Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Chit Chat: Season 11

That is an amazing costume and beard.

You must be inland from the coast?

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

@Tensor  That's a funny inside to see behind the curtain.  :shy:
(btw. stay safe the upcoming stormy weekend!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

Besides spending the last few days trying to get our house (cleaning out the gutters, applying some rubber sealant to some weak areas on the roof, adding some nails and screws to some weak points, etc), supplies (spent $300 on non-perishable food, water, cat food, batteries etc) and plans  (have our important paper in waterproof containers, fill up the cars and containers with gas, get cash, etc) ready for Hurricane Irma, I've been in rehearsal for a show that begins tomorrow night.    For fun, here are some shots.   For reference, here I am with my bare face hanging out:

IMG_1043.thumb.jpg.3a40c9ac3722102420ba16540afa2d67.jpg

Here I am, last night, in my full costume, although I have not done my beard or put on my makeup. 

Hairyman.thumb.jpg.dc01ed0e650170b9b38f4bec7b5e0df0.jpg

Here, tonight, I'm in my bald cap, with my beard done, along with makeup and costume on.  This is just before I put on the wig.  The bald cap is needed as my hair gets ripped off near the end of the show.  The gag is my character is supposed to be scary to a ten year old, because of the tales of the "Hairy Man".  The boy overcomes his fear, and tricks the Hairy Man, and the boy's dog, rips off the Hairy Man's hair. 

59b0e31d917ca_BaldSS.thumb.jpg.afe8ab87052c121cdeb20c5d025c7f5a.jpg

You can see the makeup on my hands and on my forehead.  Note the curls in the beard.   I use Elmer's School Glue, as it washes out with soap and water and also use the glue to put in some "moss", you can see the green pieces in my beard.   I also have makeup on my feet, as I'm barefoot, and supposed to have been trampling through a swamp.  

Hope you all get a few laughs.  I've got to finish some repairs and start moving stuff into the house, so they don't become flying projectiles.  Hopefully,  Irma makes a earlier right turn and misses us all.  Current projections indicate we'll get Tropical Storm winds sometime Saturday.  If I lose power, I'll be texting Tripper, to let him know how things are going.    Everyone on the east coast please prepare for this thing.    

Wow kudos for all of this work! I'm glad that you have something to focus on besides the preparations... Here we get some storms once/twice a year in the winter but these are nothing compared to what you get...just some (not so) string winds and temperatures around or a little beneath 0 C are called storms here LOL, nothing even close to a hurricane. It must be quite scary, and you have little control over what might happen, you can only secure things as much as you can... I hope things will turn out well for you and everybody else. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Besides spending the last few days trying to get our house (cleaning out the gutters, applying some rubber sealant to some weak areas on the roof, adding some nails and screws to some weak points, etc), supplies (spent $300 on non-perishable food, water, cat food, batteries etc) and plans  (have our important paper in waterproof containers, fill up the cars and containers with gas, get cash, etc) ready for Hurricane Irma, I've been in rehearsal for a show that begins tomorrow night.    For fun, here are some shots.   For reference, here I am with my bare face hanging out:

IMG_1043.thumb.jpg.3a40c9ac3722102420ba16540afa2d67.jpg

Here I am, last night, in my full costume, although I have not done my beard or put on my makeup. 

Hairyman.thumb.jpg.dc01ed0e650170b9b38f4bec7b5e0df0.jpg

Here, tonight, I'm in my bald cap, with my beard done, along with makeup and costume on.  This is just before I put on the wig.  The bald cap is needed as my hair gets ripped off near the end of the show.  The gag is my character is supposed to be scary to a ten year old, because of the tales of the "Hairy Man".  The boy overcomes his fear, and tricks the Hairy Man, and the boy's dog, rips off the Hairy Man's hair. 

59b0e31d917ca_BaldSS.thumb.jpg.afe8ab87052c121cdeb20c5d025c7f5a.jpg

You can see the makeup on my hands and on my forehead.  Note the curls in the beard.   I use Elmer's School Glue, as it washes out with soap and water and also use the glue to put in some "moss", you can see the green pieces in my beard.   I also have makeup on my feet, as I'm barefoot, and supposed to have been trampling through a swamp.  

Hope you all get a few laughs.  I've got to finish some repairs and start moving stuff into the house, so they don't become flying projectiles.  Hopefully,  Irma makes a earlier right turn and misses us all.  Current projections indicate we'll get Tropical Storm winds sometime Saturday.  If I lose power, I'll be texting Tripper, to let him know how things are going.    Everyone on the east coast please prepare for this thing.    

Hope you and yours fare well in the storm. Stay safe!

thanks for sharing the pics. You almost look as though you'd fit in well in an episode  of Game of Thrones!

• Like 3

So I had an "earworm" experience somewhat similar to Sheldon's this morning. I had a dream in which for some reason I heard some tune. It wasn't related to the "narrative" of the dream but I knew it was from some musical and the dream was related to a musical (not the same one though). Waking up I tried to figure where did it came from. I had a feeling it is from "Chicago", even though I haven't seen it or heard its songs in years and wasn't a huge fan (as I am of othet musicals). I realized it didn't match some numbers that I remembered most, until it suddenly hit me that it could be "When you're good to Mama", and it was! Interestingly I didn't listen to this one a lot but I did listen to Queen Latifah (who performed it in the 2002 movie) in a Hairspray 2007 number last night. The brain is such an interesting thing. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, djsurrey said:

That is an amazing costume and beard.

I should point out the pic of no beard is about a year and a half old, the beard is real.  

7 hours ago, djsurrey said:

You must be inland from the coast?

Not that far, but far enough that storm surge is not a problem.  Even worst case( a cat 5 direct hit) we are not in a flood zone. However, standing water, that gathers in low places, could cause problems.  The weekend of Harvey, Houston got 29 inches of rain(~75cm, for our international members) , officially.  We, with a different tropical disturbance got 22 (~65 cm), officially.  The back half of my backyard had about  6 inches (~15 cm) of water in it and our road was under about a foot (30cm) of water.  Our house sits a bit higher, so as far as flooding goes we're OK.  But the winds, that Irma is packing, worries me.  The latest runs are good for me, bad for the east coast, in Florida, and the Atlantic states, in general. 

6 hours ago, veejay said:

@Tensor  That's a funny inside to see behind the curtain.  :shy:

I just thought it would be fun, to provide a look. 

6 hours ago, veejay said:

@Tensor (btw. stay safe the upcoming stormy weekend!)

We'll doing the best we can...

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Hope you and yours fare well in the storm. Stay safe!

Thanks

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

thanks for sharing the pics. You almost look as though you'd fit in well in an episode  of Game of Thrones!

Everybody could look like they belong in GOT.  That look, for me, takes just over an hour.  15-20 minutes for beard/with glue.  30-45 minutes for the bald cap and wig, and 10-15 for makeup. 

@bfm thanks for the concern.:shy:

• Like 6

Looking good, Tensor!  How many other Florida people do we have on here?  Stay safe and check in after Irma is gone, fellow Floridians!

Edited by Carm6773
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I love your pictures! I always find it fascinating to see before and after shots of makeup and costuming. Good luck with the play as well as staying safe in Florida. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Edited by Sah
  • Like 1

So today I was in a comic book store for the first time in my life. There barely are any here... I was with a friend at a mall where there is one my sister goes to sometimes. I suddenly remembered this and also that my sister's birthday is in a few days so we went in to buy her a present. I felt kind of like Penny looking for a gift for her nephew, except from the guys staring at her of course. I went to the clerks and said "I'm looking for a present for my sister, I know she likes Kick ass (I later remembered I meant Deadpool), Harley Quinn and maybe Wonder Woman, can you show me where this stuff is?" - no, it wasn't out of desregard; yes, I am this clueless about comic books LOL. One of them actually reminded me a bit of early Sheldon, his speech was a bit monotonous and he looked down when talking (to anybody). Oh and I also saw a girl with a TBBT T-shirt on the street! Didn't get to make any reaction though, we passed by each other too quickly for that. Interesting day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, bfm said:

So today I was in a comic book store for the first time in my life. There barely are any here... I was with a friend at a mall where there is one my sister goes to sometimes. I suddenly remembered this and also that my sister's birthday is in a few days so we went in to buy her a present. I felt kind of like Penny looking for a gift for her nephew, except from the guys staring at her of course. I went to the clerks and said "I'm looking for a present for my sister, I know she likes Kick ass (I later remembered I meant Deadpool), Harley Quinn and maybe Wonder Woman, can you show me where this stuff is?" - no, it wasn't out of desregard; yes, I am this clueless about comic books LOL. One of them actually reminded me a bit of early Sheldon, his speech was a bit monotonous and he looked down when talking (to anybody). Oh and I also saw a girl with a TBBT T-shirt on the street! Didn't get to make any reaction though, we passed by each other too quickly for that. Interesting day.

I love it!  Living life like Penny!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

I love it!  Living life like Penny!!!!

That's probably the only area in which I live like Penny LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While I was grocery shopping today, I discovered this.

nicnacs.jpg.6b15e9c2aab1cd2fc81f115174a64639.jpg

The company who sells this snacks stages a competition at the moment in which you can win a trip for two persons to LA, including a taping of TBBT, next year in March. You only have to send in/upload the receipt to prove you have purchased it. Well, I participated...and when I win, I promise to write a taping report. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3
  • Leonard Cupid 1

So disappointed to find out that Erinn Hayes who played the wife on Kevin Can Wait was let go from the show to make way for  Leah Remini. Erinn's character has passed away and Ms Remini will play the Kevin James character's former police partner.  Of course all this happened months ago and I only found out last night when I tuned in after Young Sheldon. Boycotting that one!

53 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

So disappointed to find out that Erinn Hayes who played the wife on Kevin Can Wait was let go from the show to make way for  Leah Remini. Erinn's character has passed away and Ms Remini will play the Kevin James character's former police partner.  Of course all this happened months ago and I only found out last night when I tuned in after Young Sheldon. Boycotting that one!

They handled that HORRIBLY. I was not a regular watcher of the show and it even bothered me.

• Like 1

The Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to Rainer Weiss of MIT and Kip Thorne and Barry Barish, both from CalTech for the discovery of ripples in space-time known as gravitational waves, which were predicted by Albert Einstein a century ago but had never been directly seen. (From The NY Times-go read their article. Interesting!). Congratulations to them and their institutions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(As a note Dr Weiss is 85, Dr Thorne is 77 and Dr Barish is 81. Still plenty of time for our favorites!)

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That has never bothered them before.

He's the Fez of That Big Bang Theory,

Not really. Fez was at least treated like an actual individual and character. And was developed by the end of the series. I Think problem with Raj is he was always kinda just their, and a kinda irrelevant character. But since the show became more relationship driven. I think his character has become even more redundant. He doesen't have a SO. Had Emily for a while. But currently their seems no hope for his character. 

Edited by 3ku11

9 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

What? Is Fez/Jackie the Sheldon/Penny of the That 70s fandom?

Yeah good catch...

tumblr_oiadxksQHw1rhu3voo1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2