Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Shipping Lanes

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm glad someone is happy about it. I think it's the stupidest hairstyle she's had since she got the pixie cut

At least she doesn't wear ugly outfits every week like Amy. Her Little House on the Prairie sleepwear is just nauseating..

• Like 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

Amy doesent have the body to wear other clothes. But hey plain and frumpy is kinda her thing :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

At least she doesn't wear ugly outfits every week like Amy. Her Little House on the Prairie sleepwear is just nauseating..

Sheldon says Amy likes to knit her own sweaters. I don't know whether she makes anything else. Most of  her day wear looks like the sort of stuff we wore to work in the English winters of  the early to mid 1960s. Her nightdress doesn't look home made.  If it's in a shop there are customers for it, so she can't be the only one in Pasadena who likes to wear that sort of thing. Or perhaps she gets it by mail order from a colder state as I can't imagine many people in California needing it, considering the temperatures in November were in the 70sF according to Sheldon.  It beats me why she doesn't have heatstroke dressed like that in that little bed, let alone nausea. No wonder her bottom radiates heat.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

As far as I am concerned you don't love a person for their clothes, you love them for who they are and how they make you feel.

• Like 8
  • It's a Tiara 1

23 minutes ago, vonmar said:

As far as I am concerned you don't love a person for their clothes, you love them for who they are and how they make you feel.

Does that go for pixie cuts too.

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Perhaps you meet a girl in short shorts unpacking her apartment and without knowing anything about her you decide that you will have "smart and beautiful babies" with her, because looks mean everything right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Run to India 1

13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Perhaps you meet a girl in short shorts unpacking her apartment and without knowing anything about her you decide that you will have "smart and beautiful babies" with her, because looks mean everything right? 

So you don't beleive in love at first sight do you :superstition:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So you don't beleive in love at first sight do you :superstition:

In the real wold or TBBT world? I think very different. 

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

In the real wold or TBBT world? I think very different. 

I mean Shamy met because of a dirty sock in 4a. Is that real world?

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Amy doesent have the body to wear other clothes. But hey plain and frumpy is kinda her thing :icon_cheesygrin:

So if you don't look like Kaley Cuoco you can't wear nice clothes? Gee thanks for the update...

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Chrismo said:

To me a good haircut suggests efficiency and competence. I'd go for a man with a haircut like Sheldon's. I woudn't  fancy a chap who made a curly front to his hair like Leonard.

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I don't find them nauseating. Maybe because I work at a historical farm and I have to wear actual pioneer clothing a lot. (That is not at all what pioneer women slept in.) But I think they are improving. She's trying make up and got new glasses at least. And we've seen her in a few nice outfits. My favorite was the dress she wore with Dave. I'm actually more irritated with Sheldon wearing a t-shirt and full pajamas in California under that many covers. I'd roast.

But Amy was never supposed to be beautiful. It wasn't necessary for her to be. A lot of storylines have revolved around Penny's looks, though.

8 hours ago, vonmar said:

THANK YOU.

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

So you don't beleive in love at first sight do you 

NO. Absolutely not. I do not think you can actually love someone you don't know. And as you get to know them I've found most people try to make them into what they wanted, or try to make themselves into what the other person wants. And just because it was cute in movies like Grease doesn't mean it's practical in real life.

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I mean Shamy met because of a dirty sock in 4a. Is that real world?

They met because Sheldon's friends set him up with her and pushed him to go. Which I have seen many friends do for people. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Beauty and who you may or may not be attracted to is in the eyes of the beholder.

• Like 5
  • It's a Tiara 1

Posts hidden.  Keep comments about the show and the shows characters, not about other posters or how other posters comment.  If you feel a comment is outside the forum rules, report it.   

13 hours ago, vonmar said:

I am 100% in agreement with your statement. However, and I might be wrong, I think what Chrismo was trying to say was that he found Amy's clothes ugly and her Little house on the prairie sleepwear nauseating.

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't find them nauseating. Maybe because I work at a historical farm and I have to wear actual pioneer clothing a lot. (That is not at all what pioneer women slept in.) But I think they are improving. She's trying make up and got new glasses at least. And we've seen her in a few nice outfits. My favorite was the dress she wore with Dave. I'm actually more irritated with Sheldon wearing a t-shirt and full pajamas in California under that many covers. I'd roast.

But Amy was never supposed to be beautiful. It wasn't necessary for her to be. A lot of storylines have revolved around Penny's looks, though.

THANK YOU.

NO. Absolutely not. I do not think you can actually love someone you don't know. And as you get to know them I've found most people try to make them into what they wanted, or try to make themselves into what the other person wants. And just because it was cute in movies like Grease doesn't mean it's practical in real life.

They met because Sheldon's friends set him up with her and pushed him to go. Which I have seen many friends do for people. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

I think in this discussion we are all mixing general opinions, introducing our own biases , and all around muddying the subject. IMO, it's much more simple than that. Penny is shown to wear nicer clothes , that are more form fitting and which are supposed to be more aesthetically pleasing than Amy's because that's her character. Penny is supposed to be the more physically attractive of the two. Amy, on the contrary is supposed to be the frumpier one, again because that is the character. If not, why would they have her wear 2 cardigans? Or the quasi-orthopedic shoes? In Bernadette's case, I think her style is sort between Amy's and Penny's. Please note that I'm not saying Mayim, Kaley or Melissa, but Amy, Penny and Bernadette, as  I'm talking strictly about the characters, and not the actresses. If TPTB wanted to, I'm sure they could make all of the girls look sexy, because they are all beautiful women indeed, even if Kaley is the one who, IMO, looks best. However that in itself means nothing as it only denotes a personal preference which is only representative of what I think.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Her nightdress doesn't look home made.  If it's in a shop there are customers for it, so she can't be the only one in Pasadena who likes to wear that sort of thing. Or perhaps she gets it by mail order from a colder state as I can't imagine many people in California needing it, considering the temperatures in November were in the 70sF according to Sheldon.  It beats me why she doesn't have heatstroke dressed like that in that little bed, let alone nausea. No wonder her bottom radiates heat.

They're actually fairly common.  But I can't imagine wearing one in California, especially with a human hot water bottle next to me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

To me a good haircut suggests efficiency and competence. I'd go for a man with a haircut like Sheldon's. I woudn't  fancy a chap who made a curly front to his hair like Leonard.

You know he's just curly right? It's not that he uses something to make it like that haha

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Again, that is just a personal preference. Are those relevant to anybody else but ourselves?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, vonmar said:

And the first moments and (some of the)* initial drawing factors are everything that matters in a relationship right?

*He said that after having her in their appartment, thus experiencing her general "vibe" that was different from most of what he knew (his mother, Sheldon, bullies at school...)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bfm said:

You know he's just curly right? It's not that he uses something to make it like that haha

Really ? I hadn't noticed before this season. Must be the new brand of screen-wipes I've bought.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Again, that is just a personal preference. Are those relevant to anybody else but ourselves?

When it comes to attraction, it's just a matter of personal preference. When one needs to look credible for work in an occupation such as sales, neatness of appearance can matter a great deal. Subliminal messages count. When Penny's hair was short I thought she looked just right for her job. Her long hair suits her other personality well with all the different styles she deploys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

When it comes to attraction, it's just a matter of personal preference. When one needs to look credible for work in an occupation such as sales, neatness of appearance can matter a great deal. Subliminal messages count. When Penny's hair was short I thought she looked just right for her job. Her long hair suits her other personality well with all the different styles she deploys.

While I tend to agree with you, in regards to a job I would say that overall appearance is important, and for example in Penny's case. either short mid or long hair would be fine, since she mostly has it styled in a nice, professional way, IMO. In regards to either Sheldon or Leonard I feel that both haircuts would be fine in regards to a job interview as neither look disheveled. As fair as clothes go...well, that's another matter :icon_cheesygrin: .

• Like 3

8 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Hmmmmmmmm, I must be an incompetent of the first order then....

:icon_razz:

IMG_0160.thumb.jpg.88fd556e4a8f0eb80b7dd905307a5fa1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Clothes, haircuts and bed sizes...we are really in need of a big development or surprise that we would not see from where it was coming for we discuss with details! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Amy's nightgowns remind me of Lanz nightgowns. They are $60-$70 each. Here's a link to a Lanz flannel nightgown.

https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/lanz-tyrolean-flannel-nightgown/product/60436?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid search&utm_campaign=pla&sourceid=7SPFGPLA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4vKXofm81wIVhkwNCh3CcgADEAYYAiABEgIGVPD_BwE

A pioneer would use the same thing for as nightgown and undergarment. Here's a reproduction shift used by reenactors for programs like a Little House on the Prairie event. This one is sold by Jas. Townsends, a leading source for period reproductions.
sh-122_2.jpg

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Clothes, haircuts and bed sizes...we are really in need of a big development or surprise that we would not see from where it was coming for we discuss with details! :icon_cheesygrin:

You better believe it!

• Haha 2