Kaley Cuoco

Tripper

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kaley (and Jim for that matter) seems to be posting a lot less on Instagram these days. That coupled with her taking down her Twitter feed leaves a little bit of a gap.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

It also seems the tabloids are following her less and less these days.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice that Kaley doesn't seem to be on set this week?  For some reason they were working on a Sunday or perhaps Mayim just posted on a Sunday?  Kaley was buzy with a baby shower it would seem on Sunday,  and today Mayim once again posts everyone else onset except Kaley?  Meanwhile Kaley is at an Elle Event?

Kaely is getting her star on Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 29th

Variety @Variety 16m16 minutes ago

Exclusive: Kaley Cuoco will be honored with star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 29. Via @Wofstargirl

Ana Martinez @wofstargirl 11m11 minutes ago

Actress Kaley Cuoco 2B honored with Hollywood Walk of Fame star on Oct. 29 at 11:30 a.m. The Gang from the Big Bang will be there to hang!

• Like 4

Okay please explain it to me, someone said before that they buy those Stars. Is it an award or an honor or do they just buy them for themselves. If she is buying it, isn't that just being a Diva? I personally think it would be cool if they did one for the whole cast together.

WOF stars are indeed purchased, but I'm wondering if there is a rule that states you cannot purchase one for yourself (as that would indeed be the height of "diva-ness"). I think it's more a marketing tool nowadays, frankly, but if it gets her a little extra recognition, why not?

• Like 1

The short answer is the stars are not purchased by the star. They have to be nominated, selected by the selection committee.

People have to be nominated by someone (it can be anyone including fans) other than themselves. Nominees (or their management company) have to approve it. Nominees have to have a minimum of five years in the entertainment business and a history of "Charitable Contributions". About 200 people are nominated each year, and the selection committee (which is part of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce) selects about 20 people (one is posthumous each year). The rest of the nominees are rolled over to the next year, or, if they have been a nominee for two years, are dropped from the list of nominees, unless they are renominated.

Those selected are contacted and have to agree to come to a mandatory appearance at the unveiling. The nominating organization (be it a fan club, film studio, recording company, production company, etc has to pay the $30,000 fee. Note the person nominated cannot pay for it. The $30,000 goes to the purchase and upkeep of the star. Some stars don't appear as they have either not approved the nomination or refuse to appear at the unveiling.

• Like 5

The short answer is the stars are not purchased by the star. They have to be nominated, selected by the selection committee.

People have to be nominated by someone (it can be anyone including fans) other than themselves. Nominees (or their management company) have to approve it. Nominees have to have a minimum of five years in the entertainment business and a history of "Charitable Contributions". About 200 people are nominated each year, and the selection committee (which is part of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce) selects about 20 people (one is posthumous each year). The rest of the nominees are rolled over to the next year, or, if they have been a nominee for two years, are dropped from the list of nominees, unless they are renominated.

Those selected are contacted and have to agree to come to a mandatory appearance at the unveiling. The nominating organization (be it a fan club, film studio, recording company, production company, etc has to pay the $30,000 fee. Note the person nominated cannot pay for it. The $30,000 goes to the purchase and upkeep of the star. Some stars don't appear as they have either not approved the nomination or refuse to appear at the unveiling.

Thanks for clearing that up, Tensor. It's interesting to know.

I believe they can be nominated, and a sort of committee decides if the famous will get it or not, for example Jim is gong to get one next year, but he said on his IG that he had no idea about the news, he found it out because the people commenting on his pic were already congratulating him... I don't think Kaley would 'buy' this star for herself, she has a career worth of a recognition like this.

It seems they should just do one for the whole gang and the show, because both of them are famous because of the show.

hmm...

They gained major recognition with this show, that's true. But in Kaley's case she has a long career on her shoulders, since she was just a kid. As I understand this, the star recognizes the trajectory of the artist, not the popularity...  :icon_rolleyes:

hmm...

They gained major recognition with this show, that's true. But in Kaley's case she has a long career on her shoulders, since she was just a kid. As I understand this, the star recognizes the trajectory of the artist, not the popularity...  :icon_rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying but if you use that logic, shouldn't Johnny have the first star of the gang. This is the second hit comedy for him and he has done more that Kaley or Jim combined I think in his career. He doesn't have a star, does he?

I understand what you are saying but if you use that logic, shouldn't Johnny have the first star of the gang. This is the second hit comedy for him and he has done more that Kaley or Jim combined I think in his career. He doesn't have a star, does he?

But as tensor pointed out this includes a history of charitable contributions. Maybe Kaley has more of a history with charities than Johnny. Johnny seems very private.

Well yep, he should, and maybe even Mayim should... but apparently nobody nominate them for it, or maybe they don't care about it. I personally think is more important the Critics choice award Kaley got last year than this star, but all I'm saying is she deserves this not only because of Big Bang, IMO

Edited by Andy_90's_generation

He may not care. The nominees have to approve the nominations and also have to agree to come for the unveiling. It's quite possible approving it or making the appearance isn't something that Johnny is interested in. He is active in charity events, you just have to look for it as he tends to keep his life private. With the cast he's done the "Night at Sardi" (and they were given an award for their work there). Johnny has done The Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride, a charitable event for motorcycle riders that seeks a cure for Prostate Cancer, and he's done charitable events for others, such as Pauley Perrette.

• Like 1

• Tripper changed the title to [Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread
  • Tripper pinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic