The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Look at the caption from the captain of our ship about shamy wedding plans... he is really a joy to us, shamies! ❤

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

Look at the caption from the captain of our ship about shamy wedding... he is really a joy to us, shamies! ❤

He has wedding plans very fresh in his mind, sheldon's and amy's tense faces must look pretty familiar to him, Lol! The episode is going to be very fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

He has wedding plans very fresh in his mind, sheldon's and amy's tense faces must look pretty familiar to him, Lol! The episode is going to be very fun!

Indeed! Surely this year has been a joy for  Jim in personal and professionally as he had always been rooting for shamy since always :)

Btw have you noticed where Amy is sit down? She seems to be sit on half of the cushion of Sheldon's  spot!! ?

Edited by spidergirl
Made clear last sentence
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Look at the caption from the captain of our ship about shamy wedding plans... he is really a joy to us, shamies! ❤

So cute!! ?? I love how Jim mentioned the look on their faces..aaaah bless the captain <3

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

I just finished watching it and it was a really good one. We get a hug and I love yous. :icon_redface:

• Like 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

I posted this on the discussion thread and want to post it again here: That tag scene totally ripped off hazelra's Six Sheldons.  An update is in order. 

Edited by shamymania
  • Like 8

From Glamour  (I personally thought that Jessica was sorta harsh here, I enjoyed the episode, but I'll need to re-watch before I comment further)

'The Big Bang Theory' Recap Season 11 Episode 3: Sheldon and Amy Set a June Wedding

Sheldon Cooper's descent into groomzilla-land took approximately 20 minutes before that reign came to a much-needed conclusion on tonight's Big Bang Theory. While his obsession over the perfect date wedding date was totally in line with his personality, the need to spend almost an entire episode on it—or the meaning behind his dreams—was honestly a waste of time. Thank goodness the stress of picking a date was too much for him that by the end of the episode he gladly handed the task over to Amy.

<more in the link>

PS: posting this here because she doesn't talk about anything other than the Shamy story line.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

put this in the episode thread so I'm putting it here, it's Amy centric (surprised?) 

We've been saying Sheldon has a hippie side,  and now she has proof of it!  The i love you was very sweet. I like that when Sheldon first walked in disheveled, Amy was too busy working to notice him at first. Amy can get "in the zone" like sheldon does and not just in the romantic fantasy way (as funny as that was in s7) I like that she approached the sheldon talking in his sleep clinically. complete with hypothesis and then experimentation with the recording. I've always imagined her scanning his brain with an EEG while he's sleeping, him waking up and just saying, "Amy...we talked about this." More science Amy please! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Glamour  (I personally thought that Jessica was sorta harsh here, I enjoyed the episode, but I'll need to re-watch before I comment further)

'The Big Bang Theory' Recap Season 11 Episode 3: Sheldon and Amy Set a June Wedding

Sheldon Cooper's descent into groomzilla-land took approximately 20 minutes before that reign came to a much-needed conclusion on tonight's Big Bang Theory. While his obsession over the perfect date wedding date was totally in line with his personality, the need to spend almost an entire episode on it—or the meaning behind his dreams—was honestly a waste of time. Thank goodness the stress of picking a date was too much for him that by the end of the episode he gladly handed the task over to Amy.

<more in the link>

PS: posting this here because she doesn't talk about anything other than the Shamy story line.

My feelings are opposite of this. I thought some of Sheldon's obsessions indeed need an entire episode to talk about it, maybe more. Like Amy helped Sheldon about his need for closure in 621, I love that plot, I wish we could see more of it.

I don't want too many wedding planning episodes, of course, but, once in a while, maybe we could hear some mentions from Sheldon, TBH, I don't want the wedding to be "all Amy's style", I want Sheldon's style in the wedding, too. 

This episode was solid, funny, I like it. I gave it a very good.

• Like 5

Love, love , loved it !!! Especially the "I love you's" and the hug obviously.......but also Sheldon even when he's pissed with Amy for recording him has to pause and the "sexy science" talk gets him for a minute lol !! - then the line about putting lipstick on a pig ! Absolute gold & very very much our adorably adorkable pair !!

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 5

In terms of pure comedy, I must admit I definitely preferred last week episode, this one had less sparkling moments, IMO. Stuart and Raj plot, as usual, was a let down, I would have preferred something else (actually, anything else) instead of that, unless Bernie'c co-worker is a new recurring character and that was just her introduction in the show...not that I really believe that likely, though.

As for Shamy, there are things I liked (very much) and I few things I didn't like. The idea of laid-back Sheldon and how  his mind reacted to the preparations stress was original, especially the final tag. A lot of Sheldons, that's exactly what this show needs, LOL! Sheldon trying to relax himself wearing flip-flops (I hear you, Shelly, whoever said those are relaxing is lying, I hate flip-flops, they are among the most uncomfortable footwear for me, I loose them all the time!) and ending up having a misadventure was also funny. Amy was trying to help him out through the episode, she was supportive and also worried for him. She realized the wedding preparations were a stress to him, and didn't freak out about it, she was really understanding. The ILYs were a surprise, I didn't know they were coming (well, I didn't know anything was coming in this episode, it was an interesting experiment to watch it almost spoiler-free...), and we also got another hug and bed scenes, so many goodies this season!

And, here we come to the part I'm not liking that much, Sheldon giving up on wedding plans and dropping the ball to Amy. I don't know if that's the way it is gonna be, or if, after consideration, he will collaborate to the planning, but I would like to see Shamy (from time to time, I'm not eager to see 1000 episodes over wedding preparations) negotiating their wedding. "Tell me when and where and I'll be there" (said by a man) is the classical way weddings are handled in comedies, I would like something different here. Anyway, given the way Sheldon reacted to the outdoors, cliff wedding "I know what I'll use the cliff for", probably he'll regret the whole thing sooner rather than later and he'll be more involved in the future. That was a funny scene, though, probably the funniest in the episode to me!

Also...a June wedding! Congratulations to those that, in our poll, said the wedding date would have been S. 11 finale, I think you nailed it...unless it's S. 12 premiere, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

I really enjoyed shamy in this one. I laughed hard as Sheldon said Amy should be in charge about the wedding preparations  for his facial reaction and body language as she told about the wedding cliff, my fav scene.  I wonder if there were a few bloopers from the scene because it seeemed to be a bit difficult to Jim to keep a straigth face as Sheldon agreed with the cliff thing. I would say a very litle smile for 1 second was on Jim's face, hehe! Also Mayim gave Amy the sweetest smile ever for she offer to Sheldon . And the hug was very sweet too! These two are really the best performing Shamy! <3

Regards Sheldon giving up about be in charge of his wedding, tbh I dont believe it will happen. Amy is a wise lady , I believe at some point the subject could  be brough up again and she would sugest Sheldon participate more in wedding plans as she helped him to  handle with that in a more relaxed way. I am also one of those that dont want an exaustive wedding planning but I believe Sheldon  would come up with something from his own for his wedding beyond the ST uniform, lol. For the date, I think June is very nice but at same time I am not very hopefull for that date because writers are giving away a date so early I mean they did it  by the ep3 for something might happen by season finalle ( if the wedding happen this season which I hope so). I think it might be changed  but let see :)

For last I really loved to see my ship taking first steps to prepare their wedding. This episode will have always a special place in this shipper heart! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
Grammar and typos
  • Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

Just finished watching 10x03 and I gotta say: Boy, I'm so not made for the spoiler free life! This one didn't go like I was expecting from the few spoilers we got at all. lol

Like, the spoiler we got was that Sheldon was stressing out about the date and Amy wants a cliff wedding which Sheldon doesn't want so I expected the Shamy plot to be mostly about that with a lot more clashing of bride- vs. groomzilla. Sure, the spoiler bits were in there but the actual plot was more about Sheldon suppressing a more relaxed part of his personality and Amy trying to help him with that. Not sure how I'll deal with surprises like this as the season continues cause with one exception we don't have a single proper TR for the upcoming episodes.

Anyway, as for the actual episode:

(- The less said about the B-plot with Raj and Stuart the better. ugh)

- Loved seeing everyone hang out in 4A in the opening. It's like the only scene where Sheldon feels like in groomzilla mode. It's cute though that he wants everything to be perfect. <3

- Sheldon's 1st dream: playing some smooth jazz for Amy in his come hither PJs? Is this the beginning of a sex dream?? LOL

- Can I just say how much I freaking love S11 embracing Science Amy???? Sheldon talks in his sleep and she tries to get to the bottom of it with science!! YAY!!!!

- Sheldon's 2nd dream: so he has some hidden longings for the beach? LMAO "I'm up for anything - as long as I'm with you." Awww. Don't hold back here, Sheldon! I have a list of suggestions for you and Amy if you need some! hahahaha The idea of him and Amy going on a road trip after befriending a seagull at the beach and picking up a hitch hiker sounds like a riot (or the beginning of a horror movie, take your pick! lol)

-  Amy with her science again - she almost got him with that. He can barely resist Science Amy! hahaha

- Flip flops are the worst!! Nothing good can come out of that idea. Sheldon coming home from his misadventure had me laughing so hard though. And Amy didn't even notice cause she was in the zone working (SCIENCE!). OMG poor Shelly!! He was just so done with this day. The delivering of that "Sure... sounds wonderful" to Amy's suggestion had me in stitches. HAHAHAHA

- So anyway, planning is up to Amy now! I like that Sheldon at least keeps his Star Trek uniform non-negotiable. Not sure why he'd want to hide it under a tux - use the later dress uniform style with the white jacket and you're good to go for a wedding! Amy getting to plan her dream wedding is sweet though. You could see her heart was melting and she was close to tears when he agreed to it. Awwww! The hug and the ILUs were so sweet as well. <3

- Sheldon's 3rd dream: The council of Sheldons! Yeah, I can see how that looks like from that fanfic (I've only read like a chapter or so of that one though). If that's confirmation that S11 Shamy continues to be as fanficy as in S10 then by all means, keep going, Holland! LOL

Final thoughts:

All in all I was positively surprised by the plot but part of me still wanted something a bit different. The danger of spoilers, or rather not having enough of them, I guess. I really liked the dream approach and seeing a different side of Sheldon - even though we've all known for ages there's a hippie inside him somewhere. hahaha

For the wedding planning I'm fine with Amy tinkering on it in the background for a couple episodes (like next week or so where it's just mentioned that she's busy with it) but I hope that Sheldon isn't staying out of it a 100%. It's sweet that he's trusting her to run the show but it's his wedding, too, and he should have a say as well and as he was hobbling off to the bathroom he already seemed to have second thoughts so I guess we'll see. Maybe Amy can find a way to include him in the planning in a non-stressful way that doesn't have him come home from another misadventure covered in filth. lol Or maybe she can surprise him with something geeky/nerdy he'd also love.

But the idea that Amy manages to organise the perfect romantic dream wedding and that it all will go down smoothly doesn't really gel with how things usually go haywire in this show. It has me worried that somehow her dream will get crushed by some circumstance or other. Maybe even the planning itself is becoming too much for her at the season progresses and they just run off to the next courthouse or whatever. Anything is possible!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 2

I thought it was a good episode, maybe would have been very good or great without the silly Raj/Stuart storyline. Wasn't a fan of that one at all, they crossed the line there and this desperation of chasing any woman with a pulse is getting old.

Every time we get a insight into Sheldon's mind is always interesting, of course Amy found it so fascinating lol! Again I thought it was another storyline example that only those two characters/couple can pull off so they are always interesting. It doesn't surprise me that Sheldon perhaps switches off in his sleep and relaxes and other personality traits that are usually suppressed might come out, there is so much science behind it and still a lot of unknown science to do with the mind especially how it reacts to situations in this case the stress of preparing for a wedding.

I enjoyed the bed scenes a lot and Amy showing concern, even thought the Amy/Leonard/Penny interactions were good as was the old school Sheldon and Penny in the laundry room and her offering him some advice. Liked that Sheldon stated it wasn't the thought of getting actually married that was causing him stress when he and Amy where in 4B and he was in front of his whiteboard.

I get why he asked Amy to take the reigns on this, if it's causing him stress then she was right to accept. Hopefully they will still plan this together just that maybe on some of the things they can't decide on Amy makes the decision and they can then move on to the next order of business so to speak and that alleviates any stress. I think completely giving up a say would be the wrong thing to do.

I thought the tag was funny, again another insight into Sheldon's complex mind lol.

Good episode that I thought was dragged down a bit by the other storyline.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 2

Hey Everyone!

I just wanna say that I really enjoyed 11x03, the Shamy storyline with Sheldon being the groomzilla type was enjoyable as well as him having a different personality when he's asleep (I can relate to that). The Raj and Stuart storyline was what it was. Overall an enjoyable episode.

There are a few little lingering thoughts I have about the rest of the season though. My number one thought is if Amy will take Sheldon's name, I personally believe she should, as it would create better storylines like Sheldon and Amy being wrongly credited for their research, e.g. if they write a paper on their quantum cognition experiment and it gets published, the publisher could wrongly credit Sheldon for doing the Neuroscience work and Amy the physics work. I mean for me that would be enjoyable to watch to see how they resolve it. Also I don't think Sheldon's mother would approve of Amy hyphenating her name. For me there is no reason for Amy to hyphenate her name, the reason Bernadette did it was for comedic value because she already had such a long name before she was married. But Amy is totally different, I think she should just take the Cooper last name and become Dr. Amy Cooper (because her plan, besides the break up, has always been to become Mrs. Cooper).

My other lingering thought, all though this may be shut down right away if we get any info from tommorows taping report, is the fact that I saw a picture of apartment 4B with the words "Break-up" or "Broken up" written on the whiteboard, and then Mayim's pictures with Wil Wheaton. I just hope it means we won't be having another Shamy break-up, I'm sure we won't but you never know these days.

Anyway, I really enjoyed today's episode and I hope we continue to get more Shamy goodness as the season progress, all culiminating in possibly the biggest and most watched episode in Big Bang and sitcom history, the Shamy Wedding. :)

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, April said:

Just finished watching 10x03 and I gotta say: Boy, I'm so not made for the spoiler free life! This one didn't go like I was expecting from the few spoilers we got at all. lol

Like, the spoiler we got was that Sheldon was stressing out about the date and Amy wants a cliff wedding which Sheldon doesn't want so I expected the Shamy plot to be mostly about that with a lot more clashing of bride- vs. groomzilla. Sure, the spoiler bits were in there but the actual plot was more about Sheldon suppressing a more relaxed part of his personality and Amy trying to help him with that. Not sure how I'll deal with surprises like this as the season continues cause with one exception we don't have a single proper TR for the upcoming episodes.

This! I think I ended up enjoying the episode less than I thought I would (you see what I did there?, LOL!) because I expected something completely different. It was not just the few snippets we got as spoilers, also Holland's interviews hinted for more wedding preparations per se and less "let's analyze Sheldon's mind"....That's why I love spoilers so much, and I'm so grateful whenever we get some, they help me stayed focused and now going wild with my speculations!  Fingers crossed we get something more in the next episodes!

Anyway, after having settled down a bit with my expectation, I think the scienc-y plot was enjoyable, Amy is really in the "zone" with her job these days! 

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

39 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Liked that Sheldon stated it wasn't the thought of getting actually married that was causing him stress

Yes! I also liked that a lot. I'm glad the show is striking down any "but what if Sheldon freaks out?!?" speculations. He's made his decision, he's all in, no takesy backsies. It's also underlined with his laid back Sheldon side that has him literally state that he's up for anything as long as it's with Amy and in the end he lets her take the reigns.

24 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

There are a few little lingering thoughts I have about the rest of the season though. My number one thought is if Amy will take Sheldon's name, I personally believe she should, as it would create better storylines like Sheldon and Amy being wrongly credited for their research, e.g. if they write a paper on their quantum cognition experiment and it gets published, the publisher could wrongly credit Sheldon for doing the Neuroscience work and Amy the physics work. I mean for me that would be enjoyable to watch to see how they resolve it. Also I don't think Sheldon's mother would approve of Amy hyphenating her name. For me there is no reason for Amy to hyphenate her name, the reason Bernadette did it was for comedic value because she already had such a long name before she was married. But Amy is totally different, I think she should just take the Cooper last name and become Dr. Amy Cooper (because her plan, besides the break up, has always been to become Mrs. Cooper).

Has Amy ever said she wanted to become "Mrs. Cooper" though?

Personally, I'd rather want to see them hash the last names out before the wedding precisely because citations/credits are such a big deal in academics. And because of that I'm actually in camp "Amy should keep her name" - especially now that this season makes such a big deal about her work and accomplishments.

My other lingering thought, all though this may be shut down right away if we get any info from tommorows taping report, is the fact that I saw a picture of apartment 4B with the words "Break-up" or "Broken up" written on the whiteboard, and then Mayim's pictures with Wil Wheaton. I just hope it means we won't be having another Shamy break-up, I'm sure we won't but you never know these days.

The plot on the whiteboard was all about Raj and Howard having a fight so it has nothing to do with Shamy. They'll probably be off to do their own thing, whatever that may be.

And Wil Wheaton was in the episode they filmed last week (11x06) which had a completely different plot (Howard getting a vasectomy). So no worries! :D

Edited by April
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 2

21 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

Sorry, I can't agree with this. Working in Academia, changing her name will create a lot of problems for Amy. The articles a scientist writes are all collected in a huge numbers of databases, and obviously they are collected mostly by their name. Fundings and up-grades  in your career depend also on those records, the number of article you write, the citations and credits you get. Changing your last name at some point can screw  them up and it's pretty messy to fix them...I know it by experience, I  have a pretty long last name that people misspells every time and I have to ask the databases to correct it, it's always a nightmare to get it done. Socially, maybe Amy can use Sheldon's last name (even if I wouldn't be exactly a fan of it, I just love how Sheldon says "Amy Farrah Fowler") but I would take as a pretty unrealistic thing in representing the scientific world if she changes her name on the workplace.

21 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

Was that written on a board in the background of a writers' pic? If so, don't worry, we decoded what was written on it in the Discussion thread and it was about Howard and Raj fighting over something, and Lenny getting involved somehow in the fight. Shamy weren't even mentioned on the board and actually that is good news, most likely it means that, whenever the episode is scheduled (I don't think it's 11.6 or 11.7, it seemed more a scheme for a subsequent episode the writers were still working on) there can be a Shamy plot, since the other characters seem all busy doing something else...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 2

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Also...a June wedding! Congratulations to those that, in our poll, said the wedding date would have been S. 11 finale, I think you nailed it...unless it's S. 12 premiere, LOL!

We don't know that for sure.  Best to wait until they actually get married before declaring who won.  

14 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

Hey Everyone!

I just wanna say that I really enjoyed 11x03, the Shamy storyline with Sheldon being the groomzilla type was enjoyable as well as him having a different personality when he's asleep (I can relate to that). The Raj and Stuart storyline was what it was. Overall an enjoyable episode.

Anyway, I really enjoyed today's episode and I hope we continue to get more Shamy goodness as the season progress, all culiminating in possibly the biggest and most watched episode in Big Bang and sitcom history, the Shamy Wedding. :)

Most women who are well known by their name for work related things hyphen it or keep their name for work and use their married name for personal.  Especially since she's had many articles and stuff she is the author of in her maiden name.  I think because of that, she'll hyphenate it like Bernie did and for the same reasons.

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

8 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

We don't know that for sure.  Best to wait until they actually get married before declaring who won.  

Most women who are well known by their name for work related things hyphen it or keep their name for work and use their married name for personal.  Especially since she's had many articles and stuff she is the author of in her maiden name.  I think because of that, she'll hyphenate it like Bernie did and for the same reasons.

I think there will be Cooper in there, like you said most likely hyphenated.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Sorry, I can't agree with this. Working in Academia, changing her name will create a lot of problems for Amy. The articles a scientist writes are all collected in a huge numbers of databases, and obviously they are collected mostly by their name. Fundings and updates  in your career depend also on those records, the number of article you write, the citations and credits you get. Changing your last name at some point can screw  them up and it's pretty messy to fix them...I know it by experience, I  have a pretty long last name that people misspells every time and I have to ask the databases to correct it, it's always a nightmare to get it done. Socially, maybe Amy can use Sheldon's last name (even if I wouldn't be exactly a fan of it, I just love of Sheldon says "Amy Farrah Fowler") but I would take as a pretty unrealistic thing in representing the scientific world if she changes her name on the workplace.

I realise that, and I understand the implication of keeping her name, but it didn't seem to effect Leonards parents (that we know off) and most of his family are all Dr. Hofstadter. It might be different if Amy and Sheldon were working in different places as well.

• Koala Face 1

As I said I really enjoyed 11x3.   Now I'll add my thoughts.

They  have said it will be a June wedding by a cliff and, most likely, means anything but a June wedding by a cliff. LOL

The I love you's and the hug, super sweet and why I got sucked into the Shamy. I do love the way they talk things out.

I said the cliff was going to be a joke. I just thought it would be from Amy's point of view while Sheldon was in groomzilla mode.

I loved the counsil of Sheldons, who would have liked to see the seductive, smooth jazz,  tux wearing, slick backed hair Sheldon join the counsil?

I lol'd a lot during this episode.

I just ignored the Stuart/Raj stuff. The best part about the story was Howard and Bernie's opening and Bernie when they showed up at the bar.

Edited by Carey
Spelling error
  • Like 6
  • Koala Face 1

I just watched it again, and I finally remembered where I've heard the song Sheldon was playing in the first dream, it was from Friends, Joey's neighbor from the opposite window was singing: Morning's Here, The Morning is Here, Sunshine is Here,The Sky is Clear...    and that woke Rachel up, hahaha.

I thought this song was very nice, and really fit with the scene in this episode, Sheldon was playing, Amy was slow moving with the tune......

OK, cutest engaged couple indeed!!!

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

3 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

I realise that, and I understand the implication of keeping her name, but it didn't seem to effect Leonards parents (that we know off) and most of his family are all Dr. Hofstadter. It might be different if Amy and Sheldon were working in different places as well.

More than likely because she got married before she was known for anything significant in her work.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1