Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11


Tensor

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

She would have done that in the past, but I don't see her doing that recently.  I think the last time she "experimented" with any of the Gang and compared it to an animal was Season 8 (sorting change, puzzle box, etc).  The only reason I know it was Season 8 was because Penny had short hair.

I'd have thought having a workplace nursery with such young children, the university would find the availability of so many developing brains to observe too good an opportunity to miss. Howard mentioned there were trained educators there. This is the sort of place where they learn and train. I bet there are neuroscientists and psychologists in and out of there all the time.  I can imagine Amy would have been involved at some time, although perhaps not recently. Yes, it was in season 8, when Howard's mother died, that we last saw Shamy experimenting with the others. I loved how Penny appeared to have done better than Leonard with the banana box. If  Amy's interested in Halley now, I can't see her being underhanded about what she's doing. She's more mature than she used to be even three years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'd have thought having a workplace nursery with such young children, the university would find the availability of so many developing brains to observe too good an opportunity to miss. Howard mentioned there were trained educators there. This is the sort of place where they learn and train. I bet there are neuroscientists and psychologists in and out of there all the time.  I can imagine Amy would have been involved at some time, although perhaps not recently. Yes, it was in season 8, when Howard's mother died, that we last saw Shamy experimenting with the others. I loved how Penny appeared to have done better than Leonard with the banana box. If  Amy's interested in Halley now, I can't see her being underhanded about what she's doing. She's more mature than she used to be even three years ago.

Every big university has a day-care for their employees, it's common policy, that doesn't mean they might  use it as a laboratory. If they need to enroll somebody for some developmental or psychological study they can't just randomly go to the pre-school and observe the kids, those things require parents permission and  have a strict protocol, which can't be necessarily followed being in the daycare facility. TBH, I wouldn't sign  my children in a school where they can be used as guinea pigs all the time, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Every big university has a day-care for their employees, it's common policy, that doesn't mean they might  use it as a laboratory. If they need to enroll somebody for some developmental or psychological study they can't just randomly go to the pre-school and observe the kids, those things require parents permission and  have a strict protocol, which can't be necessarily followed being in the daycare facility. TBH, I wouldn't sign  my children in a school where they can be used as guinea pigs all the time, LOL!

Parental consent is required everywhere for that sort of thing. At least I hope so. Studies are undertaken all the time but parents need to know about it.  Academics like our gang would love it, especially if it showed the children were doing well. I'm sure they'll want to keep up with how their progeny are getting on.  We can gather that much from Sheldon's attitude to a few cells in Amy's lab. We know how competitive Bernadette can be. I can't see Amy keeping her hands off her own children's brains. There's a long tradition of experts observing and publishing findings based on their own children. They don't all have to be like Beverley, may the pantheon forbid. We used to have a school in the town where I taught that was literally called ' The College School' because it was partly run by a teacher-training college. It was very popular. My own alma mater had what was called  'The practising school' in the last century. Former pupils, elderly by then, used to attend get-togethers of old students from the college and talk about happy memories. The tests that schools buy to monitor progress, or paediatricians use for young patients, are all based on actual usage by groups of real children.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gone are the days when they could do experiments on their friends, I strongly suspect they have all wised up now (I have this image in my head of Penny hanging out with Amy and constantly checking she is not trying to trick her into an experiment ever since she found out that time lol). Besides they have their science project now, which they can channel their scientific juices into together.

I do hope we see more of that in Season 11, it was mentioned again in 10.23 so it gives me hope the writers still remember it lol.

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't seen anything on the show suggesting that Amy specifically would be interested in studying baby brains - even ethical concerns aside. Heck, in The Positive-Negative Reaction they had Sheldon hoping for twins to experiment on them but nothing from Amy. So... uhm yeah, I don't see Amy going all mad scientist on any baby anytime soon.

Anyway, as long as Shamy continue being involved in their own personal experiments and science projects I'll be a happy camper.

TBBT10x19b.gif.c2501a29eb92b0b690b8cbcd3eb86c29.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we should expect more Sheldon/Shamy and Bert interactions in Season 11. Now that Raj is living near him (apartment/room above right? can't remember) that could add to their interactions more potentially. I like Bert in small doses, wasn't a huge fan of the slightly more heavily involved in the storyline one towards the end of the season with the gang trying to help him (that may be more down the story and I really disliked the Shamy interactions in this one so it might actually be less to do with Bert in that one). 

Sheldon had some nice moments with him this season and I am a fan of their blossoming friendship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think we should expect more Sheldon/Shamy and Bert interactions in Season 11. Now that Raj is living near him (apartment/room above right? can't remember) that could add to their interactions more potentially. I like Bert in small doses, wasn't a huge fan of the slightly more heavily involved in the storyline one towards the end of the season with the gang trying to help him (that may be more down the story and I really disliked the Shamy interactions in this one so it might actually be less to do with Bert in that one). 

Sheldon had some nice moments with him this season and I am a fan of their blossoming friendship.

As long as John Ross Bowie is busy with "Speechless" I can see Bert popping up ever so often as the Kripke-ersatz at Caltech in the odd episode. Not sure if they'll have him interact a lot with Raj despite the new living arrangements cause they didn't do much with Raj in 4A either so who knows??

But I would also welcome Bert having some more scenes with Sheldon and Amy - those definitely worked better than the group episode with Bert's gold digger girlfriend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overall, I like much to see shamy improving their interacting with other characters and I think it could bring many great scenes for next seasons. They are now more socialy active and I enjoy to see they facing their fears and challenging themselves to new things and in the world of a couple who live together as they are a litle step to get engaged, there is a lot of potencial great storyplots to them in their work place, among their friends group, etc.

And last but not least, please writers make shamy doing more science together. I just love it so much, it surely will happen in next season as it is always so sucessful , funny and sweet everytime they do it .

 

Edited by spidergirl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is on TBBT Official FB page, apparently today is  Asteroids Day

I've always thought that Sheldon naming an asteroid after Amy was one of the most romantic gesture he ever had for her, even if he bargained it with Raj's name for all his children. Plus, since Emily and Raj broke up later, it was a very fortunate choice!

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

This is on TBBT Official FB page, apparently today is  Asteroids Day

I've always thought that Sheldon naming an asteroid after Amy was one of the most romantic gesture he ever had for her, even if he bargained it with Raj's name for all his children. Plus, since Emily and Raj broke up later, it was a very fortunate choice!

Same here. Their skype calls in this episode were  some of my s9  shamy favourite moments after they made love in Amy’s birthday. Amy's smile was something really glow and Sheldon’s looks at her were really so sweet. It was more special imo because it was something very romantic Sheldon did without any complex plan for he had a romantic gesture to Amy as he just did something from his heart to her, if you know what I mean. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2017 at 0:00 PM, spidergirl said:

I think a  Sheldon and Amy interaction with Halley could be cute. Babies usualy make cute scenes imo and it doesnt need to happen often in a season. An episode would be nice

If they did that well, it could be a good ep but that goes against their insistence that the baby, like Mrs. wolowitz, will not be seen. I am not sure they are willing to do that.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If they did that well, it could be a good ep but that goes against their insistence that the baby, like Mrs. wolowitz, will not be seen. I am not sure they are willing to do that.

They can get around that, just talking to an empty car seat and acting around that is what they have been doing so far on the show and it has worked to a large degree. We don't need to see a baby for them to have a storyline that provides comedy or perhaps even a heartfelt or beautiful moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have just rewatched s9e9 and I had noticed something  which  surely most of you had noticed that too ...

Anyway in tag scene as Amy is calling Sheldon, she said she was coming from her mother' s place. So Amy's parents would be  divorced or Amy's mother would have raised Amy alone as single mother? Is Amy’s  father alive? Does she have half sibblings ?

Getting to know more about Amy's family is really one of things I am most looking foward to find in s11. Hope writers may fill the blanks about her background as the engagement stuff is setled. 

Thoughts? :)

Edited by spidergirl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

I have just rewatched s9e9 and I had noticed something  which  surely most of you had noticed that too ...

Anyway in tag scene as Amy is calling Sheldon, she said she was coming from her mother' s place. So Amy's parents would be  divorced or Amy's mother would have raised Amy alone as single mother? Is Amy’s  father alive? Does she have half sibblings ?

Getting to know more about Amy's family is really one of things I am most looking foward to find in s11. Hope writers may fill the blanks about her background as the engagement stuff is setled. 

Thoughts? :)

Since Amy has mentioned many times her mother and just once, in a very general context, her father, I tend to think he is out of the picture (either he is dead or Amy's mother raised her by herself for some reason). Anyway, since everything is so foggy when it comes to Amy's family, canon won't be broken if at some point we'll know that  her parents are both alive and still together.  Probably, even if it saddens me to admit that, the writers themselves haven't really thought about that, because to introduce Amy's family hasn't been a priority for them up to now. Let's hope they'll do it in S. 11.

Fun fact, where I live, when you mention your parents' house, it's usual to refer to it simply as "your mother's house", so in my Country (well, in the part of the Country where I am) what Amy's said in 9.9 meant she went to visit her parents. I wonder  if also in the US there's this expression, but I doubt it.

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Since Amy has mentioned many times her mother and just once, in a very general context, her father, I tend to think he is out of the picture (either he is dead or Amy's mother raised her by herself for some reason). Anyway, since everything is so foggy when it comes to Amy's family, canon won't be broken if at some point we'll know that  her parents are both alive and still together.  Probably, even if it saddens me to admit that, the writers themselves haven't really thought about that, because to introduce Amy's family hasn't been a priority for them up to now. Let's hope they'll do it in S. 11.

Out of curiosity, where I live, when you mention your parents' house, it's usual to refer to it simply as "your mother's house", so in my Country what Amy's said in 9.9 meant she went to visit her parents. I wonder  if also in the US there's this expression, but I doubt it.

Oh that's very curious, hence my post: here when we mention "your mother's house " it means the mother lives alone as father died or divorced mother. Or she always lived alone as she is single mother. As parents are married we always say "your parents's house". I knew there was a good reason for my post even being a subject discussed (Amy's family) a few times by now. Thanks @mirs1 :)

Edited by spidergirl
Missing words
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Since Amy has mentioned many times her mother and just once, in a very general context, her father, I tend to think he is out of the picture (either he is dead or Amy's mother raised her by herself for some reason). Anyway, since everything is so foggy when it comes to Amy's family, canon won't be broken if at some point we'll know that  her parents are both alive and still together.  Probably, even if it saddens me to admit that, the writers themselves haven't really thought about that, because to introduce Amy's family hasn't been a priority for them up to now. Let's hope they'll do it in S. 11.

Out of curiosity, where I live, when you mention your parents' house, it's usual to refer to it simply as "your mother's house", so in my Country what Amy's said in 9.9 meant she went to visit her parents. I wonder  if also in the US there's this expression, but I doubt it.

Here in the US, you would usually say "at my parent's house" or "at my mom and dad's house" if the parents are still together.

You would only identify one parent "at my mother's house" if the mother was the only parent in that household.

I've always operated under the assumption that Amy's mother is the only parent in her life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Here in the US, you would usually say "at my parent's house" or "at my mom and dad's house" if the parents are still together.

You would only identify one parent "at my mother's house" if the mother was the only parent in that household.

I've always operated under the assumption that Amy's mother is the only parent in her life.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Especially also because the one line that could be about her father doesn't even sound like anything concrete.

Like, I remember when we got the first news about the scene and it was reported as Amy mentioning she got her bad eye sight from her father or something like that. But then the actual scene dialogue played out very differently, imho, and instead of a hint about her father we got a general remark hinting at daddy issues of some sort - as if she was musing to herself that her (absent?) father has something to do with how she handles her relationship with Sheldon.

I would love to get a proper insight into that at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Could whether or not Amy's father is alive and in her life be one of those things like Penny's maiden name, that we'll never know ? 

Interesting theory...Anyway, there's a clear reason, that the writers have explained on many occasions, for the mystery around Penny's maiden name. At the beginning, they didn't give her a last name because she was supposed to be the epitome of the girl next door, and eventually they became superstitious about that and decided to never explicitly mention it. Instead, they never gave us a reason why they don't have introduced Amy's father...Truth to be told, though, nobody has ever asked for an explanation, so who knows? BTW, guys, SDCC is near and Mayim will be at the panel, so...please, if some of you is going, please consider to ask questions about Amy's family!

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although in Penny 's maiden  name case  is not so important imo to the narrative now as she married Leonard and it was implied she uses his last name , a father is an important question as it has to do with character's origin. @joyceraye  made an interisting point and we might never know , especially if it could be seen as a "lucky thing" not to know like Penny's maiden name, lol!

@mirs1 I am crossing fingers for writers could be finaly thinking about Amy's family as they could provide info or had provide info to Mayim for she could talk a bit about what could be happening in next seasons in SDCC panel. I could be wrong but I sense the answers about the engagement might put us more confused about what could really happen than we get from the info they could provide answers for a  bit of peace of mind as the "yes" is almost granted. They all are such a teasers, lol! 

As a fan who is getting used to all teasing from tbbt land, I am ready for  getting to know everything about s11 ;)

Edited by spidergirl
Sentences improved
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

 

@mirs1 I am crossing fingers for writers could be finaly thinking about Amy's family as they could provide info or had provide info to Mayim for she could talk a bit about what could be happening in next seasons in SDCC panel. I could be wrong but I sense the answers about the engagement might put us more confused about what could really happen than we get from the info they could provide answers for a  bit of peace of mind as the "yes" is almost granted. They all are such a teasers, lol! 

As a fan who is getting used to all teasing from tbbt land, I am ready for  getting to know everything about s11 ;)

Mayim and the other actors don't know anything about the upcoming season until they get their scripts, so I don't think she might provide any info...thanks goodness, I sometimes feel she is more teasing than Molaro, LOL! I was hoping she could reinforce possible questions about Amy's family telling during the panel that she really would like to know more about her character, sorry if I wasn't clear about that in my previous post.

As for Molaro teasing about the engagement, I don't think he will do it, TBH. Probably he will come up with something like "You have to tune in to find out", at least that's the answer he gave to similar questions about cliffhangers in the past...In general the panel involves more discussions about the past season than predictions about the new one. Last year was quite an exception, because Molaro was very chatty about possible plots, but very few of them made it to the show, so I hope this year he is more cautious and doesn't raise our hopes up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I am bored beyond bored lol I have been thinking about Mayim's comments recently at least twice if I recall reading them or hearing about them about Amy perhaps having a makeover in an episode, IIRC she has been asked what she would like to see storyline wise for Amy and she has twice suggested that idea. We all know the actor's have zero say in storylines but it's an interesting idea that I kind of have mixed feelings on.

For one I think a huge part of Amy's character and her appeal  is her attire. She clearly favors comfort and functionality over aesthetics, nobody really dresses like her on TV and I think her character gives off 'I wear what I want I don't adhere to fashion conformity' and that is something to be proud of. She has tweaked her clothing a bit over the years, like when they went out for girls night for example, some of her dresses say in Opening Night Excitation etc. But for the most part her style has stayed the same.

Then you have say Sheldon's past reactions to for example Penny's hair lol what would his reaction be to Amy changing her hairstyle? If it was a real life situation it wouldn't matter what he thinks, it's her hair she should style it however she likes. But in terms of a show or a storyline I just wonder how he would react to it lol.

But then maybe she decides she wants a makeover, a lot of people do at some point in their lives so it's a real life subject. If her character suddenly decides she does want one shouldn't that be embraced and encouraged?

I don't think Amy will have a makeover, obviously if they have a wedding I think she will be really styled up, hair probably looking different etc. But as a none wedding related idea it's an interesting one, I think it would provide a lot of comedy with the girls potentially at Bakersfield or Troll Manifestation levels I suspect and Sheldon's reaction would be interesting. If he freaks out I am not sure I would want to see an idea like this ever come to fruition truth be told. Maybe Penny and Bernadette are off helping Amy, Sheldon gets wind of it and is talking with the guys about it moaning and it turns out surprisingly he really likes her new or slightly different look lol.

Anyway what I've posted is probably a load of bollocks and is kind of on the fence to an idea that Mayim herself has raised at least twice as far as I know. What are your thoughts on a makeover episode? For or against? Things you perhaps would be happy to see change or some red lines?

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jonny said:

As I am bored beyond bored lol I have been thinking about Mayim's comments recently at least twice if I recall reading them or hearing about them about Amy perhaps having a makeover in an episode, IIRC she has been asked what she would like to see storyline wise for Amy and she has twice suggested that idea. We all know the actor's have zero say in storylines but it's an interesting idea that I kind of have mixed feelings on.

For one I think a huge part of Amy's character and her appeal  is her attire. She clearly favors comfort and functionality over aesthetics, nobody really dresses like her on TV and I think her character gives off 'I wear what I want I don't adhere to fashion conformity' and that is something to be proud of. She has tweaked her clothing a bit over the years, like when they went out for girls night for example, some of her dresses say in Opening Night Excitation etc. But for the most part her style has stayed the same.

Then you have say Sheldon's past reactions to for example Penny's hair lol what would his reaction be to Amy changing her hairstyle? If it was a real life situation it wouldn't matter what he thinks, it's her hair she should style it however she likes. But in terms of a show or a storyline I just wonder how he would react to it lol.

But then maybe she decides she wants a makeover, a lot of people do at some point in their lives so it's a real life subject. If her character suddenly decides she does want one shouldn't that be embraced and encouraged?

I don't think Amy will have a makeover, obviously if they have a wedding I think she will be really styled up, hair probably looking different etc. But as a none wedding related idea it's an interesting one, I think it would provide a lot of comedy with the girls potentially at Bakersfield or Troll Manifestation levels I suspect and Sheldon's reaction would be interesting if he freaks out I am not sure I would want to see an idea like this come to fruition. Maybe Penny and Bernadette are off helping Amy, Sheldon gets wind of it and is talking with the guys about it moaning and it turns out surprisingly he really likes her new or slightly different look lol.

Anyway what I've posted is probably a load of bollocks and is kind of on the fence to an idea that Mayim herself has raised at least twice as far as I know. What are your thoughts on a makeover episode? For or against? Things you perhaps would be happy to see change or some red lines?

TBH, this was one of the times I am soooo relived the actors have zero saying in the show, LOL! Frankly, one of the things that makes Shamy's love story so special to me, is that there are plenty of romance out there where the  quirky and not really pretty (for most people, I know that Amy is pretty in her own way) girl gets a boyfriend, but in order to do that she always has a makeover, and it's after that that she gets noticed. I loved that Shamy didn't follow that road, that Sheldon couldn't care less of Amy's looks and Amy herself was very comfortable in her shoes and didn't want to change. That's why I was so mad when I heard Mayim saying that for the first time...I guess it was S. 5 o 6.

Obviously, at this point Amy and Sheldon are in another phase of their relationship, so if for some other reason rather than to be noticed by a guy Amy wants to change her looks, it wouldn't be such a big deal to me as back then. Nonetheless, I still don't want such an episode, at least if it means a complete makeover, where Amy turns into...let's say, Mayim at some glamorous event. As you, I like that  Amy's wardrobe and hair have gradually changed during the years, especially this season, but her style has always been the same, even for special occasions, like Bernie's wedding, the prom re-do or date nights.

 I could stand a makeover episode only under those conditions: the final result is still Amy and, above all, it's a one-off and from the following episode she returns the usual self.

 

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

TBH, this was one of the times I am soooo relived the actors have zero saying in the show, LOL! I don't want such an episode at all, at least if it means a complete makeover, where Amy turns into...let's say, Mayim at some glamorous event. As you, I like that  Amy's wardrobe and hair have gradually changed during the years, especially this season, but her style has  always been the same. I also like that, even for special occasions, like Bernie's wedding, the prom re-do or  date nights, you could always recognize Amy's style. She was prettier, but it was always her. I could stand a makeover episode only under those conditions, if the final result is still Amy. 

Yeah I would agree, especially that point where they have managed to style her a bit differently for special occasions but it still is very much Amy. Like I said I don't think it will happen but it's interesting that seems to be Mayim's response when asked about future storylines for Amy.

lol had they listened to the actors I suspect we would still be at early season Shamy right now if Mayim had a say and with Jim they would have been married and the rest by now lol. Jim always used to say they progressed at a 'glacial pace' I wouldn't necessarily say that is a compliment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

lol had they listened to the actors I suspect we would still be at early season Shamy right now if Mayim had a say and with Jim they would have been married and the rest by now lol. Jim always used to say they progressed at a 'glacial pace' I wouldn't necessarily say that is a compliment.

You know, this season Jim asked for more bed scenes and we got more bed scenes...I'm not saying that the writers followed his suggestions (because for sure they have their own vision of the show and stick to it), it's just that maybe Jim has a better grasp in the show and in what fans want to see than Mayim, LOL! Pretty sure most of us would agree with having Shamy already married rather than still platonically dating, LOL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.