[Spoilers] The "Dark" Lenny Thread: Season 11

veejay

37 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Bernie asked if anyone had anything else to say  and you can't do that around Sheldon. He is too literal.

Yes, she asked if anyone had anything else to say, not come up and join the festivities. He should have stood up, say his piece and sat back down. That wouldn't have been funny though. They made Lenny's wedding a comedy and Shamy got a more mature and natural wedding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Bernie asked if anyone had anything else to say  and you can't do that around Sheldon. He is too literal. Then Alfred spoke, and then Sheldon spoke. I know she said it in a sarcastic way, but Sheldon still has trouble with reading sarcasm. I had forgotten she even said anything until I rewatched it. I never rewatch that ep. I just don't like it, but it's the first TBBT that came up when I was on Delta, which is NOT the way to go for an eight hour flight to London when you've already been sitting for an hour waiting to take off in Indianapolis and then sat all the way to Atlanta.

She asked if anyone had anything else to say, she didn't say he should get up and come to stand with them. I don't think it was an evil plan of his or something like that, I think he really did want to tell his friends, mostly Leonard, how much they mean to him. But I strongly disagree with the claim that Bernadette is to blame.

Edited by bfm
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, bfm said:

But I strongly disagree with the claim that Bernadette is to blame

Yeah, the blame is totally on Sheldon.

Personally, I believe he would have intruded in the ceremony whether Bernie asked that question or not.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Yes, she asked if anyone had anything else to say, not come up and join the festivities. He should have stood up, say his piece and sat back down. That wouldn't have been funny though. They made Lenny's wedding a comedy and Shamy got a more mature and natural wedding.

Exactly. I actually liked Shamy's wedding. However, it should have been Lenny the ones who should have had that wedding. A wedding in which all of the friends behaved and which even had Luke Skywalker, a wedding which was given the dramatic weigh it deserved. Everything was great about that wedding, except it was for the wrong couple.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Exactly. I actually liked Shamy's wedding. However, it should have been Lenny the ones who should have had that wedding. A wedding in which all of the friends behaved and which even had Luke Skywalker, a wedding which was given the dramatic weigh it deserved. Everything was great about that wedding, except it was for the wrong couple.

I think William Shatner would been a better officiant for Lenny's wedding. I feel that Leonard is more into Captain Kirk than Luke Skywalker. But, I believe he would have settled for either one. I know that he has Star Wars Shampoo and Conditioner.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

I think William Shatner would been a better officiant for Lenny's wedding. I feel that Leonard is more into Captain Kirk than Luke Skywalker. But, I believe he would have settled for either one. I know that he has Star Wars Shampoo and Conditioner.

Absolutely, especially since they had created a glamorous work of art in his name, which we really like to remember, don't we? :laugh:

nb_15.gif.6a6fc0028ea72ac528e9bc619d0b1a45.gif

• Penny Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Absolutely, especially since they had created a glamorous work of art in his name, which we really like to remember, don't we? :laugh:

nb_15.gif.6a6fc0028ea72ac528e9bc619d0b1a45.gif

That was definitely the redo of the sex with body paint. The first was just soooo generic!  :sungum:

13 hours ago, chucky said:

Yeah, the blame is totally on Sheldon.

Personally, I believe he would have intruded in the ceremony whether Bernie asked that question or not.

Yeah in my opinion both of Lennies weddings where ruined by Sheldon , their first by Sheldon coming over uninvited and getting all the attention by moaning which caused the gang to miss it. The second when he came up and spoke to them then hugged them , it was unnecessary  but the writers had to find a way to have Sheldon involved with that plot. Actually The Shamy wedding was the only one not to have any interruptions because the Howardette one had interruptions too. So,  like I always suspected the Shamy got given probably the best wedding out of all the couples, although the vows weren't, I mean Amy's where a little farfetched to believe. The best vows go. to Lenny. 

• Like 4

TBH the whole Shamy relationship has always been a bit far fetched haha. 

And yes I meant Leonard Protagonist. And Sheldon Antagonist. Sorry Brain Scramble.

I don't think it was Bernies fault at all. She as saying what a typical Ordained Minister would do. "Anyone want to say anything". So yes Sheldon ruined both of their weddings. As he tends to do. But I Think they saw LP wedding from a comedy sense. Diddn't take it seriousley. The fact Shamy had no interruptions at all. And it was seemless speaks volumes of the extreme bias. I would of preferred Shamy got married in that reception. And diddn't dedicated the whole season to Shamys wedding. But it is what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I tend to agree with you but we will never know.

Yeah, the writers, once again thought it was funny with him interfering with their wedding.

10 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

The fact Shamy had no interruptions at all. And it was seemless speaks volumes of the extreme bias. I would of preferred Shamy got married in that reception. And diddn't dedicated the whole season to Shamys wedding. But it is what it is. 

Absolutely right! But, it is the Sheldon Cooper Show. Thank god all that Shamy wedding nonsense is over. Now we'll be bored to tears as Amy talks about their honeymoon!

45 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Yeah in my opinion both of Lennies weddings where ruined by Sheldon , their first by Sheldon coming over uninvited and getting all the attention by moaning which caused the gang to miss it. The second when he came up and spoke to them then hugged them , it was unnecessary  but the writers had to find a way to have Sheldon involved with that plot. Actually The Shamy wedding was the only one not to have any interruptions because the Howardette one had interruptions too. So,  like I always suspected the Shamy got given probably the best wedding out of all the couples, although the vows weren't, I mean Amy's where a little farfetched to believe. The best vows go. to Lenny. 

Shamy will also be the only ones with a honeymoon!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Shamy will also be the only ones with a honeymoon!

I doubt we'll see them on their honeymoon , well I hope we don't anyway. My guess is the premiere will have them returning from their honeymoon and Amy gushing over it. The season will then be all about Sheldon's super asymmetry and the Shamies day to day lives of being married. All the things us Lennies wanted to see Lenny do as a married couple will be done by the Shamy instead . Am I being pessimistic? absolutely, but with good reason too Lenny are not important to the writers. They are far more interested in the Sheldon/Shamy. with the occasional bone thrown to Lenny. 

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

I doubt we'll see them on their honeymoon , well I hope we don't anyway. My guess is the premiere will have them returning from their honeymoon and Amy gushing over it. The season will then be all about Sheldon's super asymmetry and the Shamies day to day lives of being married. All the things us Lennies wanted to see Lenny do as a married couple will be done by the Shamy instead . Am I being pessimistic? absolutely, but with good reason too Lenny are not important to the writers. They are far more interested in the Sheldon/Shamy. with the occasional bone thrown to Lenny. 

To be honest, I see it the same way you do. My only hope is to experience more group dynamics with all or just different characters. I don't expect the "Lenny Show", but their original meaning within the series seems to me for a long time hardly perceptible.
All I realize at the moment, there must be a recognizable status for the "Sheldon Show", or rather "The Ultimative Shamy Show". All the other characters stumbling around the outstanding couple. In such a long running show, many viewers want to see more than Sheldon "sheldoning" for 18 minutes a week.
It was a great show that got me hooked, but for now...?

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

IT never was the "Lenny show". Even at their peak, in terms of writing. You could even argue s6 where they got the majority screen time. It never felt like the "Lenny Show". The Sheldon Cooper show on the other hand? Oh yeah thats all up in your grill lol. I don't mean to constantly bitch and moan about Sheldon. Nor is my intention in this thread to diminish Shamy. Its not their fault. Just what it is. I just agree the original meaning of what LP was seems to have got lost in this Vortex of Sheldoning

latest?cb=20140603224911

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

TBH the whole Shamy relationship has always been a bit far fetched haha. 

To say the least. It got utterly unbelievable when it began to get physical. It was quite obvious from Amy's first appearance that if Sheldon had been interested in sex he wouldn't have been with Amy.

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

IT never was the "Lenny show". Even at their peak, in terms of writing. You could even argue s6 where they got the majority screen time. It never felt like the "Lenny Show".

No, but Lenny were the  true romantic couple, Penny was the romantic heroine, KC was the undisputed leading lady, and Lenny's romance was the only long story arc. Now Shamy is like a grotesque parody of all that.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

To say the least. It got utterly unbelievable when it began to get physical. It was quite obvious from Amy's first appearance that if Sheldon had been interested in sex he wouldn't have been with Amy.

You do know that not every romantic and sexual attraction is the woman looking like KC, right? 

According to what you say maybe I should go make arrangements at the sperm bank right now... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Am I being pessimistic? absolutely, but with good reason too Lenny are not important to the writers. They are far more interested in the Sheldon/Shamy. with the occasional bone thrown to Lenny. 

No, you're not being pessimistic at all. The story is all about the shamy these days. Well, at least their wedding is done and over with now. We'll probably be bored with Amy describing their boring honeymoon. If that happens, I'll just skip that episode. You are so right, TPTB and writers are more interested in shamy than Lenny and the other characters.

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I doubt we'll see them on their honeymoon , well I hope we don't anyway.

I don't think we'll see it, unless it's in flashbacks. I'm absolutely hoping that don't happen. I'm sure Amy will be gushing about the honeymoon. Hopefully Penny and Bernie will realize that staying at home with their husbands was so much better than the shamy 'moon. But, then again, we won't be that lucky.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bfm said:

You do know that not every romantic and sexual attraction is the woman looking like KC, right? 

It's not just a matter of looks in either case. What makes Penny so enchanting is KC's acting. Whereas not only casting, makeup and wardrobe but more importantly writing, direction and acting all said Amy was utterly unattractive. That was where the campus rape joke came from.  Now Sheldon's desire for Amy is quite unbelievable because of how Amy is written and acted.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Now Sheldon's desire for Amy is quite unbelievable because of how Amy is written and acted.

I'm not so sure. When they met, she was the female version of Sheldon. Her prolonged association with Penny and Bernadette made her change somewhat and want what they had, a loving relationship with a man not afraid to show his love for her.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

It's not just a matter of looks in either case. What makes Penny so enchanting is KC's acting. Whereas not only casting, makeup and wardrobe but more importantly writing, direction and acting all said Amy was utterly unattractive. That was where the campus rape joke came from.  Now Sheldon's desire for Amy is quite unbelievable because of how Amy is written and acted.

Different people are attracted to different things. Also, Amy (character) was never the very attractive character but they never said no one could possibly be attracted to her. They also made the point that her mother did not let her be around kids her age that much when she was growing up. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Different people are attracted to different things. Also, Amy (character) was never the very attractive character but they never said no one could possibly be attracted to her. They also made the point that her mother did not let her be around kids her age that much when she was growing up. 

So very true. She did get a late jump in the relationship business. She learned about relationships by observing both Penny and Bernadette. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Actually they did - or to be precise Amy complained of it.

Leonard might have though the same thing (about himself) at some points of his life, does that make it true?

6 hours ago, veejay said:

To be honest, I see it the same way you do. My only hope is to experience more group dynamics with all or just different characters. I don't expect the "Lenny Show", but their original meaning within the series seems to me for a long time hardly perceptible.
All I realize at the moment, there must be a recognizable status for the "Sheldon Show", or rather "The Ultimative Shamy Show". All the other characters stumbling around the outstanding couple. In such a long running show, many viewers want to see more than Sheldon "sheldoning" for 18 minutes a week.
It was a great show that got me hooked, but for now...?

I also wonder how much Kaley will be involved in the early episodes due to her surgery, although she says it will be a 4-6 week recovery period and that would put it at just about the first taping. So we will see.