The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

Just read that Ryan made $156 playing tennis this year. Supposedly his career is over. Granted the source is the Star but that's a story that's sort of believable.

Just read that Ryan made $156 playing tennis this year. Supposedly his career is over. Granted the source is the Star but that's a story that's sort of believable.

He still hasn't returned to the circuit .................

He still hasn't returned to the circuit .................

No. the article implied why would he now?

And he made that earlier in the year before his injury

He wasn't injured this year, his operation was last year.

I think I have  a better chance of going on the Professional circuit than Ryan (and I haven't played tennis for 20 years). Let's face it he's found his niche - her name is Kaley. Would you leave her to try the circuit when (at best) you would be a journeyman. Maybe she can set him up in a tennis school where he could coach middle-aged ladies or kids.

I think I have  a better chance of going on the Professional circuit than Ryan (and I haven't played tennis for 20 years). Let's face it he's found his niche - her name is Kaley. Would you leave her to try the circuit when (at best) you would be a journeyman. Maybe she can set him up in a tennis school where he could coach middle-aged ladies or kids.

You do realize his mother's net worth is close to double that of Kaley's, right? As Cindy Sweeting is the president of Templeton Investment Counsel, LLC and the director of portfolio management for the Templeton Global Equity Group (TGEG), and as a result handles over and estimated $200 million of the companies assets, I'm quite sure his tennis winnings and early endorsement deals have been well invested. She didn't marry a pauper, but someone who is quite capable of keeping up with her finances.

• Like 4

You do realize his mother's net worth is close to double that of Kaley's, right? As Cindy Sweeting is the president of Templeton Investment Counsel, LLC and the director of portfolio management for the Templeton Global Equity Group (TGEG), and as a result handles over and estimated $200 million of the companies assets, I'm quite sure his tennis winnings and early endorsement deals have been well invested. She didn't marry a pauper, but someone who is quite capable of keeping up with her finances.

I wasn't implying that he married her for her money. more that his tennis tour days are very likely over because he wouldn.t have the motivation to leave her.

Well the comment, 

Maybe she can set him up in a tennis school where he could coach middle-aged ladies or kids.

Seemed to indicate you thought he was reliant on her income.  I was just pointing out he has plenty of money to start his own tennis school, if he wants.  And if he doesn't want to go back to the tour, he doesn't need to, completely independent of Kaley.

OK, I happened to see his net earnings for the year but it was a few months ago and assumed he got injured this year

Well the comment, 

Seemed to indicate you thought he was reliant on her income.  I was just pointing out he has plenty of money to start his own tennis school, if he wants.  And if he doesn't want to go back to the tour, he doesn't need to, completely independent of Kaley.

OK 'she can set him up' gave an impression I was not trying for. My bad.

So what you are saying is between his mommy and his wife the the boy never has to work again in his life? Except of course to take care of her dogs when she is on a shoot?

So what you are saying is between his mommy and his wife the the boy never has to work again in his life? Except of course to take care of her dogs when she is on a shoot?

Not at all, look at the post. What I'm saying is he is not and never has had to struggle for money. His mother is the President of one of the divisions of Franklin Templeton. You don't get to be president of a division of a major investing firm by not knowing what you are doing and she had been with FT for 25 years. He's won over a million in (OFFICIAL) prize money, there is no telling how much he's made from appearance and other fees and money. He's had endorsement deals (one with Nike for over a million). Yeah he hasn't had anything of note since 2012, but he won the Junior US Open in 2005 (which led to his Nike deal), and was also getting money from the Bahamian Tennis Federation. So I would assume, absent of any other evidence, that he has a quite healthy portfolio. That he doesn't have to work is a given. But it's not because of his mother (unless you want to denigrate him for having his mother, and expert by all accounts, invest for him), nor is it because of Kaley. Is his net worth or income in Kaley's range. Probably not, but who is? I just don't understand those petty, jealous people out there insinuate that he's a worthless bum, who is mooching off his his wife, but who can't even do a modicum of research that will prove them wrong, before spouting off. But I suppose taking pot shots at visible people is par for the course when anonymous people don't have a life outside of the internet.

• Like 7

I just don't understand those petty, jealous people out there insinuate that he's a worthless bum, who is mooching off his his wife, but who can't even do a modicum of research that will prove them wrong, before spouting off. But I suppose taking pot shots at visible people is par for the course when anonymous people don't have a life outside of the internet.

This times infinity. I suppose that some people make such comments out of some kind of concern for Kaley, but it tends to come across as petty sniping, a "how dare such a lazy, worthless bum like you have the gall to latch yourself onto the divine perfection that is my Kaley!" kind of thing. The only thing that accomplishes is to make the poster look petty and ridiculous.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

People just don't even stop to think, and this is particularly true when it comes to celebrities.

So often people talk about celebrities as though they are products rather than people. Kind of dehumanizing.

Kaley (and Jim for that matter) seems to be posting a lot less on Instagram these days. That coupled with her taking down her Twitter feed leaves a little bit of a gap.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, but they can go back to the apartment and rub cooling ointment on all those nasty old bites. I don't know about you, but rubbing ointment on Penny sounds like fun, I bet Leonard would enjoy that and vis-a-vis.

I think leonard will hate it. Lol but I am willing to step in. I know... It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

"I volunteer! I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!"

"I volunteer! I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!"

Lol. Really.. what experience do you have in this field?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Lol. Really.. what experience do you have in this field?

I'd brag about my massage skills with ladies in the past, but I doubt my wife would approve. ;)

• Like 1