[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

19 hours ago, spidergirl said:

The sneak peeks  for 11.02 are out, shamies!

Sheldon's hint about who could be the pregnant lady while the gang was together in 4 A as Penny could be who was expecting made me laugh,lol!

And was only me who thought for 1 nanosecond he could have  meant Amy? Please no, writers! Not right now, it could be for next season, please. I love children but I enjoy more to see right now everything I can about shamy as couple and as scientists. There is so much to do before Cooper Fowler babies, hehe!

I thought Sheldon was looking at Amy for a split second as well when he says that. Haha! No Cooper babies needed yet!

17 hours ago, shamytbbt said:

:girlinlove: yes! and thanks!! Oh, i'm crazy about GoT..haha. I talk about GoT theories pretty much 24 hours per day. <3 And i'm also a big jonerys shipper. Thanks, and i'm glad you like it <3 talking about GoT..there is a video on youtube with all the GoT references in TBBT..pretty great video! Never forget that episode when sheldon and leonard had a fight about jon snow's longclaw. haha 

Oh, yes i will.. I will first make the gifset in tumblr..then i will post here..<3 :dancer:

and thanks. i'm a bigger GoT and jonerys fan. :girlinlove:

:girlinlove: thanks!! btw, the shamy community on tumblr is also so creative and full of love..its amazing. thanks again.

And i'm glad you liked my avatar. <333

Thanks!! :girlinlove:

Never seen one Game of Thrones episode, haha! But I love TBBT and always glad to meet a fellow Shamy Shipper! So welcome!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sah said:

I thought Sheldon was looking at Amy for a split second as well when he says that. Haha! No Cooper babies needed yet!

Never seen one Game of Thrones episode, haha! But I love TBBT and always glad to meet a fellow Shamy Shipper! So welcome!

Wow, really?? never saw a episode? your really should. GoT is for me one of the best shows off all time, and one of the best in the entire world. Once you start watching, you can't stop. Also, yes: the books. :)  

and yes, i saw the same. Sheldon really thought of amy for a second when they talked about the pregnancy there haha. and yes i agree, too soon for shamy babies..but who knows next season right...

7 hours ago, Carey said:

When I saw the episodes with MeeMaw/Randal I had no preconceived ideas about the characters. The reason why is that I had at that point watched minimal shows. The ones I had seen I had only watched once. With that being said I didn't care for MeeMaw either.  The reasons being is the same as already stated. She treated Sheldon like a child. I cringed when she told him to leave and let the adults talk. The difference between what MeeMaw did and Amy did for me is that MeeMaw was attempting to exclude him from a situation that has a direct impact on his life. Where Amy was attempting to draw his attention to his inept social skills. Now I didn't like it because she  to was treating him like a child but I understood it.  I also didn't like the blurting out about the ring.  That was just mean.  Randal I didn't mind, in fact I probably laughed at him the most during the episode.  While we are talking about that episode I also didn't like Sheldon becoming part of the ceremony at the end.  

Welcome @shamytbbt

Thanks! :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jonny said:

In terms of Meemaw I had kind of expected she might be a bit hostile and in 'sizing Amy up' mode when she arrived. Sheldon is her grandson she is bound to be protective and have a bias towards him even if she doesn't have all the facts.

I've heard this as lot and I don't understand it. It gives me the impression that all she knew of Amy was that Amy had hurt Sheldon, which is not true. She and Amy must have gotten to know each other long distance at least to some point, because she gave Amy Sheldon's favorite Christmas cookie recipe. And heaven knows, the woman must know deep down how difficult Sheldon can be at times.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I've heard this as lot and I don't understand it. It gives me the impression that all she knew of Amy was that Amy had hurt Sheldon, which is not true. She and Amy must have gotten to know each other long distance at least to some point, because she gave Amy Sheldon's favorite Christmas cookie recipe. And heaven knows, the woman must know deep down how difficult Sheldon can be at times.

Well, we don't know who exactly gave Amy the recipe cause all she said was that she "called and got the recipe" but didn't say who she talked to. For all we know Amy called Mary and she gave it to her (I would expect Mary to know her mother's cookie recipe, especially if it's Sheldon's favourite).

Also, do not underestimate a grandma's love and willingness to turn a blind eye on her grandson's faults. First and foremost she seems to adore Sheldon as much as he does her so knowing Amy hurt her Moonpie is probably enough to agitate her. But I also see a bit of arrogance in her in that she herself had a difficult husband but didn't leave him so she's probably thinking "how dare Amy leave Sheldon on a whim" and all that. Not saying she's right to think that but it sure wouldn't be the first time a girlfriend has a hard time with the future family in law because they think the world or their boy. ugh

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

10 hours ago, shamytbbt said:

and yes, i saw the same. Sheldon really thought of amy for a second when they talked about the pregnancy there haha. and yes i agree, too soon for shamy babies..but who knows next season right...

It is one of the things I think it is very likely to see in end of the show from a flashback. For me it would be nice to have a sneak peek about their child or who knows children. I would not need to see they growing up because imo there are things for a viewer that is enough to know they happened. 

Or they could not have children and adopt one or not adopt at all. As long as shamy is happy together, it is my biggest wish for them :)

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

14 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I got the strong impression that Amy and Meemaw had never interacted before their meeting and that like April said that one time about the cookie recipe she could have got that from Mary who likely would know the recipe herself and likely had made them for her 3 kids growing up at some point.

She pretty much acknowledged that Sheldon can be difficult but Sheldon is her Grandson she will always be protective.

I'm not massively keen to see her again but maybe she does turn up for the wedding? I'm hoping if she does she will be there to celebrate their union and be happy for BOTH of them.

If they have a storyline where they kill her off then the audience will probably need tissues, it would be a heavy emotional episode for sure considering how much he adores his grandmother.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

It is one of the things I think it is very likely to see in end of the show from a flashback. For me it would be nice to have a sneak peek about their child or who knows children. I would not need to see they growing up because imo there are things for a viewer that is enough to know they happened. 

Or they could not have children and adopt one or not adopt at all. As long as shamy is happy together, it is my biggest wish for them :)

It would be wonderful for a child who was like them and unhappily stranded among mocking peers in the care system, 'buried with inferior minds' as Jane Eyre put it, to be rescued and found a home with people who understood her/him. However, with all those restraining orders Sheldon would probably not be accepted as an adoptive parent, so they'll have to breed their own if they want one.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, joyceraye said:

However, with all those restraining orders Sheldon would probably not be accepted as an adoptive parent

And, with his nut allergy, transient idiopathic arrhythmia, and who knows what other medical conditions, Howard would not be accepted as an astronaut, but he was.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

On 9/29/2017 at 5:17 PM, April said:

Well, we don't know who exactly gave Amy the recipe cause all she said was that she "called and got the recipe" but didn't say who she talked to. For all we know Amy called Mary and she gave it to her (I would expect Mary to know her mother's cookie recipe, especially if it's Sheldon's favourite).

Also, do not underestimate a grandma's love and willingness to turn a blind eye on her grandson's faults. First and foremost she seems to adore Sheldon as much as he does her so knowing Amy hurt her Moonpie is probably enough to agitate her. But I also see a bit of arrogance in her in that she herself had a difficult husband but didn't leave him so she's probably thinking "how dare Amy leave Sheldon on a whim" and all that. Not saying she's right to think that but it sure wouldn't be the first time a girlfriend has a hard time with the future family in law because they think the world or their boy. ugh

I just don't know anymore. If I wanted a recipe I'd get it from the source. Mary could have given it to her, I suppose, but in my family unique family recipes were not shared without permission. I didn't make my mom's fruit salad recipe until after she was dead. She would have been furious. And I do have grandkids, and I love them, just as I loved my own kids, so I do not underestimate that love but I wasn't a mom who thought her little darlings never did anything wrong and I'm not that kind of grandma either so that is also out of my experience. I would have assumed Meemaw would be as pleased as Mary that Sheldon had  real girlfriend, as opposed to something whipped up in a lab. The idea of him actually having a girlfriend has been portrayed as a thing of wonder many times. You are 100% right that she came off as arrogant, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the husband or not, and I thought she was totally unlike what they had previously described her as being. Of course when you have 19  or so minutes in an ep, you can't develop a character well. I am not sure why they went with that particular storyline and I just wish they had not.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I just don't know anymore. If I wanted a recipe I'd get it from the source. Mary could have given it to her, I suppose, but in my family unique family recipes were not shared without permission. I didn't make my mom's fruit salad recipe until after she was dead. She would have been furious.

Seriously?? That seems a bit dramatic but uhm, okay, if that's how your family rolls more power to you.

In my family recipes are shared freely. My grandma worked as a cook for quite some time and is also great at baking. She taught my mom well and my mom is happily sharing the goods with me as well. I'm sure if my husband asked either of them for a recipe to surprise me he'd get it without fuss. More good food for everyone! lol

And I do have grandkids, and I love them, just as I loved my own kids, so I do not underestimate that love but I wasn't a mom who thought her little darlings never did anything wrong and I'm not that kind of grandma either so that is also out of my experience. I would have assumed Meemaw would be as pleased as Mary that Sheldon had  real girlfriend, as opposed to something whipped up in a lab. The idea of him actually having a girlfriend has been portrayed as a thing of wonder many times.

I got the impression that Meemaw's thoughts about Sheldon are more idealised than Mary's down to earth approach. And while that may not be the case with your family personally it's not a completely unusual phenomenon. There are literally support groups out there cause so many women have problems with their in-laws, usually the mother but sometimes also the grandmother of the man. They give the woman the feeling that not matter what she does she isn't good enough for their golden boy and the conflict between Meemaw and Amy seemed to tap into that. Not just that Amy hurt Sheldon with the breakup but also putting her down in front of Penny and Leonard is pretty typical behaviour for that kind of issue.

(I just hope when the time comes I won't end up like this. lol)

You are 100% right that she came off as arrogant, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the husband or not,

When Amy explained how difficult Sheldon can be Meemaw literally replied to her that her husband was difficult, too. So I got the feeling it has a lot to do with it.

and I thought she was totally unlike what they had previously described her as being. Of course when you have 19  or so minutes in an ep, you can't develop a character well. I am not sure why they went with that particular storyline and I just wish they had not.

Keep in mind Sheldon is an unreliable narrator here. His Meemaw might be a nice old lady in his eyes cause she's nice towards him (and it was true in this episode as well in that she brought him a present he absolutely loved) but that doesn't say much about her behaviour towards others, especially when viewed through the eyes of someone with the level of social ineptitude that Sheldon displays.

Edited by April
  • Like 2

On 30/09/2017 at 3:57 AM, spidergirl said:

Agree. what you guys think about another shamy dancing scene on the show like this one:girlinlove:

tumblr_op32hftQFr1v42h4uo3_400.gif

tumblr_op4ik9aFZp1w09xaqo1_400.gif

tumblr_op4ik9aFZp1w09xaqo2_400.gif

Edited by shamytbbt
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

Very nice episode, I laughed out loud all the time, probably I woke up all my neighborhood! Shamy were very cute in the cold open, they were really in sync and happy. I liked that Amy whispered at his ear to be nice to Leonard and Sheldon immediately did it, as he trusted her judgement in those matters. In the subsequent scene in 4B, when Amy told him about her new equipment was not as bad as I thought. It was "classic" Sheldon, I guess. It got uglier off screen, as Amy tells Bernie later. Obviously, he was in the middle of a professional crisis, and he is not good at sharing the spot-light in his good day, let alone the bad ones...Let's see how this story.arc develops, as I said before I'm not a huge fan of it, especially if it's dragged out for too long. 

I loved Amy all along the episode. I liked her bragging about her career and defending her "integrity" vs Bernie's choice to work for a private firm. She was really sassy. Also Bernie was hilarious. I generally liked the idea of two plots, the "big five" vs "the newbies", it was an original episode.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Very nice episode, I laughed out loud all the time, probably I woke up all my neighborhood! Shamy were very cute in the cold open, they were really in sync and happy. I liked that Amy whispered at his ear to be nice to Leonard and Sheldon immediately did it, as he trusted her judgement in those matters. In the subsequent scene in 4B, when Amy told him about her new equipment was not as bad as I thought. It was "classic" Sheldon, I guess. It got uglier off screen, as Amy tells Bernie later. Obviously, he was in the middle of a professional crisis, and he is not good at sharing the spot-light in his good day, let alone the bad ones...Let's see how this story.arc develops, as I said before I'm not a huge fan of it, especially if it's dragged out for too long. 

I loved Amy all along the episode. I liked her bragging about her career and defending her "integrity" vs Bernie's choice to work for a private firm. She was really sassy. Also Bernie was hilarious. I generally liked the idea of two plots, the "big five" vs "the newbies", it was an original episode.

Girl, you mentioned everything I thought of this episode!!Minds alike, hehe.Thanks for your post! :)

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and laughed hard too. I was missing a good plot science and an old school interaction and there the mission was pretty well accomplished! 

What I most loved was that comparassion between "newbies" vs big five and let tell you, our Amy was so great! She was so sassy, supportive and she is so happy!  Sheldon and her could not be happier and in sync more than they are and that makes me really a happy shipper! It is so great to see all of this for our adorkable couple! <3

For last I loved Amy and Bernie, both rock! Sheldon and Howard are very lucky men and now also happy ones for them. Gosh, I think this season is going to be so awesome! 

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 2

Oh, I almost forgot, the promo for next week episode seems adorable! Sheldon is pretty excited for the wedding, he picked 80 possible dates, LOL! Also, pretty curious to see why he is all dusty and disheveled in one scene, it looks like he had a bad adventure outdoors. Maybe he went on a cliff to see if he can stand a cliff-wedding (as Amy wanted) and fell off of it, that would be a very good reason indeed to decide for a very safe and quiet in-door ceremony!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I loved Amy all along the episode. I liked her bragging about her career and defending her "integrity" vs Bernie's choice to work for a private firm.

As a STEM grad student, that conversation hit so close to home, hahaha. 

This exchange also made me laugh:

Sheldon: "He maligned my one true love, Lady Physics"

Howard: "You may not want to say that to Lady Fiancee"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

This exchange also made me laugh:

Sheldon: "He maligned my one true love, Lady Physics"

Howard: "You may not want to say that to Lady Fiancee"

That  exchange  was gold, LOL!!  

Actually imo  this episode was golden comedy! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1

And Happy taping day, dear shamy  fellows! :)

A good and passionate shamy kiss would be great, dont you think? For celebrate the engagement we had a sweet kiss, it is time now for a passionate one hehe! :wub:

image_gif_1532d915deb5d6909b09c562ac40e5b4.gif

Edited by spidergirl
Last sentence improved
  • Like 7
  • It's a Tiara 1

I think I preferred Amy's way of encouraging Sheldon to offer to support one of his friends by whispering in his ear rather than publicly stating it in front of others. Of course I would prefer if he came to more conclusions himself in that regard, but that's a big ask. But he has made progress, you cannot deny that and who knows he may make more.

If its a choice of whispering in his ear or going "Sheldonnnn!" give me the whisper.

• Like 6

I'm on holiday guys with hardly any wifi !!! Just wanted to hop in here & say that I thought the ep was super funny, with something for everyone......Shamy were adorable in the cold open !!!!!! 

Also the promo for next week looks fab, this episode could be gold !!!! 80 dates lol lol lol 

• Like 5

Hey everyone!! A little late today with my reactions to 11x02 but here we go:

At first glance not much Shamy in this one cause they only had short scenes together but since we all know they're currently in a mini-arc about their careers and how to deal with that that whole thing has a bit more meat to it.

First things first: The cold opening was rather sweet. I'm also team ~if Amy has to help Sheldon with interactions then I'd rather have the cute whisper over her scolding him or whatever. I also laughed a lot at their reactions to Leonard's interview. hahaha

The core issue of this episode though was about Amy's career continuing to flourish while Sheldon suddenly finds himself in a rut together with the other guys being depressed about the lack of progress in physics. I've said it before but knowing that this is part of an arc makes it more interesting to me than treating it as any other random issue that seemingly gets solved in one episode and either doesn't get a follow up at all or the follow up feels like nothing much has been learned and we're going through it all over again. An arc has the advantage that this lesson might stick and give our favourite couple some great character development. Personally I also think it's a rather believable issue to explore seeing how these two are the science power couple on the show and the differences and similarities in how they deal with their careers is a great topic to explore.

So now, with this episode specifically the question of how to handle your partner's success/misfortune in their respective career is certainly a fine line to walk to not come off as rubbing it in, especially when one of them tends to overreact. Amy tries to tell Sheldon about her advancements and it upsets him, because of course it does. Not just that Amy is a big name around Princeton but now Caltech is acknowledging her brilliance as well by throwing money at her all the while his beloved physics is struggling so he presumably doesn't even have the comfort of being a big deal at home in Pasadena. It's certainly a big hit to his ego and he sure didn't lie about being bad at leaving the spotlight to Amy. Idk if the ending at the grave of Feynman gets him back on track at least in terms of pursuing physics for the fun of it and thus getting some of that passion back but we'll see.

On Amy's side of things I do hope that she doesn't hold back too much in the future. Sure, be a bit considerate as long as Sheldon feels really down but as she says herself, the guys sure don't have any problem bragging about the most trivial nonsense so she should feel free to brag about her accomplishments, too. So when this mini arc is over I'd love to see them both being that confident "competitive team"  with no weird insecurities hindering them and maybe advancing their joint project a bit further. Fingers crossed!

Probably my fave part was the glorious return of Science!Amy. God, I love her so much! lol

tumblr_ox9a1zlkgQ1qbwtexo1_400.gif

Love her new and shiny lab and I hope after Sheldon calmed down about the career issue he can appreciate it, too! ;D

~~

Anyway, happy taping day!!! Hope we get a good one tonight - remember PP is coming back and WW! Fingers crossed some generous soul will share some spoilers with us. <3

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, spidergirl said:

And Happy taping day, dear shamy  fellows! :)

A good and passionate shamy kiss would be great, dont you think? For celebrate the engagement we had a sweet kiss, it is time now for a passionate one hehe! :wub:

image_gif_1532d915deb5d6909b09c562ac40e5b4.gif

Yes!!! This kiss that they had on season 9 is also still my favorite shamy kiss so far. I almost died the first time i saw..

also, this one in season 10:

shamy1.gif

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

She is soooooooooo cute. :maninlove: 

tumblr_inline_om1xf09Zdw1uu62g7_250.gif

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1