Chit Chat: Season 11

58 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Which isn't illegal.  What is illegal is colluding with a foreign government.  

*snip*

Unfortunately, facts don't work on Trump supporters.

• Like 5

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just found out tonight that I've been cast in "The Grapes of Wrath" at a local theatre.   For those familiar with the novel (or movie)  I'll be playing Pa Joad, Tom's father.   I will have to c

Besides spending the last few days trying to get our house (cleaning out the gutters, applying some rubber sealant to some weak areas on the roof, adding some nails and screws to some weak points, etc

There are a lot of sad people, because of the shooting.   No, I don't think he was heartless.   He was directing his comments at  a particular congressional leader.   Wil is fed up (as are many others

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

Unfortunately, facts don't work on Trump supporters.

Oh. That's what the popular "Alternative Facts" were invented for. So that everyone can really understand the term and the meaning of "Facts" correctly, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, veejay said:

"Alternative Facts"

Also known as lies ^^ But that's just one of the things I know about a person who, after two years, still calls him- or herself a Trump supporter

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Whole thing is pron a witch hunt

Witch hunts do not have this many people resigning or pleading guilty. I can never understand why "supposedly" innocent people plead guilty.

16 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Just to be clear, the following comment attributed to veejay, was a quote by veejay, from a JE7 post.

My apologies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

My apologies.

It’s no problem, I know there can be issues with quoting.  Considering the current subject can be quite contentious, and the comment was the opposite of the rest of veejay’s posts, I thought it best to clear up the attribution. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, Nogravitasatall said:

Still waiting to hear why she is relevant.

I'm not sure why the last 20 pages on this thread is relevant. What does this have to do with season 11 of  TBBT?

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm not sure why the last 20 pages on this thread is relevant. What does this have to do with season 11 of  TBBT?

Well, some members of this TBBT forum probably had the need to discuss a common topic after the end of Season 11.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It doesn’t have to be about TBBT.  If you want discussion of season 11, go to the Season 11 Discussion thread.   This is Chit Chat, where anything can be discussed, so yes, the last 37 pages are relavant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Well, some members of this TBBT forum probably had the need to discuss a common topic after the end of Season 11.

Okay

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I totally agree! But, I'm thinking that we are in the minority.

It does say season 11. I thought it was for people waiting for a taping report

That'd be Taping Night Chat Thread

29 minutes ago, bfm said:

Whatever. It’s under season 11 and all the threads under it are suppose to be related to TBBT.

It does say season 11. I thought it was for people waiting for a taping report

Here is the description from the original post in Season 11:Chit Chat:

This is the topic is for off-topic posts from specific season 11 discussion topics .  Extended off-topic, non-show discussions may be moved here.   

Don't see anything about waiting for a taping report.  And since the current political discussion is an extended, off-topic, non-show  Season 11 Discussion, it fit's perfectly here.  

24 minutes ago, bfm said:

Or the Season 11 Discussion thread.   The key is what else is in the title other than Season 11.  We have the following threads with Season 11 in the title:

Discussion 

Ratings

Lenny

Shamy

Science in the news 

and 13 other specific topics.  

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Whatever. It’s under season 11 and all the threads under it are suppose to be related to TBBT.

No, they are not.  The specific Season 11 Chit Chat thread is specifically, and, as you can see above, intentionally not necessarily related to TBBT.   Neither are threads on a comet discovery, Science in the News, WB tour pictures, or even a notice that either myself or Tripper will not be available.  Everything under season 11 should be related to season 11 (and even here, we have the non-season 11 show discussion for things from previous seasons), but not necessarily to TBBT.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

That’s not a requirement. If it were the thread would have been closed. 

And we have always here discussed, in minute detail, the wayward acts of characters. It’s congruent, I feel. Nor is it antithetical to the purpose of a forum. I might regret that sometimes the discussion gets robust. But if we can avoid the ad-hominem it can be engaging. And it’s not compulsory. But the conversation would be limited and wither if it weren’t diverse and people weren’t interested. 

I would say it’s a big topic and it can all be overwhelming. There is a bit of venting of people’s actual concerns happening here. I think that’s ok too.  I admit I might go on a bit. Sorry. But the rain of weird shit seems relentless. 

This is not normal.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Hillary did collude with DNC to get her nominee. Tons of proof too that their is corruptness in her Foundation. And also her deleted emails. And also new evidence the FBI conspired againgst Trump. They did not want him to b president. Whole thing is pron a witch hunt. But Democracy ova their is horrible. 

How many denied and then revealed interactions with hostile foreign powers does it take before one might concur that there is something to be investigated? Because from Manafort to Stone to Don Junior to Ivanka to Papapodpoulos to Flynn to ... I’ve lost track. Is there a number?

Edit: And it just occurred to me. NZ knows that foreign governments intervene. Remember Rainbow Warrior?

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

Perspective of history:

Chamberlain may have been able to proclaim that there is “peace in our time,” and Mr. Trump may crow that he has “solved” the North Korean threat, but unfortunately, history tells us that decisions made by men with such oversized egos are seldom correct. American allies and “friends” have just been placed in a much more dangerous environment – just as was the case in 1938 for British friends and allies.

From https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-chilling-parallels-between-the-trump-kim-summit-and-1938-munich/

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Last I checked nothing to do with S11 of TBBT. That's the reason this sub-forum is called Chit-Chat, right?

This 

5 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

29 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Last I checked nothing to do with S11 of TBBT. That's the reason this sub-forum is called Chit-Chat, right?

But it is a subset of season 11. And season 11 says it’s to “ discuss episodes and storylines from the current season of The Big Bang Theory which premiered Monday September 25”.

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But it is a subset of season 11. And season 11 says it’s to “ discuss episodes and storylines from the current season of The Big Bang Theory which premiered Monday September 25”.

Tensor already answered you, so...I'll pass.

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

What about this post are you having trouble with?

10 hours ago, Tensor said:

Here is the description from the original post in Season 11:Chit Chat:

This is the topic is for off-topic posts from specific season 11 discussion topics .  Extended off-topic, non-show discussions may be moved here.   

Don't see anything about waiting for a taping report.  And since the current political discussion is an extended, off-topic, non-show  Season 11 Discussion, it fit's perfectly here.  

Or the Season 11 Discussion thread.   The key is what else is in the title other than Season 11.  We have the following threads with Season 11 in the title:

Discussion 

Ratings

Lenny

Shamy

Science in the news 

and 13 other specific topics.  

No, they are not.  The specific Season 11 Chit Chat thread is specifically, and, as you can see above, intentionally not necessarily related to TBBT.   Neither are threads on a comet discovery, Science in the News, WB tour pictures, or even a notice that either myself or Tripper will not be available.  Everything under season 11 should be related to season 11 (and even here, we have the non-season 11 show discussion for things from previous seasons), but not necessarily to TBBT.

It's simple.  If you don't want to participate in this particular discussion, don't read or answer the discussion in this thread.   Others are allowed to discuss these things in this thread.  

• Like 1

Chamberlain may have been able to proclaim that there is “peace in our time,” and Mr. Trump may crow that he has “solved” the North Korean threat, but unfortunately, history tells us that decisions made by men with such oversized egos are seldom correct. American allies and “friends” have just been placed in a much more dangerous environment – just as was the case in 1938 for British friends and allies.

Chamberlain nevertheless ordered mass-production of blackout curtain material, put the armed forces on alert and had air-raid shelters built. He used the  time to upgrade industries that made weapons, uniforms,ships and parachutes. He put his plans for an NHS on hold. An underground resistance network with secret radios was built up. Plans were in place for evacuating schools. By the time the Munich agreement was broken the country was already getting ready to respond. Is Trump doing any of that ?

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Chamberlain nevertheless ordered mass-production of blackout curtain material, put the armed forces on alert and had air-raid shelters built. He used the  time to upgrade industries that made weapons, uniforms,ships and parachutes. He put his plans for an NHS on hold. An underground resistance network with secret radios was built up. Plans were in place for evacuating schools. By the time the Munich agreement was broken the country was already getting ready to respond. Is Trump doing any of that ?

All I am aware of is a desire to increase spending on the military and modernize the ICBMs. Perhaps attempt to build a better missile defense.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-exclusive/trump-wants-to-make-sure-u-s-nuclear-arsenal-at-top-of-the-pack-idUSKBN1622IF 

FEBRUARY 23, 2017 / 12:28 PM / A YEAR AGO

Trump wants to make sure U.S. nuclear arsenal at 'top of the pack'

You know that the US already has the strongest navy and air force. North Korea is not much of a threat except to South Korea and Japan. Sounds like Trump has agreed to stop participating in war games with South Korea which is a sudden change in direction..

We will be stopping the war games': How Trump’s vow to end drills with South Korea stunned a region

The almost offhand comments contradicted countless declarations by the U.S. over the years that the exercises are absolutely crucial

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/trumps-vow-to-end-military-drills-with-seoul-stuns-a-region 

I also see...

President Donald Trump has ordered the US military to establish a sixth branch of its armed forces - a "space force".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44527672 

Got to defend those GPS and other satellites. 

Edited by djsurrey

This 

This what? The white space? Or what I said? Never mind. I’ll play till the ref blows the whistle :) 

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

He is prepping the camps. So he is following some historic figure’s lead. In this case not Chamberlain. Less than 1% of these kids are what the administration claims they are. It’s an abomination.  

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/tent-city-for-immigrant-children-in-texa-idUSRTX69U2N

Nothing will go wrong with this plan. Every child will be safe.  Thought no child taken from their parents, ever. 

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I also see...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44527672 

Got to defend those GPS and other satellites. 

After the ultra-successful construction of the wall to Mexico and the secure border to Canada, only the free air remains unsecured. Trump is finally taking a hard crack at this. It's hard to imagine when all the useless, drug-dealing and degenerate Martians suddenly spread to America. The downfall of the West would be the result.
This guy was clearly watching too much TV again.

• Like 5