The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Chit Chat: Season 11

21 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

What? Is Fez/Jackie the Sheldon/Penny of the That 70s fandom?

Well obviousley Fez and Jackie ending up together one of the most nonsensical and absurd ending in TV history, most critics agree. Point is Raj has always been a Secondary at best character. So no Fez and Jackie weren't like Sheldon and Penny. I was just saying that Raj is not developed at all .

By the end of the show Fez and Jackie were basically the only ones left, it was a "last two people on earth" situation.

4 minutes ago, JE7 said:

By the end of the show Fez and Jackie were basically the only ones left, it was a "last two people on earth" situation.

Yes true. Diddn't change how illogical the story telling was though. Hopefully this series finalie is a more desirable one. Which seems more likely comparitively. 

Edited by 3ku11

42 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Jackie/Fez was set up and foreshadowed in the early seasons.

Also Hyde was still there and they still chose to move on from him.

This topic is better suited to 70'sHQ not a tbbt site. 

• Haha 1

Ok i am in nerd heaven, two of my favorite fictional unistar trek and harry potter have crossed paths :icon_cheesygrin:

It is good to know that the Malfoy family survived into the 23rd century and one of Lucius malfoy's descendants even joined starfleet. I wonder if he's a squib?

jason-isaacs-capt-lorca-discovery-750x480.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Reminder for anyone else here in the United Kingdom who might need reminding: clocks go back at 2 am.

I don't know how it is in UK but many swedes want to have summer time all year around. 

Edited by Lagernisse

Well, considering where it's located, summertime all year long would be difficult...OH, Summer Time all year long.  Got it.  :icon_razz:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Well, considering where it's located, summertime all year long would be difficult...OH, Summer Time all year long.  Got it.  :icon_razz:

LOL ,so wrong it can be when you type a little bit to fast, fixed it to summer time. :icon_biggrin: 

I'm guessing that summertime all around in Sweden will only happen after some serious global warming. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by Lagernisse

17 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I don't know how it is in UK but many swedes want to have summer time all year around. 

The Swedes are much further north than Great Britain ( that's the big island in the British Isles ). We have tried having BST ( with the S standing for 'standard'  instead of 'summer' ) all year round because it was thought mainland Scotland would benefit. FYI of those outside UK it meant not putting the clocks back to GMT from October to March. The experiment wasn't successful. Those who have forgotten it or who are too young to have experienced it are among  some who are calling  now for BST all year round. One thing I remember is as soon as the clocks didn't go back, my banger of a car would refuse for exactly one hour to start in the cold. I had to take the bus to work for six months. I blamed the government. Poor old Ted.

• Like 1

Hi guys just got the big bang theory facebook cbs and people are going off about will weaton what he said on twitter about the texas shooting i havent seen what he said but they want himm fired they are going to boycott big bang if  he on it whats going on

18 minutes ago, kbp said:

Hi guys just got the big bang theory facebook cbs and people are going off about will weaton what he said on twitter about the texas shooting i havent seen what he said but they want himm fired they are going to boycott big bang if  he on it whats going on

A knee jerk reaction to a national tragedy,  It happens every time.  Those who tell actors to shut up & act versus those who argue for free speech versus those who quote the Bible/the power of prayer versus those who want more gun control in the US.  Events like this create a raw nerve and people strike out at others in response.  It will die down eventually.

• Like 2

Hello,

i am a sad Texan today.  27 ppl at a church are dead.  

And Will made a statement:

it hurt many    I can’t watch the show if he is on it. Does anyone else think he was heartless ?

he said they would still be here if God hear them  paraphrasing   

Heartless man   ?

i hope they fire him   

May I saw this wasn’t a woman in a cowboy hat. It was real people. That are dead.  

14 hours ago, kbp said:

He's hardly on the show. They can hardly fire him. I don't know why people take what celebrities say so seriously. He's got a right to say whatever he wants, but it doesn't require anymore scrutiny than what anyone else says.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

He's hardly on the show. They can hardly fire him. I don't know why people take what celebrities say so seriously. He's got a right to say whatever he wants, but it doesn't require anymore scrutiny than what anyone else says.

Couldnt agree more...

Although i will say that statements, tweets, whatever should have a point and express it without vulgarity or name calling if they want me to listen

22196095_1526182117464319_5105082967221492210_n.jpg

Edited by JE7
Yes, I do actually own one just like this
  • Like 2

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with pop-up ads/virus-type things showing up lately when accessing the forum. Over the last week or two, I've had these come up numerous times on mobile and never did in the past. I haven't tried accessing the site from desktop recently.

6 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with pop-up ads/virus-type things showing up lately when accessing the forum. Over the last week or two, I've had these come up numerous times on mobile and never did in the past. I haven't tried accessing the site from desktop recently.

It sometimes happens to me too, just on mobile.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I'll look into this. Do you know what specifically the ads for?

There is a Google Adsense code on the forum which was originally meant to allow them to display in-frame ads on mobile, which meant they would show up on the page itself (usually at the bottom of the screen), but not open new tabs or anything like that. Those ads wouldn't appear between the forum content (those ads don't get shown to members), but would be shown on the forum page. 

I'll have to see whether they've changed anything about those ads and are now using them to deliver pop-ups. I haven't seen anything suspicious about the forum that would indicate a virus or hacking to place ad code.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tripper said:

There is a Google Adsense code on the forum which was originally meant to allow them to display in-frame ads on mobile, which meant they would show up on the page itself (usually at the bottom of the screen), but not open new tabs or anything like that. Those ads wouldn't appear between the forum content (those ads don't get shown to members), but would be shown on the forum page. 

I'll have to see whether they've changed anything about those ads and are now using them to deliver pop-ups. I haven't seen anything suspicious about the forum that would indicate a virus or hacking to place ad code.

In my case they look like one of those bogus Google advertisements were they tell you might have won something and encourage you to answer a question to get the prize. I just press the return button, open a new connection to the forum and everything goes back to normal.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

Over the last week or two, I've had these come up numerous times on mobile and never did in the past. I haven't tried accessing the site from desktop recently.

I never go online on my phone. I only have it in case I get a flat tire or something, so I can't say. I hope it works out for you, though, and isn't too annoying.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tripper said:

Hi @Tripper. It's a popup that says something like "you've won...". I need to press my back button several times to get me out. The next time I see it, I'll pay more attention. Thanks for checking into it.

18 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I never go online on my phone. I only have it in case I get a flat tire or something, so I can't say. I hope it works out for you, though, and isn't too annoying.

Thanks, @Die Zimtzicke. It doesn't happen every time but enough that it's bothersome.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2017 at 10:28 PM, mirs1 said:

In my case they look like one of those bogus Google advertisements were they tell you might have won something and encourage you to answer a question to get the prize. I just press the return button, open a new connection to the forum and everything goes back to normal.

I've adjusted the settings for the type of ads Google displays on the forum to limit that kind of ad. Please let me know if you experience the annoying advertisements again. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2