[Spoilers] The "Dark" Lenny Thread: Season 11

veejay

Don't get me wrong I Think their is still alot more stories to b told with Leonard and Penny. I was just saying I Don't think the writers want too. I think storylines revolved around their careers could be possible. And see how it comes back to their relationship. And how it effects them.

ETA: OH boy one of my posts got another angry emoji 😐

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, snowflake79 said:

Just out of curiosity. Will there also be a "Dark" Shamy Thread? 😀

I personally don't think one is needed. Shamiest's have nothing but positive things to say about shamy. They don't dwell into the darker side of shamy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snowflake79 said:

Just out of curiosity. Will there also be a "Dark" Shamy Thread? 😀

Well, I don't think that's necessary. It is Lenny's uniqueness that has earned this thread, mostly in a good way. 😀

misc_257.gif.0c236866f5d25e1146c58dde470e243a.gif

The following is a reminder of the history of these thread. Back then, during season 10, there were anything but good and funny stories for Lenny, the actual "Lenny thread" was combined with the "Discussion thread" out of technical reasons and unintentionally. This could also be interpreted as a foretaste for Lenny's further development in the series (lol). So a new thread "In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga" was introduced to counter the sad loss in an ironically way.  
Since then, however, this alternative solution has prevailed under today's name "The Dark Lenny Thread" and still offers the possibility to complain about Lenny's development within the series. In an appropriate manner, of course.

Edited by veejay
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, veejay said:

Since then, however, this alternative solution has prevailed under today's name "The Dark Lenny Thread" and still offers the possibility to complain about Lenny's development within the series. In an appropriate manner, of course.

Alrighty. So, the "Dark" Lenny thread is NOT a Lenny bashing thread.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, veejay said:

Not at all! :shy:

Good! ☺️ The normal Lenny thread will always be the #1 meeting place for all Lenny shippers and friends of Lenny. So, a place like this where you can express dislike about certain things regarding Lenny's treatment by the writers from time to time is not so bad. 😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

ETA: OH boy one of my posts got another angry emoji 😐

No I gave it a WTF/that makes little sense emoji, there is a differance.

1 hour ago, snowflake79 said:

Alrighty. So, the "Dark" Lenny thread is NOT a Lenny bashing thread.

No bashing here, so if bashing is required, then go to the Spoiler Season 11 Discussion Thread. Just funnin, I not sure where the proper place to bash is located. I try to limit my bashing to the writers and show runner (Mr. Holland).

Edited by chucky

20 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

No gif ?, I'm a little bit disappointed. :biggrin:

Needy baby, greedy baby. I show you the most beautiful Penny as my avatar. Isn't that enough? :dancing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, veejay said:

Needy baby, greedy baby. I show you the most beautiful Penny as my avatar. Isn't that enough? :dancing:

At last you got rid of that dang fly! I can't tell you how many times I did a double take and looked to squash it!!!!

• Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

For me its a place to lef off my furstration on the treament of Lenny by TPTB. It may come across as bashing to some, it is not. Its the love for lenny that makes me vent my anger on here, if I hated lenny, I would not still be writhing lenny fanfics. To me they seem to be written OOC a lot. but the majority of negative vibes here is a show of love for the couple and wanting the same positive writing that is now only reserved for a certain ship which is very fustrating when it seems like most of the time, tptb just want to sink the lenny ship and it feels like it has now become a chore for the writers and only write tiny bits of lenny once in a while to keep the fandom sweet.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

6 hours ago, veejay said:

Well, I don't think that's necessary. It is Lenny's uniqueness that has earned this thread, mostly in a good way. 😀

The following is a reminder of the history of these thread. Back then, during season 10, there were anything but good and funny stories for Lenny, the actual "Lenny thread" was combined with the "Discussion thread" out of technical reasons and unintentionally. This could also be interpreted as a foretaste for Lenny's further development in the series (lol). So a new thread "In Memory of The Leonard and Penny Saga" was introduced to counter the sad loss in an ironically way.  

Sure it started with that error but it became a place to vent because of the writers' IMO terrible treatment of Lenny in season 10. The accidental merger happened when many of us were already highly frustrated with the writing (second half of season 10, i.e., the era of stupid senseless never-to-be-resolved fights).

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, bfm said:

Sure it started with that error but it became a place to vent because of the writers' IMO terrible treatment of Lenny in season 10. The accidental merger happened when many of us were already highly frustrated with the writing (second half of season 10, i.e., the era of stupid senseless never-to-be-resolved fights).

Exactement. That's I have tried to express in some well-considered words. :shy:

bts_023.gif.4f52058bad5b176849c20cc4a128d518.gif

(Okay, let's not push the sarcasm.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, veejay said:

It would be nice if we could get another valentine's day episode in season 12, now with some scenes from their lost bedroom with Lenny.

• Like 4
  • Leonard Cupid 2

2 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

It would be nice if we could get another valentine's day episode in season 12, now with some scenes from their lost bedroom with Lenny.

YEAH! I'd like to see what changes Penny has made since the last time we saw it. I mean it was about 90% pink right after Leonard told her to make it the way she wanted it to look. Then we saw it dialed down some. I'm wondering did Penny dial it down or was that the items Leonard hid in 4 B?

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

YEAH! I'd like to see what changes Penny has made since the last time we saw it. I mean it was about 90% pink right after Leonard told her to make it the way she wanted it to look. Then we saw it dialed down some. I'm wondering did Penny dial it down or was that the items Leonard hid in 4 B?

I'm guessing that the dial down bedroom is because of Leonard hiding stuff in 4B, but it could also be that the production crew doesn't remember how Lenny's bedroomit used to be.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Swedish Chef said:

I'm guessing that the dial down bedroom is because of Leonard hiding stuff in 4B, but it could also be that the production crew doesn't remember how Lenny's bedroomit used to be.

You are probably right with either scenario. I like the Leonard hiding stuff idea better.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, 3ku11 said:

SO i do disagree I Think the new Showrunner Steve Holland. Has made a huge difference. In just subtle change in writing. Penny is ALOT more affectionate. And Less snarky then she was. And they feel more unified than previous seasons. 

Well I agree Penny has been a lot less snarky in season 11, but I  have to disagree about the affection, while I hated the second half of season 10. In my opinion  season 10  had a lot more affectionate moments between Leonard and Penny than we got in season 11. 

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, 3ku11 said:

I Think the new Showrunner Steve Holland. Has made a huge difference. In just subtle change in writing. Penny is ALOT more affectionate. And Less snarky then she was. And they feel more unified than previous seasons. 

I tend to agree and disagree. Although the snarkiness is down and the showing of affection is trending upward, I feel the affection is not enough. All you see now us a hug, kiss on the cheek and smiles. There is more to affection than that. As for Holland, the more he changes, the more he stays the same. To him, the writers, and TPTB, it's still The Sheldon/Shamy Snow.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, chucky said:

I tend to agree and disagree. Although the snarkiness is down and the showing of affection is trending upward, I feel the affection is not enough. All you see now us a hug, kiss on the cheek and smiles. There is more to affection than that. As for Holland, the more he changes, the more he stays the same. To him, the writers, and TPTB, it's still The Sheldon/Shamy Snow.

I agree and I worry that the trend of Lenny doing nothing more affectionate than the odd smile or cheek kiss and occasional hug will continue in the next season. Because they don't want to show them being more affectionate than the Shamy especially during the Shamy's first year of marriage.  Which is why I believe season 12 main story arc will be about either the super asymmetry project or the Shamy adjusting to being married or both. I wouldn't put it past them to switch the apartments back so that Sheldon can work in the spare room in 4A on the project by himself or with Amy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Zephon75 said:
23 hours ago, chucky said:

m, the writers, and TPTB, it's still The Sheldon/Shamy Snow.

I agree and I worry that the trend of Lenny doing nothing more affectionate than the odd smile or cheek kiss and occasional hug will continue in the next season. Because they don't want to show them being more affectionate than the Shamy especially during the Shamy's first year of marriage.  Which is why I believe season 12 main story arc will be about either the super asymmetry project or the Shamy adjusting to being married or both. I wouldn't put it past them to switch the apartments back so that Sheldon can work in the spare room in 4A on the project by himself or with Amy. 

Well it has not been Lenny centric since you could argue S6. I am not saying theirs been over the top affection. Like PDA. But just interms of from Pennys POV. Just little touches, kiss on cheek. Penny being nice to Leonard etc. May not seem significant. But comparitively I Think it is. As for the super asymmetry project plot. I am not sure that well be an actual plot. They do tend to drop things. 

• Like 1