The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

33 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Oh well.  Here we go.....My nephew was not deployed to Iran and Afghanistan with the US Marines a total of 4 times (with a 5th deployment imminent) to protect a symbol like a flag or a song or any other inanimate object.  Men and women serve and are wounded and die each day for their country, for their fellow citizens and for a way of life that we in the US often take for granted.  If we could spend our time acknowledging what living, human people (and their families) go through to insure that way of life; to protect our country, instead of getting up in arms each time we see someone doing different things with a piece of cloth it would make a lot more sense to me.  Again, as I pointed out in my earlier post there are so many "desecrations" to the flag each day in the way it is displayed and handled, beyond what young, unaware people are doing.....(I'm now giving up this rant, but, really....)

Symbols are how a society communicates things that are difficult to articulate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol

We can both agree that symbols, like "The first black president" can be very powerful drivers of society.

We just disagree on what symbols are important.

8 minutes ago, veejay said:

Ultimately Trivial!

True dat.

9 minutes ago, Disgusted said:

Symbols are how a society communicates things that are difficult to articulate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol

We can both agree that symbols, like "The first black president" can be very powerful drivers of society.

True dat.

Ah! But symbols and symbolism can be used by anyone to mean anything.  Facts are what they are: truth; although the interpretation of facts can be equally malleable.  It looks like we will have to agree to disagree on inanimate symbols....... 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Disgusted said:

True dat.

cheers.gif

• Like 1

Please keep the discussion civil and to the limited point about Kaley's Instagram post.

Obviously a clear cultural difference has been highlighted here by the discussion of flags and though it may be interesting, this probably isn't the place to fully explore that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tripper said:

Please keep the discussion civil and to the limited point about Kaley's Instagram post.

Obviously a clear cultural difference has been highlighted here by the discussion of flags and though it may be interesting, this probably isn't the place to fully explore that.

Thank you Tripper.  I apologize for my overzealous contribution......

Kaley apolgizes for her unintentional disrespect. I personally think she did nothing wrong, she was reckless, but I See no disrespect from Kaley at all. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, SRAM said:

The American flag is not suppose to touch the ground, so using it as a ground cloth for your dogs is beyond disrespect.  It is not only showing disrespect for your flag, or your country but it is also disrespect to the men and women who defend it and serve under that flag.

I guess she finally got what she did wrong because she took that picture down off of Instagram.  

You know, in a country where people wear flag underwear, the flag touching the ground shouldn't such a "sacrilege"...

• Like 1

I think Kaley's apology provides a clear bookend to this debate, so now it's best to move on. :)

• Like 5

Kaley will attend an event called "Barks N Bubbles Champagne Brunch - Breakfast at Sniffany's" in Westlake Village, CA on July, 17th.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I really hope it's not.

Well i am just saying that as creatively speaking show is prob on its last run. Commercially it justifies more then s10. I am just saying I can see it ending in s10, not that I want it too. And I am sure Kaley well continue to the end. 

Oh that is not hers? Thought for a sec she is rushing things with Karl a bit haha. But yeah steady on Kaley.

2 hours ago, veejay said:

:shy:

Adorable! :shy: Kaley looks so natural with the baby.

In the Cosmopolitan interview a few months ago she said 'I thought I'd have a baby by now'.  I hope her wish for child will come true some day.

• Like 2

For those who don't know, this little one's mother is Amy Davidson, who played Kaley's younger sister (even though Amy is older than Kaley) in "8 Simple Rules".

• Like 4

Hmmm it is clear Kaley wants a baby, I mean she even said so. I Wonder if Karl is on the same page as her? Who knows. I am sure they have prob talked about even the notion. Kaley clearly wants a family, so if this guy is not a serious thing, I Don't see wheres the long term investment. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmmm it is clear Kaley wants a baby, I mean she even said so. I Wonder if Karl is on the same page as her? Who knows. I am sure they have prob talked about even the notion. Kaley clearly wants a family, so if this guy is not a serious thing, I Don't see wheres the long term investment. 

I can only agree, and I think Kaley wants a baby soon rather than later.

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Baby fever :icon_cheesygrin:

Really cute photo, Kaley seems to be so relaxed with babies and make them laugh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

For those who don't know, this little one's mother is Amy Davidson, who played Kaley's younger sister (even though Amy is older than Kaley) in "8 Simple Rules".

Here's a picture with the little one's mother.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

I can only agree, and I think Kaley wants a baby soon rather than later.

Really cute photo, Kaley seems to be so relaxed with babies and make them laugh

Well she is in her thirties. Kaley did say she thought she would have a baby by now. Johnny is available, for some surrogate  stuff haha. None of us know how serious they are. But she just got out of a marrage, she thought was going to for the rest of her life. And now she is head first into this relationship. Not judging, just observing her behaviour. Well see watch this space. 

• Like 1