Chit Chat: Season 11

Tensor

30 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

Did you see the press conference afterwards? A reporter said that the joint statement with Kim didn't say "verifiable" and "irreversable" when it comes to denuclearization and asked if that was a concession. He had to read the text to answer (and of course, his answer was a ramble that didn't deny the question - the text apparently only said that "it would be gone", not if it would be gone forever)

Trump gave Kim everything Km wanted. The photo op of a handshake with the US president and Trump also promised to end the joint war games with South Korea, something he apparently decided during the meeting because Kim asked for it. Even the US military (and the South Koreans) were blindsided by it.

Trump is a fool who's falling for North Korean state propaganda. I'd call it embarrassing but we've been way past that point for a long while now.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

5 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Trump is on a mission and two peas in a pod could be a receipe for disaster. Hopefully there are super heroes to release the kryptonite.

It seems Hollywood has already been briefed in this respect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, April said:

Trump is a fool who's falling for North Korean state propaganda. I'd call it embarrassing but we've been way past that point for a long while now.

Reuters reports Northern Korea says Trump will lift sanctions. He didn’t  document the meeting - no witnesses. Could be true. Anyone got anything good to say about Northern Korea? It’s the most  brutal despotic regime in human history. Never mind the theists. My goodness. Is there an argument for this?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I don’t see the fuss. Hilary isn’t your president. She’s a unsucessful candidate. She’s not even an elected or appointed official now . She doesn’t make the news here at all. How is she still an issue? She’s old news. Like 1812.

I love statements like this because I'm constantly hearing how it's the liberals who can't get over the election. But every time someone talks about Trump Hillary has to be brought up, followed by Obama. I swear Trump should build his damned wall out of her e-mails because no one can get over them. There's enough to worry about now, without bringing her into things. I don't trust Kim and I can't believe Kim really wants to get rid of his nuclear weapons. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he does something to show them off in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I love statements like this because I'm constantly hearing how it's the liberals who can't get over the election. But every time someone talks about Trump Hillary has to be brought up, followed by Obama. I swear Trump should build his damned wall out of her e-mails because no one can get over them. There's enough to worry about now, without bringing her into things. I don't trust Kim and I can't believe Kim really wants to get rid of his nuclear weapons. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he does something to show them off in the near future.

You know what I am most worried about? That the day Mueller issues a subpoena, or is about to, Trump starts a war somewhere to distract from that issue

Did you see the press conference afterwards? A reporter said that the joint statement with Kim didn't say "verifiable" and "irreversable" when it comes to denuclearization and asked if that was a concession. He had to read the text to answer (and of course, his answer was a ramble that didn't deny the question - the text apparently only said that "it would be gone", not if it would be gone forever)
Trump gave Kim everything Km wanted. The photo op of a handshake with the US president and Trump also promised to end the joint war games with South Korea, something he apparently decided during the meeting because Kim asked for it. Even the US military (and the South Koreans) were blindsided by it.
Many are called, but few are chosen, Trump or Kim are definitely not. They don't even know what it takes to make a solution.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It seems Hollywood has already been briefed in this respect.
Are they ready to stand up and fight for the right revolution and  peace?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Are they ready to stand up and fight for the right revolution and  peace?

It would be my biggest wish that Trump would spend a year or more as a "guest" of North Korea.

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

It would be my biggest wish that Trump would spend a year or more as a "guest" of North Korea.
That would be nice. I'm sure kim will find him something to do.The saying goes, A man is paid according to his work.

• Like 1

This qoute from the UK guardian newspaper.
Asked about the north Korean leader's penchant for killing his own relatives and starving his own people.
Trump replied. “Well he is very talented. WTF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

This qoute from the UK guardian newspaper.
Asked about the north Korean leader's penchant for killing his own relatives and starving his own people.
Trump replied. “Well he is very talented. WTF

I have no more words... except only that I hope it’s a short run, that they do badly in sweeps, they don’t get a second season pick up, they certainly need new writers, and they should recast the lead for the rest of run.  Unbelievable plot. Go get that guy who played Jed Bartlet, I say. There’s a guy who can sell an idea. This guy, I wouldn’t buy a condo from. No authenticity at all. He says silly stuff about despotic, murderous tyrants who gruesomely kill people in real life. Who can relate to that? Where’s the heart? Who in this show can the audience root for? And it’s not even funny.  Get that Lorre guy to write it. He does popular comedy.  It’s a bit like a Back to the Future spin off with a Biff Tannner lead. Sure there might be an audience, but will it get mass market appeal? Not sure.

I’m giving it half a star. Mainly for the enthusiasm of the performances.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Haha 2

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, Chrismo said:

Maybe you can look at the videos of the stumbling Hilary. What is she a drunk?

I suggest you inform yourself before making comments like that. I was going to answer you, but ...no need. Someone else did it for me.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Chrismo said:

Complaining about Trump is old news. He's President. People have to deal with it instead of complaining. Wasn't this much fuss over Barry.

What do you mean people have to deal with it? You mean people cannot express their opinions in a (supposedly) free country? FYI complaining about Trump is NOT old news since he's the current president, so I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I suggest you inform yourself before making comments like that. I was going to answer you, but ...no need. Someone else did it for me.

What do you mean people have to deal with it? You mean people cannot express their opinions in a (supposedly) free country? FYI complaining about Trump is NOT old news since he's the current president, so I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I caught up a bit with the show last night. The protagonist seems to have run into some legal difficulties - for which the writers had laid some breadcrumbs early on in the season. It’s an interesting how it gives an insight into the character and also brings some other characters into peril. The children now. Apparently there is a “foundation” through which other people’s  donations  are “washed” and then that money is “repurposed” for campaign expenses and personal purchases - with an external appearance of this actually being the protagonist’s generously bestowed own money. The whole family have fiduciary duties - being board members-  which have been neglected for 18 or so years. A bit of plot twist, for the fans who fancy a bit of alms giving as a good thing. Who would think of using charitable donations for personal purposes? The insight here is that the whole family were ok with this. What a telling bit of exposition about motivations and character.

Very much a mundane daytime movie plot though. Charity fraud isn’t half as dramatic as international espionage. Maybe that plot line will yet be developed. 

Still half a star. They do need better writers. Onwards, what!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Very much a mundane daytime movie plot though. Charity fraud isn’t half as dramatic as international espionage.

Fascinating though when at the same time the Attorney General Jeff Sessions cited the Bible defending enforcing the law. Seems they are picking and choosing which laws need to be enforced. Stranger than fiction...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4275675/jeff-sessions-bible-immigrant-children-policy/

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trump-foundation-accused-in-n-y-of-violating-charity-law-1.1093022 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Fascinating though when at the same time the Attorney General Jeff Sessions cited the Bible defending enforcing the law. Seems they are picking and choosing which laws need to be enforced. Stranger than fiction...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4275675/jeff-sessions-bible-immigrant-children-policy/

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trump-foundation-accused-in-n-y-of-violating-charity-law-1.1093022 

You are correct, if they enforced all laws equally, crooked Hilary woild be in jail.

Edited by ajond
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

This is called politics or, more recently, alternative f...(facts, fakes, f...).
Whatever you want or need, take your personal deity. So fucked up.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ajond said:

You are correct, if they enforced all laws equally, crooked Hilary woild be in jail.

Why? What crime did she commit? By the way, the FBI investigates her already and found nothing she could be indicted for.

So, what's your reason?

• Like 5

17 hours ago, ajond said:

It’s a bit hard for me to consider this to be a possible outcome given that the lead character in this soap has the reins of government, has his own person in charge of the the department that presumably administers justice and that if there were any crimes to be revealed then some wayward staff person would have drunkenly revealed that in a bar to Alexander Downer.

Oh, wait.

Come on Ajond, be critical. You know that Clinton has been scrutinised by experts and the not so expert for 25 years plus. Something would have blown up. People are just not that effective and efficient. Someone leaks. And think about the examples of the nonsense accusations - like Comet Pizza. Not even a basement in that store.

I get you have strong feelings about Clinton, and I can agree she wasn’t the best candidate ever, though not the worst ever candidate, but to suspect that a reactionary president, a reactionary congress, and a long time reactionary legal enforcement system couldn’t find anything on her if it existed is a extraordinary claim about the incompetence of the reactionary president, congress and legal enforcement system.

They all can’t be that incompetent if Clinton had actually done anything. There would have been prosecutions. Like there are prosecutions going on now. Crimes leave stains and paper trails. Rupert has had his hounds barking for sooo many years and they haven’t found zip of substance. And Rupert’s organisation pays money for information and breaks the laws to dig dirt.  (the British phone tap scandal as example).

Just say you hate her and why. And think, hmm, maybe if she was that effective and efficient she might have been a good prospect for president - because damn, she would have been ninja in the job.  😀

Not the best candidate ever><
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Just say you hate her and why.

He might tell you the first, but he will never be able to tell you the truth about the second. Like so many people, he doesn't hate her personally, he hates her because the hatred was brainwashed into him by decades of negativity coming from the right.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, son-goku5 said:

He might tell you the first, but he will never be able to tell you the truth about the second. Like so many people, he doesn't hate her personally, he hates her because the hatred was brainwashed into him by decades of negativity coming from the right.

Nah, that can’t be true. I’m pretty sure Ajond is from Melbourne.

I’ll admit their footy is maybe the wrong shape - a bit elongated - but generally otherwise they’re fine. Good coffee down there. 😀 I’d think maybe he’s takin’ the piss. Extreme contrariness. Unless I’m wrong and he’s not. We don’t marinate in Fox News here, so I stand ready to be surprised. Maybe he’s an expat? 

I’d look forward to hearing his supportive arguments, not any of Orwell’s “Two Minutes Hate” chants or fragments of catechism. But an argument is fine.

edit: The Swans are playing West Coast here tonight. There is dialogue.

56 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

It sounds like a personality cult.

Well, yes, that’s how cults work. They start off by inculcating some sense of group loyalty, then they are taught to disregard any external source of information — and, say, instead get their news from a source that is working for the cult, like Fox News — and pretty soon, they have lost any capacity to make independent judgments. Eventually, they are praising the toughness of Kim Jong-un....

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/the-gop-is-a-trump-cult-boasts-donald-trump-jr.html

and...

What gives the party meaning now is Trump, and little else. When Bob Corker says “It’s almost, it’s becoming a cultish thing, isn’t it?”, the only thing he has wrong is the “almost.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/06/13/why-the-cult-of-trumps-search-for-apostates-to-purge-will-never-end/?noredirect=on&amp;utm_term=.5b65675e5e9c

• Like 2

15 hours ago, son-goku5 said:

Why? What crime did she commit? By the way, the FBI investigates her already and found nothing she could be indicted for.

So, what's your reason?

That's because Comey cleared her before she was even investigated. Reason would be obstruction of justice for starters.

15 hours ago, son-goku5 said:

If you talking negativity , you should try MSM in US. Trump could cure cancer and the MSM would claim white privilege and that he is putting oncologists out of work. the fake news dupes (who are everywhere - Reddit, here) would be ranting about how he may or may bot have touched up someone 10 years ago.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:25 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

No he couldn't, she destroyed them all.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ajond said:

That's because Comey cleared her before she was even investigated. Reason would be obstruction of justice for starters.

If you talking negativity , you should try MSM in US. Trump could cure cancer and the MSM would claim white privilege and that he is putting oncologists out of work. the fake news dupes (who are everywhere - Reddit, here) would be ranting about how he may or may bot have touched up someone 10 years ago.

No he couldn't, she destroyed them all.

Still waiting to hear why she is relevant. She lost. She lost to Trump. She’s sunk. This is surely just distraction from the Trump stuff, where in at least three domains he and his cohort  is being investigated in for real sins, not poor record keeping.

• Possible criminal conspiracy (Manafort is in jail now for witness tampering and how many indictments?)
  • Cohen is being investigated for  mob style behaviour and hush money payments
  • The Trump foundation charity fraud and election finance law breaches

Never mind too that Trump breaches the Presidential Records Act ALL THE TIME because he is so habituated to covering his tracks that he can’t stop himself from tearing up documents once he has read them. They have to pay people to tape them back together. The first he was told about was the warning - since then every event is a crime.

Please, be critical.

• Like 2