The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

My local paper gave it C+ and called it a bromance, not a romance, but they said it was good for a  laugh. They said except for one scene, Kaley was there as the pretty, hot girl only.She does that well!

After sobbing through SELMA, I'm going for this one for the laughs next!

Really if the movie is funny and it makes money is what is important. That is what gets actors cast to play in other movies, if the movies they do make money. So I hope this movie makes a decent profit so Kaley gets cast to do more movies. The critics only help you win awards, the box office take is what gets you more jobs and more money.

• Like 3

Such a cute photo of Kaley with Chuck.   I know they have taken many photos in the past together, but I just love this one for some reason.  LOL!  Just so cute.

Such a cute photo of Kaley with Chuck.   I know they have taken many photos in the past together, but I just love this one for some reason.  LOL!  Just so cute.

She is his Sweetheart LOL! You can tell:)

Weird that the TV promo for the movie in Australia doesn't even feature Kaley in it. Would think they would have used Big Bangs popularity in Australia to sell the movie.

• Like 1

Weird that the TV promo for the movie in Australia doesn't even feature Kaley in it. Would think they would have used Big Bangs popularity in Australia to sell the movie.

I just wanted to say I love Australia! 

It's made 21million so far, and it's expected to gross 25 million. That will make it the highest ever grossing R rated comedy, to debut in January. As it only cost 23 million to make, it's a success.

• Like 2

It's made 21million so far, and it's expected to gross 25 million. That will make it the highest ever grossing R rated comedy, to debut in January. As it only cost 23 million to make, it's a success.

That is the first weekend gross isn't it.

That is the first weekend gross isn't it.

Yeah, remember tomorrow is a federal  holiday. So It's considered a holiday weekend.  Sorry I didn't make it clear the the gross was for the weekend.

Good news. I think Kaley has the best potential from the show for movies. Particularly Comedies. Don't think she well become the next Jennifer Anniston. But I think she could do well in Specific Genred Movies.

@Iwd Really? They used Kaley in the promos over here in NZ prominently.

Her movie seems to be doing okay for the first weekend and opening against a blockbuster. It looks like it will be a money maker and that can only be good for her career.

In a distant second place, The Wedding Ringer opened to an estimated $20.6 million at 3,003 locations. That's the fourth $20-million-plus debut in a row for Kevin Hart, following Ride AlongAbout Last Night (2014) andThink Like a Man Too. At the same time, it's slightly concerning that this only opened to half as much as Ride Along, which took in $41.5 million on the same weekend last year.

More so than on previous movies, Kevin Hart was the primary selling point for The Wedding Ringer. This calls to mind last Summer's Tammy, which opened at the same level ($21.6 million) and was sold entirely on Melissa McCarthy's star power. In both cases, the $20-million-plus opening reinforces how popular the star is. As withTammy, though, The Wedding Ringer's opening was a big drop off from Hart's previous movies. It will be interesting to see if Hart can reverse this downward trend in March, when he stars opposite Will Ferrell in Get Hard.

With solid word-of-mouth ("A-" CinemaScore) and no serious comedy competition on the horizon, The Wedding Ringer should ultimately wind up with at least $55 million.

Courtesy of Box Office Mojo at www.boxofficemojo.com. I think it would have performed even better had it not opened opposite American Sniper.

I wonder how much of box office gross is net to the people who put up the money for the movie?

I wonder how much of box office gross is net to the people who put up the money for the movie?

It's based on the percentage of how much each provided, once the cost of production, and other costs(promotion, advertising, etc) are taken out.

It's based on the percentage of how much each provided, once the cost of production, and other costs(promotion, advertising, etc) are taken out.

Are the advertising and promotional costs included in the general budget given for the film? Or does that only include costs related to the actual production during filming?

Are the advertising and promotional costs included in the general budget given for the film? Or does that only include costs related to the actual production during filming?

I believe the are included in the budget, but they are listed separately from the actual production costs.  

• Like 1

I believe the are included in the budget, but they are listed separately from the actual production costs.

So basically Kaley's movie isn't even close to breaking even yet.

So basically Kaley's movie isn't even close to breaking even yet.

The gross for the first weekend basically covered the estimated cost of $23 million. Anything made after this (gross, international gross, DVD, VOD rental, etc) is profit. Estimates for the U.S. gross is around $55 million. So, investors should be quite happy.