[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 11

Tensor

35 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

(Crawls in through the back door in dark embarrassed how long it’s been)......That was just gorgeous! All those flashbacks of all the typical trashing of their relationship by Sheldon, Howard and Raj completely destroyed by a simple scene of pure Lenny perfection. Proof that she simply loved him. Confirmed that the wore her down theory is pure BS. I don’t care how many times we hear that crap, the writers have finally given us on screen evidence this love is beautiful. Thank you for the gift!( sneaks back out to get back to the never ending work that’s kept me away.....)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to read your posts again @Itwasdestined !  Also a big YES to the content.

This is the Penny we knew was there.  The Penny who enthusiastically asked Leonard about his whiteboard on day one.  The Penny who stands up to Kurt at the Halloween party.  The Penny who said only to herself "It means I wish you weren’t going". The Penny who was distraught at listening to Wil Wheaton's more than likely false story at the bowling alley and then by her ensuing decision and who regretted it for nearly two years afterward.  The Penny who after sabotaging a Valentine's Day dinner admitted that she'll probably end up marrying him (and repeating herself in this amazing [for us] episode).         All the snarky comments by his friends.  The predictions of an eventual divorce by Dr. Cooper.  All of it.  It means nothing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know we are all on ‘Cloud 9’ about the video of Penny expressing her love for Leonard but didn’t Zack also say before that she use to talk about Leonard all the time even when she went out with Zack.  What girl talks about her old boyfriend with her new boyfriend except one that is still not over that old boyfriend.

Just now, SRAM said:

You know we are all on ‘Cloud 9’ about the video of Penny expressing her love for Leonard but didn’t Zack also say before that she use to talk about Leonard all the time even when she went out with Zack.  What girl talks about her old boyfriend with her new boyfriend except one that is still not over that old boyfriend.

I think people like seeing Penny actually say it instead of something said off screen.

You know too, it now sort of makes more sense why Penny was so upset about Leonard sleeping with Dr. Slutbunny, she was still very much in love with him even though they were broken up.

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think people like seeing Penny actually say it instead of something said off screen.

You’re right actually seeing it is so much better.

8 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Great point SRAM!  We were all loving the video and skipped right past that juicy bit!!!!!  You know she wanted to say "I love you too" instead of "thank you".  She just didn't trust herself......A momentous episode!  (thank heaven Molaro is busy elsewhere!!!!)

26 minutes ago, SRAM said:

You know too, it now sort of makes more sense why Penny was so upset about Leonard sleeping with Dr. Slutbunny, she was still very much in love with him even though they were broken up.

To me it was obvious all along. I didn't think she didn't love him and wanted to break up, she was scared and pressured. Her loving him back then is not new to me at all, what is new is that she was thinking about marrying him even back then. 

The more you think about it the bigger a deal it is because the only guy we saw Penny with, when her and Leonard were broken up, was Zack and now we know she talked to Zack about Leonard.  Also we know she would get drunk and get upset she wasn’t with Leonard, we saw that before when she got drunk with Raj, again she was sad over Leonard, and again the night she came drunk to Leonard and slept with him.  These are all the actions of a girl in love, the same girl that attacked Leonard when he came home from the North Pole.  

Just now, bfm said:

To me it was obvious all along. I didn't think she didn't love him and wanted to break up, she was scared and pressured. Her loving him back then is not new to me at all, what is new is that she was thinking about marrying him even back then. 

Very true, I got a kick out of her trying to learn to spell Hofstadter, I could just picture her doodling on a pad “Penny Hofstadter”.

Looking forward - I think it is the next episode where Leonard says to Penny she is sometimes too mean to him (something like that) and she is surprised, even scared he might leave her and tries to compliment him. I really like this trend that seems to be going on this season of Penny realizing the way she treats or had treated Leonard sometimes makes it so that he doesn't really know how much she loves him and what she loves about him. As a result Leonard is also learning more about his wife's love for him. Though not a decent arch (hence my use of "trend") I am loving this. So so much better than what we had in seasons 8-10.

Edited by bfm

I woke up at 3 AM and found the episode on Amazon and watched it again and then again. The affirmation of the love we saw in this episode (and all the heartfelt  comments and sweet pictures on this thread made by die hard Lennies) is a balm to an aching sadness about our couple which has been growing over the last few seasons. 

I think Johnny and Kaley played their scenes perfectly. This is what loving each other looks like!

Happiness.jpg

5 hours ago, SRAM said:

That has to be the most adorable scene of Leonard and Penny we have had in several seasons.  The “That’s My Wife” reminds me of the time Penny punched Sheldon for waking and scaring her to get that ring and Leonard said “ That’s My Girl”.  BTW how many people, like me, thought Sheldon should have got another punch tonight after it was discovered he stole all that money.

I actually thought for a moment that Leonard might deck him, he looked absolutely furious, great acting by Johnny.

41 minutes ago, Zhalen565 said:

I actually thought for a moment that Leonard might deck him, he looked absolutely furious, great acting by Johnny.

So do I!
(Mildly OT), but Zack gives me some pleasure this episode.

n_00453.gif.4ba881dc6d55b500a759e68041281fe9.gif

I like him, he is such a handsome people,  damn right, he is, you know. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by veejay

40 minutes ago, Zhalen565 said:

Leonard couldn’t get away with decking him, but Penny could have, afterall think about how many new shoes Sheldon cost her.

4 minutes ago, bulldogjwhit said:

Anybody else wondering about Penny's job? Unless I've missed something they haven't shown her at work, and they haven't had her mention work either. She hasn't seemed to have been in work clothes either.

Yea. She only been at Howard's, 4A and 4B

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Yea. She only been at Howard's, 4A and 4B

Must have alot of time off!  I think it would be terrific if they could write a story where Penny receives a sales award for her accomplishments  It would give her a solid storyline to say the least.

2 hours ago, veejay said:

So do I!
(Mildly OT), but Zack gives me some pleasure this episode.

n_00453.gif.4ba881dc6d55b500a759e68041281fe9.gif

I like him, he is such a handsome people,  damn right, he is, you know. :icon_cheesygrin:

Zack has always been a Lenny shipper LOL

I loved the episode so much! ( I know it was not perfect because of the wrong timeline)...

But I think its important to focus on the other side that I wish we had seen sooner. Of course Penny was a mess in terms of her career and then she falls in love and I feel she felt lost...was she clinging to him because he was always willing to help her? Was she going to harm him as she dealt with insecurities and failures? and so on. So  many things about this wonderful couple behind every single one of their actions for each other. 

I also LOVED the "I married you jack ass"...like duh! Of course she has always loved him. 

And like @3ku11 has mentioned, Zack has always been a Lenny shipper. Zack added another element to the development of the story and he is always so happy to have the Hofstadters over ;)

Looking forward to more moments like these. I can watch this episode over and over. 

17 hours ago, SRAM said:

That has to be the most adorable scene of Leonard and Penny we have had in several seasons.  The “That’s My Wife” reminds me of the time Penny punched Sheldon for waking and scaring her to get that ring and Leonard said “ That’s My Girl”.  BTW how many people, like me, thought Sheldon should have got another punch tonight after it was discovered he stole all that money.

I totally agree with you, the video with Penny with was really cute even though she was too drunk and our sweet Lenny looked really adorable watching the video with Zack. Looking back at Lenny's scenes in season 10 and the change to this season is just so amazing ,so I have no problem at all  with Mr Molaro being on YS.