners is deeply unhappy in their professional life. Sheldon is unhappy. Shamy coitus 3.0 and engagement comes at a time of a professional setback and disillusionment with physics for Sheldon(10.23 and 11.02). It reminds me of the time Penny was fired /hit rock bottom in her career before the Lenny engagement. 

 

6 hours ago, Carey said:

 Amy/Bernadette professional competition sound like fun.

 A/B plot without Penny will be interesting and fun. It is rare. Penny character would probably relate more to the guys, since she is also unhappy with her career :p 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Confused 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

A/B plot without Penny will be interesting and fun. It is rare.

That is true. I have longed for some more of the rarer pairings. I like Amy and Bernie together. I also wish they'd do something else with Amy and Howard. I loved it when they were singing Neil Diamond. If the guys are trying to figure out the direction their work is taking maybe Amy will spend more time with Howardette?

  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, April said:

Personally I would love for Sheldon to sort out his priorities and gain some focus from it.

For pretty much the whole show he hasn't really had a major scientific breakthrough on his own and instead his childish shenanigans at work were the premise of many humorous plots at Caltech. The reason he was able to keep his job was pretty much due to the reputation he earned in his youth (and occasional help from Mary and others fixing whatever he messed up) and that prestige has been carrying his career for a long time and in a way he's still chasing that early success with his obsession with awards, especially the Nobel. But his field string theory proved to be a dead end so he changed to dark matter which also didn't seem to be particularly inspiring here. The only thing the writers did that resembled anything successful was the paper he and Leonard published, which then eventually lead to the gyroscope project thanks to Howard's idea, which was apparently so successful that the army took it from them at the first opportunity.

In all this it's clear that Sheldon isn't exactly the idea guy. He's the maths and numbers guy. He's exceptionally good at that, albeit not flawless judging by the mistakes he made in the past. But I think there's potential here to let him grow as a scientist. Either the writers let him have a really good idea for once or he's becoming more mature about his goals and instead of chasing the pipe dream of a Nobel he'll concentrate on doing solid research. He can earn success from that but it shouldn't necessarily be his priority then. I'd love for him to be rewarded after he showed some real dedication to a project instead of accidentally stumbling over something or him continuing to rest on his laurels of his youth.

And I think this is where his project with Amy could be the key. If they stick with the idea from 10x02 that physics is dead somehow it would make sense for Sheldon to concentrate on areas where there's still potential and as koops loved to point out plenty of times there are some fun things going on with the combination of physics and neuroscience. On one hand I would love for Shamy to continue working on it through the season not only because they're the intellectual power couple of the show and I love seeing them doing science together, but I also just like it when we get a clear idea that the characters are working on a specific project in the background not just something generic [insert field of study here] while otherwise just showing them dicking around with something unrelated. On the other hand I would love to see the project continue to explore Sheldon's growing maturity further - here in the workplace. They did a bit with that with the guys' project but ultimately fell back on the old "Sheldon is annoying, let's find a way to get rid of him" idea. Sheldon working together with someone who actually likes his company could actually still hold some story opportunities here.

We'll see, I guess.

I agree on that. What is happening to Sheldon right now for me is a very realistic description of what happens to many children prodigy. He was indeed extraordinary in getting his Ph.D. at 16 years old, but now he is in his mid thirties and he struggles to keep that reputation up. This is hard, and has led him to some mistakes due to the hurry. Showing his faliures, and not just his successes, is realistic, because in maths not always things turn out the way you like. Anyway, he has had also successes, and he has opened up to new fields. Not sure if younger sheldon, soon after he got his Ph.D., would have loved to work on applied projects, like the gyroscope and the one with Amy. That shows for me that with age and experience (also life experience) Sheldon's love for science and curiosity is getting bigger. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

You get the Nobel Prize in your 60s for work you did in your 30s is the old joke.

That's true, but for a theoretical physicist is pretty hard to win the Nobel prize in general. You have to come up with a revolutionary theory and then hope that, during your lifetime, some other fellow proves it experimentally.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I agree on that. What is happening to Sheldon right now for me is a very realistic description of what happens to many children prodigy. He was indeed extraordinary in getting his Ph.D. at 16 years old, but now he is in his mid thirties and he struggles to keep that reputation up. This is hard, and has led him to some mistakes due to the hurry. Showing his faliures, and not just his successes, is realistic, because in maths not always things turn out the way you like. Anyway, he has had also successes, and he has opened up to new fields. Not sure if younger sheldon, soon after he got his Ph.D., would have loved to work on applied proje t, like the gyroscope and the one with Amy. That shows for me that with age and experience (also life experience) Sheldon's love for science and curiosity is getting bigger. 

Indeed! I was thinking about the whole "wunderkind who grows up to be not so extraordinary" phenomenon as well. Not that Sheldon stopped being a genius or whatever but success is based on so many different factors that it's hard to make the transition sometimes. It's rare to keep a certain level of success from when you were young and depending on your field sometimes even (almost) impossible. And it takes a certain level of maturity to accept that reality and deal with it accordingly.

Sheldon learns bit by bit how to deal with his overbearing ego and I think in a way this may make him a more successful scientist in the end. For one he'll be able to better cooperate with colleagues in his or related fields. But also: especially the Nobel is extremely hard to get as a theoretical physicist and him putting down practical applications (with Howard, Leonard, even Amy) is actually a huge hindrance receiving it cause when a theoretical physicist gets one it's usually in relation to something practical. Like, Einstein didn't get his Nobel for his Theory of Relativity but rather for his explanation of the photoelectric effect which was observed in certain experiments. Similarly Hawking doesn't have one to this day. They don't hand Nobels out like candy and Sheldon with his huge ego and arrogance might have been his own worst enemy here. If he mellows his radical views and becomes more humble it could paradoxically get him exactly where he wanted to be in the first place. lol

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, April said:

Personally I would love for Sheldon to sort out his priorities and gain some focus from it.

For pretty much the whole show he hasn't really had a major scientific breakthrough on his own and instead his childish shenanigans at work were the premise of many humorous plots at Caltech. The reason he was able to keep his job was pretty much due to the reputation he earned in his youth (and occasional help from Mary and others fixing whatever he messed up) and that prestige has been carrying his career for a long time and in a way he's still chasing that early success with his obsession with awards, especially the Nobel. But his field string theory proved to be a dead end so he changed to dark matter which also didn't seem to be particularly inspiring here. The only thing the writers did that resembled anything successful was the paper he and Leonard published, which then eventually lead to the gyroscope project thanks to Howard's idea, which was apparently so successful that the army took it from them at the first opportunity.

@April, thanks so much for bringing this up. It's actually something I've been thinking about for a couple of seasons now. And the show itself dealt with it some back in 1 or 2 (whenever Dennis Kim came to campus). It's very difficult for a child prodigy to stay ahead of everyone for his whole career. At some point, he or she begins to level off. It's impossible to stay the smartest one in the room your entire life. But life and work experience and maturity can actually turn you into a better scientist than you were when you were a wunderkind.  And thanks in large measure to the ways Amy in particular and the gang in general have helped teach him how to move past his ego and consider what others have to offer, he's well on his way to being a much better scientist than he was before.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.