The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Chit Chat: Season 11

12 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

I'm glad they didn't include a dislike option it would of gotten abused especially between ships

Also why is it we only have Sheldon, Amy and Penny? what about the others? then again i have no idea what Sheldon's and Amy's are supposed to represent. Penny's i'm assuming is if you are mad or don't like the comment

Just look in the right threads and all your questions will be answered. The DT is not the right place and no doubt Tensor will have to move this around again.

Here's the thread about the forum update in general with Tripper asking for suggestions:

Here's where where Tensor moved the current discussion about the emojis and where it's supposed to continue:

Hope that helps! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Instead of these ambiguous emojis they should have just added a dislike to go with the like but I guess that would be seen as "mean" 

I allow myself to post my opinion on this post in this thread. :icon_wink:

@JE7 , I think we as the "oldtimer" are no longer on today's, rather banal orbit of the so-called social media, :icon_cheesygrin:. If I were not professionally involved with the fast change of the communication media internet, I would probably no longer get out of a continuous "head shaking". On the other hand, this diversity also offers my own communication approaches. Without my small "jifs", I could not participate in this English forum much less in an adequate and comprehensible way. :shy:

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, veejay said:

@JE7 , I think we as the "oldtimer" are no longer on today's, rather banal orbit of the so-called social media, :icon_cheesygrin:. If I were not professionally involved with the fast change of the communication media internet, I would probably no longer get out of a continuous "head shaking". On the other hand, this diversity also offers my own communication approaches. Without my small "jifs", I could not participate in this English forum much less in an adequate and comprehensible way. :shy:

I love your gifs you are the master of gif-fu :fi_lone_ranger:

A picture is worth a thousand words and is often ambiguous allowing us to express things we would not be allowed to say outright.

On the update, I HATE IT.

I mostly use my phone and it is a memory hog that constantly lags and freezes plus it kills my battery in record time. It is a chore posting here since it was installed 

HongKongPhooeyWallpaper800-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, veejay said:

Full disclosure, @veejay, when FB changed its like feature (and the one in this forum is pretty similar to that) I hated it, too much self-analysis required, do I just like a post, or love it, or am I  amused by it? LOL!  But I got used to it (somehow...) and I like the features added in the forum. The Shamy faces are fun to use in the Shamy thread, and it would be fun if other (positive) characters faces are added too.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I mostly use my phone and it is a memory hog that constantly lags and freezes plus it kills my battery in record time. It is a chore posting here since it was installed

LOL, there is a reason that e.g. Apple or others allowed to make obscene amounts of money with their powerful and "precious" phones. The web developers and operators (yes, me too :icon_redface:) use this potency also fairly.

misc_00428.gif.98df88d7ab060b70663aa6d52506e0ba.gif

(forgot the "old" Alexa, LOL)

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HeWolf said:

As far as the Roseanne reboot goes... Yawn! 

Yes. Yawn. 

On the other hand if they go after the politics of the day it might get some press. It is working for Stephen Colbert.

edit

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abcs-roseanne-tackle-trump-era-sitcom-revival-1012574

Edited by djsurrey
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Yes. Yawn. 

On the other hand if they go after the politics of the day it might get some press. It is working for Stephen Colbert.

edit

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abcs-roseanne-tackle-trump-era-sitcom-revival-1012574

I expect the show to do nothing but pursue the politics of the day. Hyperbole, sensationalism, and promoting Roseanne's world view will likely be the theme of the program. I anticipate this will be more propaganda than entertainment. :dwarf:

The premise stated in that article that ABC wants to reach the part of the country that felt overlooked, thus resulting in a Trump victory, is outlandishly farcical. These are the fly-over folks that Hollywood mocks and satirizes. The network had a show that appealed to that segment of the country. It was their #2 rated sitcom behind 'Modern Family' and they cancelled it. 

There are a plethora of political commentary related programs that I can watch if I so choose. Right wing, left wing, and probably chicken wing, if that's what I am looking to view. I just don't need it couched as 'entertainment'. It works for some people. Not for me. 

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I expect the show to do nothing but pursue the politics of the day. Hyperbole, sensationalism, and promoting Roseanne's world view will likely be the theme of the program. I anticipate this will be more propaganda than entertainment. :dwarf:

Oh.  Can't say I actually remember much of anything about the original series.

15 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Oh.  Can't say I actually remember much of anything about the original series.

The original series had some great moments while depicting a (dysfunctional) family facing the challenges of surviving the difficulties of everyday life. To my recollection it was not in any way political. I will be shocked if the same can be said of the reboot...

I'll be glad when TBBT returns and we can go back to discussions related to that show. 

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

The original series had some great moments while depicting a (dysfunctional) family facing the challenges of surviving the difficulties of everyday life. To my recollection it was not in any way political. I will be shocked if the same can be said of the reboot...

I'll be glad when TBBT returns and we can go back to discussions related to that show. 

Amen to that !!!! @HeWolf

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

33 minutes ago, April said:

I don't even disagree here. I'm not a fan of the "facebook-ification" of so many features all across the internet. ugh

Bonus points for 'facebook-ification'... :pioneer:

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

yesssss...................

tumblr_inline_nth2fbNdv21sjs49f_400.jpg.c129f5c5c4144e1d7e56c639f4e3bbe4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Full disclosure, @veejay, when FB changed its like feature (and the one in this forum is pretty similar to that) I hated it, too much self-analysis required, do I just like a post, or love it, or am I  amused by it? LOL!  But I got used to it (somehow...) and I like the features added in the forum. The Shamy faces are fun to use in the Shamy thread, and it would be fun if other (positive) characters faces are added too.

I have assumed for years that a 'like' function isn't necessarily meant to convey that one likes what is said, although it might, but to acknowledge that a post has been read, or perhaps that a point has been well-made or well-written regardless of what one thinks. That's how I understand it. It sometimes helps if there's a choice, such as they have on facebook now, so that one no longer has to respond to news of a tragedy with a 'like'. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I have assumed for years that a 'like' function isn't necessarily meant to convey that one likes what is said, although it might, but to acknowledge that a post has been read, or perhaps that a point has been well-made or well-written regardless of what one thinks. That's how I understand it. It sometimes helps if there's a choice, such as they have on facebook now, so that one no longer has to respond to news of a tragedy with a 'like'. 

Definitely my approval in this case. :shy:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, djsurrey said:

That's been working since the Smothers Brothers. It's almost sure fire to get attention.

• Like 1

Two things seen today:
1. Jim P will appear on The Bill Maher Show on HBO tonight. If you haven't seen it, it is very political.

2. Dunkin' Donuts (beloved here in New England!! ) is experimenting with a name change. They are opening a new shop under the name "Dunkin' " in....Pasadena! Time for some product placement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds good, this way ppl who couldn't attend the full time in chat, still catch back.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, djsurrey said:

Yes. Yawn. 

edit

I think it is more with the theme of the show in which they supposedly talked honestly and openly about the issues of the times. In this case here in the US one of the most salient issues of today's reality is Trump's presidency , Besides a complete train wreck can be a very good source of humor.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I think it is more with the theme of the show in which they supposedly talked honestly and openly about the issues of the times. In this case here in the US one of the most salient issues of today's reality is Trump's presidency , Besides a complete train wreck can be a very good source of humor.

The train wreck being the Colbert show or the presidency.?

1 hour ago, ajond said:

The train wreck being the Colbert show or the presidency.?

The presidency, of course. I actually like The Colbert Show.

• Like 2

How do you gain comminity reputation? Is it just based on the number of posts? Does the amount of likes effect this as well? Just a currious question I have...

Oh and congrats to you both!!

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

How do you gain comminity reputation? Is it just based on the number of posts? Does the amount of likes effect this as well? Just a currious question I have...

Oh and congrats to you both!!

It's the likes you get. And well, now with the reaction system it's the positive reactions in general. I think @Tripper set the grumpy Penny face to neutral but the other ones should give you a +1 on your counter.

• Thanks 1