The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

Kaley Cuoco

The hair looked good with the dress. All three girls looked good.

the hair as the first thing I looked at. NOT

I am really liking Kaley's hair atm. They way she is styling it suits her. More then when she first started styling it. It's her hair and body she can what she wants haha. But her physical apperence I have always enjoyed :p. I wonder if Kaley well continue to do more movies, I guess it depends on the right script.

Edited by 3ku11

saw the wedding ringer and I thought it was brutal,not funnny at all(some funny sceanes but that is it).Kaley's Character not a big deal until the end where her character turned a 180.Two cool things in the film seeing Ijustine in the film and Mr. New York Jet Joe Namath.

• Like 1

From Variety: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/berlin-kaley-cuoco-john-krasinski-join-voice-cast-for-animated-animal-crackers-1201422307/

Berlin: Kaley Cuoco, John Krasinski Join Voice Cast for Animated "Animal Crackers"

Blue Dream Studios has added Kaley Cuoco and John Krasinski to the animated feature film “Animal Crackers,” joining  Ian McKellen, Danny DeVito, Sylvester Stallone, Patrick Warburton, Gilbert Gottfried, Raven-Symone and Harvey Fierstein.

• Like 2

yaaay! I love John Krasinski and I'm sure Kaley and John will make a good pair. 

oh it's just voices, okay they will be good anyway :)

Edited by puremorning

Just an update on the gross of "The Wedding Ringer".   As of 9 February, it has pulled in a total gross of $59 million($55.5 million domestic, 3.5 international (it just opened internationally), off a cost of $23 million.  It looks like it's going to approximately triple it's production cost, making a quite satisfactory profit.

For comparison, this up as this weekend opened what appears to be two flops.  "Jupiter Ascending" made $18.5 million, off of production costs of $175 million and Seventh Son made $7.1 million off production costs of $95 Million.  On the flip side, "The Spongebob Movie:Sponge Out of Water" made $56 million. 

• Like 3

It helps that there are few comedies out there right now.   It is one of the few comedies in theaters.   That always helps.   But this is good news for all those involved.  I always like hearing that filmmakers succeed.  Jupiter Ascending is typical of a lot of the reason why studios are having problems.  They over-produce a lot of their films, ignoring the weak story plots in favor of high-end special effects and CGI, artwork, etc.     But I am so glad to see some filmmakers stay simple and end up successful as a result.

• Like 1

Jupiter Ascending is typical of a lot of the reason why studios are having problems.  They over-produce a lot of their films, ignoring the weak story plots in favor of high-end special effects and CGI, artwork, etc.

It's also, sadly, a showcase of the declining value of the Wachowskis. They had one solid hit with The Matrix, but the two sequels should have been an indication of their tendencies towards excess and overblown concepts. After box office bombs like Speed Racer and now Jupiter Ascending, I'm not confident that any studio is going to take a chance on a Wachowski big-budget spectacle ever again.

I was just thinking, after I saw Kaley's Instagram picture, that this weekend being Valentines Day, it could be very good for a romantic comedy, like her movie.

Ok. Finally watched wedding ringer. There are a couple funny parts. It has stupid.and some crude humor. Think cheesy Hangover.

I checked out toward the end, my daughter liked it

2 out of 5 IMO

P.S. They do have the big bang song in it, not the theme song but the actual song

Katy Tiz - The Big Bang [Official Music Video]:

Cute reference to tbbt. But not even tbbt reference and kaley could save this movie.for me

Edited by Shamyfan

But that doesn't mean he still probably wouldn't be making a lot of money independently if he didn't marry Cuoco.  Most of us on the board probably have earned more over our life than he has.

As just his tennis winnings are over a million dollars (and this doesn't count his earnings as a member of Wold Team Tennis and any other money, such as endorsements or for example when he was one of the practice partners with the US Davis Cup Team), I find it hard to believe that most on this board have earned more over their lifetimes. And even if they had, he's twenty seven and has quite a few years to make more in either tennis or any other job he finds. Kaley talked about him going back out on the tour this year.

And in fact he's play professionally, twice so far this year.   The first he lost his match 3-6, 0-6,  the last weekend in January.  The first weekend in February he lost his match 0-6, 2-6.  

ETA: I moved this from the Mayim Bialik thread as this was about Kaley, not Mayim.

• Like 1

As just his tennis winnings are over a million dollars (and this doesn't count his earnings as a member of Wold Team Tennis and any other money, such as endorsements or for example when he was one of the practice partners with the US Davis Cup Team), I find it hard to believe that most on this board have earned more over their lifetimes. And even if they had, he's twenty seven and has quite a few years to make more in either tennis or any other job he finds. Kaley talked about him going back out on the tour this year.

And in fact he play professionally, for the first time since his surgery, the first weekend of this month.

ETA: I moved this from the Mayim Bialik thread as this was about Kaley, not Mayim.

Thanks.  I thought I had this in the Kaley thread.  The million dollars I assume is prize money...and since he's not top 200, he probably didnt get a lot of endorsements.  And he would have to pay for the coach, training, etc.  That itself is likely 100-150k a year.  I looked him up and he turned pro in 2006...so let's say 8 years.  100 times 8=800,000 and 150 times 8= 1.2 million

Let's say with the endorsements with the Davis Cup team, etc...let's add another 500,000.   That's 1.5 million.  

1.5 million-800,000= 700,000 over 9 years... that's less than 80,000 a year.  

1.5 million-1.2 million= 300,000 over 9 years...that's a little over 30,000 a year.  

Anyway, as long as the couple is happy, I don't see how it's our business how much one party makes over the other.  

Tennis is a really crappy sport financially if you're not in the top 200 or so.  The 500th best baseball, basketball, soccer, football, golf player gets a pretty darn good living.  The 500th best tennis player likely has to work another job as a tennis pro at a country club, etc.

His official tennis only earnings, are just over 2 million since he turned pro.  As far as endorsements, you can't just look at the multi year big money type.  As someone who has bowled in professional tournaments regionally, endorsements can be payments at individual tournaments, if you're doing well.  I got payments for wearing shirts, using equipment, etc just for making it to the finals.    Not to mention his mother is the President of Franklin Templeton Investment Counsel and a Director of Templeton Global Equity Group, along with various responsibilities with mutual funds, global investments, etc.  So, independent of Kaley, his family has quite a bit of money on their own.  

But you are quite right, it's none of our business.  It's their life, if they are happy, that should be all that is important to them.

• Like 1

Yea, I don't know his family.  Generally, tennis players come from rather well-to-do families.  I remember it cost me about 50 dollars a week in high school to play tennis.  I used to break strings 2 times a week (get discounts at 10 dollars per racquet, etc) .  And then we'd have to travel all across Texas once a month for Super Champs tournaments.   

I hear bowling is even worse than tennis.  

Do y'all think Kaley will get a lot of roles after TBBT?  I see Sheldon as being type cast...he's already playing the part in Intel commercials.  I don't see Kaley being the next Jennifer Anniston.

That was one of the things that rankled in the comments about Ryan.  His family is extremely well off so I can't see why anyone would say he was a gold digger.  I'm also quite sure that his mother has invested quite a bit of his money, so he should have been fine on his own.  I understand some of the anger from the Bahama's as he continued to take payments from the Bahamian Tennis Association, even as he was preparing to move to, and play for the US.  

Yeah, prize money was limited in bowling.  You can fit more people in tennis stadiums, than in a bowling alleys.   So the cost of tickets adds to the prize fund.  Plus, the preliminary rounds are usually scattered over a few more venues, over a longer time period.  National Pro tournaments ran from Wednesday to Friday, and if televised, the final on Saturday.  With no television, there was rather large drop in All with the competitors in the same place.

I'm not sure I see Kaley doing as well as Jennifer Anniston either.  (I could be wrong, as their comedic timing is very similar,  but this is just from what I see now).  However, between voice work, to guest staring, to lead roles on TV and in Indie roles, I see her having a very busy career.  Jim may not care if he gets typecast in TV as his first love is Theatre.   If this show does nothing else but provide him with opportunities for Broadway or other major regional theatre type things, I'm sure he'll be quite happy.  

The thing about the first five is that they are now set (barring complete stupidity, which I don't see in any of them) for life.  They can pretty much pick and choose what roles they take and/or when and where they work.   As long as they keep as busy they want to be, I'm sure they'll be fine.    

I guess they didn't take into account his family's wealth. I think they say "gold digger" because they Kaley being more successful as an actress than Ryan is as a tennis player. The number of people who attend futures events is probably not much more than the audience you saw at your bowling competitions.

I brought up Aniston because Kaley really reminds me of her.

I don't see Kaley being set for life actually. I think she can play the pretty blonde. But a 40 year old goofy blonde isn't cute anymore.

The rest of the cast (including the actress who plays Bernadette and Amy) I see as acting beyond their 40s.

I think Kaley is very talented and she will go on to do better things after bbt even in her forties. I don't get why you would come on the Kaley thread to spread your poison. Edited by Tonstar17

Kaley is lucky because she makes enough that she really doesn't have to work after tbbt. I think it is going to be really hard for her not to get type cast.

• Like 1

Kaley is lucky because she makes enough that she really doesn't have to work after tbbt. I think it is going to be really hard for her not to get type cast.

You could say the same about the rest of the cast.

I guess they didn't take into account his family's wealth.  I think they say "gold digger" because they Kaley being more successful as an actress than Ryan is as a tennis player.

Well, you could say that about almost anyone that Kaley would have and has dated.

The number of people who attend futures events is probably not much more than the audience you saw at your bowling competitions.

Yeah, but the prize money that was at stake in each of Ryan's first two tournaments is about the same as the national tour events in bowling.

I brought up Aniston because Kaley really reminds me of her.

Me too, but like you, I don't see the same career for her. Although Lisa Kudrow may be a better comparison.

I don't see Kaley being set for life actually.  I think she can play the pretty blonde.  But a 40 year old goofy blonde isn't cute anymore.

When I said set, I meant financially. She's gonna get about 76 million in addition to the 24 million she got this year. She can guest star, and do voice work, without having to play the goofy blond. In addition, she can do more than the goofy blond, as she demonstrated as in her late teens and early twenties, before big bang.

The rest of the cast (including the actress who plays Bernadette and Amy) I see as acting beyond their 40s.

I see them all working if they want to work.

• Like 1

I think Kaley will be more akin to Lucille Ball, people like her and her roles and level of fame will rise and fall till the day she dies. She is enormously talented and has avoided the Lohan and Kardashian curse. She should be good to go.

I think she was set for life financially after the third season of TBBT.

Not like now. :)

I thought I saw an interview where she said that she dated guys who weren't as successful as her and it's not something she wants to do because it's very uncomfortable for her.

I know she said she wouldn't date any more actors. Her comment there kinda pulls the rug out from those who accuse Ryan of being a gold digger.

Oh, I've only seen her in TBBT and Wedding Ringer.  I haven't seen 8 Simple Rules but she played the cute blonde in that show too right?

She did several various Dramatic roles in the early to late 2000. She was in Charmed's last season and "To Be Fat Like Me". People don't realize it but she's filmed 8 live action movies since 2010) Three of those were dramatic(one minor role), three were major roles in comedies, and two were minor roles in comedies. Along with voice for an animated movie (straight to video) and one for a video game. So she's been busy above and beyond The Big Bang Theory, and not just in comedy.

This thread isn't dedicated to the rest of the cast.

Minor detours like this are allowed, just so they don't take over or become a major portion of the thread.

It could be that she's not interested in men with NO ambition.  It takes a LOT of ambition to get to top 1000 in tennis.

That I could see.

Yeah, she's been busy. That's why I think she won't have any problems continuing her career after TBBT.

I

I was just talking to my girlfriends niece's friend's mother and she was saying that Kaley looks very "butch" this year.

If you wish to discuss that, move it over to one of the threads dedicated Kaley's hair.

I

If you wish to discuss that, move it over to one of the threads dedicated Kaley's hair.

Touchy subject?    :icon_razz:

Touchy subject?    :icon_razz:

Not really, but since there are two threads already, it's best they go there. How ya been?