fitzsimmons

Information For Attending A Big Bang Theory Taping

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, MyWifeisBBTNut said:

So, who else is going to the 1/30/18 taping?  I am so excited that I was able to get two Gen Admissions tickets on the one of two nights we will be in LA all the way from Colombia, SA.  My wife loves this show, she is so excited!  

A few quick questions for those that have been to a taping recently.  

1) We will be coming by Uber so one of us needs to keep our phone, will security check it with an ID as I have read?

2) What time do we really need to get there?  I am reading 3pm for a 630pm taping?  Is it first come, better seating?

3) Is the Warner Brother 2 hour tour before really worth it?  Anybody has done it?

4) If 630pm taping, done around 930pm/10pm, yes?  

Thanks in Advance, 

 

Just wondering when you were able to get your tickets?

Thanks.

Look everyone,

WilWheatonIsMyFriend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets are available 30 days prior to the show.  If that thirty days falls on a weekend (Like it does for almost all of TBBT tapings) the tickets will be available on the following Monday.  They are normally released at 8:30 AM Pacific time.  But can be later or earlier.   Earlier by up to a half hour, later by about 15 minutes, although both have been longer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Tickets are available 30 days prior to the show.  If that thirty days falls on a weekend (Like it does for almost all of TBBT tapings) the tickets will be available on the following Monday.  They are normally released at 8:30 AM Pacific time.  But can be later or earlier.   Earlier by up to a half hour, later by about 15 minutes, although both have been longer.  

Thanks for this answer, but I was actually curious because @MyWifeisBBTNut said he was going on 1/30, but he didn't seem to have tickets yet on 1/10 based on a previous comment he had made. 

We got our tickets for this taping 30 days prior (on 1/1), I guess I'm just curious if others may have noticed the general admission tickets (not standby) being released more than once for a taping, and if this is common.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WilWheatonIsMyFriend said:

Thanks for this answer, but I was actually curious because @MyWifeisBBTNut said he was going on 1/30, but he didn't seem to have tickets yet on 1/10 based on a previous comment he had made. 

We got our tickets for this taping 30 days prior (on 1/1), I guess I'm just curious if others may have noticed the general admission tickets (not standby) being released more than once for a taping, and if this is common.

Thanks

If not sold out, they will release more.  It doesn't seem as prevalent as it used to, just after the fiasco where some guaranteed ticket holders didn't get in.  The changed some of the rules after that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and have a question:

I scored a ticket for the taping on Feb 13th.

I read several posts and was wondering what the addidtional sentence on the ticket actually means - "This ticket does not gurantee admissionto the studio."

It's not a stand-by ticket, I got it Monday when the regular tickets became available, though, the sentence mentioned above makes me worry. 

Is it a standard line they have to put on the tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is there for legal reasons.   If, as happened before, there are more VIPs than originally thought, the guaranteed tickets might not get in.  This has happened only once in that I’m aware of, and changes were put in place to prevent that from on happening again.  Also, you have to get there at the appropriate time, if you show up at 6:00 PM, you probably won’t get in, even with a guaranteed ticket.  Another example would be if they enforce the two show per year restriction.   If you got past prechecks before getting there and they realized you’d been there more than twice, the can deny entrance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That is there for legal reasons.   If, as happened before, there are more VIPs than originally thought, the guaranteed tickets might not get in.  This has happened only once in that I’m aware of, and changes were put in place to prevent that from on happening again.  Also, you have to get there at the appropriate time, if you show up at 6:00 PM, you probably won’t get in, even with a guaranteed ticket.  Another example would be if they enforce the two show per year restriction.   If you got past prechecks before getting there and they realized you’d been there more than twice, the can deny entrance. 

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate your help. 

I'm coming from Germany and haven't been to any taping yet :icon_cheesygrin:

It's super exciting!

I was thinking of doing the Warner tour before the show and get there straight after (4pm-ish).

After reading the very extensive and informative post about the taping (thanks for that by the way), I'm considering to get there even earlier.

I don't want to miss any of the action or risk not getting in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fLoRiAn178 said:

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and have a question:

I scored a ticket for the taping on Feb 13th.

I read several posts and was wondering what the addidtional sentence on the ticket actually means - "This ticket does not gurantee admissionto the studio."

It's not a stand-by ticket, I got it Monday when the regular tickets became available, though, the sentence mentioned above makes me worry. 

Is it a standard line they have to put on the tickets?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome and have a great time at the taping :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fLoRiAn178 said:

I was thinking of doing the Warner tour before the show and get there straight after (4pm-ish).

After reading the very extensive and informative post about the taping (thanks for that by the way), I'm considering to get there even earlier.

I don't want to miss any of the action or risk not getting in.

 

I would recommend going to an earlier WB tour, just to be safe. 

Have a great time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I would recommend going to an earlier WB tour, just to be safe. 

Have a great time!

Very good to know, thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now