[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

The IG fan art work under the tag #TBBTS11 have already a few amazing drawings. It is so nice to see how much shamy is loved and inspire so many fans! There are a few different  drawing styles that make this fan art work collection really interisting and sweet. Bless Mayim for such a great idea for entertain fans until Sep 25! <3

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Hoping we get some interviews to get the buzz really going before it airs because honestly I am just not feeling the excitement right now.

I think if we are lucky we may get a couple of interviews, perhaps one with Jim and Mayim quotes and maybe one with the new show-runner but I am not expecting a great deal. They quite frankly (the show) don't put the effort in these days to publicize their 'Golden Goose' (beware of killing the Goose that laid the Golden Eggs!) and with another project coming out at the same time their focus might be even more on that so we may only get bits and pieces.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Hoping we get some interviews to get the buzz really going before it airs because honestly I am just not feeling the excitement right now.

I think if we are lucky we may get a couple of interviews, perhaps one with Jim and Mayim quotes and maybe one with the new show-runner but I am not expecting a great deal. They quite frankly (the show) don't put the effort in these days to publicize their 'Golden Goose' (beware of killing the Goose that laid the Golden Eggs!) and with another project coming out at the same time their focus might be even more on that so we may only get bits and pieces.

I tend to see the glass half full, in this case...It's not like last season they went out of their way to promote the premiere, at least YS can provide some more opportunities to do so, with (I would assume) some questions or at least mentions of the main show,  when the new one is advertised. I think TBBT should re-think their marketing strategy, they are relying too much in the popularity if the show, but that was a mess well before YS was in the works.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I tend to see the glass half-empty, in this case...It's not like last season they went out of their way to promote the new season, at least YS can provide some more opportunities to do so, with (I would assume) some questions or at least mentions of the main show,  when the new one is advertised. I think TBBT should re-think their marketing strategy, they are relying too much in the popularity if the show, but that was a mess well before YS was in the works.

Agreed. Although I think it is a good idea and it makes all sense to promote YS linked to Tbbt, imo it has been more to use the details about Sheldon from tbbt for bring viewers to YS. There is nothing so far imo very useful in these promotions for tbbt audience which is reasonable as what is going on in future Sheldon doesnt change anything at all in child Sheldon. I am interested to watch YS but I wish badly they could do a nice tbbt promotion about Shamy 's next steps in their relationship and also about other characters fates. It is a pity indeed the lack of interviews about some of milestones shamy had reached lately. I hope they surprise us before Set 25 but tbh my expectations are less than 50 % on that. I would be happy if I was wrong though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

29 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Agreed. Although I think it is a good idea and it makes all sense to promote YS linked to Tbbt, imo it has been more to use the details about Sheldon from tbbt for bring viewers to YS. There is nothing so far imo very useful in these promotions for tbbt audience which is reasonable as what is going on in future Sheldon doesnt change anything at all in child Sheldon. I am interested to watch YS but I wish badly they could do a nice tbbt promotion about Shamy 's next steps in their relationship and also about other characters fates. It is a pity indeed the lack of interviews about some of milestones shamy had reached lately. I hope they surprise us before Set 25 but tbh my expectations are less than 50 % on that. I would be happy if I was wrong though.

I think some of the YS promotion might help the main show too. Obviously, none of that is useful for us, hard-core Shamy fans, we need Majim interviews, spoilers and so  on. But among casual viewers it might be more effective. In every interview about YS the main show gets mentioned, and there's the basic info that it starts on September 25th. I also expect Jim to be in some TV-shows to advertise both shows in the following weeks. It's more than we got last year, when the promotion started shortly before the premiere (and I guess this year it will be the same) and wasn't that massive. I would love more hard-core fans devoted advertising, I think we deserve that, fingers crossed!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think some of the YS promotion might help the main show too. Obviously, none of that is useful for us, hard-core Shamy fans, we need Majim interviews, spoilers and so  on. But among casual viewers it might be more effective. In every interview about YS the main show gets mentioned, and there's the basic info that it starts on September 25th. I also expect Jim to be in some TV-shows to advertise both shows in the following weeks. It's more than we got last year, when the promotion started shortly before the premiere (and I guess this year it will be the same) and wasn't that massive.I would love more hard-core fans devoted advertising, I think we deserve that, fingers crossed!

Me too! How come a shamy  proposal whose answer was pending for 4 months did not make a massive amount of interviews from everyone involved? I know, these days casual viewers apparently mean more because us we are granted. But it would not hurt if they teased the audience about the Amy's answer and spoke about what show characters had anchieved through the years. Oh well as I am crazy about watching actors speaking about their characters and for speculating about what s next, I understand why a 10 years show might not need much of that.  I as fan I would love they had kept that spirit though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I think some of the YS promotion might help the main show too. Obviously, none of that is useful for us, hard-core Shamy fans, we need Majim interviews, spoilers and so  on. But among casual viewers it might be more effective. In every interview about YS the main show gets mentioned, and there's the basic info that it starts on September 25th. I also expect Jim to be in some TV-shows to advertise both shows in the following weeks. It's more than we got last year, when the promotion started shortly before the premiere (and I guess this year it will be the same) and wasn't that massive. I would love more hard-core fans devoted advertising, I think we deserve that, fingers crossed!

Ooooh I'm desperate for some MaJim interviews !!!!

and honestly if they don't do a new cast pic soon I may have a toddler style tantrum and throw my toys out the pram - I mean come on peeps !!!!!!......then again maybe they're waiting for one with Amy wearing her ring !!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Ooooh I'm desperate for some MaJim interviews !!!!

and honestly if they don't do a new cast pic soon I may have a toddler style tantrum and throw my toys out the pram - I mean come on peeps !!!!!!......then again maybe they're waiting for one with Amy wearing her ring !!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee ! 

That would be so awesome!! ❤

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I tend to see the glass half full, in this case...It's not like last season they went out of their way to promote the premiere, at least YS can provide some more opportunities to do so, with (I would assume) some questions or at least mentions of the main show,  when the new one is advertised.

At this point I am not optimistic about too much. I think they are dragging this show out way too far and I am not interested in the slightest in Young Sheldon. But we shall see.

thisispiss.jpg

Oh that look. : (  (Mayim, you're so clever !) What she's going through. Poor girl.  I want to put my arms round Amy as if I were her mum and give her a cuddle. She knows what Sheldon's like but it can still hurt her, his behaviour. So many things to think about, up and down in less than five seconds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Sheldon  and Amy scenes where they are alone turn to be always the best! <3

I am so looking forward to group scenes in Season 11, but the S/A scenes in Season 10 were so well written and played by Jim/Mayim.  I can't wait to see what they are going to do with the engagement storyline.

• Like 7
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Amy, relax... in two weeks Sheldon had ended that phone call and you will be Sheldon Cooper' s fianceé! ❤

61b602c3-73bd-4174-947c-2c0ff00b5be0.gif

Mayim has the best facial expressions. Lol 

It's not long now:icon_biggrin: 

43 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I am so looking forward to group scenes in Season 11, but the S/A scenes in Season 10 were so well written and played by Jim/Mayim.  I can't wait to see what they are going to do with the engagement storyline.

I am really looking forward to the engagement storyline as well. I agree, I throughly enjoyed the season 10 Sheldon and Amy scenes. I love the chemistry between Jim and Mayim. I don't know if they even like each other in real life, but on camera they are awesome. I didn't even start watching  till March on a plane. I enjoyed the whole season so much I have spent most of the summer catching up. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Carey said:

Mayim has the best facial expressions. Lol 

It's not long now:icon_biggrin: 

I am really looking forward to the engagement storyline as well. I agree, I throughly enjoyed the season 10 Sheldon and Amy scenes. I love the chemistry between Jim and Mayim. I don't know if they even like each other in real life, but on camera they are awesome. I didn't even start watching  till March on a plane. I enjoyed the whole season so much I have spent most of the summer catching up. 

Jim and Mayim get along very well. Their friendship is one of things that had made shamy being more special on screen through the years . Both are undeniably very talented actors and have an incredibly chemestry as shamy. They had spoken in interviews or in public appearances  about how they had prepared a few shamy milestones scenes and the fact their are friends had helped to perform the scenes in the best sync way. Imo shamy could not be better performed by anyone else but by Jim and Mayim. <3

Btw, I am also a late tbbt viewer. I started to watch by friends recommendation around the time of s8. I had catched up with all seasons for two months and then I suffered like every shamy fan the tough impact of s8 final while we waited  for s9 premiere.

It has been an incredibly and exciting journey for a shamy fan, hasn't it? :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Happy taping day, shamies! 

I have missed so much these two... :wub:

the-big-bang-theory.png.a1cd27d8795fb9958f0957cb96710ab7.png

Happy Taping Day !!!! Woooohooooo !!

Me too - I can't wait till 25th Sept to see their faces again ! It's so exciting !! - not long now !

It so quiet in here, we're needing a new Shamy fix, Oh and a new MaJim selfie would be greatly appreciated :) :icon_wink:

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 3

Happy taping day!!

I am so excited to get some juicy tidbits about episode 11.4. I wonder if we will get a little bit more wedding talk from Shamy. Also on my wish list would be a Fun With Flags, working together again on the project or conversing in bed about their day. 

And @Spidergirl I am also desperate from some fun behind the scenes Shamy pictures! It has been too long!!

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

12 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

So the taping last night had not much shamy goodness but I really enjoyed how it sounded. Howard and Sheldon imo always do nice and funny scenes and our Sheldon drives a car!! Can not wait for watch the whole thing!

Here is the report made by the generous @NotWonderland shared in DT

Thoughts? :)

Not much Shamy but Sheldon drives for the first time since he got his drivers license and we have some sassy Amy in the mix...all of it sounds pretty awesome to me!

• Like 3