[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

I am with you on this. It is enough of more shamy milestones on Amy's Birthday,lol! There are a few good options that have been pointed out in our poll. Hopefully writers would pick one of them!

Yeah I mean the milestones are great, just it feels odd to me that they all seem to fall on that day.

• Like 5

I sure as hell wouldn't want to get married on my birthday!    And besides I think it will be a date where all the cast will be involved therefore you have to consider Melissa.  She's due in the fall which would be when they'd tape the episode that would fall on Amy's birthday.  She's going to be on maternity leave right after for at least 6 weeks.  Too much could happen and risk re-writes.  And last, too repeatative.  We've done this "Amy's birthday episode" twice already.  Third time would be overkill imo.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I sure as hell wouldn't want to get married on my birthday!    And besides I think it will be a date where all the cast will be involved therefore you have to consider Melissa.  She's due in the fall which would be when they'd tape the episode that would fall on Amy's birthday.  She's going to be on maternity leave right after for at least 6 weeks.  Too much could happen and risk re-writes.  And last, too repeatative.  We've done this "Amy's birthday episode" twice already.  Third time would be overkill imo.

Totally agree!

I would hope that also in-story Sheldon and Amy know better now than to plan anything around the time of Bernie's due date. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Koala Face 2

If they tape an episode for Amy's birthday it will be around the beginning of December. Melissa's real life baby will be about two months old if all goes well. Goodness knows when they'll write-in the birth of Howardette's new baby. By the story timetable it should arrive about February, but we all know how far guessing about that date got us last time. :)

• Like 1

I would separate the baby wolowitz no.2 storyline from the wedding, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bernie goes into labor at their wedding. Underwhelming weddings is their track record on this show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Just now, joyceraye said:

If they tape an episode for Amy's birthday it will be around the beginning of December. Melissa's real life baby will be about two months old if all goes well. Goodness knows when they'll write-in the birth of Howardette's new baby. By the story timetable it should arrive about February, but we all know how far guessing about that date got us last time. :)

The December episodes are taped in November. In December they're taping the episodes for January.

Melissa's baby is said to be due in Autumn which could be anything from mid September to mid December so it's hard to tell which episodes she'll be missing out. I'm sure the writers have a more concrete date to work with.

We don't have a story time table here btw. Last time we knew she must've gotten pregnant in January because of the Valentine's episode allowing us to make some estimates - which then were thrown out of the window anyway. This year we'll have the visual of Melissa's real life baby bump so that might indicate Bernie could have the baby around the same time and then just let the character spend time off screen because she needs rest herself (maybe yelling for Howard occasionally like his mother used to do) and be done with it.

But either way, the chances of Melissa missing out on the December episodes is actually relatively big unless she's giving birth surprisingly soon.

With that in mind and to get back on topic of speculating about Shamy's wedding date: Assuming the writers wouldn't want to include a big show milestone at a point where Melissa would be missing it my guess would be that the wedding won't be happening anywhere around the episodes filmed in October/November.

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 2

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yeah I mean the milestones are great, just it feels odd to me that they all seem to fall on that day.

It's because they decided to make Amy's birthday fall on the opening night of a new, long-awaited Star Wars film. They then thought it was funny for Sheldon to misunderstand what a birthday suit was on his own birthday, thus raising the profile of  Amy's birthday activity. Then they thought it would be even funnier if they confirmed after many months that Shamy only intended ever to have coitus on December 17th every year, with delays on the first anniversary being caused by somebody being in labour two months later than she should have been. May 4th, which co-incided with Dr Jeffries'  funeral day, or pi-day 14th March by American digits could have just as easily been used. The idea behind 17/12/15 was to keep the others occupied elsewhere while Shamy were busy, and 17/12/16 was to keep everybody focussed on the main event, an ensemble episode almost, with the gang meeting together while Howardette were tied up.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Ok, guys, a little recap for the Shamy wedding date poll, if somebody else wants to place their bet, have at it!

February 14, 2018             3 votes

250th episode                    2 votes

Season 11 finale                 2 votes

Amy's/Halley's birthday      2 votes

March 14, 2018                  1 vote

November sweeps             1 vote

Did you get my november sweeps?

On 01 settembre 2017 at 10:14 AM, mirs1 said:

POLL UPDATE:

Amy's/Halley's birthday    6 votes

250th episode                    4 votes

February 14, 2018             3 votes

Season 11 finale                3 votes

November sweeps            1 vote

If you haven't casted your prediction yet, go ahead! If there are new votes coming, I'll update the poll tomorrow morning, otherwise, if you are on board for this, we can start another poll. The venue, maybe? This is fun!

POLL UPDATE N. 2

Amy's/Halley's birthday    6 votes

250th episode                    5 votes

February 14, 2018             4 votes

Season 11 finale                3 votes

November sweeps            1 vote

@spidergirl, @Sah your votes have been counted...

If you want, we can start another poll at this point, since just a new vote was casted for this one; anyway, if I see some other votes for the WEDDING DATE POLL, I'll post an update...Which topic, if any, would you like next?

Edited by mirs1
Added Stephen Hawking's vote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So it looks like (with votes still to come in maybe) that people think it's going to be another Amy's birthday milestone? I can totally see it.

Well, Jonny, I wouldn't call this a statistically relevant poll, there are just 20 votes, we are having some fun before the  season officially starts. On the contrary, you can say that 14 people out of 20 think the wedding won't happen on Amy's birthday, we just don't agree on the alternative date!

So...next poll is: WEDDING THEME! And...discuss! Just a little rule, if you list different possible themes, unless you make very clear which one you prefer, the first one you mention will be counted as your vote in the poll.

• Like 5

Dr Who, because it's old enough for the parents and grandparents to recognise. If Amy wears a copy of Sarah Jane's dress from Pyramids of Mars, her dad won't feel silly with her on his arm. Sheldon can wear any of the suits that look respectable enough, such as Patrick Troughton's. This way they'll please everybody on both sides.

Edited by joyceraye
punctuation
  • Like 2

Harry Potter. Because it is a universe both enjoy and the Howgarts express could be that kind of train Amy would be into as much as Sheldon is for most of trains. Besides it would allow the best wedding night about bedroom clothes they would wear, lol!

The tiara would be there too, course. Besides ,  there was a tiara in HP books too so it would be fitting about their personal tastes and to the wedding theme.

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

I'll go with "no particular theme", in the sense that I think there will be some quirky things, like part of the vows in Klingon or some decorations  with the colours of the Hogwartz hauses, but overall it will be a pretty simple ceremony.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I'll go with "no particular theme", in the sense that I think there will be some quirky things, like part of the vows in Klingon or some decorations  with the colours of the Hogwartz hauses, but overall it will be a pretty simple ceremony.

It is a good chance of happening. Some things Sheldon enjoy, a few others Amy enjoy. I see it happening too.

I forgot to say that I dont think  it will be  big wedding. I see it simple and well balanced about their personal tastes.

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

How about a Rennaisance era themed wedding for Amy and Doctor Who for Sheldon. Is it possible to combine the two? I haven't watch Doctor Who but from how it is insinuated in tbbt and in other fanfiction that i read,  it looks like the doctor is time-travelling in different era. It can also look like a wedding scene in Amy's fanfiction. Maybe Amy can secretly put some details from her fanfiction without Sheldon realizing it. Then it could look like a happy ending in her fan fiction that was once in her imagination. 

I hope its okay to just join in your discussion like this. I apologize if its not, just cant help myself.  

Edited by TBBTFanatic_Grace
  • Koala Face 3
  • It's a Tiara 2

21 minutes ago, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

How about a Rennaisance era themed wedding for Amy and Doctor Who for Sheldon. Is it possible to combine the two? I haven't watch Doctor Who but from how it is insinuated in tbbt and in other fanfiction that i read,  it looks like the doctor is time-travelling in different era. It can also look like a wedding scene in Amy's fanfiction. Maybe Amy can secretly put some details from her fanfiction without Sheldon realizing it. Then it could look like a happy ending in her fan fiction that was once in her imagination. 

I hope its okay to just join in your discussion like this. I apologize if its not, just cant help myself.  

Of course it's ok, we are sharing our ideas about Shamy wedding, the more the merrier! It's actually more or less what I expect for them, the wedding will be something both of them want and it will resemble both of them them.

For the sake of simplicity, in the poll I'll summarize your choice (and maybe other will make a similar one) as "Mixed theme", what do you think?

As for your vote about the wedding date, it's counted, tomorrow I'll update the poll, together with the results of this one, if there are enough votes.

BTW, @Stephen Hawking, is Dr. Who your choice too?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Of course it's ok, we are sharing our ideas about Shamy wedding, the more the merrier! It's actually more or less what I expect for them, the wedding will be something both of them want and it will resemble both of them them.

For the sake of simplicity, in the poll I'll summarize your choice (and maybe other will make a similar one) as "Mixed theme", what do you think?

As for your vote about the wedding date, it's counted, tomorrow I'll update the poll, together with the results of this one, if there are enough votes.

BTW, @Stephen Hawking, is Dr. Who your choice too?

Yes. Its okay to categorized it in the Mixed theme. Thank you. 

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

44 minutes ago, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

I like your sugestion very much as I can see it happening for them.

And welcome to our  discussion about shamy wedding theme. And everytime you feel you have ideas or thoughts to share, please do. We are all here for discussing our adorkable ship :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1