veejay

[Spoilers] The "Dark" Lenny Thread: Season 11

14 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I know and that is strange, tenure has the potential of giving the show 2-3 major funny plots.  At least one more of them competing for it and another with them finally getting it.  I can't understand how the writers can ignore that.  

I still think it would be great if Sheldon and Raj got tenure, and Penny had to comfort Leonard, only to find out later that Leonard didn't get tenure because he was being given the department head job because Ganlehauser was leaving.  It could be really funny if Leonard was Sheldon's boss.

Yeah I have been thinking for some time now that Leonard should be department head. He is good with people. He is the quiet leader, leading without using authority. A leader like that is stronger than one who uses physical, financial or legal power to make other do what he wants. Leonard becoming departmemt head has the potential for both funny and touching scenes. Him contemplating it with Penny's help and sharing his challenges with her, Sheldon going crazy with envy but at the end admitting Leonard is the best person for the job, Leonard having to deal with all kinds of crazy requests and arguments from the employees (there is Sheldon, Kripke, Howard, Raj, Leslie?, Ramona... that department is a handful!).

I could picture a plot with Leonard's first week as head of the Physics Department, most of  the week involving problems with Sheldon, people complaining about Sheldon and having to solve disputes in the department involving Sheldon.   Leonard would probably go to Seibert to resign the position only to be told he couldn't because his old job was already filled, It would be so funny.

Well most of the Lenny and show we well they praise. Back s1-6. Are the same writers we criticise now lol. Just loving the irony. Of course Bill Prady when he was showrunner had alot to do with that. But it's unlikely he'll ever return as head writer.

I can see Leonard becoming tenure or some kinda teacher/professor. To tie in with the 11.02 plot. Lacking certainty in his chosen field with physics. Seeing Cal Tech a lot more too would be a bonus. And seeing Galbenhaiser again. What happened to him anyway? Guess the show Became relationship focused. And they didn't use Cal Tech as much. I do like the idea of Leonard becoming the Head of the department. And becoming Sheldons boss lol. 

7 hours ago, SRAM said:

I could picture a plot with Leonard's first week as head of the Physics Department, most of  the week involving problems with Sheldon, people complaining about Sheldon and having to solve disputes in the department involving Sheldon.   Leonard would probably go to Seibert to resign the position only to be told he couldn't because his old job was already filled, It would be so funny.

Maybe he'll come to complain and say he is probably letting Siebert down only for the later to the him he is doing significantly better than Gablehouser in one of the most difficult parts of the job: dealing with Sheldon. Leonard has A LOT of experience in that area and some secret weapons (Penny, Amy, Mary).

12 hours ago, JE7 said:

What would it be like if we were all together watching an unspoiled episode.... (Insert Dream sequence wavy lines/music here)

misc_00415.gif.ea80018babce0511394333260e819624.gif

Looks like LTD to me :icon_cheesygrin: And if you keep just the part after the crash that is how I watched "The Romance Recalibration" and "The Collaboration Fluctuation".

(Replied on the dark side :fi_lone_ranger:)

Edited by bfm

On 8/24/2017 at 4:01 PM, bfm said:

Yeah I have been thinking for some time now that Leonard should be department head. He is good with people. He is the quiet leader, leading without using authority. A leader like that is stronger than one who uses physical, financial or legal power to make other do what he wants. Leonard becoming departmemt head has the potential for both funny and touching scenes. Him contemplating it with Penny's help and sharing his challenges with her, Sheldon going crazy with envy but at the end admitting Leonard is the best person for the job, Leonard having to deal with all kinds of crazy requests and arguments from the employees (there is Sheldon, Kripke, Howard, Raj, Leslie?, Ramona... that department is a handful!).

Also, he has an ally in Mrs. Latham as a donor! (Although I don't know if Penny would be happy with this as they are married now!)

14 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Also, he has an ally in Mrs. Latham as a donor! (Although I don't know if Penny would be happy with this as they are married now!)

Perhaps Mrs. Latham also became a victim of her rampant sex drive and died of a sudden foot cramp. Oh, I meant, of course, heart cramp. :shy:

I think Leonard becoming the new department head, should happen. And be a fresh new story arch for the series. And Johnnny who looks bored lol. Leonard would be a good teacher or professor too. Seeing Leonard deal with all kinda crazy issues. Seeing that department would be a handle lol. Potentially could be hilarious. Seeing Cal Tech utilised more be good too. Having s11 focused on the characters careers, more then their relationships is what I want.

20 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think Leonard becoming the new department head, should happen. And be a fresh new story arch for the series. And Johnnny who looks bored lol. Leonard would be a good teacher or professor too. Seeing Leonard deal with all kinda crazy issues. Seeing that department would be a handle lol. Potentially could be hilarious. Seeing Cal Tech utilised more be good too. Having s11 focused on the characters careers, more then their relationships is what I want.

There is a lot of potential with that type of story arch, they could probably spread it across the whole season with bits and pieces every couple of episodes.  With some work on Penny's career too, you can see how plots for episodes will be easy to put together.  Them helping each other with their careers could be both cute and funny.

I would also like to see Penny work one of the fund raiser events at the college with Leonard, her bringing in more money than him, Siebert making him promise to send Penny to the next one, even if Leonard can't come.  Penny telling Leonard that getting money from rich people is no harder than selling pharmaceuticals, that they don't want or need, to doctors.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Mario D. said:

OMG! MY mind is always in the gutter! I misread it as he was an ally in Mrs. Latham unconsciously referring to the time he actually was in Mrs. Latham. Oh well.....

1 hour ago, Babar said:

Why do the writers try to make Lenny a boring old married couple as a joke? There is a scene in 11.01 where Leonard makes Penny a cake as a surprise because stuff was happening for the other two couples and not them, and she asks is it their anniversary. Leonard says no but like 30 seconds later he checks his phone and says it is in fact their anniversary. Like, WTH, writers??

I am quoting this here in the dark thread because this is where we come to complain about the writing of Lenny. This part really bothered me, I really think they should have cut it. I'm quoting my response to it when I read about it in the TR:

On 16.8.2017 at 9:35 PM, bfm said:

[...]

And since this is the dark thread I just have to say I just hate that they made Leonard forget their anniversary. I may be less angry if it were Penny and it were attributed to her having a general difficulty remembering dates but Leonard?! Why did they put that in? What is that supposed to mean?

4 hours ago, bfm said:

I am quoting this here in the dark thread because this is where we come to complain about the writing of Lenny. This part really bothered me, I really think they should have cut it. I'm quoting my response to it when I read about it in the TR:

Especially looking back at Season 9, Episode 9 "The Platonic Permutation"  the Thanksgiving episode whereby Leonard knows almost everything about Penny. So it would be hard to believe that he would forget their anniversary

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Especially looking back at Season 9, Episode 9 "The Platonic Permutation"  the Thanksgiving episode whereby Leonard knows almost everything about Penny. So it would be hard to believe that he would forget their anniversary

Exactly, this is the same situation like when they had Leonard taking Penny for granted last season, this is completely out of character for Leonard.

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonard's not perfect. It's quite understandable he forgot their anniversary. If he was preoccupied. It's quite common. 

No it isn't quite common.  I don't know of any friends who have forgotten their anniversary.  I haven't forgotten any of the forty my wife an I have had.  And that includes those times when I was Iceland, Saudi Arabia and other places while my wife was here in the states.   Especially by anyone as clued in as Leonard is about Penny.  I might see it happening with Penny, not with Leonard.   

Also Leonard has always been pushed as the romantic one in their relationship, so just suddenly having him forget their anniversary, which the event was only one or two years ago, depending on which wedding you count, is way out of character for him, even if he is only human.  After all this is the guy who knows which Spice Girl is Penny's favorite, he will not forget an anniversary.

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

Also Leonard has always been pushed as the romantic one in their relationship, so just suddenly having him forget their anniversary, which the event was only one or two years ago, depending on which wedding you count, is way out of character for him, even if he is only human.  After all this is the guy who knows which Spice Girl is Penny's favorite, he will not forget an anniversary.

This is just another example where the writers thinks they are really funny but to a Lenny fan these so called jokes are just proof that the writers doesn't care anymore about Lenny. 

18 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

This is just another example where the writers thinks they are really funny but to a Lenny fan these so called jokes are just proof that the writers doesn't care anymore about Lenny. 

I also think it supports what some people have been saying, the writers haven't been trying and have gotten lazy.  When the writers, who have worked on the show for a while, ignore canon so that they can just finish a laugh in a scene, that is laziness and poor writing.  Think about it, the writers probably make more money now than in the first seasons of the show, but instead of them turning out a better or at least equal product they just give us barely sustaining effort to keep the show going.  Is there any doubt why the Emmy's ignore the show and why probably the most enthusiastic actor in the show (Kaley) now is saying season 12 will probably be the end.

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

I also think it supports what some people have been saying, the writers haven't been trying and have gotten lazy.  When the writers, who have worked on the show for a while, ignore canon so that they can just finish a laugh in a scene, that is laziness and poor writing.  Think about it, the writers probably make more money now than in the first seasons of the show, but instead of them turning out a better or at least equal product they just give us barely sustaining effort to keep the show going.  Is there any doubt why the Emmy's ignore the show and why probably the most enthusiastic actor in the show (Kaley) now is saying season 12 will probably be the end.

I totally agree with you and I also find it interesting that Kaley now says that the show should end after season 12. 

39 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Jmo but i don't think we will see a major lenny story line for the rest of series unless tptb decide they need to divorce

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just my thoughts ,but I think the odds for a divorce is lower than Penny getting pregnant.  

6 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I personally don't think either will happen

Neither do I ,just saying that the I think the chance/risk for a divorce is greater than a pregnancy. I really don't think the writers are interested in writing a pregnancy story for Lenny, we have already had two pregnancies on the show so i don't think there will be a third. 

Edited by Lagernisse

32 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I'm just hoping the upcoming episode of Leonard talking disappointedly about Physics isn't just an episode to trash him for a few jokes.  I'm really interested if Penny will be there for him or will just put him down and side with Sheldon again.

Huh? Why are you saying this? So you don't believe me when I told you Penny is supportive throughout the whole episode and is there for him? Do you think I lied to you and made this up? I have my information from someone who was at the taping. There's neither siding with Sheldon nor is Penny putting Leonard down!

Edited by luminous

I'm just hoping the upcoming episode of Leonard talking disappointedly about Physics isn't just an episode to trash him for a few jokes.  I'm really interested if Penny will be there for him or will just put him down and side with Sheldon again.
I think that was thrown in so sheldon can get tenure