[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

3 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

I know! I've rewatched the "beautiful science together" one three times already! He's just so flirty with her, and the innuendos! It reminds me of the "pun intended?" joke from season 4. And I'm glad it's not a petty jealous sheldon either, it's more a softer "but i need science/love too" it stems from him missing her brain, (and with that sneak peek I'm guessing something else :blush:

I can't wait till Monday now! 

I like the fact  they are both talking of the same thing. There have been plenty of times where there were puns or sex references to which Sheldon was oblivious. This time they are both talking about working together (BTW, it looks like the work is going on pretty well, judging from their notes) and they don't realize how it sounds like something completely different. That sneek peak was hilarious! Time for our favourite hashtag to return...#forscience!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I like the fact  they are both talking of the same thing. There have been plenty of times where there were puns or sex references to which Sheldon was oblivious. This time they are both talking about working together (BTW, it looks like the work is going on pretty well, judging from their notes) and they don't realize how it sounds like something completely different. That sneek peak was hilarious! Time for our favourite hashtag to return...#forscience!

that's what I like too! I keep imagining Howard hearing about this and saying "You guys have to be doing that on purpose" and both Sheldon and Amy go "doing what?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Same here. I think the dialogue of that scene was briliantly writen as it is funny , clever and so ic for both! The game of words was really spot on, the best way for our favourite hashtag be back on game! Let Shamy have time for making beautiful Science! #forscience!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

4 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

I know! I've rewatched the "beautiful science together" one three times already! He's just so flirty with her, and the innuendos! It reminds me of the "pun intended?" joke from season 4. And I'm glad it's not a petty jealous sheldon either, it's more a softer "but i need science/love too" it stems from him missing her brain, (and with that sneak peek I'm guessing something else :blush:

I can't wait till Monday now! 

This^^^

His clumsy jealously of Howard and Amy working together kills me.  He is so attached to her now, it's lovely how they have handled this.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Since last season and moving in together there is a real vibe being given off by both of them that they just like being around each other a lot of the time, it's really striking with Sheldon especially when you compare it to years past.

I think the writers have done a great job showing that change and when there are times that one does miss the other's company it shows, you can tell that in the sneak peaks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

38 minutes ago, vonmar said:

His clumsy jealously of Howard and Amy working together kills me.  He is so attached to her now, it's lovely how they have handled this.

He's been jealous when it comes to Amy before... this moment is when I knew he loved Amy:

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

Happy episode day, Shamies!

21 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Happy episode day Shamies! The Shamy sneak peeks coluored me intrigued with 11.5, fingers crossed it's a funny one!

Intrigued here too! Actually since I started to be spoiled that  I was not so intrigued how a shamy plot would come up on screen. Joining you :  fingers crossed for be a funny and interisting one!

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

48 minutes ago, April said:

Happy new episode day, everyone!

I did hold myself back and haven't watched the sneak peeks. But from your gushing I expect to be in for some hilarious Shamy goodness! Can't wait!! :D

TBBTAmyflirtylipbite.gif.7e4f9a6166d364c45a15a9611a284c7c.gif

Brave girl...you are going to be rewarded for your moral strength in not watching the sneak peeks...I can't vouch for the whole episode, but the Shamy bits they showed are glorious, LOL!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

49 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Brave girl...you are going to be rewarded for your moral strength in not watching the sneak peeks...I can't vouch for the whole episode, but the Shamy bits they showed are glorious, LOL!

The conversation in the sneak peek was gloriously funny yes.  I'm looking forward to hearing it in the whole, but I must say I thought Sheldon was a prick at the beginning of it. Would say why, but don't want to spoil for anyone who's restrained enough to have avoided the sneak peeks. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2017 at 10:22 PM, vonmar said:

This^^^

Unpopular opinion but…..eww no. Jealousy as a means to show attraction/attachment? Really,? Just because Amy is working on another project? I don’t think it is lovely. I think what is lovely is that after 6 years Sheldon should respect Amy’s space. They could  have given Sheldon something more meaningful and constructive to do.  I'm going to be optimistic and hope he doesn't  become an emotional equivalent of Raj. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a jealousy theme throughout this season so far and not just involving Shamy, I am just wondering where they are planning on taking this and what the end point for the theme might be. The jealous concept isn't new, go throughout the seasons and you will find examples but I am trying to think a season where there is so much of it (granted the season is still relatively young).

Jealousy can be used as a way of introducing drama in a show like this and honestly give me this over some of the other ways of introducing drama that are way more dramatic and perhaps painful to see.

But again I need to see what's the end point, in this case Sheldon has shown a lot of jealousy this season but what are they trying to get him to? His jealousy seems very career or work related, if so that naturally asks the question how is that going to be resolved? The danger in my opinion is that you may actually see Sheldon regress after a season of major progress with him, the green-eyed monster is often never a good look especially for him.

I have no doubt we will get to a point where I go 'ah all that jealousy buildup earlier makes sense now' if we don't then I will be asking a lot of questions of the writers.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, April said:

Happy new episode day, everyone!

I did hold myself back and haven't watched the sneak peeks. But from your gushing I expect to be in for some hilarious Shamy goodness! Can't wait!! :D

TBBTAmyflirtylipbite.gif.7e4f9a6166d364c45a15a9611a284c7c.gif

Brave girl, I could not do it, hehe! You will be so rewarded as @mirs1 said! There is a sneak, that I would not call it a sneak as it seems to be an entire scene that is glorious indeed! I would not mind if they had cut it by the midle for putting us in edge of our seat for watch what would happen but it was worth for the shamy glory ! Hopefully this episode would be among our favourites from this season, at least it is the good vibe I got as I saw the sneak peeks!

Regards the jealousy I hope it would not be about romantic jealousy type. It would not make sense by this time of shamy relationship and  it would add drama or insecurities that dont comply with Shamy moment they reached in their relationship. I hope it is more about Sheldon sharing science time with Howard towards Amy and if you ask me, it would be nice if we got Sheldon  learned he really need to respect more the highlights on Amy careers as she needs to share time with other colleagues or doing a few scientific collaborations. As soon as it is funny and intersiting to watch, I am in because I love Shamy in Science mode on. Last night I rewatched S10 Collaboration episode on tv and Shamy making science is really powerful and beautiful. Keep them doing it!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

Unpopular opinion but…..eww no. Jealousy as a means to show attraction/attachment? Really,? Just because Amy is working on another project? I don’t think it is lovely. I think what is lovely is that after 6 years Sheldon should respect Amy’s space. They could  have given Sheldon something more meaningful and constructive to do.  I'm going to be optimistic and hope he doesn't  become an emotional equivalent of Raj. 

Sheldon always used to be dog-in-a-manger about Amy. Now he's getting Older-Brothery, which isn't fair : she's never sold him short. All work is one to him, so as far as he's concerned she shouldn't be focussed on what she does for a living, and enjoying it, when he wants her for what they work on at home. It's not two years since he had no conscience about seeking another girlfriend to ignore the way he did Amy, so he could be hyper-focussed on his work. HIS work. And it's the despised engineering profession that's collaborating with her now, and in the person of the bloke who thoroughly dislikes having to be nice to him and to whom he has to make efforts to be nice in return, no less. What a dick ! He seems to think it will annoy Howard if he does his chores for him while Bernie puts her feet up, but at least he's being useful. That's what I take from a few edited highlights. It'll be eleven or twelve hours before I can download it and find out for sure.

2 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

I agree with this. While the sneak peeks are very funny and give me hope for a funny episode, the sentiment underneath them is not. Amy is starting a new project, as a fellow scientist Sheldon should know what that entails. I like the little snippet in 4B  the monkey at CBS showed us because, apart being hilarious, it shows Shamy watching the world with the same lents, which is exactly what I love about them. While I don't see Sheldon becoming the new Raj anytime soon, this professional jealousy story line is not exactly something I'm enjoying. As @Jonny said, it's not clear where all of it is going (and if it's been going somewhere), but I hope they cut it short.

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I agree with this. While the sneak peeks are very funny and give me hope for a funny episode, the sentiment underneath them is not. Amy is starting a new project, as a fellow scientist Sheldon should know what that entails. I like the little snippet in 4B  the monkey at CBS showed us because, apart being hilarious, it shows Shamy watching the world with the same lents, which is exactly what I love about them. While I don't see Sheldon becoming the new Raj anytime soon, this professional jealousy story line is not exactly something I'm enjoying. As @Jonny said, it's not clear where all of it is going (and if it's been going somewhere), but I hope they cut it short.

Couldn't have said it better myself and pretty much how I see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/10/2017 at 8:13 AM, mirs1 said:

I live it here, I'm not sure about 11.5, but 11.6 seems a cute episode!

proton.jpg

I honestly can't wait for this episode. Absolutely loved this shamy photo. <3 

Also, happy TBBT day! I was a little off this week because of my work, but i will be more active soon. :)

I'm excited to see Amy and Howard interactions today. I remember how their interactions were very funny in season 7. 7x03 was such a iconic episode (all the singing haha), And since then, they didnt interact very much. Excited to see Sheldon's reactions in this episode too. 

p.s: these photos from tonight's episode are so funny. Look at Amy's smile haha.

tbbt.png

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

Hey all.  Please remember that this is a shipping thread, it is for supportive statements.  Derogatory or negative statements about the ship or the characters in the ship are not allowed.  If you wish to complain about the characters or the ship, or complain how they are written, you need to put those type posts in either the discussion thread, the Shipping Lanes thread or start a Shamy thread where you can complain about the ship (see the "Dark Lenny" thread for an example).  I just wanted to mention this as there are a couple of posts above that are close to the line.  You guys usually police yourselves very well, just reminding you all about the purpose of the thread.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Hey all.  Please remember that this is a shipping thread, it is for supportive statements.  Derogatory or negative statements about the ship or the characters in the ship are not allowed.  If you wish to complain about the characters or the ship, or complain how they are written, you need to put those type posts in either the discussion thread, the Shipping Lanes thread or start a Shamy thread where you can complain about the ship (see the "Dark Lenny" thread for an example).  I just wanted to mention this as there are a couple of posts above that are close to the line.  You guys usually police yourselves very well, just reminding you all about the purpose of the thread.  

Wow, this is the first time I see this warning post in this thread.  And, thank you.

I watched this episode, I don't think Sheldon was being jealous of Howard, he just really missed Amy's company. So he used his and Amy's project trying to "lure" Amy back. 

The science/pun scene was really hilarious, I laughed so hard. The Morse Code scene was good, and I really admired JP's performances. 

I really love the unusual pairings in this episode, and like 1104, this episode also gave me a lot of LOLs, so I gave it an excellent, too.

PS: I think the writers really need to give Sheldon something to do, like as fast as possible. Oh, wait, I forgot about 1106 and 1107, never mind. 

Edited by snapepans
add something important
  • Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1