The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

I'm so excited for the episodes 10 & 11! I wanted Shamy cuteness and it happened. As it's been said, this is the couple we've been missing this season. And the Little House on A Prairie party, I will fight anyone who says sheldon doesn't do anything nice for Amy. Yes writers, this, more of this, always with this version of our awkward babies. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but now I'm excited to see what else they've got for the rest of the season. 

tumblr_noif4jjAfr1r9jsqxo1_250.gif

• Like 9

And not only some Shamy sweetness, but the plot is funny, too.

Just imagine what food Sheldon prepared for the Little House on a Prairie party that got them poisoned, I already LOLed.

I know, I shouldn't laugh about the food poisoning, but I can't help to. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Thank you @brilliantfool you are absolutely awesome.

episode 10 and 11 sound fantastic and I can't wait!!!! :sungum:

I love that Sheldon stops the elopement and plans the party. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1

Been prepping for Thanksgiving here in the Midwest so I haven't had a chance to elaborate on my reaction to the news from last nights taping until now, so away I go...

Sitting at the kitchen table early this morning with my coffee...my husband: why are you grinning at your phone like an idiot....me: shut up, you wouldn't understand.

As others have already said, Season 10 Shamy are back (especially Season 10 Sheldon). They are as feisty as ever with their particular brand of romance mixed in.

I absolutely love that Sheldon halted the elopement.  The writers easily could have gone with Amy putting her foot down at the last minute and insisting on her cliff side wedding, I am so glad that instead they had Sheldon put a halt to the proceedings, not because of "social convention" but because of how he felt about her and their relationship.

Sheldon's Little House on the Prairie birthday plans...gosh, I can't wait to see what went wrong, but god bless him for trying...lol

So much Shamy goodness, I just can't get over it.  :kissing:

For those of you who are celebrating,,,,have a very Happy Thanksgiving.  

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 3
  • It's a Tiara 2

On 11/22/2017 at 3:20 AM, shamour said:

Well first we had something they both liked, now something for Amy, so next year it will be Sheldon's turn - I guess Amy in her Nurse Chapel outfit :-D

In Opening Night, Sheldon gave up star wars for Amy. Now he is taking interest in doing something Little House on the Prairie- related. Next  time, Amy should make a romantic gesture on Sheldon’s birthday that is about something Sheldon is obsessed with, to make him happy(It doesn’t necessarily have to be only to seduce him …) . It could be a fun role reversal.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Since there won't be a new episode around the time of Sheldon's birthday this year I doubt we'll get a plot about that.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, April said:

Since there won't be a new episode around the time of Sheldon's birthday this year I doubt we'll get a plot about that.

Maybe some off-screen references...Seriously, though, I love the Olympics (not so much the winter ones, TBH) but how will we survive with no Shamy at all for a whole month? LOL!

• Haha 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Maybe some off-screen references...Seriously, though, I love the Olympics (not so much the winter ones, TBH) but how will we survive with no Shamy at all for a whole month? LOL!

S10 should be on Netflix then so I guess I'll be rewatching that! haha

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

In Opening Night, Sheldon gave up star wars for Amy. Now he is taking interest in doing something Little House on the Prairie- related. Next  time, Amy should make a romantic gesture on Sheldon’s birthday that is about something Sheldon is obsessed with, to make him happy(It doesn’t necessarily have to be only to seduce him …) . It could be a fun role reversal.

In 1110, Sheldon suggests that he wants R2D2 as the ring bearer, and Amy says then the wedding invitations will be in ancient Egyptian calligraphy.

Honestly, I think these two suggestions are super cute and cool, but of course, the writers shut them down so quickly...

Or perhaps, when they are really getting married, they could bring back these ideas? Fingers crossed...

I want to see Amy doing something Sheldon likes for Sheldon as well, not for sex, not for some experiments, just because.

In that case, maybe we can finally have some "Sheldon helps Amy about her problems" plots.

• Like 7

Oh, speaking of the wedding, I have a question:

Is that a tradition or social convention that the bride and her family usually pay for the wedding in US? 

I've watched some American shows, like Friends, when Monica and Chandler were getting married, they went to Mr. and Mrs. Geller for the money to pay for the wedding. 

So, I'm curious, is it because the wedding usually just involves the bride, in the meantime, the groom just focuses on being there on time and saying the right name?

Okay, jokes aside, I really want to know. Can someone help me? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

Can I just say it's great to see this place buzzing again and that we can post stuff that meets the criteria for posting in this thread, i.e. supportive, positive stuff and developments about our ship! :) 

tumblr_ooq3zdqOn21rhng3eo4_500.gif.a6dde14814424333beb12445a56dd2cc.gif

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Can I just say it's great to see this place buzzing again and that we can post stuff that meets the criteria for posting in this thread, i.e. supportive, positive stuff and developments about our ship! :) 

This GIF reminds me of this new picture from 1110:

image.jpeg

Look at Sheldon's hand.

One year ago, one year later. 

Edited by snapepans
add something
  • Like 6
  • It's a Tiara 1

On 22/11/2017 at 6:03 AM, Jonny said:

Season 10 Shamy is back OMFG!!!

happy_dance.gif.f0db8f173f93d2252346b74cbcacdbbb.gif

Can't wait to see this! Sounds like a cracking couple of episodes! :)

:girlinlove: My heart is full os shamy happiness right now. I was missing this omg. Our babies getting lots of photos in the promos, and also all those sweet spoilers coming out. Yes and yes!! I'm so READY for episodes 10 and 11! !!

Also, i need to talk about this parallel :girlinlove:

shamy.jpg

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 3

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

True! I really need this thread active and happy! All Shamies happy makes the world better! (* I know it sounds cheesy but I am living  in other galaxy since yesterday, pardon me* :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

5 hours ago, snapepans said:

Oh, speaking of the wedding, I have a question:

Is that a tradition or social convention that the bride and her family usually pay for the wedding in US? 

I've watched some American shows, like Friends, when Monica and Chandler were getting married, they went to Mr. and Mrs. Geller for the money to pay for the wedding. 

So, I'm curious, is it because the wedding usually just involves the bride, in the meantime, the groom just focuses on being there on time and saying the right name?

Traditionally the bride's family paid for the wedding, but now that varies widely. If a couple really wants somehting and no one will help pay for it, they pay for it. Or if a guy's parents really want something they will pay for it. I got married in 1982 and my husband's family really wanted a certain place for the reception, so they offered to pay for it and we let them.

4 hours ago, snapepans said:

One year ago, one year later. 

I like Amy in that pink lace dress.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, April said:

It doesn't have to be Sheldon's birthday, it could be at anytime.  Sheldon's romantic "milestone" gifts in the last few years have been based on Amy's likes and dislikes (or gestures symbolic of something)  for instance,  the brain scan gift, , him giving up Star Wars or him ( trying to do  ) something LHOTP related. So  i'd like to see  more of Amy's equivalent of that to Sheldon. 

7 hours ago, snapepans said:

In 1110, Sheldon suggests that he wants R2D2 as the ring bearer, and Amy says then the wedding invitations will be in ancient Egyptian calligraphy.

Honestly, I think these two suggestions are super cute and cool, but of course, the writers shut them down so quickly...

I thought those R2D2 and calligraphy suggestions were  cool . And maybe i am the only one, but i liked that they initially tried to apply a math algorithm ( i wonder which one) to wedding planning.  Usually wedding planning on tv shows can get repetetive but atleast the writers are making Shamy's a bit different and funny from other couples' (whether we actually see that or not is,  besides the point). 

• It's a Tiara 1

8 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Shamy cuteness is back :icon_biggrin:

Shamy might be less present this season than in others but when they interact and share what matters for them as couple and as individuals , opening their hearts and souls... they truly rock! :wub:

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

Yay !!! Look at us all buzzing with Shamy goodness again - I LOVE it ! I seriously can't wait to watch these episodes - I think I might cry with happiness !

Happy Thanksgiving to our lovely Shamy peeps across the pond today ! Hope you all have a fantastic time :) 

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

6 hours ago, spidergirl said:

True! I really need this thread active and happy! All Shamies happy makes the world better! (* I know it sounds cheesy but I am living  in other galaxy since yesterday, pardon me* :icon_cheesygrin:

Well said!! :) 

shamy.gif

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Traditionally the bride's family paid for the wedding, but now that varies widely. If a couple really wants somehting and no one will help pay for it, they pay for it. Or if a guy's parents really want something they will pay for it. I got married in 1982 and my husband's family really wanted a certain place for the reception, so they offered to pay for it and we let them.

I like Amy in that pink lace dress.

Thank you for the help!!!

And I like Amy's pink dress, too, not too fancy, but it suits her character.

7 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

It doesn't have to be Sheldon's birthday, it could be at anytime.  Sheldon's romantic "milestone" gifts in the last few years have been based on Amy's likes and dislikes (or gestures symbolic of something)  for instance,  the brain scan gift, , him giving up Star Wars or him ( trying to do  ) something LHOTP related. So  i'd like to see  more of Amy's equivalent of that to Sheldon. 

I thought those R2D2 and calligraphy suggestions were  cool . And maybe i am the only one, but i liked that they initially tried to apply a math algorithm ( i wonder which one) to wedding planning.  Usually wedding planning on tv shows can get repetetive but atleast the writers are making Shamy's a bit different and funny from other couples' (whether we actually see that or not is,  besides the point). 

I think I can say every Shamy fan loves this "applying math algorithm in wedding planning" plot, because we all loved 1019 when they were working together on a project. 

And Amy's various versions' of "Soft Kitty" were also based on Sheldon's favorite song, and clearly 1020 was not the first time she played the songs for Sheldon. 

Sheldon's brunch, MRI gift, Amy's Soft Kitty song, etc...These are something I'd like to call "It adds points to the characters and the ship", because not only us shippers loved them, the casual viewers also loved them, they praised the plots for days. 

These plots showed us that they love each other and they constantly make efforts for each other just to see her/him happy. IMO, That's true love. 

And, you are right, the writers at least made Shamy's wedding planning so cute and different.  

However I still want to see those suggestions happening on the real wedding! Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by snapepans
  • Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

On 22/11/2017 at 1:56 PM, Soopysue said:

Wow just wow, I'm too excited to type properly this all sounds so amazing and so very Shamy - I am just delighted !!!! I can't wait to see these episodes !!!

Woooohooooo - Shamy and lots of cuteness with a side helping of Shamy sexy time even if it's off camera ! Lucky lucky us !! 

Lucky us, but  will it be unlucky them ? Remember what the medical advice is for a couple if the lady has had a bug, food poisoning, or anything else causing D and V. ( FYI Gentlemen, it's that a certain daily medication is rendered ineffective.  What are they unlikely to be carrying with them to a child's party ? )

I'm wondering why otherwise have the writers thought to include something like that in the story ? Penny brought stomach flu germs with her once  to stop all except Raj going to Switzerland with Leonard,but except to make Sheldon's behaviour look funny when he has a cold and to hear Soft Kitty, we don't usually see anybody ill like that.  It's not generally considered a joke. So, as they say in multiple-choice answers in quiz shows, why is that one there ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm wondering why otherwise have the writers thought to include something like that in the story ? Penny brought stomach flu germs with her once  to stop all except Raj going to Switzerland with Leonard,but except to make Sheldon's behaviour look funny when he has a cold and to hear Soft Kitty, we don't usually see anybody ill like that.  It's not generally considered a joke. So, as they say in multiple-choice answers in quiz shows, why is that one there ?

I'm gonna go with "because it's funny" - people being ill, especially when one of them is Sheldon, are a popular source of humour. Happens at least once a season. So I don't see it as anything out of the order.

Also, condoms exist. So it's not like the pill is their only option of contraception and we don't even know if Amy takes it anyway. So in short: I don't think they'll have them pregnant any time soon. Maybe a scare at most.

• Like 4