In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] The "Dark" Lenny Thread: Season 11

veejay

2 hours ago, chucky said:

WOW, Season 6, Back before TBBT became TSCS (The Sheldon Cooper Show),

The past five seasons have been well exhausting LOL. But Lets hope regardless if S12 or S13 is the last season. They deliver something at least memorable. Hopefully with Shamy being married now. They might start distributing story and screen time more evenly. I Think with Leonard and Penny. Focus on their careers be good. Penny pursuing PR work. Who knows if they pick up Leonards novel plot line. Prob do the Shamy project. Who knows though. Lenny road trip. Have them on the couch more. Kissing more etc. All good. Just keep portraying them as a happy married couple like they did last season. But with just a bit more meat than bone in plots. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

The past five seasons have been well exhausting LOL. But Lets hope regardless if S12 or S13 is the last season. They deliver something at least memorable. Hopefully with Shamy being married now. They might start distributing story and screen time more evenly. I Think with Leonard and Penny. Focus on their careers be good. Penny pursuing PR work. Who knows if they pick up Leonards novel plot line. Prob do the Shamy project. Who knows though. Lenny road trip. Have them on the couch more. Kissing more etc. All good. Just keep portraying them as a happy married couple like they did last season. But with just a bit more meat than bone in plots. 

Also just like last season, a lot less meanness and snarkiness than in previous seasons (8,9). I wouldn't mind them around the dreaded island bar. As long as they are happy, smiling and hugging as a happily married couple.

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Could not agree with you more.  All yr suggestions are quality plots.  One thing that bothered me was why did they give up the plot with the guys working on the gov't. project. They left this hanging with no real resolution. Yes, I know the gov't. took over the project but there was no real explanation.  I always felt that they should have quit the university and form their own company. This way the project plotline would have endured.

5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Could not agree with you more.  All yr suggestions are quality plots.  One thing that bothered me was why did they give up the plot with the guys working on the gov't. project. They left this hanging with no real resolution. Yes, I know the gov't. took over the project but there was no real explanation.  I always felt that they should have quit the university and form their own company. This way the project plotline would have endured.

interesting thought

On 6/11/2018 at 11:36 AM, Mario D. said:

I always felt that they should have quit the university and form their own company. This way the project plotline would have endured.

But the guys have a morbid fear of the unknown. Besides Cooper and Howard would want to be the boss. Who in their right mind would want to work for those two inconsiderate asses?

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

But the guys have a morbid fear of the unknown. Besides Cooper and Howard would want to be the boss. Who in their right mind would want to work for those two inconsiderate asses?

OK   I will give you that one

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2018 at 5:13 PM, chucky said:

season 7, possible. Season 8, no way.

Watched "The Conjugal Conjecture" episode on my local station last night   It still riles me that in comparison to the Shamy wedding all the annoyances and remarks that occurred in the Lenny wedding while  nothing like that happened to Shamy except maybe for Mark Hamill's comedic officiant. Also, they had to integrate the government project story into the Lenny wedding while Shamy did not have a secondary story. The whole episode was about their wedding. And of course Sheldon's interference (actually in both Lenny wedding episodes) to ruin an intimate moment for Penny and Leonard. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Watched "The Conjugal Conjecture" episode on my local station last night   It still riles me that in comparison to the Shamy wedding all the annoyances and remarks that occurred in the Lenny wedding while  nothing like that happened to Shamy except maybe for Mark Hamill's comedic officiant. Also, they had to integrate the government project story into the Lenny wedding while Shamy did not have a secondary story. The whole episode was about their wedding. And of course Sheldon's interference (actually in both Lenny wedding episodes) to ruin an intimate moment for Penny and Leonard. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

When I watched Episode 11.24, I felt such sadness that TPTB had the ability to write a beautiful, touching wedding episode. That they chose not to do so for Penny and Leonard, twice, really took the wind out of my sails (read that in a book this afternoon at lunch and it really fits). It was really wonderful and fans of The Big Bang Theory and Shamy shippers should be over the moon.....It is just that it is sad that the Hofstadters could not get one wedding that wasn't overshadowed....

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Totally agree and this is why as much as i'd like to see a Penny pregnant story , I just know they'll ruin it by having Sheldon involved in it.

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

When I watched Episode 11.24, I felt such sadness that TPTB had the ability to write a beautiful, touching wedding episode. That they chose not to do so for Penny and Leonard, twice, really took the wind out of my sails (read that in a book this afternoon at lunch and it really fits). It was really wonderful and fans of The Big Bang Theory and Shamy shippers should be over the moon.....It is just that it is sad that the Hofstadters could not get one wedding that wasn't overshadowed....

Well, they do have to incorporate Sheldon in just about every scene as TPTB and writers must feel Sheldon is needed in almost every scene so that the episode is worth watching.

WHAT A BUMMER!

18 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

You have absolutely no reason to be sorry. There was nothing wrong with anything in your post.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Totally agree and this is why as much as i'd like to see a Penny pregnant story , I just know they'll ruin it by having Sheldon involved in it.

I think they would ruin it by having her complaining about not being able to drink wine and about getting fat. I don't trust the writers any farther than I can throw them to write it well which is one of the reasons I've never wanted it

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think they would ruin it by having her complaining about not being able to drink wine and about getting fat. I don't trust the writers any farther than I can throw them to write it well which is one of the reasons I've never wanted it

I don't think she'll be as bad as Bernadette though. She would moan and groan about not drinking wine and coffee. As well as getting fat. I agree about not trusting the writers one iota. They always think it's funny when Sheldon intervenes in Lenny's golden moments.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

I agree. I enjoyed the Shamy wedding, but it brought the disappointment of Leonard’s and Penny’s wedding(s). I think i might have predicted the second Lenny wedding in one of my older posts, so my I’m going to make another prediction and say Leonard and Penny will have a baby. Looking forward to s12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TBBT78 said:

I agree. I enjoyed the Shamy wedding, but it brought the disappointment of Leonard’s and Penny’s wedding(s). I think i might have predicted the second Lenny wedding in one of my older posts, so my I’m going to make another prediction and say Leonard and Penny will have a baby. Looking forward to s12.

Hoping for those smart and beautiful babies.

Edited by chucky
spelling
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That's no different than Bernadette though. Boring, IMO, but not all that terrible.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TBBT78 said:

JMO, I kind of feel that for Penny and Leonard in season 12 they would both have advancement in their jobs in the first half of the season. Perhaps, Penny gets that PR position offer and Leonard gets either a professorship or possibly a promotion to Physics Dept. chairman....wouldn't that be a hoot as he would be Sheldon's boss.  Then maybe in the second half of the season Penny might think she is pregnant and if season 12 is the last she gives birth before the final episode or if there is a season 13 they just continue with the story.  I might be overly optimistic with this scenario and there are alot of variables that can occur but we can only hope.

• Like 2

JMO, I kind of feel that for Penny and Leonard in season 12 they would both have advancement in their jobs in the first half of the season. Perhaps, Penny gets that PR position offer and Leonard gets either a professorship or possibly a promotion to Physics Dept. chairman....wouldn't that be a hoot as he would be Sheldon's boss.  Then maybe in the second half of the season Penny might think she is pregnant and if season 12 is the last she gives birth before the final episode or if there is a season 13 they just continue with the story.  I might be overly optimistic with this scenario and there are alot of variables that can occur but we can only hope.

Good to be optimistic Mario
D. I do believe that a thirteenth season has been agreed already, I’m
sure somebody will put me right if I’m wrong. We still don’t know who got the tenured post. Are we to assume that it wasn’t Leonard or Sheldon? Really hoping for a Lenny pregnancy and a home water birth in apartment 4A

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBBT78 said:

Good to be optimistic Mario
D. I do believe that a thirteenth season has been agreed already, I’m
sure somebody will put me right if I’m wrong. We still don’t know who got the tenured post. Are we to assume that it wasn’t Leonard or Sheldon? Really hoping for a Lenny pregnancy and a home water birth in apartment 4A emoji97.png emoji64.pngemoji480.png

If they have agreed on a thirteenth season it might be announced at SDCC........hopefully you are right, but I would think they also might announce it as the final season for TBBT

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

If they have agreed on a thirteenth season it might be announced at SDCC........hopefully you are right, but I would think they also might announce it as the final season for TBBT

It could very possibly go either way. I'm going out on a limb and say Season 13 is a sure thing. Don't ask me why, that's just what I feel will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Jim said in a recent interview that there have been no meetings regarding a 13th season and now the cast is all scattered for summer hiatus. 

I would guess that the earliest we might hear anything would be at the end of the fall season or even later.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Jim said in a recent interview that there have been no meetings regarding a 13th season and now the cast is all scattered for summer hiatus. 

I would guess that the earliest we might hear anything would be at the end of the fall season or even later.

If they wanted to have a discussion, I'm sure it could be arranged.