[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

13 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

In UK when a woman's own hormones give her all those nasty symptoms,the usual treatment is to put her on The Pill.  :) And more often than not, it works. LOL.

And sometimes it literally kills them. Fun! /s

Seriously though, taking hormones can be a huge gamble. Sure, it helps a lot of women and for many it's the best way to prevent a pregnancy, I'm not denying that. But it can backfire as well. Sometimes increasing the very symptoms you want to treat, in rare cases even putting your life in danger, and in terms of long time usage there can be side effects that only come to light when you stop taking it and see how messed up your hormonal balance is. It's a medication that has a long, long list of side effects and often it's the case that women are trading these off as inconveniences cause the benefits outweigh a little discomfort by far.

Anyway, point is still: What would be the benefits for a couple like Shamy? They're in an exclusive committed relationship and have intercourse only very few times a year which then is usually carefully negotiated to establish proper consent. As long as they don't decide to suddenly go at it like rabbits during mating season all the time I honestly don't see preventing pregnancy as a huge feature here. That can easily be achieved in any other way - it's not like the pill is the only safe contraceptive method. (And no, just because Howardette apparently don't know how to use a condom doesn't mean this has to happen to Shamy, too. The "careful" comment makes me think they tried the whole "only sex during infertile days" thing and since it was so shortly after Bernie gave birth her cycle hadn't been regular enough to track those properly, but that's just my theory.)

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

I am so sorry but the food poisoning part made me laugh so hard and I didn't even see it yet not to be dramatic but  I am about to cry with Sheldon cooking Amy dinner then getting sick and the bouncehouse them coitus scene is the best does tat mean Sheldon got Howard and Bernie back from when they had sex on his bed? because if it is I am so happy I wa waiting for that to happen it would have been so damn funny I love this episode already and I didn't even see it yet uggh my heart I am dead ok bye 

I don't know anything about hormones because I am just 16 but I know that when a person is feeling sick and throwing up they have to take a pregnancy test and she if  their preggers but that's just me again ia monly 16 yrs old and not preggers or married 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

I am so sorry but the food poisoning part made me laugh so hard and I didn't even see it yet not to be dramatic but  I am about to cry with Sheldon cooking Amy dinner then getting sick and the bouncehouse them coitus scene is the best does tat mean Sheldon got Howard and Bernie back from when they had sex on his bed? because if it is I am so happy I wa waiting for that to happen it would have been so damn funny I love this episode already and I didn't even see it yet uggh my heart I am dead ok bye 

I don't know anything about hormones because I am just 16 but I know that when a person is feeling sick and throwing up they have to take a pregnancy test and she if  their preggers but that's just me again ia monly 16 yrs old and not preggers or married 

I have had  food poisoning and never did a pregnancy test for that reason ! One thing doesnt imply the other, you know...

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

Seconding what @spidergirl said cause that is really not how this works. lol

When you should take a pregnancy test: 1) You had unprotected sex AND 2) your period is overdue. Most pregnancy tests don't show reliable results until then anyway. (Unless you're living in TBBT land where there are magical pregnancy tests that can apparently predict a future pregnancy a few weeks in advance. LOL)

The idea that throwing up equals pregnancy is a cliché as well btw. Not all women suffer from nausea during their pregnancy so that's not a reliable symptom in the first place.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

From the episode we are all waiting for...

111546_0415b.jpg

Those beautiful and warm smiles. The handholding.. *melts here* :wub:

18 minutes ago, April said:

Can we just skip 10x09 and go straight to this one?? lol

Hear, hear! Well, at least we have a week for we refill our fandom batteries for what 's coming from 11.10 and 11.11! I sense great chats among all of us!:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 2

1 hour ago, April said:

Seconding what @spidergirl said cause that is really not how this works. lol

When you should take a pregnancy test: 1) You had unprotected sex AND 2) your period is overdue. Most pregnancy tests don't show reliable results until then anyway. (Unless you're living in TBBT land where there are magical pregnancy tests that can apparently predict a future pregnancy a few weeks in advance. LOL)

The idea that throwing up equals pregnancy is a cliché as well btw. Not all women suffer from nausea during their pregnancy so that's not a reliable symptom in the first place.

Not all, but those who do like Bernadette did last time,can find it horrible.It's what Charlotte Bronte died from and how the world has known of the latest British royal babies on the way. Some women get it so badly they have to be hospitalised, like HRH. There are twins I know whose mother was in hospital for half the pregnancy. Not only that - they were conceived thanks to food poisoning. A double whammy for that family. ( If you have had sex even on the pill within the previous fourteen days you can conceive if your digestive system gets disburbed. Best to take a 'morning after' pill as soon as you can keep it down. And it might not work. ) Apparently in their prayers Jewish men thank God they were not born women. It's not always fun being female.

Edited by joyceraye
remembered something

Guys, the sneak peeks for 11.09 are up!! The one Shamy and Penny were talking seems great. So Shamy decided  wedding wont be on a cliff because it was too beachy, too cliffy and mostly too outsidy, lol! Sheldon saved the wedding guests from  falling over a wet cliff for good, aha! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Koala Face 1

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

Guys, the sneak peeks for 11.10 are up!! The one Shamy and Penny were talking seems great. So Shamy decided  wedding wont be on a cliff because it was too beachy, too cliffy and mostly too outsidy, lol! Sheldon saved the wedding guests from  falling over a wet cliff for good, aha! :icon_cheesygrin:

So much for Sheldon turning all the planning over to Amy.....It would have been so out of character for him not to insert himself into things.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Guys, the sneak peeks for 11.10 are up!! The one Shamy and Penny were talking seems great. So Shamy decided  wedding wont be on a cliff because it was too beachy, too cliffy and mostly too outsidy, lol! Sheldon saved the wedding guests from  falling over a wet cliff for good, aha! :icon_cheesygrin:

I like the reference, and also the fact it gives some sort of explanation of the fact that there's a contradiction between what they decided in 11.3 (Amy would have made the wedding preparation by herself) and  what happens in 11.10 (when they are both contributing to them). As @vonmar said, Sheldon probably tried, but not having a say in his own wedding was  not for him!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

can someone get me the sneek peek for 11x10 please 

As @April said, they haven't released those  yet. My mistake when I said the sneaks were from 11.10. I earlier mentioned that but my phone "ate" the comment...

My apologies for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

As @April said, they haven't released those  yet. My mistake when I said the sneaks were from 11.10. I earlier mentioned that but my phone "ate" the comment...

My apologies for that.

it's fine we all make mistakes I just want to see that episode so dang bad 

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2017 at 6:07 PM, vonmar said:

So much for Sheldon turning all the planning over to Amy.....It would have been so out of character for him not to insert himself into things.

She took  him with her to choose...should have known that would not end well. But I'm glad they are now working on it together.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

She took  him with her to choose...should have known that would not end well. But I'm glad they are now working on it together.

And I loved Amy did that! They only could work on their wedding together, they are truly a team for better and worst :)

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

21 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Hey guys, promo pics fro 11.11 are up, it's so cute to see how Sheldon planned such a nice birthday surprise for Amy, she seemed so happy for it! 

we did you see promo pics for11.11

• Like 2