[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

2 hours ago, nusspot said:

I love Amy Farrah Fowler. She will always be the best part of Big Bang for me. Loved her in the cold open.

She's been great the last two eps at making an attempt to guide Sheldon into better behavior.

11 minutes ago, snapepans said:

But, the plot that "Sheldon just know ONE neuroscientist, it's Amy" is total crap.

Total crap. And people wonder why I don't trust the writers with plot points they bring up. I try to have hope and then something like this happens. That was a major argument. They should have remembered that one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, shamour said:

Amy was so great in the cold open, I loved it! And from his looks, Sheldon didn't seem to mind that he got her currents alternating, he seemed a bit shocked at her boldness but not unpleased LOL!

It's the sort of thing she would have said four or five years ago, but when she talked like that in the old days it would have usually been to the girls.

I was not a fan of this last episode. Several things really irritated me.

1. Amy tying Sheldon's shoes? This was weird to me. Sheldon is an adult man not a child.

2. The way the group treats eachother is really getting on my nerves. I dont mind the once in awhile jokes at someone elses expense but it has gotten too mean for my liking. I miss the group being actual friends. I miss them having fun together. Please bring back some fun.

3. Not a fan of Sheldon going backwards in his growth. Back to showing no compassion. I was hoping new Sheldon would continue forth in this season. So far no. I miss Sheldon from last season.

I did like Amy saying Sheldon gets her motor running...

Sorry so negative this morning. Just not a fan of this season so far :(

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Mmmm.....should we start a "Dark Shamy Thread". 

Its not that bad lol, well not yet anyway...

I think this thread is quiet more down to a lack of Shamy stuff to talk about than gripes. Again after this episode I am more worried and concerned about Sheldon than Shamy.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

Sorry, I really didn't mean to be a downer...I usually am very positive. So I feel l should say something positive to help balance my negative review a little bit. Jim and Mayim have amazing chemistry together and I love how Amy can always see the good in Sheldon. Even if he is being an ass. 

• Like 7
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, Sah said:

Sorry, I really didn't mean to be a downer...I usually am very positive. So I feel l should say something positive to help balance my negative review a little bit. Jim and Mayim have amazing chemistry together and I love how Amy can always see the good in Sheldon. Even if he is being an ass. 

That s okay, I am a bit disapointed about this season too. But we dont have reasons, aside bad writing about Sheldon character imo, for worrying about Shamy. We must stay positive :)

Good things about Shamy from last episode...

21831ba6-daf6-46e3-8ff0-0939a4ba87e9.gif

65828286-8441-4125-abc1-a1d114bdd53a.gif

Amy Farrah Fowler rocks and Sheldon is a lucky man for having her love. How he could not love her?  :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

CHEER UP SHAMY FANS I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT THIS SEASON SO FAR  BUT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO EPISODE 10 IT SOUND IT WILL BE A SHAMY EPISODE AND WHO KNOWS WE MIGHT HAVE A ELOPOMENT  BUT BY THE SPOILER PHOTOS IT WIILL BE A SHAMY PLOT  AND THEN THERE EPISODE11 I KNOW IT HALLEY BIRTHDAY BUT ITS AMY TOO AND YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS ON AMY BIRTHDAY I AM TRYING TO STAY POSTIVE THAT EPISODE 10 11 BRING US GREAT SHAMY MOMENT 

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I think this thread is quiet more down to a lack of Shamy stuff to talk about than gripes. Again after this episode I am more worried and concerned about Sheldon than Shamy.

Yes, I totally agree.

It's not "we got bad Shamy plots"(like the second half of Season 9, I might add) , it's "we didn't get enough Shamy plots to talk about, no matter good or bad".

Even that reporter Jessica from Glamour said:" And by the way, notice there's been zero wedding talk in the last few episodes?"

I haven't watched 1107, but based on the other 7 episodes I've watched, I got a feeling, this new showrunner is not Sheldon's fan.

Let me explain what I mean by "Sheldon's fan":

It's NOT "Sheldon would get more screen time, or more lines, or always being in the center of every episode", it's "Sheldon is brilliant, sharp, know-it-all, even if he just has a few lines" like we saw him in 1020 The Recollection Dissipation , when he walked in the room, he gave the right answer immediately, and in a plain and simple way.

I've been feeling that they haven't written a good work-related plots for Sheldon for quite some time, and honestly, I'm getting frustrated.

And now, on top of that, apparently, Sheldon never read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and he just knew one Neuroscientist. 

==========================================

I've seen often on this forum that some people were saying "wish this episode didn't have Sheldon in it blah blah blah", at first, I thought these were just their usual complaints, but now, I've been starting to feel the same, sigh.

I agree that it's more the lack of Shamy than anything else, even though there are plenty of things I don't enjoy about their dynamic this season. But I was talking to someone yesterday about this, and it may be silly, but I pointed out that season 11, and the way I'm experiencing it, reminds me so much of the way I felt during the first half of season 9 and that feeling of frustration building up week after week, when all I did was vent on Tumblr, and, boy oh boy, was I hated (I can be a little overdramatic) lol But then episode 10 came out and I was like, 'oh, now I get it.'. Which, in retrospect, it was a good arc because I love me some drama that ends in a  happy resolution. I was then reminded that they were broken up, so it was a completely different situation, and I agree with that. But what's my point here? I hope that season 11 has its Earworm moment at some point (sooner rather than later), and I can finally have my 'oh-I-get-it-now' moment. Sounds odd because season 10 exists, so going back to season 6!Sheldon to making him progress again doesn't really make sense to me. But hope is all we have. So let's hope something changes soon. 

Edited by nusspot
  • Like 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

5 minutes ago, nusspot said:

I agree that it's more the lack of Shamy than anything else, even though there are plenty of things I don't enjoy about their dynamic this season. But I was talking to someone yesterday about this, and it may be silly, but I pointed out that season 11, and the way I'm experience it, reminds me so much of the way I felt during the first half of season 9 and that feeling of frustration building up week after week, when all I did was vent on Tumblr, and, boy oh boy, was I hated (I can be a little overdramatic) lol But then episode 10 came out and I was like, 'oh, now I get it.'. Which, in retrospect, it was a good arc because I love me some drama that ends in a  happy resolution. I was then reminded that they were broken up, so it was a completely different situation, and I agree with that. But what's my point here? I hope that season 11 has its Earworm moment at some point (sooner rather than later), and I can finally have my 'oh-I-get-it-now' moment. Sounds odd because season 10 exists, so going back to season 6!Sheldon to making him progress again doesn't really make sense to me. But hope is all we have. So let's hope something changes soon. 

Well, Episode 10 was taped last week and all clues point towards a Shamy plot, possibly very "interesting",  given the snippets you were so kind in sharing with us!  Plus, they are filming for sure a plot about Halley's birthday, and hence Amy's,  in 11.11, there's hope in some Shamy goodness also on that occasion! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nusspot said:

I agree that it's more the lack of Shamy than anything else, even though there are plenty of things I don't enjoy about their dynamic this season. But I was talking to someone yesterday about this, and it may be silly, but I pointed out that season 11, and the way I'm experience it, reminds me so much of the way I felt during the first half of season 9 and that feeling of frustration building up week after week, when all I did was vent on Tumblr, and, boy oh boy, was I hated (I can be a little overdramatic) lol But then episode 10 came out and I was like, 'oh, now I get it.'. Which, in retrospect, it was a good arc because I love me some drama that ends in a  happy resolution. I was then reminded that they were broken up, so it was a completely different situation, and I agree with that. But what's my point here? I hope that season 11 has its Earworm moment at some point (sooner rather than later), and I can finally have my 'oh-I-get-it-now' moment. Sounds odd because season 10 exists, so going back to season 6!Sheldon to making him progress again doesn't really make sense to me. But hope is all we have. So let's hope something changes soon. 

I feel pretty similar about this - even though during the break up arc I was on board from the start but to be fair it was easier to predict where that was going at the time. So the uncertainty is probably what's making me all grumpy about S11. We don't get many (if any) spoilers these days which makes it hard to see the episode in context of what's to come. Then we also have a new showrunner and the writing style feels different so I don't know how to judge that either.

Fingers crossed we get a good payoff to all of this.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, Episode 10 was taped last week and all clues point towards a Shamy plot, possibly very "interesting",  given the snippets you were so kind in sharing with us!  Plus, they are filming for sure a plot about Halley's birthday, and hence Amy's,  in 11.11, there's hope in some Shamy goodness also on that occasion! 

You're right. That's what makes me feel hopeful, at least about those two episodes. Eps 10 and 11 have a history of being good for Shamy. 

Oh, btw, the title I guessed the other day was correct. Someone confirmed it on Twitter. It's "The Confidence Erosion". And if, once again, I have to guess and it applies to Shamy, I feel someone is getting cold feet about the wedding (not sure who). But that's just me, again. A feeling. It could be about other characters.

18 minutes ago, April said:

I feel pretty similar about this - even though during the break up arc I was on board from the start but to be fair it was easier to predict where that was going at the time. So the uncertainty is probably what's making me all grumpy about S11. We don't get many (if any) spoilers these days which makes it hard to see the episode in context of what's to come. Then we also have a new showrunner and the writing style feels different so I don't know how to judge that either.

Fingers crossed we get a good payoff to all of this.

I'd never trusted Molaro and been pretty vocal about it for years. And look at me now, apologizing and missing him. I'm starting to think this is karma and we're all paying the price for it. You can blame it on me. LOL

Edited by nusspot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, nusspot said:

I agree that it's more the lack of Shamy than anything else, even though there are plenty of things I don't enjoy about their dynamic this season. But I was talking to someone yesterday about this, and it may be silly, but I pointed out that season 11, and the way I'm experiencing it, reminds me so much of the way I felt during the first half of season 9 and that feeling of frustration building up week after week, when all I did was vent on Tumblr, and, boy oh boy, was I hated (I can be a little overdramatic) lol But then episode 10 came out and I was like, 'oh, now I get it.'. Which, in retrospect, it was a good arc because I love me some drama that ends in a  happy resolution. I was then reminded that they were broken up, so it was a completely different situation, and I agree with that. But what's my point here? I hope that season 11 has its Earworm moment at some point (sooner rather than later), and I can finally have my 'oh-I-get-it-now' moment. Sounds odd because season 10 exists, so going back to season 6!Sheldon to making him progress again doesn't really make sense to me. But hope is all we have. So let's hope something changes soon. 

But what if this continuous regressing of Sheldon's character development is plot device that can create a greater drama for the series finale? That Holland interview where he said that they are finding the professional jealousy as a possible issue for Shamy is quite alarming seeing how they are trying to bring back season 6 Sheldon. In Friends, when they are wrapping up the series, they created a scenario of will ross and rachel will end up together. I mean, they need something to pique the viewers interest in the series finale. And if it is true that Shamy eloped in episode 10 (which for me too early for a series with a one and a half season left), I am not gonna be surprise if the writers will play the divorce card for Shamy then have the viewers guess if it's gonna push through in the finale. I think, they already explored most of the possible plot for a sitcom aside from this.

I don't want it to happen but there must be a greater reason why they keep on bringing back the early season Sheldon. It's like it is a set up for something big. 

Of course, if it turns out that Shamy didn't eloped in episode 10, this post is moot. :victory:

Edited by TBBTFanatic_Grace
  • Koala Face 1

A possible storyline here is that maybe Amy's confidence wavers in the wedding, because Sheldon's been acting so differently than last year. Of course we can guess his overall sourness and all is probably the result of how his career is going nowhere, but maybe for Amy there's even the tiniest little doubt that he's been acting differently since they got engaged. To reassure her that it's not the wedding, Sheldon is willing to elope with her, but once they're at the courthouse he remembers how much Amy's talked about wanting a beautiful wedding and reminds Amy that elopment is not what she really wants and she shouldn't give up her dream just for him. That she deserves a day where all eyes are on her. Promises her, that he hadn't realized until now, how his unhappiness with his work has been affecting her too, but believe him, that's going to change (and it sticks this time). 

Maybe he get's a little more involved in the wedding planning while we're at it. 

I'm rambling but IMO that would be a nice end to the "arc" 

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

11 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

A possible storyline here is that maybe Amy's confidence wavers in the wedding, because Sheldon's been acting so differently than last year. Of course we can guess his overall sourness and all is probably the result of how his career is going nowhere, but maybe for Amy there's even the tiniest little doubt that he's been acting differently since they got engaged. To reassure her that it's not the wedding, Sheldon is willing to elope with her, but once they're at the courthouse he remembers how much Amy's talked about wanting a beautiful wedding and reminds Amy that elopment is not what she really wants and she shouldn't give up her dream just for him. That she deserves a day where all eyes are on her. Promises her, that he hadn't realized until now, how his unhappiness with his work has been affecting her too, but believe him, that's going to change (and it sticks this time). 

Maybe he get's a little more involved in the wedding planning while we're at it. 

If this happen then I'll be satisfied. As long as they will bring back season 10 Sheldon. And I really think its too early for them to get married. The writers are already struggling to give Lenny an appropriate storyline after they got married. 

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

On 13/11/2017 at 9:22 AM, Érika Souza said:

Tem outras tbm.. lembro de já ter surgido esse levantamento de BR por aqui haha!

About TBBT, I totally agree with you! Missing so much the "Supportive boyfriend Sheldon Cooper" :(:sad:

BR sempre em todas né <3 :girlinlove:

On 14/11/2017 at 6:38 PM, BobtheBlob said:

I think looking at that picture, we could be getting an anniversary episode. Because this episode will mark 6 years since Sheldon and Amy became an official couple.

This would be really lovely. omg <3

On 15/11/2017 at 10:19 PM, shamyyellow said:

Agreed. A lady working on this episode wrote on Twitter that she'd be working with Jim and Mayim all week and it was a dream come true, so no matter what the elopement is all about, we definitely get Shamy. That and the Majim selfie at what looks like a movie theater. And the two glasses and bottle on Shamy's coffee table. Kind of exciting not to know everything.

I honestly can't wait. We are so much in need for more shamy scenes this season, especially a entire episode with a big focus in only the two of them.

On 17/11/2017 at 8:39 AM, Jonny said:

I laughed at Amy's comment in the opening scene, in a season full of old style gags that's one I could laugh at because she's never not been afraid to say what she feels about her man even when everyone else in the room is probably cringing at it lol.

That's the only thing I can talk about in this thread from last night's epiosde that meets the rules for posting.

I agree completely. Not very much to say about this episode, only that i really loved all Amy's comments, especially the opening scene. :) 

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, Sah said:

I was not a fan of this last episode. Several things really irritated me.

1. Amy tying Sheldon's shoes? This was weird to me. Sheldon is an adult man not a child.

2. The way the group treats eachother is really getting on my nerves. I dont mind the once in awhile jokes at someone elses expense but it has gotten too mean for my liking. I miss the group being actual friends. I miss them having fun together. Please bring back some fun.

3. Not a fan of Sheldon going backwards in his growth. Back to showing no compassion. I was hoping new Sheldon would continue forth in this season. So far no. I miss Sheldon from last season.

I did like Amy saying Sheldon gets her motor running...

Sorry so negative this morning. Just not a fan of this season so far :(

No need to be sorry. I agree with you about all the points you made about the last episode. Especially how the writers are not working more in Sheldon's development, especially if we compare the AMAZING sheldon's development in season 10. It is being a backwards, and this Sheldon don't match the sheldon we watched in season 10. I think everyone agree on this point, by what i'm seeing in the opinions here and the shamy community on tumblr, etc. I also agree about missing the group being more friends towards each other and doing stuff all together, and actually having fun. Those mean jokes are pretty old at this point (like, when they joke about not having sheldon around, etc), and i think they are actually more heavy this season, to the point of not being too funny.

Like i said before, i'm not feeling this season yet. It seems off. The jokes, the group interactions, and especially sheldon's development. But here hoping episode 10 will give us a gift, especially in the shamy scenes.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, nusspot said:

Yeah, it really reminds that kind of feeling and frustation of the first half of season 9. But like, in that time shamy were broken up, so that was the reason for the lack of shamy and we all knew, but like you said, when shamy got back together and we had the amazing 9x10 episode, it made everything worth it. But here, they are together, still we are having very few shamy scenes so far, and apart from episode one, no other episode with focus on their relationship. Also, yeah, the writing going back to season 6! sheldon doesn't make any sense at this point, but as you, i really hope we will have something really good that changes this scenario soon.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

Deal! Where do I sign for this to happen? A fan fiction will do, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw this gifset on Tumblr and I thought I could share with you one of  my favourite Shamy moments from this season so far because this is pure gold! I just want more of this uncondicional Shamy love for each other but with more from Sheldon reacting like he was doing in S10:

38c1f59f-0f5f-4e5a-9607-dc542459d919.gif.36724ad14345af93ce92460593c3e836.gif

2cd78a7b-4e90-40d4-813c-37cf329f815e.gif.3d14f86862699caf3092d725d12ea1f4.gif

0826ed4b-32f5-4596-81d5-37e36e7262cb.gif.b844e553c6e2b75fd186a064c6b52059.gif

Amy's body language in last gif, so cool! It was pure love and attraction!It only missed a flirty Sheldon answer back!!

Edited by spidergirl
A few typos
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Amy's body language in last gif, so cool! It was pure love and attraction!It only missed a flirty Sheldon answer back!!

I miss flirty Sheldon! That guy was so much fun!

TBBTShamyflirtytea.gif.652c799756c1939b6a29d50954d7b625.gif

Weirdly enough, I sometimes thought that Amy was surprisingly reserved in S10 while Sheldon was dropping innoendos left and right. Now the dynamic has been flipped back around to Amy being more flirty. But my fave moments are always when they're both in flirty mood. <3

• Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, April said:

I miss flirty Sheldon! That guy was so much fun!

TBBTShamyflirtytea.gif.652c799756c1939b6a29d50954d7b625.gif

Weirdly enough, I sometimes thought that Amy was surprisingly reserved in S10 while Sheldon was dropping innoendos left and right. Now the dynamic has been flipped back around to Amy being more flirty. But my fave moments are always when they're both in flirty mood. <3

True! That s why S10 was gold, they were so in sync about most of things, included what was flirty mood related! Crossing fingers we could see more of these momets very soon! 

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1