[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

As for Amy's family, again, I am too discouraged by how some of the other relatives of characters were handled. Now if there was a shower or something, and Amy is pointing out her family to her friends and telling funny stories about them, that would be okay. I can think of a thousand ways to do that.

"That one over there? That's my aunt that does _____."

"See that woman my mother is talking to? That's ___ and she does ___."

"See that guy? He and my dad go ____ every year. My dad loves ____."

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
lousy typist
  • It's a Tiara 1

13 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

As for Amy'd family, again, I am too discouraged by how some of the other relatives of characters were handled. Now if there was a shower or something, and Amy is pointing out her family to her friends and telling funny stories about them, that would be okay. I can think of a thousand ways to do that.

Good Idea !

27 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

As for Amy'd family, again, I am too discouraged by how some of the other relatives of characters were handled. Now if there was a shower or something, and Amy is pointing out her family to her friends and telling funny stories about them, that would be okay. I can think of a thousand ways to do that.

I agree with you about the disapointing characters added (I may have understood to a small degree why Meemaw was so aggressive and protective of her grandson, but I didn't like her) so I can understand some trepidation if they add more family characters.

But for me thats not enough of a reason to not want to see Amy's parents. Amy is my favourite character hands down, so to learn more about her and her life I will always be eager to learn more!

Amy's parents may turn up and I may not like how they are written, casted or how they come across. I know it's a possibility I may end up disappointed with them, but they could also be brilliantly cast, funny and interesting. I think its a move the show should make and let each viewer judge what they came up with. :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I would normally agree, but they have to overcome what has - and has not [her dad] - been written before, in which her mother comes across as abusive.  As the person who screwed her up emotionally.

Is no one going to talk about the reference to 'elopement' in the summary of last night's taping?

Well, I was pretty shocked when I read about a possible elopement!  My guess is that they don't go through with it.  But sounds like we for sure get a fascinating Shamy episode!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

Agreed. A lady working on this episode wrote on Twitter that she'd be working with Jim and Mayim all week and it was a dream come true, so no matter what the elopement is all about, we definitely get Shamy. That and the Majim selfie at what looks like a movie theater. And the two glasses and bottle on Shamy's coffee table. Kind of exciting not to know everything.

I saw that and my first thought was that maybe she was a wedding planner.

So many unknowns, but you're right, it would appear that there is some sort of Shamy story in this episode.

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

I guess Ill count myself in the minority when I say I enjoy the way the parents have been fleshed out over the years, with the exception maybe of Pennys mom. The dads especially have been really fun to watch—Raj’s, Penny’s, Bernie’s and more recently Leonard’s. So Im kind of hopeful that the writers could make an interesting dad for Amy, and maybe tidy up mom’s early and short appearance on the show. 

My apologies, I have a feeling this topic is about to be moved out of the Shamy forum for being off topic lol....

6 minutes ago, Judith said:

Maybe they argue about the wedding and decide last minute to elope to stop the fighting but then decide not to go with it after all. Idk, these spoilers are very vague.

Btw, @nusspot

thank you for the info!

Ill take this scenario! Anything that ends with “but they decide not to” works perfectly for me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, vonmar said:

So many unknowns, but you're right, it would appear that there is some sort of Shamy story in this episode.

Oh surely if they wanted a planner they'd ask Raj first ? He likes to do that sort of thing and he'd be terribly hurt if they went to someone else. If he's too tied up with his own courting, fair enough. 

The lady could be a registrar at City Hall or something and Raj could plan the reception and repeat of vows.

16 minutes ago, Judith said:

Maybe they argue about the wedding and decide last minute to elope to stop the fighting but then decide not to go with it after all. Idk, these spoilers are very vague.

Btw, @nusspot

thank you for the info!

Or they ask Raj. He needs something to put his mind to, considering how the others all seem to have very pressing work to get on with.

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Oh surely if they wanted a planner they'd ask Raj first ? He likes to do that sort of thing and he'd be terribly hurt if they went to someone else. If he's too tied up with his own courting, fair enough. 

I don't think that Amy would want Raj.  The boys may turn to him to plan an event, but I think Amy would go full on professional wedding planner.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I would normally agree, but they have to overcome what has - and has not [her dad] - been written before, in which her mother comes across as abusive.  As the person who screwed her up emotionally.

Is no one going to talk about the reference to 'elopement' in the summary of last night's taping?

It wouldn't be the first time the few snippets we got about a character before they appear on screen don't reflect how they actually are when we see them. I agree that the sin-closet thing is despicable, but it has been a one-off. It's not like they have depicted Amy's mother Beverly-style, she mostly seems a helicopter mother, just too obsessed with her daughter's reputation when she was a teen. I know the fandom has focused on the sin-closet and, since then, most of us have hated Amy's mother character, but there's no way to know it that was just a throw away line or not until we see Amy and her interact.

As for the elopement, nothing against it, if that happens (the snippets are too vague to say). I just hope, if that's the case, that it's clear from the episode it's a choice both of them make. I think it's safe to say Amy has expressed many times the wish for a nice wedding, and Sheldon in a way seemed to agree, since he has never mentioned her other options; so it they end up eloping because Sheldon has a the usual fit he has each week lately, I'd be pissed. If for some reason they agree on eloping and we get to see the actual wedding,no problem whatsoever.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

If shamy really eloped, I would live with that but I dont think their relationship has the background for an elopment. It would be just a way to avoid to make a ceremony with all characters related with Shamy. They live together ( they are so married, it is only missing the signs on papers), both are organized persons and both had been in agreement about each step of their relationship. Unless Amy was pregnat which I dont believe the writers would go to that route of two pregnant characters at same time.

As long Shamy are both happy, I dont need to see a few episodes about wedding plans and its ceremony. But I think so far has been setled they will organize a wedding ceremony for share with relatives and friends. So I am really curious about if the elopement possibility is spoiler or just a joke from someone shared on internet.

Edited by spidergirl
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Koala Face 2

32 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

As for the elopement, nothing against it, if that happens (the snippets are too vague to say). I just hope, if that's the case, that it's clear from the episode it's a choice both of them make. I think it's safe to say Amy has expressed many times the wish for a nice wedding, and Sheldon in a way seemed to agree, since he never mentioned other options to her; so it they end up eloping because Sheldon has a the usual fit he has each week lately, I'd be pissed. If for some reason they agree on eloping and we get to see the actual wedding,no problem whatsoever.

Yeah, the one scenario where I'd be fine with the elopement is if it's Amy who's having issues with organising the wedding and it would be her confidence in pulling this off that's eroding (as per the title) so that they end up with something spontaneous to ease her stress.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

19 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, the one scenario where I'd be fine with the elopement is if it's Amy who's having issues with organising the wedding and it would be her confidence in pulling this off that's eroding (as per the title) so that they end up with something spontaneous to ease her stress.

The idea of a wedding planner that stresses the hell out of Amy can be interesting, it wouldn't be the first time she changes her mind over what is supposed to be canonically romantic once she experiences the downside of it...I can also see them going all way through the Court House and then having second thoughts about it, as @Judith suggested, maybe Sheldon realizes that Amy wants a nicer wedding but also some help in organizing it...Let's see, it's all so vague!

6 hours ago, vonmar said:

Can you read from the booklet which character was the actress playing? 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Happy new episode day! :)

Judging from the promo, sneak peaks and the photos we know there is going to be a Shamy scene in this one and some interactions. It will be interesting to see what its like tonight (tomorrow for some of us Europeans).

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 2

5 hours ago, April said:

Well, he's got a world of social anxiety issues....

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Hilts said:

Well, he's got a world of social anxiety issues....

And we've already been over that with 11x03 - he's giving over the reigns to Amy precisely to avoid that. I'd be massively annoyed if they now backpedal on his promise for no reason. ugh

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

The idea of a wedding planner that stresses the hell out of Amy can be interesting, it wouldn't be the first time she changes her mind over what is supposed to be canonically romantic once she experiences the downside of it...I can also see them going all way through the Court House and then having second thoughts about it, as @Judith suggested, maybe Sheldon realizes that Amy wants a nicer wedding but also some help in organizing it...Let's see, it's all so vague!

Yes, you are right, and I like the bold part, haha.

And I want to say, yes, Amy can be romantic, or "bridezilla" as people say, but I really think what she wants most is spending the rest of her life with Sheldon, because she loves him that much, so no "the world's most romantic wedding" can beat that...and Sheldon, yes, he can be selfish, but I also can feel that he truly loves Amy, so if Amy really wants some June cliff wedding, he surely will give her.

I've seen them both compromising before, and it really made their relationship stronger.  

TBH, I just don't care whether or not the rest of the characters will be on their wedding, or no wedding, just elopement.  

So, to me, a wedding, an elopement, going to Court house, a special FWF (I've been waiting for an FWF episode this season) ...whatever...I'm fine with it. 

• Like 7

I laughed at Amy's comment in the opening scene, in a season full of old style gags that's one I could laugh at because she's never not been afraid to say what she feels about her man even when everyone else in the room is probably cringing at it lol.

That's the only thing I can talk about in this thread from last night's epiosde that meets the rules for posting.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Amy in this episode reminds me the old Amy from Season 4——blunt, fearless, and sassy. I love her very much. :icon_cheesygrin:

And I enjoyed Shamy's interactions in 4B, watch comedy or drama, and some off-scene plots.

Some Sheldon's line that I laughed: 

"and in front of a lady, no less." 

"Well, if I'm Edison and you love me, then what does that say about you?"

"Well, I have to Google some stuff about Mrs. Edison."

=======================================

But, the plot that "Sheldon just know ONE neuroscientist, it's Amy" is total crap.

Did you forget about 403, when Sheldon and Amy were arguing about Phisics and Neuroscience, writers? Come on!   :rtfm:

• Like 5