[Spoilers] The "Dark" Lenny Thread: Season 11

1 hour ago, JE7 said:

Damn, this season must be way better than the last. We went 23 days without a post here :rtfm:

o_0492.gif.afd7f58e8705b719084c962233b15201.gif

"It is f***in' great to be alive and that's the program of our show for tonight."
Frank Zappa - Just another Band from L.A.

:shy:

• Like 4

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate the upside view. It's entirely possible that the actor was able to leverage the writers to modify the treatment of his character. They started out so promisingly with the L/P premise - so

The writers give us as much "Shenny" as they do because Sheldon and Penny are the most popular characters. When the show started, Johnny got the top billing of the big 3 based upon his career history.

So true, if the writers ever give us a scene again of them in the bedroom, making out, I think we may lose a few people on this forum from shock.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, JE7 said:

Damn, this season must be way better than the last. We went 23 days without a post here :rtfm:

I think it is, but they still manage to mess up and annoy me a times. Also I think our expectations are indeed low, remember the dark thread started in the horrendous season 10, hard to get as low as that.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 7

SO Lenny dated a few times and broke up a few times. Yayy for changing history! I don't get why the show just cannot use the matarial they have. Instead of changing cannon, its not neccessary. OF course this is about Penny giving Zack her laptop. Leading to the Secret. Hopefully that's not too bad lol.

• Like 2

Maybe it is a video of the writers room then and they find out they didn't have all these break ups but it was invented years later by the omnipotent people who control their lives :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, bfm said:

Maybe it is a video of the writers room then and they find out they didn't have all these break ups but it was invented years later by the omnipotent people who control their lives :icon_cheesygrin:

There are so many possibilities that I am thinking that my head hurts!  Maybe we should have had a contest to see who comes the closest.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I know lots of people think the video was sweet, but doesn't anyone else think it was spoiled by Penny winding up falling down drunk and Leonard and Zack repeatedly watching  that?

21 hours ago, Tensor said:

I favor the idea that the writers don't fucking care if they just make up stuff, as long as they think it's funny, and the audience has a good reaction.

Good point.

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I know lots of people think the video was sweet, but doesn't anyone else think it was spoiled by Penny winding up falling down drunk and Leonard and Zack repeatedly watching  that?

Good point.

I think it was just Zack that wanted to keep watching it, Leonard was still all emotional about Penny’s feelings in the video.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Good point.

Not really it is a comedy so they needed to get a few laughs out of it. IT was more Zack who wanted to keep watching that point of the video. Leonard was more focused on the content regarding Penny's true feelings for Leonard in the video. It is almost like the Penny of 2x24 by her door was finnally exposed to Leonard.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Not really it is a comedy so they needed to get a few laughs out of it. IT was more Zack who wanted to keep watching that point of the video. Leonard was more focused on the content regarding Penny's true feelings for Leonard in the video. It is almost like the Penny of 2x24 by her door was finnally exposed to Leonard.

Nice!

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm not trying to start a fight...this is just the only place I could think to ask respectfully and be taken seriously. Why is them holding hands such a big deal? I am keeping my mouth shut tight around my Lenny friends. My hardcore Lenny friends are acting like they just got an entire Lenny ep and if I hadn't been paying close attention to this whole episode, I might have missed the hand holding. Is that really all it takes to make something a great Lenny ep now?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Okay, I'm not trying to start a fight...this is just the only place I could think to ask respectfully and be taken seriously. Why is them holding hands such a big deal? I am keeping my mouth shut tight around my Lenny friends. My hardcore Lenny friends are acting like they just got an entire Lenny ep and if I hadn't been paying close attention to this whole episode, I might have missed the hand holding. Is that really all it takes to make something a great Lenny ep now?

Well...yes. It is very rare that we get something like this these days so when it happens many of us Lennys are thrilled. If we were in season 6 right now our reaction would have probably been different.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Going back three years to season eight, we've gotten so little Lenny.  And most of what we have gotten hasn't been all that great, that yes, that's what makes a great Lenny episode now.    

• Like 8

If this was Season 6. I Don't think most Leonard and Penny fans would even notice if they were holding hands. But seeing the quality or even the quantity of Lenny has significantly declined the past four seasons. I think even these little things, are big things now. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

For me the hand holding is symbolic of them being a happily married young couple. It's not just about the hand holding. They were nice to each other. They talked about Leonard's brother's annoying letter. They worked together on their list which I thought was funny. They planned a little trip. It felt like they were close and content and in sync with each other. They had their own little story and they weren't sarcastic  or nasty to each other as they too frequently have been in the last few seasons.

In a nut shell, when you've been rooting for a couple for 10 seasons it makes you happy when they are happy.  

• Like 9

Their is also a case for the first seven seasons was a long term story arch for Lenny since the pilot. Well they or won't they. Leonard chasing Penny. Then around Season 5-7 we saw Penny's point of view. The writers may think their story is done and/or ran out of ideas for them. The latter seems more suitable. 

• Like 1

On 15.12.2017 at 11:27 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Thanks for your opinion and justified question.

Lenny have been so marginalized since season 8 (IMO). Everything that's written for them seems like an afterthought just to give them screen time. They rarely have had any kind of a significant or fun story at all (the exception proves the rule).
Well, it seems in a way both Penny and Leonard's characters suffered from the addition of Amy. For the first couple of seasons Leonard was playing the straight man to Sheldon's shenanigans and some of Penny's best scenes involved her interacting with Sheldon and humanizing him. Those are both parts that now Amy has taken over (to a certain degree at least). And since Lenny’s romance has also come to its conclusion by finally getting married, they're both drifting a lot without any good plots. The lazy solution (i.e. a baby) is also not an option since we already have not one but soon two kiddies on the show.

So again my appeal on the writers to reinstate Anything Can Happen Thursday!
Shake the brain bush one more time, see what falls out! 

n_0436.gif.5944eab3811fe533eea2b597b6c505b8.gif

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2017 at 2:52 AM, 3ku11 said:

Their is also a case for the first seven seasons was a long term story arch for Lenny since the pilot. Well they or won't they. Leonard chasing Penny. Then around Season 5-7 we saw Penny's point of view. The writers may think their story is done and/or ran out of ideas for them. The latter seems more suitable. 

The writers seems to be completely stuck or uninterested with writing story arcs for Lenny and when they do write something all they can come up with is a trip to Santa Catalina Island, wow that's really creative...... Penny hardly ever leaves the apartment building anymore and when she does go out, all she goes to is Howardette's house. I just don't get it why Leonard and Penny can't go to Nebraska and visit her parents and relatives, the potential for funny plots in a trip like that is huge in my opinion. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

The writers seems to be completely stuck or uninterested with writing story arcs for Lenny and when they do write something all they can come up with is a trip to Santa Catalina Island, wow that's really creative...... Penny hardly ever leaves the apartment building anymore and when she does go out, all she goes to is Howardette's house. 

That doesn't seem quite right. :shy:

n_0430.gif.ea17dfe02e59a19a83fffddda8ea43c1.gif

...but I guess what you meant.

• Like 2

I think Bill Prady got Lenny the most. Alot of their best story archs were the first five seasons. And he had alot to do with that. I Don't want to hate on Moloro. Because he is a lovely man. And a decent writer. But I feel things shifted when he took over. It was not noticable in Season 6. Season 6 was probably their peak season in terms of multi story archs, character development. It is my fav Lenny season. With Season 3 a close second. But something shifted for me when he took over. That was especially apparent in Season 7, then Season Hate, then Season Oh So Fine ;). Then Season I needs Lens. Since Holland took over. IT is not perfect. But just certain sublties changing has gone a long way for the delivery of Lenny in writing and direction to be far more satisfying. I also agree when @veejay said Amy's involvement in the show in the long term changed alot too. Lenny have yes been significantly marginlized since Season 8. Whether that is an increasingly focus on Shamy. Not getting OT just pointing that out. Amy has kinda taken over Leonard and Penny in the caregiver role. And I Guess now Lenny's romance arch has come to a conclusion. The writers seem clueless. They do indeed drift in and out of episodes. I Think the show need to take more risks and be more creative with Lenny. But Ratings are high..

On 16/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Unfortunately our Lenny expectations have taken a massive hit over the last 4 years. Any small sign of affection is now greeted with euphoria. C'est la vie.

• Like 7
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1