[Spoilers] Lenny: Season 11

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As promised, here's my finished drawing for the opening of the season 11 Lenny thread. The cat's alive

It’s probably already been said, but one amazing side note from the finale (and who among us who truly loves these two is surprised?) was the love of their friends and the true and complete happiness

Defines Penny's true nature. Despite all outward appearances of her and stories of her being able to get any man because of her looks, despite all the snarky, insensitive, ill-conceived crap that's co

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bfm said:

The proud of you - love you   was very cute and felt natural. Sure, Leonard messed up but it wasn't too bad... They're not perfect. 

ETA: I also liked that Penny rejected to the suggestion she'd leave Leonard for Gates. In previous seasons (8-10) they would have had her laughing at that. Maybe it's the writers responding to the complaints on these jokes?

They are starting to be written as a married couple instead of two people who are married.:icon_wink:

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 5Mississippis said:

'But then I was like 'Hey' and they were like 'Wut?' and I was like 'Ya know' and they were like 'Okay ...' 

LOL! 

Leonard, ever the wordsmith! 

Really enjoyed the show last night and especially the Lenny! Love that they wrote them like an actual couple! 

Really like it too when they write the Leonard/Howard/Raj triumvirate vs Sheldon! Love that formula and last night's show felt very vintage that way! 

Loved the Shelnard hug! 

I'm so happy, to celebrate I'm going to call the La Quinta Inn in Thousand Oaks and ask for Hernandez! 

I seriously believe that was the best episode in a long time. They made some cute kinda funny episodes in the past, but last night was fall down laughing your ass off funny. I do love the episodes where Sheldon is the butt of the jokes. Mainly because they are few and far between these days.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 5
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Best Lenny episode since a looooooong time!

n_0467.gif.cdb4b290f1a19a473c51a2ea6a2f8346.gif

I liked Penny the best. Her cheerful seriousness, which she approached the new task in her job was catching and apparent. Leonard, well, once a nerd, always a nerd but he knew it "I'm screwed!". (Sometimes it seams like a lasting damage. Thanks to Beverly.)

n_0493.gif.d0e0c97193c8abaec33914075fc7c22b.gif

l_227.gif.5b8730a6c691363581146429c57683cb.gif

Oh and yes, it's still a comedy for me. :icon_cheesygrin:

I think I liked best where she is serious about her job and wants to do good with Bill Gates and maybe enhance her status to a PR position.  In Jessica Radloff's review of the episode she mentioned this and hopes the writers keep on with this story arc.....Penny surely needs a meaningful plotline.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, veejay said:

I liked Penny the best. Her cheerful seriousness, which she approached the new task in her job was catching and apparent. Leonard, well, once a nerd, always a nerd but he knew it "I'm screwed!". (Sometimes it seams like a lasting damage. Thanks to Beverly.)

Penny was great!

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, veejay said:

I  haven't seen the whole episode but I really liked Penny in this episode. She was charming and sweet  against Leonard and she was also very serious with her work. 

It would be nice if the writers could do more Penny plots  in the future 

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, luminous said:

Really liked Leonard and Penny's interaction in tonight's episode. :shy:

lenny1118-01.gif.d0c799afb0d8409e67d4a41680cc6226.gif

lenny1118-02.gif.0e1b5749ed7456c5f3436cf8ddc861a0.gif

Source: https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/video/

I am so thrilled after some pretty average seasons for them. That they seem so content and happy with each other. Their was periord around S8 it was like ehhh. I feel like the aliens that were invading Penny's body. Are gone now. Makes you wonder why they were writing Penny in S8-10 so snarky and such a worn down house wife. When she's really only in her 30s and got so much life ahead of her. So its good now the shows in his last run. To see them in such a great place. I have yet to see the episode so have yet to have an informed opinion of the episode.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I am so thrilled after some pretty average seasons for them. That they seem so content and happy with each other. Their was periord around S8 it was like ehhh. I feel like the aliens that were invading Penny's body. Are gone now. Makes you wonder why they were writing Penny in S8-10 so snarky and such a worn down house wife. When she's really only in her 30s and got so much life ahead of her. So its good now the shows in his last run. To see them in such a great place. I have yet to see the episode so have yet to have an informed opinion of the episode.

You can't see me, but I'm giving you two thumbs up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Perhaps Molaro thought this was a funny thing for Penny, and now Holland thinks a little bit different about  how to write Penny.

I'm guessing that TPTB got a wake up call at the end of last season when Molaro was interviewed about the future for Lenny, and he was surprised to know that fans of the show thought there was going to be a divorce between Leonard and Penny. 

This season is so much better when it comes to Lenny, for the first time for a long time we see a really happy married couple.  

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

57 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Perhaps Molaro thought this was a funny thing for Penny, and now Holland thinks a little bit different about  how to write Penny.

I'm guessing that TPTB got a wake up call at the end of last season when Molaro was interviewed about the future for Lenny, and he was surprised to know that fans of the show thought there was going to be a divorce between Leonard and Penny. 

This season is so much better when it comes to Lenny, for the first time for a long time we see a really happy married couple.  

Reading Molaro, Lorre and Holland's interviews from season 10 on I got the feeling they didn't realize how what they wrotw came across. They thought they were writing funny married-couple banter and typical fighting, but that is not what came across. Now they seem to be very aware of that and careful to show Lenny happy and secure, especially in their writing of Penny who to me seems so much more IC than in seasons 8-10.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 8

^^^
        ^^^
                ^^^
n_0497.gif.b7754e1d0096a0c3db3ee6a5a6541fd5.gif

It seams like a little easter miracle. Every "bunny" has its day. Unbelievable, but true. I haven't been able to cut so many funny excerpts from an episode for my little "jifs" for a long time, especially about Lennie's. For just as long I didn't enjoy stumbling over "the kid with the 2 shirts" again and again after every little performance by our two heroes.

n_0471.gif.dd2c9a862e0802c7525f8682f8ebfe19.gif

Oh, you gentle hope!  :shy:

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Happy, happy birthday @Tonstar17 !!! I wish I was a bit more computer savvy so that I could provide an amazing Leonard & Penny gif that would make you laugh or warm the cockles of your heart (nothing like warm cockles on a birthday!! 😉). Evil, awful, nasty Sheldon would tell you that cockles is a corruption of the Latin “cochleae” (ventricles) in “cochleae cordis” (ventricles of the heart). But anywa....have a great day I lift a cold, frothy beverage in your honor (I’m doing this in my imagination as it is 7:45 a.m. and my old decrepit constitution is long past early morning beer consumption!) happy birthday mate!!! 🎂🎉🎁🎊🍻🍺

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

have a great day I lift a cold, frothy beverage in your honor (I’m doing this in my imagination as it is 7:45 a.m. and my old decrepit constitution is long past early morning beer consumption!) happy birthday mate!!! 🎂🎉🎁🎊🍻🍺

At 56 I have found that a Starbucks mocha coffee energy drink with a shot of Kailuha helps make the day start on a happy note :fi_lone_ranger:

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1