Jump to content

Kaley Cuoco


Tripper

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, SRAM said:

She brought that on herself intentionally when she put her strongly worded view on putting the lions lives above a humans.  There was actually swearing in her comment so for her to not expect similar responses from people who take an opposite view would be a little naive.  She even said she expected flack from her view.  Her leaving that picture on, as her last image, for several days (very uncommon for her) sort of infers she doesn't care about the comments as they keep building.

I actually have the same view. If I had the choice of either releasing a human or a lion/tiger out of a cage at the price of the other captive dying, in terms of species I would save the lion, simply because they are a lot rarer than humans. Only the sociological aspects makes a human save another human

Edited by son-goku5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

I actually have the same view. If I had the choice of either releasing a human or a lion/tiger out of a cage at the price of the other captive dying, in terms of species I would save the lion, simply because they are a lot rarer than humans. Only the sociological aspects makes a human save another human

See that is where you and I disagree, although I am against the senseless extinction of animals, I would not put an animal before a human, that sociological aspect you reference is what civilization is about.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rightly or wrongly there seems to be this view that if an animal harms a human being it has to be put down as the incident can change the psychological or behavioral actions of that animal. I would presume the fear is that those zookeepers who have looked after the animals would have been at a lot more risk after the animals attacked the man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Rightly or wrongly there seems to be this view that if an animal harms a human being it has to be put down as the incident can change the psychological or behavioral actions of that animal. I would presume the fear is that those zookeepers who have looked after the animals would have been at a lot more risk after the animals attacked the man.

Strangely, if a human shoots an animal for fun, it's seen as despicable behavior but the person doesn't get punished if (s)he's rich enough. Like that a$$hole son of Donald Trump who killed an elephant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

There was actually swearing in her comment so for her to not expect similar responses from people who take an opposite view would be a little naive.  She even said she expected flack from her view.

Yes, she wrote "I know the more I say, the more trouble I will get into"...so she knew exactly that backlash would follow her posting. But I'm pretty sure she will adhere to that cause and won't take back any of her words. Kaley is a very outspoken person. On "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" two and a half weeks ago, she said herself that she is outspoken and that this got her in trouble before. And she added that getting in trouble is what is supposed to happen if you are outspoken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The officials first tried non lethal methods by using a fire hose on the lions, then fired a tranquilizer dart at the lions but missed and hit the man, the lions then pounced on the man so they shot them.  The zookeepers did try non lethal methods first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know she went Cattle Decapitation on her Instagram thats for sure.I understand the different opinions on here but it does not seem that controversial that none of the tabloids are talking about it.

Edited by The preacher
agin nothing wrong with the first sentance ,so I am puting it back.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/05/2016 at 1:41 PM, luminous said:

Absolutely! Kaley is not only sweet...she's also beautiful, likeable, nice, friendly, charming, confident, funny, smart, bubbly, down-to-earth, animal-loving...there's really nothing negative you can say about this great woman. :icon_biggrin: *fanboytalking* :icon_cheesygrin:

My gf adores Kaley even more than me. She has a serious girl crush towards her from time to time, that can be really annoying. :icon_cheesygrin:

Sounds like Penny. And there was I thinking she was acting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to admit I was disappointed in her for what she said. To me it was ill considered. Don't get me wrong I admire the fact that she champions animals rights, but the man who attempted suicide in this way was mentally unwell and as much a victim of this tragedy as the lions. He certainly didn't deserve labelling as a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TBBT78 said:

I have to admit I was disappointed in her for what she said. To me it was ill considered. Don't get me wrong I admire the fact that she champions animals rights, but the man who attempted suicide in this way was mentally unwell and as much a victim of this tragedy as the lions. He certainly didn't deserve labelling as a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:shy: I understand metal illness is not a good thing but just because you are trying to commit suicide does not mean you are mentally ill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, The preacher said:

:shy: I understand metal illness is not a good thing but just because you are trying to commit suicide does not mean you are mentally ill.

Correct, but the poor zoo officials had a very few minutes to decide what to do, they tried non-lethal methods and things got worse instead of better, so they chose the path that put the human's life before the animals.  At the time they had no idea the man's mental state or why it was even happening, they just acted with compassion for another human being.  It is easy for us to dissect this after it is over, when we have the luxury of time, but based on how little time they had to make the right decision and what data they had available to them, I think they did the best they could.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

This moving up to compete in the Grand Prix events means she can now compete in Europe in the Grand Prix with Karl now, right?

Not sure how Kaley reconciles her supposed love of horses (kissing etc) with the short term and long term injuries (and even death) suffered by show jumping horses. Hoof injuries bone injuries are not uncommon. God forbid she should ever take up dressage which causes more injuries than  show jumping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While she could go to Europe (although that's highly unlikely), and compete in lesser events, she is no where near  Karl's level, nor, for that matter, anywhere near international competition level.  She's not ranked on the FEI rankings, nor is she ranked in the USEF rankings about 350 riders).  Karl is 301 on FEI and there are currently 3053 ranked riders in the world, he's listed as 32nd in the US).

That Kaley competed (she didn't place in the Gran Prix, but she place in four of the other five events in which she competed) shows she is improving, but she has a way's to go before she gets to International level competition.  

Here's a metaphor for you, she's on her colleges football  (Soccer to those in the US) team, not on her national under 20 team.  While Karl is on the US World Cup team, but he's not a starter yet.   Perhaps not highly accurate, but it should give you an idea of the different levels they are on.

 

Here's a clip of her riding in the Gran Prix on Poker Face:

 

Here she is on SiBella in the 1.30 class:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it´s awesome that she has this hobby,and she is doing great. But  I guess that the people at CBS and WB is not happy that she rides. Now with larger horses and higher jumps the risk of injuries is also higher.

Edited by Lagernisse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good week for US tv viewers who want to see Kaley's movies.  SHOW is showing "Burning Bodhi" at 5 am (EDT) on Monday.  STARZ is showing "The Wedding Ringer" 3 times--Wed. at 4:30 pm (EDT), Thurs. at 8 am (EDT), and Sat. at 2:35 pm (EDT)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a little bit of trivia on a lazy Sunday afternoon :wink:: A few weeks ago there were people here (including me), who wondered if Kaley is still smoking. Well, we don't know for sure if she's smoking as of May 29, 2016, but she was definitely a smoker in the fall of 2013, during the filming of "The Wedding Ringer".

*

:smoke:

Edited by luminous
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the bright side, it made her turn in "Burning Bodhi" more realistic.  She looks like a smoker in that movie.  In older movies (or recent movies and TV shows that depict a time when smoking was more accepted) are many cases where an actor has to smoke in a scene, and you can tell (especially from the viewpoint of an ex-smoker) that the actor has no idea how to act as if they are smoking.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ajond said:

Not sure how Kaley reconciles her supposed love of horses (kissing etc) with the short term and long term injuries (and even death) suffered by show jumping horses. Hoof injuries bone injuries are not uncommon. God forbid she should ever take up dressage which causes more injuries than  show jumping.

 

11 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I think it´s awesome that she has this hobby,and she is doing great. But  I guess that the people at CBS and WB is not happy that she rides. Now with larger horses and higher jumps the risk of injures is also higher.

I understand we all fear the day she might get what happened to Christopher Reeve when he had his horse jumping accident but we need to remember Kaley is a grown women who can make her own choices in life.

 

We all hope she can not get injured as bad as Mr.Reeve did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.