The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desdemona

Howardette Season 11 (Spoilers)

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It has to be November 14th.  

Her baby then better be on time!! :icon_cheesygrin::icon_wink:

• Like 3

I know what I am going to say belongs to earlier seasons but as it is something that was for the future and happiness of Howardette, here we go...

I had rewatched The countdown  reflection last night and howardette wedding is really my favourite so far. The wedding stuff and the comedy were well balanced and Melissa and Simon performances were so spot on, their chemestry is really awesome!

I am really looking foward to seeing much more from this couple and their litle Halley. Although Melissa could have not a big screen time in first half of the season, I really hope writers keep to develop for this cute family great storyplots. This couple has been really growing on me for last two seasons. <3

And last but not least, the Countdown Reflection tag scene will be always one of my favourite all time! So much love and friendship sense showed in a perfect way through those hands holding.... such a gem! :wub:

• Like 7

Hello everybody! 

I just returned from vacation and what do I find? An extended like function and Melissa pregnant?!

Wow, just wow!

I'm so happy for her! Even if that means that we might not see her for a while, after she gives birth. Or earlier.

I can See her either being a voice coming from the off like mrs. Wolowitz or Bernie hiding behind a giant ficus for a while until she reappears  again for a wonder.

Raj and Howard are playing Wii in the living room when the Ficus rustles. They look at it and suddenly Bernies appears behind it saying "tadaaaa!"

Raj: Oi, Bernie where have been? 

Bernie: That's a mystery. As well as my elephant pregnancy. *Melissa winks into the camera*

*Simon and Kunal turn to the camera deadpan frowning while the X File theme plays in the background*

LOL

But who knows maybe they put her in one of those oversized cute pregnancy dresses? Of she stays put at the kitchen table for the rest of her pregnancy.

Oh them possibilities! I can't Walt to find out!

Btw. Thank you for keeping this thread alive while I wasn't around. Unfortunately I can't be as much around here as I used to, due to my RL.

But I'm thankful for you wonderful people, who come here to talk about Howardette! :giveheart:

Have a nice day\ evening!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Welcome back, Desdemona.  I hope you had a wonderful vacation! :shy:

how_116.gif.1cb4bf2b9e206ec06b5f3afd89b8896d.gif

What do you meant with RL? LOL (I know)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Hello everybody! 

I just returned from vacation and what do I find? An extended like function and Melissa pregnant?!

Wow, just wow!

I'm so happy for her! Even if that means that we might not see her for a while, after she gives birth. Or earlier.

I can See her either being a voice coming from the off like mrs. Wolowitz or Bernie hiding behind a giant ficus for a while until she reappears  again for a wonder.

Raj and Howard are playing Wii in the living room when the Ficus rustles. They look at it and suddenly Bernies appears behind it saying "tadaaaa!"

Raj: Oi, Bernie where have been? 

Bernie: That's a mystery. As well as my elephant pregnancy. *Melissa winks into the camera*

*Simon and Kunal turn to the camera deadpan frowning while the X File theme plays in the background*

LOL

But who knows maybe they put her in one of those oversized cute pregnancy dresses? Of she stays put at the kitchen table for the rest of her pregnancy.

Oh them possibilities! I can't Walt to find out!

Btw. Thank you for keeping this thread alive while I wasn't around. Unfortunately I can't be as much around here as I used to, due to my RL.

But I'm thankful for you wonderful people, who come here to talk about Howardette! :giveheart:

Have a nice day\ evening!

Patty, your  back! :wub:

So glad for hearing from you, love to read your tbbt dialogues and thoughts about the show :)

So we are going to have another Wolowitz! Can not wait to see how it will be introduced on show. 

Have a nice day too! :*

• Like 4

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Welcome back, Desdemona.  I hope you had a wonderful vacation! :shy:

how_116.gif.1cb4bf2b9e206ec06b5f3afd89b8896d.gif

What do you meant with RL? LOL (I know)

I had thank you @veejay

It is the opposite with me, my RL requires all my attention, so I needed vacation asap. I blanked out any thoughts, switched off everything (even cell phone and internet, even if it was hard) and enjoyed myself and my peaceful environment. But I let myself go too much, because I didn't forget my worries, but my pw for my account here as well. Fortunately the memory returned to me. LOL

I'm sorry, but it seems I can't give more likes for today!

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Patty, your  back! :wub:

So glad for hearing from you, love to read your tbbt dialogues and thoughts about the show :)

So we are going to have another Wolowitz! Can not wait to see how it will be introduced on show. 

Have a nice day too! :*

That's really cute of you!

Yeah, I just read the full TR and I was excited to read that the writers decided to have Howardette a second baby!

Hopefully a Wolowitz jr.!

Can't wait to See them having to handle both babies. Howie you better help Bernie or I'll come for you! :paladin:

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

It's a boy! Congratulations to Bernie and Howard! I like Howard and Sheldon plot in this episode...I usually hate when Sheldon is considered like the "baby" in the group, but in this case this plot device is put at good use. I think all the guys in the show might have, deep inside, the fear they would be not really good fathers for boys, since they are not really into some of the things boys usually like. So, having Sheldon and Howard bonding over father-son things, like building a model rocket or driving sounds nice to me. Also the fact both Sheldon and Howard mention their fathers is interesting. I think it might be time for Howard to meet his father again, at least to have closure with him. I would be very interested in this plot, I hope its time has come.

Bernie and Raj plot seems more "traditional" and with the usual jokes about Raj, but some bits of it seem funny too!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It's a boy! Congratulations to Bernie and Howard! I like Howard and Sheldon plot in this episode...I usually hate when Sheldon is considered like the "baby" in the group, but in this case this plot device is put at good use. I think all the guys in the show might have, deep inside, the fear they would be not really good fathers for boys, since they are not really into some of the things boys usually like. So, having Sheldon and Howard bonding over father-son things, like building a model rocket or driving sounds nice to me. Also the fact both Sheldon and Howard mention their fathers is interesting. I think it might be time for Howard to meet his father again, at least to have closure with him. I would be very interested in this plot, I hope its time has come.

Bernie and Raj plot seems more "traditional" and with the usual jokes about Raj, but some bits of it seem funny too!

Love this post!

You are right, it's time for Howard to meet his Dad, now he is happily married and has two babies.

I love that"Daddy's little girl...magnet" joke, very funny. And considering that Halley has one said "Daddy's little girl" onesie, it's very cute.

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

Makes sense that they would have a boy next, gives some different storyline opportunities down the line.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

It's a boy! Congratulations to Bernie and Howard!

This is the first time I've been glad about the IMDB boards closing down. The huge arguments that occurred there with the first baby about circumcision before we knew it was a girl got way out of hand in my opinion. I'll be hoping that the writers never even bring it up with this baby and open that can of worms.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This is the first time I've been glad about the IMDB boards closing down. The huge arguments that occurred there with the first baby about circumcision before we knew it was a girl got way out of hand in my opinion. I'll be hoping that the writers never even bring it up with this baby and open that can of worms.

OMG Don't remind me! I never posted on the TBBT IMDB boards but lurking there it was a mess. I also hope they discreetly just ignore the topic altogether.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

We had some talks about that in this forum  too, not quite vicious as the ones  you mention, but we did speak about that, especially in relation to the fact Howard and Bernie practice different faiths. I agree with you, no need to insist on this topic, religion is a pretty delicate matter...

• Like 4

There was no discussion on the show about baptising Halley so maybe they will just not bring this up.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jonny said:

Makes sense that they would have a boy next, gives some different storyline opportunities down the line.

Agree. I would like to see finally a storyline about Howard and his father as it was spoken as a possibility in past seasons . It could be linked to his half brother as Howard could get along with him and a meeting could happen between father and son even unplanned. I think it would be nicely as a way for Howard get closure about a part of his past as he surely think often as he is a father now.

8 hours ago, mirs1 said:

We had some talks about that in this forum  too, not quite vicious as the ones  you mention, but we did speak about that, especially in relation to the fact Howard and Bernie practice different faiths. I agree with you, no need to insist on this topic, religion is a pretty delicate matter...

I agree.  And there is no need indeed of jokes about  this time be a baby boy as circuncision might be a subject on table.  Please, no thanks, writers.

• Like 2

The Howard and Bernie stuff was hysterical in the premiere. They have me looking forward to how they are dealing with baby number two. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've noticed something interesting.

When the show first decided to add a baby to the storyline, I've seen countless comments on social media saying "No, we don't need babies...They will ruin the show!!!" etc, etc...

Now, when we are about to have TWO babies in the show, especially after 1111 aired, lots of people were saying: "Why have we still not seen Halley?" "We need to see Halley, instead of hearing the awful crying sound!!!" "Maybe when her brother is born, we get to see them both!" etc, etc... Of course, there are still many people who don't like the baby plot, but it's interesting to see the opposite opinion. 

Due to Melissa's real pregnancy, we haven't seen many Howardette plots, but I enjoyed their storylines, except for when the writers took Bernadette's "evil side" overboard that episode...

I hope in the second half of Season 11, we get to see more of their storylines, involving work, juggling work and parenting, etc, etc...

And, of course, something from my bucket list of the show: Meeting Howard's Dad.

Come on, writers, please make it happen!!!

Edited by snapepans
add something
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, snapepans said:

I've noticed something interesting.

When the show first decided to add a baby to the storyline, I've seen countless comments on social media saying "No, we don't need babies...They will ruin the show!!!" etc, etc...

Now, when we are about to have TWO babies in the show, especially after 1111 aired, lots of people were saying: "Why have we still not seen Halley?" "We need to see Halley, instead of hearing the awful crying sound!!!" "Maybe when her brother is born, we get to see them both!" etc, etc... Of course, there are still many people who don't like the baby plot, but it's interesting to see the opposite opinion. 

Due to Melissa's real pregnancy, we haven't seen many Howardette plots, but I enjoyed their storylines, except for when the writers took Bernadette's "evil side" overboard that episode...

I hope in the second half of Season 11, we get to see more of their storylines, involving work, juggling work and parenting, etc, etc...

And, of course, something from my bucket list of the show: Meeting Howard's Dad.

Come on, writers, please make it happen!!!

I like the idea of seeing Howard's father, I think it makes sense at this point of the show for him to "close" the cycle and come to terms with his dad abandoning the family. I hope they do that and find a good match for the actor playing the role.

As for not seeing Halley, I've seen this kind of complaints since she was born. After she cried for a couple of episodes, many were tired of the joke and wanted to see an actual baby. For me it still work well, but I might change my mind after the second kid is born. It would be odd to see one child and not the other. Let's see what the writers have in store for us...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

I like the idea of seeing Howard's father, I think it makes sense at this point of the show for him to "close" the cycle with him and come to terms with him abandoning his family. I hope they do that and find a good match for the actor playing him.

As for not seeing Halley, I've seen this kind of complaints since she was born. After she actually cried a couple of episodes, many were tired of the joke and wanted to see an actual baby. For me it still work well, but I might change my mind after the second kid is born. It would be odd to see one child and not the other. Let's see what the writers have in store for us...

I've been OK with not seeing Halley until 1111, I don't like the crying sound, but I like it being a homage to Mrs. Wolowitz. But after I watched 1111, I thought it was really weird not seeing the actual birthday girl at her birthday party, and now, we have baby No.2 on the way...

I'm looking forward to seeing how the writers are gonna handle this situation.  :)

• Like 4

I think after Halley was born it became a fact, there is a baby in the story. I liked the homage idea at first but the cry did become annoying and as time goes by it is getting a bit too much, as you said @snapepans it is really weird not seeing the birthday girl and she is also part of the other characters' lives. I liked that they acted caring about her when Bernadette said she was awake and they hurried in (well, everyone but Shamy which I think is quite IC) but it is hard (not impossible but hard) to figure every character's relationship with her (including her parents) when you never see her.

• Like 3

I agree with you about the fact two unseen children would be weird but I believe the writers might manage a way it might  still make a bit of sense. I thought 11.11 would get weird as it had a Birthday party where we would not see the Birthday girl and her litle friends but the way the plot was writen, the lack of seen children made sense imo. 

I am not into to see the children on screen either but I have to say the Halley cries were funny at first. After a few times it gets annoying. But as children grow up I hope we may hear very soon Halley trying to say a few words even we could not watch her and the cries are replaced with children cuteness as they talk. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I agree with you about the fact two unseen children would be weird but I believe the writers might manage a way it might  still make a bit of sense. I thought 11.11 would get weird as it had a Birthday party where we would not see the Birthday girl and her litle friends but the way the plot was writen, the lack of seen children made sense imo. 

I am not into to see the children on screen either but I have to say the Halley cries were funny at first. After a few times it gets annoying. But as children grow up I hope we may hear very soon Halley trying to say a few words even we could not watch her and the cries are replaced with children cuteness as they talk. 

They still had Pamela Adlon voice her first word and IMO it was creepy! I prefer the cry over that LOL

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bfm said:

They still had Pamela Adlon voice her first word and IMO t was creepy! I prefer the cry over that LOL

Well, I agree but it would be weird if a one year old, a two year old girl( if the show wont be renewed after S12) only cry but it is tbbt , you never know, LOL!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Well, I agree but it would be weird if a one year old, a two year old girl( if the show wont be renewed after S12) only cry but it is tbbt , you never know, LOL!

Yeah what I think is that with all the respect for Adlon it's time to replace her with a real baby voice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

They still had Pamela Adlon voice her first word and IMO t was creepy! I prefer the cry over that LOL

Yeah...I agree, as I said I'm not tired with the joke just yet, but that "mummy" was creepy indeed, if I had a child who spoke that way, I'd consult a physician (or call an exorcist) as soon as possible! LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/5/2018 at 6:43 AM, snapepans said:

Oh, and Bernie's "Amazon shipping sewing kit" was so IC, and "you could've done that yourselves", I can totally hear her voice in my head!!!

Me, too.

• Like 3