The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

It's a lose-lose situation. Whatever her answer it would have been spun to suit. After the furore surrounding her 'de-feminising' haircut I would guess her gut told her to steer away from adding fuel to that particular fire.

The problem lies in that the word feminist has been sullied by such militant misandry that young women shy from identifying themselves as such, even if they firmly believe in equality of the sexes.

Beyonce (an outspoken feminist) gets all sorts of abuse for her blatent sexuality from those who miss the point of equalism entirely. We need strong women like her to get feminism's true meaning across, but not everyone's so tough, like I said, activism has to be a conscious choice, not thrust upon you, nor tricked out of you by journalists who put you on the spot with no wriggle room.

We (Australia) recently had a female head of state and a female prime minister. But half of that was sullied by such militant misogyny... I didn't know about this until today as the story about Ms Cuoco-Sweeting got some column inches here in the one broadsheet I read, but mainly in the context of how inane twitter wars can be. I guess one can only hope if this will start some people thinking. But geez, that's hard. Good luck to Ms C-S. Though a kick-ass response is good:

Here is our head of army telling off the misogynist bastards in his employ http://youtu.be/QaqpoeVgr8U

And here is our former pm telling off the now current pm: http://youtu.be/ihd7ofrwQX0

We (Australia) recently had a female head of state and a female prime minister. But half of that was sullied by such militant misogyny... I didn't know about this until today as the story about Ms Cuoco-Sweeting got some column inches here in the one broadsheet I read, but mainly in the context of how inane twitter wars can be. I guess one can only hope if this will start some people thinking. But geez, that's hard. Good luck to Ms C-S. Though a kick-ass response is good:

Here is our head of army telling off the misogynist bastards in his employ http://youtu.be/QaqpoeVgr8U

And here is our former pm telling off the now current pm: http://youtu.be/ihd7ofrwQX0

I  bet you Austraila has some issues with equilty since they have been know to have a very racist past(ie  black immagration and the issues with Musilums).In Canada we also had a female prime minister and she only lasted a few mounths .Heck there is alot of infighting in the femisinst community.Christan H Sommmers and her consitutues of feminist do not agrree at all with the how the third wave feminsts are acting.

Oh and do not get me started with the whole GTA5 fiasco in target austrilia.Alot of Celebs including  Beyonce are just using the term to have brownie points.Kaley was not the only one who did not call herself a feminist .Shane Woodley(divergent) said the same thing and she gets lambasted as well.

Not all women are going to follow the movement some also think haveing a women as commandor in cheif is no good at all.

You want to see full-on misogyny at its ugliest? If Hillary Clinton ends up running for President in 2016, let alone win the election, you're going to have more than your mind can handle. It'll be ugly on a scale you can't possibly imagine, possibly making the naked racism towards Barack Obama look tame by comparison. As enlightened as we think we are, we're really just one step away from sheer barbarism, as Kaley and other high-profile women are discovering.

• Like 3

Kaley out shopping in LA. on Saturday  Glad to see her back on her feet and looking like she is feeling so much better!

2466B91600000578-0-image-a-1_14203864783

2466BB5500000578-0-image-a-2_14203864929

Pictures via The Daily Mail

• Like 2

What do you know? Her nose looks exactly the same.

You mean those rags that try to pass themselves off as legitimate news sources were lying to us???

• Like 1

Okay I love this picture.  Kaley has captured how I feel this morning perfectly.  Looks like she is recovering okay, good for her.

I have adored this pic.. too funny and sweet! 

i think she's wearing a hat because she is hiding hair implant, yep. 

lol

okay, no, seriously, i hope they leave her alone for a while... and hope she appears on some talk show soon to talk about the flashmob!  :shy:

i think she's wearing a hat because she is hiding hair implant, yep. 

lol

okay, no, seriously, i hope they leave her alone for a while... and hope she appears on some talk show soon to talk about the flashmob!  :shy:

Funny. But have you noticed she wears a similar hat in some of her Redbook pictures and there have been more pictures of her in hats since she got her haircut, I think it is some kind of fashion style she is pursuing now.

• Like 1

Funny. But have you noticed she wears a similar hat in some of her Redbook pictures and there have been more pictures of her in hats since she got her haircut, I think it is some kind of fashion style she is pursuing now.

I think so, yes... and also when you want to go out, but don't want to or don't have time to style your hair... just put a hat or something on, and you're done  :icon_wink:  :icon_biggrin:

Kaley was on Access Hollywood promoting The Wedding Ringer.

I'm not surprised she is promoting it, I hope it does well.  I think Kaley could have a very successful acting career following in the footsteps of Jennifer Aniston, Meg Ryan and Melanie Griffith, doing those movies about the perky blonde who falls in love, under varying situations.  She is the perfect age and point in her career to do that and she seems more than happy to assume that role.  She said she doesn't mind being typecasted as long as it keeps her working in the business, she has a very down to earth opinion of herself and considers herself just a working actress.

• Like 1

Kaley is going to be on The Ellen Degeneres Show on Monday, January 12th

• Like 2

I mortally LOVE Penny. I've seen her daddy once. I'd like to see more of him, and her mother.

You mean those rags that try to pass themselves off as legitimate news sources were lying to us???

No. It wasn't plastic surgery (rhinoplasty).

Kaley herself said, on the "Extra" show yesterday, that she had had a sinus operation. The inside of her nose may look different.

I mortally LOVE Penny. I've seen her daddy once. I'd like to see more of him, and her mother.

No. It wasn't plastic surgery (rhinoplasty).

Kaley herself said, on the "Extra" show yesterday, that she had had a sinus operation. The inside of her nose may look different.

hehe, I think SRAM was using sarcasm ^^  her sinus surgery has been discussed quite a lot here :)

Congrats to Kaley

I am confused about her outfit though, is it a dress or a top and skirt?

Isn't it sort of the same setup as she wore last year??

So happy for kaley, she deserves to be recognised for her achievements. She is a joy to watch onscreen.

• Like 3

Congrats to Kaley

I am confused about her outfit though, is it a dress or a top and skirt?

ii was confused too. Didn't like the outfit. My SO commented on how she liked the hair and that she looked better than on the TBBT this season and I have to agree.