[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

22 minutes ago, Carey said:

Sweet News!!!!   I have been thinking March 14.

I actually think the cliff by the ocean might be a joke.  I can see Sheldon having a real struggle with every day/type/place and she says something about a cliff so she can throw herself in.  The conversation could be hysterical.

It's the Halloween costume whiteboard all over again.  Compromise has never been one of Sheldon's stronger suits.

Prediction?....If we are looking at the sweeps periods for this broadcast year, the season 11 finale could work, the anniversary of when they first met, but I think that they may throw us for a loop and go for a Shamy Valentine's wedding opening up the remainder of Season 11 for other stories.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Carey said:

Sweet News!!!!   I have been thinking March 14.

I actually think the cliff by the ocean might be a joke.  I can see Sheldon having a real struggle with every day/type/place and she says something about a cliff so she can throw herself in.  The conversation could be hysterical.

I'm thinking Amy's birthday/Halley's 1st birthday and a combined celebration. Maybe they can have the second baby arrive that day too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

It's the Halloween costume whiteboard all over again.  Compromise has never been one of Sheldon's stronger suits.

Prediction?....If we are looking at the sweeps periods for this broadcast year, the season 11 finale could work, the anniversary of when they first met, but I think that they may throw us for a loop and go for a Shamy Valentine's wedding opening up the remainder of Season 11 for other stories.

Lol.  Absolutely could see a whiteboard with all 365 days crossed out one at a time for various reasons like average rainfall or temperature. 

25 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I'm thinking Amy's birthday/Halley's 1st birthday and a combined celebration. Maybe they can have the second baby arrive that day too.

Sheldon does like to celebrate Amy's birthday.:icon_redface:

• Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Lol.  Absolutely could see a whiteboard with all 365 days crossed out one at a time for various reasons like average rainfall or temperature. 

Sheldon does like to celebrate Amy's birthday.:icon_redface:

i am going for amy birthday too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Time for my periodic vote in favor of elopement.

Judging from the few spoilers we got so far, that ship is sailing at this point, not sure amy will settle for an elopement when her first choice is a wedding by the ocean, and we don't know what was sheldon's counter-proposal. But...hey, shamy are good at negotiation, you'll never know!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Judging from the few spoilers we got so far, that ship is sailing at this point, not sure amy will settle for an elopement when her first choice is a wedding by the ocean, and we don't know what was sheldon's counter-proposal. But...hey, shamy are good at negotiation, you'll never know!

Just wait for some family involvement. They may run for it. As long as they run together in the same direction all will be good..

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Sailing - not literally when anything involves Sheldon but it could be on board the Napa Valley train.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why not set up a poll like the competitions we've just had for favourite episodes  but for speculating on possible times, places, numbers and styles of wedding ?

For instance we could vote for the wedding taking place on the planned date, or early like Howardette because of an emergency - or late, or sudden elopement like Lenny. Not to mention speculating on the planned date - anniversary of moving in together, Amy's birthday, coffee shop anniversary, prom night ILYs'  anniversary etc. How many weddings, whether it'll be all as arranged followed by uneventful reception,  one formal ceremony followed by a reception at a later date like Howardette or two ceremonies and a small dinner beforehand like Lenny, or three ceremonies and two receptions. Stag night before the wedding  like Howard or after the wedding like Leonard. We have just GOT to have a stag night for Sheldon at some point, drunk or not.  Hen night like Bernie or no hen night like Penny. Presents like Howardette or no presents  ( so far as we know, apart from Sheldon's ) like Lenny. 

Then who will marry them, Stephen Hawking, the lady who turned away Howardette, or a Spock impersonator. The list goes on. I'm sure there could be many additions. 

A poll could keep the nerves at bay while we are waiting. Mods what do you think ? Have you got time ? If not, how about a speculation thread with drawings by those who can do such things ? 

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 3

12 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Why not set up a poll like the competitions we've just had for favourite episodes  but for speculating on possible times, places, numbers and styles of wedding ?

For instance we could vote for the wedding taking place on the planned date, or early like Howardette because of an emergency - or late, or sudden elopement like Lenny. Not to mention speculating on the planned date - anniversary of moving in together, Amy's birthday, coffee shop anniversary, prom night ILYs'  anniversary etc. How many weddings, whether it'll be all as arranged followed by uneventful reception,  one formal ceremony followed by a reception at a later date like Howardette or two ceremonies and a small dinner beforehand like Lenny, or three ceremonies and two receptions. Stag night before the wedding  like Howard or after the wedding like Leonard. We have just GOT to have a stag night for Sheldon at some point, drunk or not.  Hen night like Bernie or no hen night like Penny. Presents like Howardette or no presents  ( so far as we know, apart from Sheldon's ) like Lenny. 

Then who will marry them, Stephen Hawking, the lady who turned away Howardette, or a Spock impersonator. The list goes on. I'm sure there could be many additions. 

A poll could keep the nerves at bay while we are waiting. Mods what do you think ? Have you got time ? If not, how about a speculation thread with drawings by those who can do such things ? 

Good idea! I think we can continue do it in the Shamy thread...Not sure if we can create polls inside threads, but we can, for example, set a theme and people speculate about it for a given period of time. I can help collecting the results in the end. When 11.3 airs, or as the show continues to speak about Shamy preparations, we can see who was closer to the final outcome.

Yesterday, we spoke about wedding dates, and there have been some suggestions, we can continue speculating about that for today and then pass to other subjects, like location, big-vs-small wedding, etc. Thoughts?

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Good idea! I think we can continue do it in the Shamy thread...Not sure if we can create polls inside threads, but we can, for example, set a theme and people speculate about it for a given period of time. I can help collecting the results in the end. When 11.3 airs, or as the show continues to speak about Shamy preparations, we can see who was closer to the final outcome.

Yesterday, we spoke about wedding dates, and there have been some suggestions, we can continue speculating about that for today and then pass to other subjects, like location, big-vs-small wedding, etc. Thoughts?

Speculating ( it is always so good!) I see shamy being in bridezilla and groomzilla mode as they could get married in a vintage full function train. Amy would be wearing her cute and gorgeous very wedding style dress and her tiara as a bright and wicked grin would not leave her face most of time as she would say her priceless romantic bride vows.

Sheldon would be wearing a very nice and fiting groom suit, which Amy would hint  she would make a certain train conductor dream be for real in the time they would have their first married night, lol! His groom vows would be the most scientifical love declaration ever.Their eyes would hold  so much love as they stared at each other and a sweet and passionate Shamy kiss would seal their love for ever and ever!

Gosh, I got a bit tearyeyed, could not help myself...❤

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 4

Ok -  if we do in fact get a date set in the episode just taped them I think it'll be the 250th which is during November sweeps yes ?? Or the ep after sweeps ??? I can't quite work that out !

however if we aren't told a date yet - then I think it'll be towards the end of season 11 maybe even the last episode :) 

EDIT - ignore me and my crap thinking today - I clearly had a brain fart lol - see @mirs1 's post below - makes much more sense !!!! Haha !! 

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Ok -  if we do in fact get a date set in the episode just taped them I think it'll be the 250th which is during November sweeps yes ?? Or the ep after sweeps ??? I can't quite work that out !

however if we aren't told a date yet - then I think it'll be towards the end of season 11 maybe even the last episode :) 

The 250th episode should be 11.19, so it would air in late march/early april, more or less...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

The 250th episode should be 11.19, so it would air in late march/early april, more or less...

Of course you're right, I don't know what I was thinking lol - then that's defiantly my guess I think. 

November sweeps is too soon I think .......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

There's just a part of me - ideally, my brain - that senses that a wedding would be too much for Sheldon.  That he'll bolt. 

Well, in 11.3 apparently he starts to feel some pressure, with setting a date and with Amy  proposing that ideous ''cliff'' wedding. Let's see how he handles it. I think that, as always, after he gets used to the idea and compromises with Amy on a more Shamy-friendly wedding he will be fine...

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

There's just a part of me - ideally, my brain - that senses that a wedding would be too much for Sheldon.  That he'll bolt. 

Or faint. And a drink is not the answer!

Sheldon: I was valedictorian and expected to give an address. Even now, I can remember that moment when I walked up to the podium and looked out at the crowd. There must have been thousands of people. My heart started pounding in my chest. I began to hyperventilate. My vision became blurry, and before I knew it… oh, dear. (He faints.)

Penny: Oh, my God.

Leonard: Sheldon? Sheldon, are you okay?

Sheldon: Don’t trample me.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I'm not sure why he would. I mean if there's something wrong with the size of the event or whatever I'm sure it'll come up during the planning phase. I expect if anything comes up that'll hinder Sheldon to go through with the ceremony it'll come up then and maybe that'll make them elope in the next courthouse.

But once he makes it to the altar I'm pretty sure he won't bolt.

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Sheldon may take time to take some decisions or be stubborn about giving a try to what is new for him but when he is decided to make something, he usually doesn't give up or regrett it. He tries really hard if it is needed for his and Amy behalf.  Besides, he and Amy have been honest to each other as something is too much for one of them before so I see them to reach a balance about what they want for their wedding that would please both. It is not like he doesnt compromise with Amy or doesnt care for what she wants or feels as he truly proved the contrary in s10 as they started to live together. He will be always Sheldon but he is not that selfish man he used to be for his fears and phobias anymore. He now knows as long he and Amy are both happy, even the worst issue has always a solution. Surely setting the wedding arrangements for both enjoy it wont be a big deal for there would be a chance  they could not be in same page about their wedding as he could do something he would regrett. He wont do that as he is in a relationship with Amy because he wishes it as much as Amy and because he loves her truly undoubtely as deep as Amy loves him. The arrangements could be a mixing of laughs, quirkiness and cuteness. But surely it would not be something shamy would get in end unnhappy about  or unconfortable with.

Edited by spidergirl
Setence improved
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 2

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Oh goodness, I can't wait that long !!! My poor fingernails.  There's far too much time for things to go wrong. :superstition: I'd have to start on my toenails.  

There's the first anniversary of their moving in together experiment to come soon, and then Amy's and Halley's birthday. In between those it'll be a year since Amy said she wasn't ready to start a family. All better for my nerves than waiting till the new year. What about them wanting to do it before Bernadette becomes too unavailable ?  Or, how about some drama around the birth of Howardette's second baby on the Shamy wedding day, or even at the wedding ?   I'm out of  any other timing ideas that haven't passed already, such as  Amy's predicted ' Exactly four years' plus six months to allow for the break-up.

3 minutes ago, April said:

The shirt is killing me! LMAO

I guess Princeton Comic Books Stores are not as equipped as the ones where Sheldon usually shops...Or, since the pic is taken after the dinner with Amy'c colleagues, he wanted a more "formal" outfit, LOL!

• Haha 3