The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-10 Episode Tournament

On 7/22/2017 at 3:12 PM, serena_1995 said:

That is a bummer. The last thing I want is for the tournament to turn into an echo chamber of forum opinion. It is always refreshing to see something that doesn't reflect the forum  opinion completely. 

What do you expect it to reflect, if not Forum opinion?

I'm a pollster, so I am curious.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 1

Well I can't say I agree with the choice of Earworm winning by over 50 votes lol. Quality wise Earworm is not 50 votes better. But then again the Shamy fan base is much larger then the Lenny one. This whole thing is so subjective too. 

• Like 3

43 vs. Earworm is quite hard. I dislake them both :cool:  But 43 has Lenny's beautiful moment in it so, for that one...

Prom vs. Fish Effect will be even worse, they are both among my all time favorites

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well I can't say I agree with the choice of Earworm winning by over 50 votes lol. Quality wise Earworm is not 50 votes better. But then again the Shamy fan base is much larger then the Lenny one. This whole thing is so subjective too. 

Last year 43 lost against Justice League in the first round as well - nothing to do with the Shamy fan base. It's just not a strong contender with the general fans who vote, specifically those who come to the poll after Tripper advertises it on fb/twitter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, April said:

Last year 43 lost against Justice League in the first round as well - nothing to do with the Shamy fan base. It's just not a strong contender with the general fans who vote, specifically those who come to the poll after Tripper advertises it on fb/twitter.

No the trend in these tournaments is Shamy episodes get majority votes. Look st all the other Shamy episodes that won over arguably better episodes like Barbarian Sublimation.

35 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Of course it's subjective. It's a poll of people's opinions.

Your point? I was just pointing out an episode winning doesn't necessarily mean it's the superior episode. Everyone has different preferences 

1 hour ago, tallin said:

43 vs. Earworm is quite hard. I dislake them both :cool:  But 43 has Lenny's beautiful moment in it so, for that one...

Prom vs. Fish Effect will be even worse, they are both among my all time favorites

Heh I hated Prom Equivalency :sarcastichand:. So easy for me. Scavenger easily top 3 from this series. But that's jmo.

Edited by 3ku11

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Your point? I was just pointing out an episode winning doesn't necessarily mean it's the superior episode. Everyone has different preferences 

My point is, there's no such thing as a superior episode, because there is no objective way they can be quantified.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

No the trend in these tournaments is Shamy episodes get majority votes. Look st all the other Shamy episodes that won over arguably better episodes like Barbarian Sublimation.

The trend in these tournament is that people will vote for what they like and Shamy fans are not the biggest influence, believe it or not. Especially not the handful left on this forum.

There is no such thing as "objectively better" in this. People in general just like Shamy themed episodes more than you do. But they also like a lot of the classics as well.

Pity for you that there are not many Lenny episodes among them though. I always wonder if you Lenny fans would have a better shot if you were a bit more into these type of things and nominate more Lenny episodes to begin with. Like I saw @bfm make a post in the Lenny thread some time ago but there were no takers at all. Oh well...

Edited by April
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Look st all the other Shamy episodes that won over arguably better episodes like Barbarian Sublimation.

Oddly enough, even though I ship Shamy hard, I voted Barbarian over Long Distance, and Bath Item over Locomotive.

Look I understand that's. I'm just saying you look at the Shamy eps. Getting majority votes. And they include milestone eps. My point was it's subjective.

Anyway Prom winning. I choose Luminous. Proms too stereotypical. Next one Scavenger. 

Well Prom won. Next one I voted Scavenger. The last great tbbt episode :icon_cheesygrin:.

OK, that was a tough one, but in the end I voted Gorilla.

There are so many funny moments in it, and, of course, Melissa's naked back, which is quite delightful. :maninlove: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Scavenger is one of my favourites!! It was great the way the group interact because of  Raj's  hunt, as it had very funny scenes.

And Amy and Howard singing Neil Diamond was absolutely pure gold! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Voted for Scavenger too. Leonard's dive is hilarious. :icon_cheesygrin:

scavengerhunt0703_01.gif.b69b0ce4c72fecd47e10ab7d43f338d3.gif

42 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

And Amy and Howard singing Neil Diamond was absolutely pure gold! 

Yep! :yes::icon_cheesygrin:

amy_howard_jump.gif.cadd7e212074885685ff6d878779ae0e.gif

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, luminous said:

Voted for Scavenger too. Leonard's dive is hilarious. :icon_cheesygrin:

scavengerhunt0703_01.gif.b69b0ce4c72fecd47e10ab7d43f338d3.gif

Yep! :yes::icon_cheesygrin:

amy_howard_jump.gif.cadd7e212074885685ff6d878779ae0e.gif

Indeed! ;):icon_cheesygrin:

tumblr_mu4oayqp2O1qdz44io3_500.gif

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.

Lever or Leaver? :) 

• Like 1

The first knock-out round has just closed and the eight winning episodes have progressed to the second round.

In the second round, the top eight episodes now go head-to-head in the following pairs: The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis vs. The Panty Pinata Polarization, The Adhesive Duck Deficiency vs. The Earworm Reverberation, The Opening Night Excitation vs. The Prom Equivalency, and The Long Distance Dissonance vs. The Scavenger Vortex.

Each match will be open for three days and the first match is open now. https://the-big-bang-theory.com/episode-tournament/

tbbt-s110-et-r2-m1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. Personally I only REALLY like 3-4 of those 8.

I'm not surprised that there are many Shamy milestone episodes since in the last 3 seasons the show certainly appeals much more to Shamy fans than to Lenny fans (Howardette don't have so many fans).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1