The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

Kaley is going to be on the cover of the February issue of Redbook Magazine: http://www.redbookmag.com/life/news/g2507/kaley-cuoco-sweeting-interview/?

Know what you want and go for it—that's what Kaley swears by. From her ever-shorter haircut to her frankness about her breast implants to her husband (whom she knew for a mere three months before getting engaged), the woman lives by her own set of rules. Here's an early, inside look at her compelling cover interview. 

gallery_nrm_1419285138-rbk-kaley-intervi

rbk-kaley-interview-2.jpg

gallery_nrm_1419277537-rbk-kaley-intervi

No comment on the (IMO-ridiculous) feminism debate taking place on line right now, sometimes I feel like Kaley can't win for trying.

• Like 1

Her dog is really cute. I actually like her hair in the first picture. It's starting to look better, in general.

I think people don't really take her seriously because she's always joking around and acting goofy, which is all well and good. But, I think that's where the 'dumb blonde' stereotype comes in - not saying that it's true - but that's what people see and they think she has no substance. Then, when a hot-button issue is brought up and she answers, people automatically jump all over her and call her stupid.

I read portions of the article that were posted on ET and I get why people are saying she doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on the issue. But, she was asked a question and answered the best she could.

• Like 2

the difference is her father worked and her mother did the cooking. Kaley works and cooks. What does Ryan do? They need to stop calling him a tennis player IMO.
  • Like 1

the difference is her father worked and her mother did the cooking. Kaley works and cooks. What does Ryan do? They need to stop calling him a tennis player IMO.

Fortunately, Kaley doesn't need your approval, nor would she give a single smelly shit about your disapproval.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Fortunately, Kaley doesn't need your approval, nor would she give a single smelly shit about your disapproval.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I wasn't really pointing out my disapproval. I was jus pointing out there is a big difference in her parent's marriage thsn with her marriage.. At least I'm not the one who suggested she is a " dumb blonde" like someone earlier.

Well, there are so many different dynamics in marriage... not all of them are reduced to who cooks, who works, who brings in the money, and so on... if this works for her, and they are both happy and confortable with each other like this, why not?

____

nah i don't think she just cares for a headline at any cost.. i do think she says what she think with no filter. But then, she seems to know how to manage some backlash...

Edited by Andy_90's_generation

Obviously not the case since people are writing articles about it and others are commenting on various social media sites. Did you mean you don't care? 

Obviously not the case since people are writing articles about it and others are commenting on various social media sites. Did you mean you don't care?

Sara Steinfeld in your link has 138 Twitter followers. Yes I notice other articles about it. Obviously you care but IMO that appears to be the minority. Then again everyone knows your "love" of Kaley.

I think the trash media is making this into more than it should be. Real media will understand what she meant.

I consider myself a modern day woman. I am the bread winner of my family. My husband works part time and stays home with the kids. I also work in an industry that I firsthand have seen change from a good old boys club to one of the more female filled business fields (in fact an article came out about it as my field now is over 65% female run---advertising and media).

With that said I do still enjoy cooking for my man. Not because of gender roles or it's what society tells me what I should do but because it makes him happy. I get what Kaley meant in regards to the dinner comment. I also was raised in a household where my father worked and my mother stayed home BUT my mom is the one who really ran everything if you know what I mean.

I think we have become so politically correct that the slightest off cuff comment some become too sensitive about. I do understand the struggles previous generations and current women have made to get to the point we are at today. And I also recognize there are still inequalities out there but by no means is Kaley's comments meant to downplay this. Kaley to me is always silly and has never really made strides to become a spokesperson for the cause (except animals) so I hope mainstream media doesn't harp on this.

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

It's become the other 'F' word.

Tragically, 'Feminist' carries so many man-hating, ball-breaking connotations that people shy away from using it, men and women.

For a while I used the term 'equalist' instead but have come to believe we need to reclaim our word from those who bardstardise it, and women are just as guilty as men in doing so (and there genuinely are women who identify as 'Feminists' as an excuse to rage against men and they are just as guilty in staining it as the men who use the term as a derogatory label).

Thankfully there are plenty of feminists, male and female, who understand the true meaning and mission of feminism; social, economic, political and cultural equality of women. In the West we still have an unjustified pay-gap, I'm sure I do not need to expand on the inequalities that continue outside of our culture (and this thread is not the place for it).

I can understand those who shy from the negativity that identifying themselves as feminist will undoubtedly attract. Kaley is in a no-win situation, had she declared herself an ardent feminist then of course we'd all be reading about her "man-hating" haircut and emasculated husband instead.

• Like 6

Kaley is in a no-win situation, had she declared herself an ardent feminist then of course we'd all be reading about her "man-hating" haircut and emasculated husband instead.

Hell, we were getting those well before this article.  

• Like 4

Man, she's getting ripped apart.

http://www.crushable.com/2014/12/30/entertainment/celebrities-entertainment/kaley-cuoco-is-not-a-feminist-does-not-understand-feminism/

I honestly think she doesn't care as long as she's in the news.

Ripped apart by the reputable and respectable crushable.com? She should be shaking in her boots! Seriously though, articles like this are why so many young women don't want to identify as feminists. Who wants to align themselves with movement that, in this wave, has mostly been reduced to whining, hatred, and hypocrisy? The negative connotations that now come with the word 'feminist' are well-earned IMO, a shame considering the harm inflicted on women throughout the globe. 

Personally, after listening to so many uniformed celebrities spout off their political opinions as if they actually know jack, it's nice that Kaley steers clear of that. I have no doubt that she has her own mind and convictions, but rather than alienate half her audience she keeps it to herself. Her comments were completely harmless, and I also loved what she had to say about giving back to her parents. A lot of ungrateful former child stars should take a page from her book.

Also, happy anniversary to her and Ryan! 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 5

I think the old adage "Actions speak louder than words" applies to Kaley. She is an extremely successful actress. Her roots are modest and she has worked very hard from a young age and taken some lumps to be where she is today. She has said that when she knows what she wants, she goes for it. She has a rather large female staff and seems to treat them extremely well. She is a strong voice for abandoned and mistreated animals. Clearly, she is passionate about this cause and has been for a long time. It's not just a flash in the pan used to garner favorable publicity. She's good to her family and friends. IMO, she's a successful, decent and kind woman. That's a great "feminist" in my book.

• Like 4

I applaud Kaley for being "Kaley".  To me, it doesn't seem like she feels the need to cater to the left, the right or the sideways.  She speaks what she feels and lives by her own rules without worrying about trying to carry that awfully large and cumbersome politically correct torch.

That is feminism in my book.  Being true to who you are and celebrating that.  Not what others deem that you should be...

• Like 7

Ripped apart by the reputable and respectable crushable.com? She should be shaking in her boots! Seriously though, articles like this are why so many young women don't want to identify as feminists. Who wants to align themselves with movement that, in this wave, has mostly been reduced to whining, hatred, and hypocrisy? The negative connotations that now come with the word 'feminist' are well-earned IMO, a shame considering the harm inflicted on women throughout the globe. 

Personally, after listening to so many uniformed celebrities spout off their political opinions as if they actually know jack, it's nice that Kaley steers clear of that. I have no doubt that she has her own mind and convictions, but rather than alienate half her audience she keeps it to herself. Her comments were completely harmless, and I also loved what she had to say about giving back to her parents. A lot of ungrateful former child stars should take a page from her book.

Also, happy anniversary to her and Ryan! 

There were a bunch of articles criticizing her and her comprehension of the subject matter; that was just a particularly mean one.

I don't think anyone, including the media, is 'hating' on her for saying she's not a feminist. However, saying she's not a feminist followed with an explanation that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding for what it represents, is what people are taking issue with.

Again, as I said previously, she didn't really have any options since she was asked the question point blank. And also as I said before, I don't think she really cares as long as her name is in the media.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 5

There were a bunch of articles criticizing her and her comprehension of the subject matter; that was just a particularly mean one.

I don't think anyone, including the media, is 'hating' on her for saying she's not a feminist. However, saying she's not a feminist followed with an explanation that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding for what it represents, is what people are taking issue with.

Again, as I said previously, she didn't really have any options since she was asked the question point blank. And also as I said before, I don't think she really cares as long as her name is in the media.

Yes, it is also from a no-name website by a no-name author, you obviously searched long and hard to find it (your disdain for Kaley is well-known), so it doesn't hold much weight. I also don't see how it demonstrated a lack of knowledge. The new wave of feminists have earned their own reputation with their silly hashtags and vagina costumes, they shouldn't be surprised when successful young women such as Kaley have no interest in their cause. Other posters have done a good job of showing she's more of a feminist in her actions than any of these petty internet 'activists' could ever hope to be.

• Like 1

Yes, it is also from a no-name website by a no-name author, you obviously searched long and hard to find it (your disdain for Kaley is well-known), so it doesn't hold much weight. I also don't see how it demonstrated a lack of knowledge. The new wave of feminists have earned their own reputation with their silly hashtags and vagina costumes, they shouldn't be surprised when successful young women such as Kaley have no interest in their cause. Other posters have done a good job of showing she's more of a feminist in her actions than any of these petty internet 'activists' could ever hope to be.

It was shared on Twitter by quite a few people, some who shared it are on this forum. Go have a look ;)

I don't hate Kaley, despite what you and your fellow cohorts think. Do I care for her? No, not really. She's just not my cup of tea, but that certainly doesn't mean I have any "disdain" towards her. 

This is not a place for a debate on feminism. However, I will say if you don't want to label yourself - that's fine. But, she didn't say that. What she did say was that she wasn't a feminist because she "likes taking care of her husband". I know it might be hard to comprehend, but you can be a feminist and like to take care of your husband. She didn't understand what it represents, which is simply equality. If you want to argue that, I suggest you go read what she said again. I am sure she knows the definition now after the media storm that started yesterday. 

Let's face it, if Kaley said she hated kittens, you all would defend her. So, it's kind of hard to take seriously when you are diluted with idolization. 

Edited by denajeanx

Interesting that writers are constantly pointing out Kaley don't know definition of feminism, but didn't bother enough to give us clear definition. Is there even one? 

I don't get why so many people today wearing this label as some "proud sign" and are so pissed off when someone isn't identify with their ideology. If someone is not comfortable in being equal to man and want to preserve classical role of woman, what is bad about that? Kaley have right to choose whatever course of life she wants, only right of every one is to be good human, everything else is optional.  Maybe woman have to work harder in career than mans do,and it will be that way for obvious reasons, but there are plenty who did that, without complaining about discrimination. Kaley is one of them. She wasn't sitting and writing her complains on blog, she went outside and worked hard to get what she wanted. Now, she's in top of her field,  where writers of this are? Also maybe Kaley was asked about her dress in the red carpet, but she was invited because of her tremendous success in WORK. This article have as many holes as Swiss cheese, as Sheldon would say and is so poorly and insulting written, so it doesn't have any validity anyway...

Edited by tallin
  • Like 1

Kaley does not view herself as a feminist because in her mind (IMO) she has achieved equality. She did give credit to women who came before her that made her feeling of equality possible. She provides an example to young women by the way she works and leads her life. A child actress, there has never been the "taint" to her personal life as is so often the case for a significant number of her peers. Again my opinion, but just because you don't identify yourself as a feminist doesn't mean you aren't one. (And taking care of your husband and cooking his meals doesn't make you not a feminist!). Again all this is my old

guy opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 4

Articles quoting an interview that is not even out in full yet and taking the quotes that Redbookmag decided would be the attention grabbers seems, as always, as unprofessional and redundant as crushable.com. Maybe there is more to her answer in the actual interview or maybe not.

Being a feminist these days comes with a variety of ideals and views and worldwide debates because some people do not understand that feminism means something different for every female and depending on the situation you find yourself in. Feminists nowadays get lots of hate for going out and debating and proposing. Kaley maybe is not a feminist in those terms because she considers herself an individual that has taken what she considers is the best way for her to live her life, which is part of feminism and equality: having the option to decide your goals/persona regardless of being female/male/etc. 

But the world would always have their view of what is right for a female to do or not to do. Kaley is in a tough industry in which objectification cannot be avoided. Regardless of this, she works hard and proves herself worthy of her career and achievements. There is nothing wrong with that. Kaley can define herself in her own terms. That is everyone's right and media should respect that it is not expected for everyone to wear feminism as a flag. Especially as a female public figure, let her be the example she wants to be. People would always judge. I admire how Kaley handles: herself, her career and the hate that people direct her way. There would always be someone unhappy with whatever response she gives. 

Edited by batman75
  • Like 4

I am not sure what Kaley's personal beliefs are and I will not go into detail on my own here. But the picture of feminism many women have is of a club that we are not welcome to join if we do not agree with a specific and narrow set of party lines and ideologies. That is unfortunate because it really does alienate some of the brightest and most successful women from wanting to be associated with feminism. 

• Like 1