The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

Just curious, since she got her hair cut and did that movie, has she gotten any other movie offers.

Kaley is one of many in Hollywood have gone for the pixy look. My guess is that roughly 20% of the stars have also tried the look in the past year. Staying on top of the trends is just one of the jobs you need to do to stay "relevant". Her team must be always looking for the next big thing and determining whether to jump on or just ignore.

Kaley just posted a pic on Instagram stating she had sinus surgery today.  Picture is of her and Ryan facing each other, looking like they are asleep.  Septum Deviation anyone?  :)

post-8079-0-42529300-1419626445_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I see already some people suggesting she's had a nose job, if that was the case her entire nose would be covered up!

Yeah, obviously there are people who don't know what happens during a nose job, and this gives them something else to spew hate at Kaley.   In an interview last year or maybe the year before, she mentioned how she has problems and gets kidded about having to carry nose spray all the time.  She joked something along the line that the nose spray was her closest friend.

• Like 3

the patch behind her ear looks like a scope patch which is used for nausea (I play a nurse on a daily basis) just sayin

Not having been immersed in any other fandom, is it typical for the sort of garbage that Mrs. Cuoco-Sweeting goes through?

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457

Not having been immersed in any other fandom, is it typical for the sort of garbage that Mrs. Cuoco-Sweeting hues through?

You can probably thank the Internet for that. This kind of thing has been present in the online community for a long time, going back to the days of Compuserve and BBSes and FidoNet and the like, but the instant access and dissemination available with the Interwebtubes has made it much, much worse. :(

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can probably thank the Internet for that. This kind of thing has been present in the online community for a long time, going back to the days of Compuserve and BBSes and FidoNet and the like, but the instant access and dissemination available with the Interwebtubes has made it much, much worse. :(

People were like this before the Internet. But yah the Internet lets them spreed it further.

You can probably thank the Internet for that. This kind of thing has been present in the online community for a long time, going back to the days of Compuserve and BBSes and FidoNet...

Ahhhhhhhh, Fidonet....nodes, zero hour, zones, Blue Wave, tag lines....The good old days.  

Ahhhhhhhh, Fidonet....nodes, zero hour, zones, Blue Wave, tag lines....The good old days.

Trivia: I helped the author of Blue Wave with some of the development, including several of the BBS portals (specifically, the one for Telegard BBS). And he helped get me hired into the company we've been working at for the past 18 years.

• Like 1

Kaley just posted a pic on Instagram stating she had sinus surgery today.  Picture is of her and Ryan facing each other, looking like they are asleep.  Septum Deviation anyone?   :)

attachicon.gifkaleyryan.jpg

Okay, how can someone look so cute and angelic after coming out of surgery,. 

Seriously, I hope it isn't too painful on her, I have had known some people who got sinus surgery and some of it is very painful.  Also, depending on how extensive it is, it could also change your voice a little sometimes.  So I hope she doesn't have any side effects either.

• Like 1

I'm playing the devil's advocate on this but was there a real need for pictures of her in the hospital or to be told she had the surgery? it seems to me while you will get sympathy you are opening yourself up for criticism by some for posting pictures.

I'm sure she was aware (after all she commented on those that mentioned nose jobs) that there were going to be some some comments and backlash against her, she does know about haters on the inter tubes.  But I think her main purpose was to let her fans know what was going on and  I don't think she's all that worried, outwardly,  about what the rag papers have to say about her.  

Sort of makes you wonder if the plot idea for the episode with Leonard's sinus surgery was based on Kaley's surgery because she said she put it off for a year so she probably talked about it some at work.

• Like 1

Sort of makes you wonder if the plot idea for the episode with Leonard's sinus surgery was based on Kaley's surgery because she said she put it off for a year so she probably talked about it some at work.

That was the first thing that came to my head when I saw her post her IG....that the story must have come from her experience.   Hope she is recovering well.

• Like 2

What really surprises me are the people saying she had a nose job, she has a cute nose that goes well with her face, why would she ever get a nose job?

• Like 3

I've come to believe that Kaley (and/or) her management team are one of the most savvy users of social media.  When she went to Mexico in the fall, she posted photo's herself, even loaded a pair that some pap took and she made fun of them, I noticed that the papers that used those photos used copies from Kaley's IG, kind of drives down the financial incentive if you can't sell them because the available for free.  Same sort thing when she was at a wedding in Bermuda, she posted her own candid shots.  With this latest thing, I'm sure some people would know she had surgery and the tabloids would invent all kinds of stories,  "reported drunken brawl"  etc, etc.  She gets the story out on her terms and has given enough photos to head off any rumors.  And when the allegation of a nose job rises high enough in the cesspool she addresses it directly with humor.  All in all, magnificently handled.

• Like 5

I've come to believe that Kaley (and/or) her management team are one of the most savvy users of social media.

[...]

All in all, magnificently handled.

Yup. Anyone who looks at her and thinks "dumb blonde" is in for a surprise.

• Like 1

Agree..

and then Kaley loves to share many aspects of her life with the fans, I'm not surprise that she has wanted to also post pics in this moment, those with Ryan are very sweet.

• Like 2