The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Chit Chat: Season 11

This is the topic is for off-topic posts from specific season 11 discussion topics .  Extended off-topic, non-show discussions may be moved here.   It is recommended that if you wish to start a non-show topic, that pertains to the entire forum, use the Chit Chat Topic in the Chit Chat Forum.

• Like 1

It's too hot over here. More than 30°C (more than 90°F) today. I need a cold beer. :icon_cheesygrin:

lennycheers0601.gif.6ce8ef4f8ca7145a382bcaef68ac6dd6.gif

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, luminous said:

It's too hot over here. More than 30°C (more than 90°F) today. I need a cold beer. :icon_cheesygrin:

True dat!!! 

beer.gif.b46dc98feb31fe9463ac33010af91e26.gif

That could be my sweetspot. :icon_razz:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luminous said:

So you're over here too. I was going to ask what beer you had in mind, but then I realised that could get seriously OT.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, luminous said:

Yesterday morning it rained here! That was so freaky! It is about 27°C lately but soon it will get much warmer and humid... *Bracing myself, summer is coming*.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

32C here in Florida.  My Air Conditioning isn't working.  Getting estimates today.

• Like 1

Just now, Tensor said:

32C here in Florida.  My Air Conditioning isn't working.  Getting estimates today.

Ugh!  Sorry to hear.  Hopefully it will be a quick, inexpensive fix.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ugh!  Sorry to hear.  Hopefully it will be a quick, inexpensive fix.....

Nope.  So far, estimates are from 4,500 to 6,500

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Nope.  So far, estimates are from 4,500 to 6,500

...double ugh.... :( 

Not counting the duct replacement...that estimate is 1500-2300

Not counting the duct replacement...that estimate is 1500-2300

:)e963324267d2e966f91bb0010d119ec4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

:)e963324267d2e966f91bb0010d119ec4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That might work, if you filled it with ice...

• Like 2

Just saw this...

Warner Bros. TV has unveiled its Comic-Con 2017 slate, which will feature the first Big Bang Theory cast panel in five years.

Ahead of Season 11, cast members Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Kevin Sussman will be on hand for a Q&A, following four consecutive years of writers’ room panels. (At this time, Jim Parsons, Simon Helberg and Melissa Rauch are not scheduled to appear.)

http://tvline.com/2017/06/29/comic-con-2017-tv-shows-big-bang-theory-arrow-westworld/

Sorry if it has already been posted here someplace.

• Like 1

From Deadline Hollywood

Joan Lee Dies: Wife Of Comics Icon Stan Lee Was 93

Joan Lee, the wife of Marvel Comics mastermind Stan Lee who co-created superheroes from Spider-Man to the X-Men, died today at age 93. A spokesperson for the family confirmed the news that Lee’s wife of 69 years died this morning “quietly and surrounded by her family.”

The Lees’ marriage was as epic as any Marvel tale: Joan, a model born Joan Clayton Boocock, married Stan in New York in December 1947. It was widely considered to be Joan who urged Lee to write a new kind of superhero after comics up until then had generally favored prototypical flawless characters — Lee even considered quitting the business at Timely Comics (later called Atlas Comics and, eventually, Marvel Comics) where he had been since 1939.

(more in the link)

• Like 3

This is far from where I live but the Cache Creek fire is only about a half hours drive from our family shared cabin.

'We are in this for the long haul': no relief in sight as B.C. wildfires rage

Province in state of emergency as thousands are forced from their homes

CBC News Posted: Jul 08, 2017 9:37 AM PT Last Updated: Jul 08, 2017 10:37 PM PT

[snip]

Wind, lightning helped fires ignite and grow

Thousands were forced from their homes in and around the communities of Ashcroft, Cache Creek, Princeton, 100 Mile House, 105 Mile House, 108 Mile Ranch and 150 Mile House.

cache-creek-wildfire.jpg

A wildfire burns on a mountain behind an RV park office in Cache Creek in the early morning hours of Saturday. (Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press)

Some smoke but otherwise okay at Pavilion lake.

Edited by djsurrey

Not exactly science but it did make me laugh. Who needs a laugh today?  At least Sheldon, I think, would be amused.

FLAG.jpg

• Like 5

Money Magazine has published its "Best Colleges for Your Money-2017" edition.  Once again, Princeton University comes in at No. 1.  Other TBBT interests:  MIT is at No. 8; Harvard is at No. 10 and CalTech is at No. 19....

• Like 1

There is a post that has shown up on my facebook feed AT LEAST once a week since the finale and sometimes more and it's driving me crazy. It says "See The Big Bang Theory Stars Go From Geek to Glam" and I'm so tired of seeing the stupid thing that I want to throw a brick at my screen. What kind of idiots are running the publicity machine right now? Can't they think of anything else to put up? Or I am doing something wrong to trigger it? Seriously, I am so sick of this stupid ad!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

There is a post that has shown up on my facebook feed AT LEAST once a week since the finale and sometimes more and it's driving me crazy. It says "See The Big Bang Theory Stars Go From Geek to Glam" and I'm so tired of seeing the stupid thing that I want to throw a brick at my screen. What kind of idiots are running the publicity machine right now? Can't they think of anything else to put up? Or I am doing something wrong to trigger it? Seriously, I am so sick of this stupid ad!

Or the articles from Addicted 2 Big Bang Theory linked to MondayMondayNetwork... clickbait.  Only reason I keep them on my feed is they have cool pictures.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

I feel the opposite.  

To the moderators  @Tripper and @Tensor:  quoting myself because as an example, @hokie3457 gave me a "negative" reaction on one of my previous posts, which may prevent me from expressing unpopular opinions in the future . Any thoughts on this ? :question: 

7 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

JMO, and I could be completely wrong, but do you think the new feature of "reacting" negatively to a post might prevent people from expressing unpopular, negative or critical opinions about the show ?  If someone reacts "negatively" to a post ala "mad" face , there is no way of knowing whether they did that because they  actually disagree with the content of the post or whether they are just being negative about the poster/group of posters or attempting to silence the poster or just trolling/bullying. Earlier, if someone disagreed, they would quote/reply to the said post and refute the content of the post as long as it was within rules. But now, anyone can give anyone a "negative" reaction just for the heck of it.  

11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Can anyone think of any other cases where things went in a different direction than a lot of fans were expecting?

Frasier.

10 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Frasier ended as expected

It didn't end the way I expected it to.

8 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

Sheldon/Penny/Amy dealing with the infested chair in 4B ? Sheldon/Penny/Amy tiara scene ? Sheldon going on girls' night and Amy helping him with Sheldon vs Priya war in Agreement Dissection?

And the "evening of tasteless uncensored crotch talk" discussion, in The Anxiety Optimisation.

36 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

because as an example, @hokie3457 gave me a "negative" reaction on one of my previous posts

You won't be getting that from me, as I don't do "likes".

However, someone could equally give you a "negative reaction" in a reply, so, unless replying is banned, then I don't see how negative reactions can be prevented.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

To the moderators  @Tripper and @Tensor:  quoting myself because as an example, @hokie3457 gave me a "negative" reaction on one of my previous posts, which may prevent me from expressing unpopular opinions in the future . Any thoughts on this ? :question: 

I think there  is to much emphasis placed on not "hurting anyones feelings" in the forum now. Of course IMO

It just stifles the discussion 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

Serena, the actual negative reactions were disable, when Tripper installed the update with the new reactions.   "Sad" isn't necessarily a "negative" reaction.   As we have no idea what Hokie meant by the "sad" reaction,  you may have to wait until he clarifies.   I'll pass this along (in case he doesn't see this).  (/color)

@serena_1995 @Tensor @Tripper Okay. I apologize for any misuse use of the new emojis. And @serena_1995, I didn't mean any negativity toward you and I am very sorry to cause offense. I agree with your posts for the most part. It is just that I am in a period of being fed up with what I myself alone see as the " Sheldonification" of TBBT over the last few years. This may be as equally unpopular, but I can't stand Sheldon and if I found myself in a group that had someone like him who belittles most of those around him for his own advancement, I would avoid him like the plague. This is a shortcoming  on my part I know full well. 

Again, I apologize to you @serena_1995 most ardently. Never hold back on your opinion or your views or your love of a character. I will never let my ardor for Penny & Leonard lessen and you should continue to,put forth what you enjoy about Sheldon, to hel* with what a pinhead like me thinks or says.

• Like 5