[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 11

Tensor

14 hours ago, Sah said:

I would NOT choose Leonard. He is a total ass towards Sheldon. I don't really see them as friends anymore.  I would go for Penny as Maid of Honor and Howard or Raj for Best Man. Plus, it was Raj and Howard that set them up in the first place. Just my opinion...

Would be interesting if Raj got tapped to help with wedding planning and they made it him. Or Amy and Sheldon decide to use all family. She did say that she wanted her cousins to be ushers. Perhaps we'll see Missy again?

4 hours ago, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

I keep on thinking on Sheldon's dialogue about living in sin. I might be overly interpreting something from it but I couldn't help but be surprised that them, living in sin, was something in his mind. Maybe that is his reason why they are being intimate only once a year until now. He is somehow guilty that they are doing it without matrimonial blessing. Maybe growing up in a religious household has a toll on him more than he let on. I mean, no one wants thinking your mother's lecture on pre-marital sex while doing it.

I would agree if he had not caught Mary sleeping with the guy in her bible group. That made the whole point moot for me. Sheldon knows now his mother doesn't even mean that.

• Like 2

I just saw that sin thing as a way to get that gag in there about being married and doing it instead of according to the church sinful non-marital sex lol. Sheldon clearly doesn't care about living in sin, when they went to Texas and he was worried about Mary finding out because he didn't want to deal the sermon from his mother.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

@Die Zimtzicke @Jonny I forgot the scenes you mentioned. But you're right, if he really cares about it, they must have been married a long time ago.  I just got curious that it is the first thing that he would think of after he decided he wants to get married the next day. 

Anyway. I still can't get over it! I'm smiling like an idiot here all day. I have to say Sheldon's line "When you make a discovery like this, you don't take it to City Hall, you tell the whole world" is now my most favorite line in the whole run of TBBT

I really hope that they will continue this season 10 Sheldon and also this new character development for Raj. It really is a great episode. Everyone has their own spotlight that is not irritating and will make people complain. 

• Like 8

Just now, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

@Die Zimtzicke @Jonny I forgot the scenes you mentioned. But you're right, if he really cares about it, they must have been married a long time ago.  I just got curious that it is the first thing that he would think of after he decided he wants to get married the next day. 

Anyway. I still can't get over it! I'm smiling like an idiot here all day. I have to say Sheldon's line "When you make a discovery like this, you don't take it to City Hall, you tell the whole world" is now my most favorite line in the whole run of TBBT

I really hope that they will continue this season 10 Sheldon and also this new character development for Raj. It really is a great episode. Everyone has their own spotlight that is not irritating and will make people complain. 

Yeah it was a great line! :)

It's the sort of line you would see or expect during Season 10 but was kind of missing this season so far. So I am happy to see dialogue like that back.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, TBBTFanatic_Grace said:

Yes, this is so true. This episode not only has Shamy sweetness, but Raj's new development, everyone of them was very IC, they had their usual banter, but in a loving and funny way. Howard and Raj's argument intrigued the casual audience, they were worried about this "couple" and eager to know what would happen next. 

All in all, I think this is an excellent episode.

ETA: I just checked the comments again, more and more people were saying this episode got them teared up, because of both love and friendship.

LOVE THIS!!!

Edited by snapepans
add something
  • Like 8

This was my favorite TBBT this year.

Loved the Shamy scenes.  Sheldon's dark matter lines were awesome. I have missed this with them.

looks like we have two more Shamy episodes coming up:sungum:

I also loved the Raj storyline. It was so time for this!!!

Edited by Carey
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Anyway, I found it funny that he was very aware an "act of intimacy" was coming soon (no pun intended) and he wanted to make it "legal". A man has  needs, LOL!!! 

Oh noticed it too, so funny! And his smile here? It reminded when they were going to make frenzied lovemaking! Oh those amazing Shamy paralells scenes, lol! 

822a5753-1e14-4980-a70d-3b05d72dbc2b.gif

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, veejay said:

Please let me add this one too:

sham_104.gif.ea776b50d3c9550fb0c6b94b5ed2d2cf.gif

A tremendous perception, Dr. Cooper!
That was really nice.  :shy:

Scientists minds are rational but they are also in some cases sweet and passionate men to share a life with. One of the reasons most of us love to follow these couples daily lives. :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, shamymania said:

This has probably been my favorite episode of the season so far.  I enjoyed the Shamy moments, but I think the Raj story line is what sold me on it. This is Raj's (and Kunal Nayyar's) episode. In fact, I think it has been Raj's season, with the writers exploring Raj having more confidence in dating and now professionally.   I am glad that his character is finally receiving a real story line.

Just to repeat what everyone else has been saying: the dark matter comparison scene was so beautifully  written, and you can see Sheldon processing that he wants an actual wedding with a first dance.  I think it was important for Sheldon to say to Amy that he is is awe of the fact that they found each other when they both had completely dismissed the idea of love.

• Like 8

In Mayim's Grok Nation BTS article she talked about the pink suit she wore to City Hall...

"Granted, the pink three-piece suit was not a wedding gown, but it felt very “Amy,” right? And do you know that I actually wore that outfit once before on the show about 6 years ago? (The miracle was that it still fit!)"

I was trying to figure out where we had seen it before and I finally found it.  The Convention Conundrum (7x14) when the girls went to tea.

screen-shot-2014-02-02-at-15-04-04.png

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Granted, the pink three-piece suit was not a wedding gown, but it felt very “Amy,” right? And do you know that I actually wore that outfit once before on the show about 6 years ago? (The miracle was that it still fit!)

I didn't like it. I didn't think she looked good in it. It was nice to see her in a better dress than her usual clothes, but I didn't like this dress then and I still don't. She can be cute in nice clothes. Like the dress she wore with Dave. But this is still frumpy to me.

On 29/11/2017 at 12:07 AM, vonmar said:

It would have been so out of character for him not to insert himself into things.

On 29/11/2017 at 12:07 AM, vonmar said:

I imagine that's what Amy is relying on, for their wedding night. :laugh: 

Also, I'm really glad they didn't get married at City Hall, because they'd forgot something incredibly important.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

54 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Celebrating Amy's birthday! Even if I suspect this is Majim more than Shamy....

111594_WB_0379b.jpg

The calm before the storm....lol  :bad:

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Aww...they're matching that disgustimg mustardy brown, how cute!

I don't know why they feel the need to include a photo of the cast laughing while ooc in every bunch of promo photos. It's confusing.

Edited by Judith

9 minutes ago, Judith said:

Aww...they're matching that disgustimg mustardy brown, how cute!

I don't know why they feel the need to include a photo of the cast laughing while ooc in every bunch of promo photos. It's confusing.

Sheldon is trying to recreate a "Little House on the Prairie" feel here, so no electricity, just candles.  So the crew had to create a low light look that was filmable but would still simulate candlelight. Hence the odd glow.

I don't know if the casual viewer could tell the difference between a MaJim moment and a Shamy moment in promo pictures. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sheldon is trying to recreate a "Little House on the Prairie" feel here, so no electricity, just candles.  So the crew had to create a low light look that was filmable but would still simulate candlelight. Hence the odd glow.

I don't know if the casual viewer could tell the difference between a MaJim moment and a Shamy moment in promo pictures. 

If they can't then there's the risk of someone being disappointed or just confused if a certain moment isn't in the episode because it's just the cast fooling around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Judith said:

If they can't then there's the risk of someone being disappointed or just confused if a certain moment isn't in the episode because it's just the cast fooling around.

I honestly don't think that the casual viewer pays that much attention to promo pictures.  They are released mostly for the press to promote the show.

• Like 3

I rewatched 1110 again and again this weekend, and I noticed a tiny little detail.

In the city hall scene, Sheldon said that they were getting married, and the new Star Wars movie was coming out, they were really finishing this year strong.

And then Amy wanted to know: "Of the two of tho......" Then she stopped herself from asking.

I think at that time, she wanted to know which event was more important to Sheldon, but then she remembered that Sheldon came to her apartment to celebrate her birthday instead of going to watch the premiere of that Star Wars movie two years ago, so she already knew who was more important to Sheldon. So she stopped her question.

Or, hypothetically, maybe Sheldon indeed loves Star Wars more, but there is no comparison between her (the love of Sheldon's life) and his hobby, so no need to get to the bottom of this.

I really love this little detail, because it showed me, after the break up, Amy also learned to appreciate Sheldon's effort in this relationship, to see things in Sheldon's perspective, to cherish his love for her. I'm not saying she didn't do all of this before the break up, I just think now she would appreciate him more, cherish him more...

---------------------------------

This episode really gave me a lot of feels, maybe this sounds a little bit cheesy, but I'm loving their love.   Haha.   :xmascouple:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, snapepans said:

I rewatched 1110 again and again this weekend, and I noticed a tiny little detail.

In the city hall scene, Sheldon said that they were getting married, and the new Star Wars movie was coming out, they were really finishing this year strong.

And then Amy wanted to know: "Of the two of tho......" Then she stopped herself from asking.

I think at that time, she wanted to know which event was more important to Sheldon, but then she remembered that Sheldon came to her apartment to celebrate her birthday instead of going to watch the premiere of that Star Wars movie two years ago, so she already knew who was more important to Sheldon. So she stopped her question.

Or, hypothetically, maybe Sheldon indeed loves Star Wars more, but there is no comparison between her (the love of Sheldon's life) and his hobby, so no need to get to the bottom of this.

I really love this little detail, because it showed me, after the break up, Amy also learned to appreciate Sheldon's effort in this relationship, to see things in Sheldon's perspective, to cherish his love for her. I'm not saying she didn't do all of this before the break up, I just think now she would appreciate him more, cherish him more...

---------------------------------

This episode really gave me a lot of feels, maybe this sounds a little bit cheesy, but I'm loving their love.   Haha.   :xmascouple:

To me it feels like they wanted to set up a joke about "haw haw Sheldon might say that he loves Star Wars more because he's still Sheldon!" as a red herring (and seeing all the S6 Sheldon stuff this season I'd even say how blurting out something like this had Any pushed for it works as a legitimate fear here lol) only to then turn around and shock everyone with that incredible heartfelt speech about wanting a real wedding and a dance and how Amy is better than dark matter.

Like, one moment you sit there praying "please don't ruin this, Sheldon" (and by Sheldon I mostly mean the writers with their weird retro Sheldon writing this season lol) and then WHAM! the speech happens and you're like "HOW COULD I EVER DOUBT YOU, SHELLY, YOU ADORKABLE LOVE DRUNKEN NERD!!??"

hearteyesmf.gif.7a7d73fb56ca00be66eed654c2efb43d.gif

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 2