Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I really don't want to see much of them. I just don't trust the writers not to make a Meemaw sized mistake, or one like they made with Penny's brother.

I mostly want to know Amy's background story, because we know the one about each other character in the show. If there's a father out there, I want to know how he looks like and how he is. Generally speaking, I think the writers have been "good" at casting parents so far. Not really good for other relatives, especially siblings, that's true. Since we know nothing about Amy's family, there are no set expectations to be fulfilled or disappointed, as it happened with Mee-maw, for example.

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I mostly want to know Amy's background story, because we know the one about each other character in the show. If there's a father out there, I want to know how he looks like and how he is. Generally speaking, I think the writers have been "good" at casting parents so far. Not really good for other relatives, especially siblings, but since we know nothing about Amy's family, there are no set expectation to be fulfilled or disappointed, as it happened with Mee-maw, for for example.

I also don't think it would be that difficult to cast Amy's family cause they are more of a blank slate anyway. With both Meemaw and Penny's brother there were years and years of build up that made people have vastly different expectations for these characters. With Amy's father that's not the case at all cause we didn't know he even existed until recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

They just want Amy married?

In a way, yes. But I think they like the idea of their daughter marrying Sheldon more. Given how they are forcing Amy to date before, maybe they are thinking she is lucky enough to date a guy like Sheldon.  Hence, Sheldon getting away with "momma jokes". And based on Amy's stories, her mother can be a bit superficial. Maybe Sheldon's joke has a ring of truth in it but still, saying those jokes on her parents face is disrespectful for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, April said:

A couple? More like 1 and we weren't even sure it referred to a real father or if it was just meant figuratively or whatever.

What came out of the blue though were her grandparents! Until S11 I would have found it more likely that they might be alive and show up than her dad. lol

I did say 'or parents' but you were right, I just checked the Holiday Summation again when they went to Texas for some reason I thought Sheldon had said something along the lines of 'how would you have liked it if I told your parents?' when it was fact just 'mother'. Amy then replies I would be happy if you showed interest in my 'family'.

My bad it was just the once in Season 10 when they were sitting on the bed that her father was mentioned.

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I did say 'or parents' but you were right, I just checked the Holiday Summation again when they went to Texas for some reason I thought Sheldon had said something along the lines of 'how would you have liked it if I told your parents?' when it was fact just 'mother'. Amy then replies I would be happy if you showed interest in my 'family'.

My bad it was just the once in Season 10 when they were sitting on the bed that her father was mentioned.

Yeah, I was wondering what other instance you meant but I think we didn't even get a "parents" comment at all in S10. And suddenly in S11 we have Shamy having off-screen dinners with them. The reference to her father could go either way so to me it feels a strong shift that came with Holland.

Maybe Molaro really thought of Amy's dad as being absent in some form and Holland thought he'd rather do something different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, I was wondering what other instance you meant but I think we didn't even get a "parents" comment at all in S10. And suddenly in S11 we have Shamy having off-screen dinners with them. The reference to her father could go either way so to me it feels a strong shift that came with Holland.

Maybe Molaro really thought of Amy's dad as being absent in some form and Holland thought he'd rather do something different?

If Holland thought that, I really get happy. There are not accurate facts about Amy's father so they have field to build a nice background to the character. Looking foward to getting to know more about him or any fact related with Amy's family. It would really nice if we got it before the wedding day though.

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I did say 'or parents' but you were right, I just checked the Holiday Summation again when they went to Texas for some reason I thought Sheldon had said something along the lines of 'how would you have liked it if I told your parents?' when it was fact just 'mother'. Amy then replies I would be happy if you showed interest in my 'family'.

My bad it was just the once in Season 10 when they were sitting on the bed that her father was mentioned.

They went to Texas because it was Christmas. It's traditional to spend it with family and/or close friends. Sheldon's nephew has a birthday then, too. We know Sheldon doesn't go every year. One year Raj's father came to him for Christmas and Amy hosted the dinner.  In American English, 'Holiday'  refers to its older meaning, which is a religious festival or commemoration. 'The Holidays'  is sometimes used as a synonym for Christmas. TBBT is an American programme. 

 In British English 'holiday' has gained a broader meaning, referring to any day or days off, or a time  for enjoyment spent away from home, work, or school. 'Vacation'  is also used to refer to parts of the academic year when the universities are closed to students.  Historically  official holidays were connected to holy days, mainly Christmas, St Stephen's ( Boxing ) Day, Easter, and Pentecost aka Whitsun which has recently been replaced by Spring Bank Holiday which may or may not fall on the holy day in the Church calendar.

Fun fact :  In Scotland there was a time when although Christmas Day was officially a holiday nearly everybody worked anyway. Apart from going to Church, they seemed to ignore it and wait a week for the fun. I don't know if it's still the case. The first year I had a computer I had a super time finding websites or fax numbers for shops in Scotland and spending my Christmas money on Christmas Day. Everything I bought came the day after Boxing Day in England  because post offices in Scotland were open. Yay !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They went to Texas because it was Christmas. It's traditional to spend it with family and/or close friends. Sheldon's nephew has a birthday then, too. We know Sheldon doesn't go every year. One year Raj's father came to him for Christmas and Amy hosted the dinner.  In American English, 'Holiday'  refers to its older meaning, which is a religious festival or commemoration. 'The Holidays'  is sometimes used as a synonym for Christmas. TBBT is an American programme. 

 In British English 'holiday' has gained a broader meaning, referring to any day or days off, or a time  for enjoyment spent away from home, work, or school. 'Vacation'  is also used to refer to parts of the academic year when the universities are closed to students.  Historically  official holidays were connected to holy days, mainly Christmas, St Stephen's ( Boxing ) Day, Easter, and Pentecost aka Whitsun which has recently been replaced by Spring Bank Holiday which may or may not fall on the holy day in the Church calendar.

Fun fact :  In Scotland there was a time when although Christmas Day was officially a holiday nearly everybody worked anyway. Apart from going to Church, they seemed to ignore it and wait a week for the fun. I don't know if it's still the case. The first year I had a computer I had a super time finding websites or fax numbers for shops in Scotland and spending my Christmas money on Christmas Day. Everything I bought came the day after Boxing Day in England  because post offices in Scotland were open. Yay !

I forgot the word 'and' and I can't always edit my posts for some reason it doesn't save it. The first line should have been this:

"I did say 'or parents' but you were right, I just checked the Holiday Summation again when they went to Texas and for some reason i thought..."

I remember the episode and know what happened :)

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kbp said:

HI GUYS DO YOU THINK IN THE TWO TAPINGS WE WILL GET A SHAMY CHRISTMAS I KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WE NEED MORE SHAMY MOMENTS 

Would be nice but we don't get Christmas every year in TBBT and we had it last year. If we're lucky we may get spoilers soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/11/2017 at 1:46 AM, shamytbbt said:

Opa!!!! Falo português também hein!!! Que máximo..achei que não tinha nenhum BR por aqui..hahaha :girlinlove:

You for sure are not. Falo português também. BR POWER! :icon_cheesygrin:

Competely agree. And btw, this is what i'm missing the most this season: Supportive boyfriend Sheldon Cooper. I don't like when the writers kind of forget some amazing developments. Like Sheldon last season. I really hope these storylines will be better soon. Talking with more shamy shippers on tumblr, it looks that everyone is having the same feeling. 

'Veracity elasticity'..what a iconic episode!!!! I will probably rewatch this episode again this week. It's one of my all time favorite TBBT episodes. 

t.gif

t1.gif

Tem outras tbm.. lembro de já ter surgido esse levantamento de BR por aqui haha!

About TBBT, I totally agree with you! Missing so much the "Supportive boyfriend Sheldon Cooper" :(:sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Majim selfie!!! :wub:

Maybe they were doing a rehearsal of a Shamy date night at movies? Whatever it could be ,  I wish a great moment for our adorkable couple! And with lots of details we could discuss about!!

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Majim selfie!!! :wub:

Maybe they were doing a rehearsal of a Shamy date night at movies? Whatever it could be ,  I wish a great moment for our adorkable couple! And with lots of details we could discuss about!!

they look like airplane seats to me anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

I think looking at that picture, we could be getting an anniversary episode. Because this episode will mark 6 years since Sheldon and Amy became an official couple.

5.10 Sheldon asked Amy to be his girlfriend when she was on a date with Stuart at a Cinema. They are taping 11.10 tonight and if that selfie is correct Shamy might be at a Cinema. I can see why you came to that conclusion :)

Could be something to do with that, though would the writers remember that? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

5.10 Sheldon asked Amy to be his girlfriend when she was on a date with Stuart at a Cinema. They are taping 11.10 tonight and if that selfie is correct Shamy might be at a Cinema. I can see why you came to that conclusion :)

Could be something to do with that, though would the writers remember that? lol

 

48 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

I think looking at that picture, we could be getting an anniversary episode. Because this episode will mark 6 years since Sheldon and Amy became an official couple.

It would be so nice if they remember that! A similar Shamy scene at a cinema where they could celebrate their anniversary and we could see the differences between then and now, which they are great and bonded kind differences! I just love to think about that! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

It would be so nice if they remember that! A similar Shamy scene at a cinema where they could celebrate their anniversary and we could see the differences between then and now, which they are great and bonded kind differences! I just love to think about that! :wub:

Shamy celebration in 4B or a girls night (minus Bernadette)?

 

Edited by vonmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2017 at 11:35 AM, mirs1 said:

I mostly want to know Amy's background story, because we know the one about each other character in the show. If there's a father out there, I want to know how he looks like and how he is. Generally speaking, I think the writers have been "good" at casting parents so far. Not really good for other relatives, especially siblings, that's true. Since we know nothing about Amy's family, there are no set expectations to be fulfilled or disappointed, as it happened with Mee-maw, for example.

I think we are way overdue in learning more about Amy's past and knowing more about her parents other than a one-time Skype early in Amy's intro to the show.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I disagree. S11 has had a lot of “filler” episodes IMO and I think surely the writers if inclined could explore, even in a small way, Amy’s past that would include her familial relations.

I would normally agree, but they have to overcome what has - and has not [her dad] - been written before, in which her mother comes across as abusive.  As the person who screwed her up emotionally.

Is no one going to talk about the reference to 'elopement' in the summary of last night's taping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I would normally agree, but they have to overcome what has - and has not [her dad] - been written before, in which her mother comes across as abusive.  As the person who screwed her up emotionally.

Her dad is a blank canvas they can paint him however they want. Her mother there has been conflicting stuff about her, from sin closets to encouraging her daughter to go out there and online date (She played as big a role in a way getting Shamy to meet as Raj and Howard). There have been references to her mainly for gags, I don't have a feel for what she is actually like but I would like to find out.

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Her dad is a blank canvas they can paint him however they want. Her mother there has been conflicting stuff about her, from sin closets to encouraging her daughter to go out there and online date (She played as big a role in a way getting Shamy to meet as Raj and Howard). There have been references to her mainly for gags, I don't have a feel for what she is actually like but I would like to find out.

Agreed! Until just recently we didn't even know dad was in the picture, even to the point that some speculated in the past that Amy was adopted or conceived out of wedlock. Now Shamy are having meals with them, and Sheldon is asking them for Amy's hand in marriage?? I only hope that this is the beginning of more to come and that we finally get to see what they are all about.

Yeah, the mom has been painted as an overbearing and at times despicable individual (the sin closet) but, like you point out, the characterization a were played for cheap laughs. But Amy continues to keep mom in her life so she can't be all that bad. Her reluctance to tell mom about the break up in S9 is evidence that she still cares what mom thinks. 

So yeah, the show can make room to develop this and give us a better peek into who Amy is and what makes her tick via a better intro to mom and (gasp!) who this absentee dad is all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.